shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Arjunajane...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ
35.gif

You mentioned in another post about your old cut, I think it was tranni, losing a little ability to draw in the colors once it was bezeled. Are you able to post any before and after pics? I am most curiouse to see yur bezel, too! Thanks.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
bumping

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Oops Sorry about that ... I forgot the time difference! Whenever you get a chance it will be appreciated. I''m a little concerned about mine not being as pretty after it''s bezeled.
33.gif
Your stone was absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for any help.
BB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 7:59:30 PM
Author: ButterBean
Oops Sorry about that ... I forgot the time difference! Whenever you get a chance it will be appreciated. I'm a little concerned about mine not being as pretty after it's bezeled.
33.gif
Your stone was absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for any help.
BB

Hiya BB, thats ok!
Awww..was?! Does that mean you don't think its pretty anymore...?
7.gif
He he, just joking
2.gif

You know, I looked through my pics trying to see something that would explain what I mean - but TBH, I've no idea really if the result would've been the same if it had been prong or otherwise set..This is the first stone I've had loose than set, and chances to take photos of both - so I imagine what I'm seeing happens everytime you set a stone, kwim? I hope someone else can chime in on this..

That said, it did photograph easier before it was set - it was almost impossible to get a Bad photo of it loose, ha!
The setting has diminished some of its capability of drawing in colours and brightness - but its still very pretty, bright and colorful imho.
Was it quite a big difference? Yep..
Is it enough of an effect to make me wish I hadn't done it? Nope - I love it set the way it is, and get alot of wear out of it
5.gif

Also remember, mine's a transitional and yours is OEC right? I think these stones are all so different..have you tried creating a cylinder of card around it to simulate the bezel effect?I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help BB..

The other thing is, I don't have a before and after photo of them in the same lighting/position..

Here is one set that's as close as I could get in terms of the above:

hanging1.JPG

oec loose view1.JPG

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ,
Thanks for ALL your effort! I did read through your thread and now I remember reading it before. Your sparklie is EVERY BIT as beautiful now as it was before. My use of the work "was" was not intentional - It IS very, very colorful!
30.gif
Absolutely perfect!
Well, originally when I chose mine I was under the impression it was an OEC, but after getting it and seeing the crown height lower than expected, I now think it might be a later (not old) European cut or transitional. I have a hunch FF is planning something for V-Day, so the wait might be almost over. He''s right in that some of the surprise factor won''t be there, but he admitted that he never would have chosen what I did.

Thanks for sharing yours with me while I wait.... it helps!
35.gif
- BB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:27:58 AM
Author: ButterBean
Hi AJ,
Thanks for ALL your effort! I did read through your thread and now I remember reading it before. Your sparklie is EVERY BIT as beautiful now as it was before. My use of the work ''was'' was not intentional - It IS very, very colorful!
30.gif
Absolutely perfect!
Well, originally when I chose mine I was under the impression it was an OEC, but after getting it and seeing the crown height lower than expected, I now think it might be a later (not old) European cut or transitional. I have a hunch FF is planning something for V-Day, so the wait might be almost over. He''s right in that some of the surprise factor won''t be there, but he admitted that he never would have chosen what I did.

Thanks for sharing yours with me while I wait.... it helps!
35.gif
- BB
Ha ha, thanks BB and you''re welcome - don''t worry, I was just joshin ya about the "was" thing
2.gif

How exciting about your potential V day engagement - can''t wait to see the finished product!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results