shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

snlee

Ideal_Rock
KimberlyH, good luck! I hope your induction goes well! Can''t wait to hear an update from you!

CoralQuiz

Rough_Rock
I had my first meeting with the midwife today! He is a bloke which I think is pretty cool.
We chose him because he''s been practising for 15+ years, lives 3mins drive from us and comes highly recommended.

DH was being very cute last night, talking into my tummy.. I didn''t tell him that LO won''t be able to hear anything for another few months
28.gif

I''ve had a wicked sore throat for the past few days as though I''m getting the flu. And sore boobs.

I''m thinking of starting a pregnancy scrapbook to add things into as we go.. like a pic of the BFP HPT and the evolution of our spare room into the nursery and our US pics etc etc.

We''re telling our parents tomorrow.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 5:27:13 PM
Author: So Excited
HH- Yes, my termination letter is 1/2 the proof, but it also does state the ''end pay date'' so does no good. Once I get a new job/go on UI I have to submit my ''new pay'' to qualify.

Snlee- I felt movements this time around at 13 weeks. They were pretty clear and actually confirmed with my US cuz I could see him kick and feel it all at the same time so I knew what to ''look for''. SOOO different than my first where she gave me NO CLUE she was there until 24 weeks!

BAH! That''s LAME!!! I''m sorry they''re being such a$$hats.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim good luck!! Can''t wait to see your pics and hear your story.

Cara and others at 10 weeks, oh boy I remember that crazy bloated feeling. You are like HELLO why dont my pants fit. Well thats what I said anyway...since mine didn''t. and i had only gained like 3 lbs at that point. it was really sad!! Hang in there..!!

Oh and I forgot who said thanks for me still chiming in with a ''new mom'' perspective. Honestly, when I think back to being preggo as a first timer, I was so clueless on a lot of stuff!! So if I can give you gals a tip (like stretch your legs in the morning and relish the quiet sleep time you have hahaa) then why not.. I hope it helps.
2.gif

Oh and Lulu...I am still loving the Purely Yours...and more used to the beeping now. It seems pretty darn effective.

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I *think* I missed six babies - that is a lot! It looks like most of the girls have moved on and don''t read this thread anymore, but just in case:

Congrats to Steph on baby Evan, QT on baby Jaron, RPS on baby Benjamin, Mara on baby Julian, MtJoya on baby Jacqueline, and KT on baby Jacob
36.gif

I hope I didn''t mess that up or miss anyone.

The babies are adorable, but that isn''t surprising - they are PS babies!

HH, you look great!

Jas sorry to hear about your little one, but I''m glad to know it is something you guys can manage and the baby will still be healthy. As for Linea Nigra, I think mine showed up around 22 weeks, but was (and is) pretty faint. I''m not sure if it will get darker?

Kim can''t wait to hear from you. Hope everything goes well!

As for me, some of my first trimester symptoms have come back
14.gif
Does anyone else have this? I was never sick in the 1st tri, but I would feel nauseous, and would have this awful taste in my mouth. Well, they are both back. As is my heartburn. And my fatigue. I guess that''s why they call the 2nd tri the honeymoon phase
3.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
good morning!

Happy BPF.

HH - congratulations on week 10. pretty soon you'll be on to the second trimester

jas - It can't ever be good to hear negative things from the doctor, but at least your little will be perfectly healthy!! any luck with narrowing down names?

jena - I had some spotting after an internal exam. glad that yours is going away.

kim -
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

prettyblues - sorry that you've had more symptoms lately. my heartburn is pretty ridiculous these days, but at least tums are so tasty. who knew
9.gif

as for me, i'm so glad yesterday is over. I woke up in the middle of the night with a nasty stomach bug, but had to go into work. I thought that things had settled, but unfortunately that was not the case and wound up having to leave in the afternoon.
14.gif
. I'm still feeling awful, but again needed to come into the actual office to finalize some things before the end of the week. though, i'm more tempted to crawl under my desk. and I had just been gloating how I've been sooo healthy this entire pregnancy. bah.

here's my 23 wk contribution. the tulips are are wishful thinking towards spring
3.gif

luluwk23.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 9:32:23 AM
Author: PrettyBlues

Jas sorry to hear about your little one, but I'm glad to know it is something you guys can manage and the baby will still be healthy. As for Linea Nigra, I think mine showed up around 22 weeks, but was (and is) pretty faint. I'm not sure if it will get darker?

Kim can't wait to hear from you. Hope everything goes well!

As for me, some of my first trimester symptoms have come back
14.gif
Does anyone else have this? I was never sick in the 1st tri, but I would feel nauseous, and would have this awful taste in my mouth. Well, they are both back. As is my heartburn. And my fatigue. I guess that's why they call the 2nd tri the honeymoon phase
3.gif
Jas: Linea Negra: I think DH noticed mine around the 24 week mark... it is still very very faint, but I have nioticed that in the last week it has started to go above my belly button.

PB- I was never sick or nauseous in the 1st Tri, and then in my 29th and 30th weeks I was having "issues" with those symptoms. I am now 31 weeks and they have gone away! I hope yours are quick to leave like mine were.

As for me, I had a pregnancy dream last night... I think I only had to push a few times, but this one did include a little bit of labor before hand... maybe 20 minutes to an hour
41.gif
Also, the part that was very surprising... we had a GIRL! LOL!

Happy BPF everyone!! I'm hoping to see more pics than last week!!

ETA: Lulu- You look great!!!

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Lulu - I always love your pictures. And you look great! I also love Tums, they are my best friend at the moment.

Meresal - I''ll cross my fingers and hope it is short lived like yours was. I am 29weeks2days, so maybe I will be in luck!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Great pic, Lulu!!! You look wonderful!!!! Hope you feel better soon
1.gif

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
kim - go kim!! awaiting the news anxiously!!

prettyblues - my tummy def became more sensitive again towards the end. and the heartburn returned with a vengeance. it''s all physiologic..just not much room there!

kt - what a cutie!! ditto, thritto, quadritto on those unbelievable eyes!

alj - you''ve got some serious skills woman! any "whiteflash visits" in the near future?
31.gif
maybe we can coordinate a photo session?
9.gif

car seat - i forgot who was talking about this, but we got our car seat inspected by the local sheriff''s office. although hubbs the engineer was pretty positive things were perfect -- they were not. the carseat ppl were great. explained how diff cars are crash tested for car seats indiff ways, so even if you manage to have the carseat installed , unless it is in the exact manner of how it was tested, then it''s wrong. they also had all the info on which cars installed which way. then they also showed us tricks on how to help the car seat not slide on the leather seat. and they also demostrated the correct positioning of an infant/child within the car seat. REALLY informative.

things i wish i had more of - you canNOT have enough of those sleeper gowns with the mitts attached. if i could keep A in those all day i would...and i do
9.gif
until we run out and then i quickly do laundry. makes changing soooo easy, and esp in the first week or 2 when the umbilical stumo is still there, it is a sanity saver. oh and luuuuuurve the aden and anais muslin blankets. so versatile. haven''t used the miracle blanket type swaddles -- can''t get a tight enough wrap with it. oh and i just watched the happiest baby on the block dvd. can''t vouh for all the techniques yet, but his swaddle is so far working for us.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gingerb - thanks for another vouch for the footed sleepers with mittens. we looked for them the last time we were at buy buy baby and didn''t see any. we have a carters outlet right near me so i need to go check there for some. i also want to pick up newborn kimonos. i have the 0-3 month kimonos already, but not the newborn ones. in our child care class we changed the baby doll''s clothes and kimonos were what was used.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My sister, 32 weeks, said that she had to go buy new maternity clothes this week. She is literally ALL belly and is having a hard time with the actual growth she is seeing. She says she never realized that she could actually get this "big". Starting next Monday she begins going 2 times/week. Her baby is still breach, so they are now seriously talking about scheduling an induction.

I''m still not growing in the belly region, but as of this week I can literally "feel" baby getting heavier. Getting off of the couch in the evening has become painful in my hips, and I pretend that holding up my stomach helps.
20.gif

Ok, here is my 31 week BFP...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
umm, yeah...

Mer at 31w 2d 02.26.10.JPG

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
HH-you look great!

lulu-love the photo!

Mer-you are tiny for 31 weeks and so close! I had a weird pregnancy dream too where I had an u/s and the tech said it was a boy
3.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jena, I had spotting too around weeks 7-9. I wouldn''t sweat it too much. Definitely call your doc especially if you''re RH- because sometimes they''ll want to get you the Rhogam shot.

Kim, I hope you''re comfortably hollding your LO right now. How exciting!

HH, you''re practically ripped! I''m so jealous. My belly has big since week 10 - mostly bloat at the time. Now, I just look knocked up.
3.gif

Mer, you are looking damn good! I have the same worry as your sister...the fear of growing out of the maternity clothes. Aaahhh!

Alison, thanks for posting pics of Jake. He''s is one good looking baby!

Fiery, I love your new avatar pic of Sophia. She is beautiful! She just looks like such a happy little gal. I smile when I see her pics. Now that you all started pic Friday in the newborn - 12 months thread, I get steal looks at all the babies!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Fiery- Thank you! I''m wondering if the dreams start getting more *real* as you get closer to due date? BTW, love your new pic of Sophia! She looks so cute!

Pupp- Thanks lady! We have been able to wear jeans all month for Feb, for a Haiti initiative at work, and starting Monday I have to go back to work clothes. My fingers are crossed that my Noppies will still be comfortable and fit!
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto on the sleepers with mitts. though we did not use them much in the beginning as they were too big on J we are using them more now. the newborn one from carters still fits him at 1 month but we''ve moved onto the 0-3 month ones now and i think he likes how you can stretch out but he can also contort himself into weird positions into it too (like the womb). the one thing that bugs is they ride up like CRAZY and bunch up behind his back and all over his belly and stuff. so we are always pulling them down. but i love the mittens and the ''freedom'' his limbs have in them, good for ''cuddling'' him up.

really anything with mitts we wish we had more of. we hardly use any of the zipper sleepers without mitts right now because J is a champion self mutilator and will scratch the crap out of his face and stab himself in the eye with his finger if we don''t have them on. and the separate ones (not attached) he can get out of in a matter of minutes.

you gals look great!!! mere i can''t believe you are 31 weeks already wow.. (i know it prob seems like forever to you).

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
jcrow - i meant the sleeping gowns, not the footed sleepers, which can be a bit cumbersome for quick nighttime changes. the gowns are open at the bottom and make changes a LOT easier and faster. and every mionute counts when you''re motoring sleep deprivved!!! and ditto mara on the kind of big for newborns and the bunching, but it''s a small pay off for the ease IMO. and A is also a face scratcher. those itty bitty nails are sharp! i''ve found that the baby gap ones and the thicker gerber ones are a little smaller, whreas the thinner fabric gerber ones are on the bigger side.

good looking bellies ladies!!

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
I was able to talk to the doctor yesterday about my very light pink spotting and he said it was perfectly normal after a Pap and I didn''t have any more yesterday or today so I feel much better! Thanks for your advice girls!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 1:49:47 PM
Author: gingerB
jcrow - i meant the sleeping gowns, not the footed sleepers, which can be a bit cumbersome for quick nighttime changes. the gowns are open at the bottom and make changes a LOT easier and faster. and every mionute counts when you''re motoring sleep deprivved!!! and ditto mara on the kind of big for newborns and the bunching, but it''s a small pay off for the ease IMO. and A is also a face scratcher. those itty bitty nails are sharp! i''ve found that the baby gap ones and the thicker gerber ones are a little smaller, whreas the thinner fabric gerber ones are on the bigger side.

good looking bellies ladies!!

oh! ok, thanks for the clarification!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have my maternity shoot this weekend with a local photographer. I am SO stoked - my DH, not so much, haha. He hates the camera but I am looking forward to getting some new pictures of us together.

Me at 35 weeks ladies!

35weeksmonkeypie1.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP, good luck at your shoot this weekend. Sounds like fun!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I forgot to ask. Anyone having hot flashes? I''ve had 3 this week...not cool (no pun intended)! It''s really more than just feeling *hot*, I have to sit down and rest and my breathing is a little weird - not hard to breathe just weird. 2 of the 3 times I was blow drying my hair when it happened. I think I''m overheating with the hair dryer and the head upside down then right side up isn''t helping either.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
MP- You look soooo cute!!!

Pupp- I had a few hot flashes for a few weeks after I passed 12, and then a couple more in the early-mid 20's. I would just be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden my heart would start racing, I would get really hot, and literally felt like I was sitting directly on the sun. HATED IT! (I think I have one or two posts on here about it actually) One day my heart rate went up to 90bmp, just sitting at my desk... and being an athlete, my heartrate never leaves the 60's. Again, nothing to worry about from what I have read, I just take a step back from whatever I am doing and cool off.
The bathrooms and stairwell in my office building are very cool, so I usually just go sit in one or the other. Do you have tile in your bathroom? Maybe sitting on the tile for a few minutes would help... or stand with the fridge open
3.gif
?

I was talking with a co-worker at lunch and realized I forgot the FUNNIEST part of my dream last night... my LO, who was born a girl, was born with male pattern baldness. The hair was literally in a horseshoe around the bottom of the head, and NO hair on top. Between this and the dream where I birthed a 13 year old child, I think I am having some underlying issues with missing out on my baby's childhood???
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG meresal i had the weirdest dreams and all the time up until about 22 weeks. they were all about him ''coming too early''...aka before he was even baked. but in the dream he was fine every time. and once he was like 5years old. and once he was african american (after i saw that movie ''bruno'' with the adopted baby in it)...etc. i mean crazy stuff. each time i figured you couldn''t try to even assume what it meant because preggo dreams just were sooo weird!

MP great image!! have fun this wkd with your photo shoot. greg hated the photo stuff too. men!

i''m happy to report that we just had the newborn photographer here again to finish up from last week and we FINALLY got some sleepy newborn photos with J. YAY!!! it only took feeding him 45 min before hand to make him pass out and then 2 more ''snacks'' for him to keep him in a comatose state. my piggy!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
MP-You are a cutie! Can''t believe that it''s almost time!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Love the pics, ladies!

I may have to start posting mine as the belly has made an appearance.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
MP & Meresal, my April due date buddies, you look great!!!

I had a busy day today & DH is sick, so I never got around to a belly pic, but I definitely will next week when I hit 34 weeks. My belly got huge in the past 10 days or so - suddenly my size M maternity shirts that I''ve been wearing since October with plenty of room are starting to really be stretched over my belly - I only have a couple that are fitting well now. I just hate to go shopping though when I probably only have 6 weeks or so to go ...

I just ordered a Belly Bandit today - I am planning to start wearing it ASAP after I deliver, and I''ll let you guys know how it goes, and if it works. Has anyone out there used one? What did you think?

Kimberly, I hope that your induction went well - can''t wait to hear your birth story!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my almost-on-time 39 week belly pic contribution.
Not much to report here. Have contractions off and on, but nothing that stays regular. no change in the cervix as of yet (yes, I was bad and I checked myself again tonight after one really long contraction). I''m having more pelvic pressure and a little achy pelvis feeling today - hopefully she''s moving down a little more. I''m getting impatient for her to arrive now.
And I''m sorry - I''m just too tired to pull together any commonents on everyone else''s posts.

39wks.JPG

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
drk, so close! I think this may be the first time I have seen you in something that isn''t scrubs, hehe! Such a cute belly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results