carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
such cute bellies!!

--

we checked out carter''s outlet today and bought some newborn kimonos. then we headed to the gap outlet and picked up 4 sleep bundlers with mitts. i also picked up an extra pack [set of 2] for a friend who is due at the end of may. we actually being thrown a joint shower. i think we''ll gift her those plus the aden + anais swaddle blankets and a sophie teether. she has a registry set up but it''s on wishpot and she doesn''t have much on there. also, if people decide to buy something from her wishpot registry, it doesn''t show up as purchased, so she could be gifted multiple of the same thing. i thought the mitted bundlers, swaddle blankets and the teether all seem to be things people rave about so we''ll give her that.

the sleep bundlers at the outlet were something like $13.99 for a set of 2. online they are $25 for a set of two. pretty good deal i think.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and regarding the sleeper bundlers with mitts - we bought size 0-3. should we also get 3-6 or do they no longer need the mitts then?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jcrow are the sleep bundlers like those elastic bottom gowns with mitts? i should check out a gap outlet near us... was it just a regular gap or a baby gap?

i have also found great deals at the baby gap store and online for clearance. like $3.99 long sleeve onesies and then 20% coupon found online or something. they have good deals. also...gymboree...i didn't even know it existed before i had a kid but we were gifted a few things from there and now i LOVE them. you can sign up for rewards and get gymbucks (basically $25 off every $50 you spend and it comes off a future order)and also they mail you coupons and things, i just bought a few clearance things for 20% off extra. and their boy stuff is SO CUTE.

oh and re :the mitts for 3-6..not sure, J is only 1 month and we still have mitts on him. i would say he would prob have mitts for at least another month, he is a champion self-mutilator ...and it will depend on the size of your kid..aka are they wearing 3-6 month stuff at 2months? some of my friends kids are!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Evan hasn't needed his mitts for quite some time. I would stick with the 0-3 months (which are normally huge to begin with!)...

ETA: Oops, I see now you are talking about sleepers with the mitts. I still say no..lol

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mara- It's crazy how much time 31 weeks actually is, when you look back on it. I can't believe 20 weeks was 3 WHOLE months ago... I can't really figure out how it passes so quickly. Now I am focusing on getting everything together at work. I am taking 20 weeks off, so there is ALOT to bring some of my co-workers "up to speed" on. I'm just wondering how I'm going to get it all done in 8 weeks. Yikes.

Charger- I think it is about time!

Vesper- Thanks! I'm sorry to hear about your DH, I hope he's feeling better. I can't wait to see your new belly and how much it has grown! I am going to wear the "Spanx" version for Preggo's. I have a feeling it is about the same, constriction for your waist after the baby is born. It says to start wearing it almost immediately, and I'm hoping it works! I haven't hear of the Bella Bandit, is it the same thing?

Drk- You look great! I can't believe how close you are!

Jcrow- Great pick ups at the outlet. Did you all go to the one in SM? DH is going to be there this week, and I may have him run by. I also like the idea of teh gifts you got! Something that they will definitely use!

DH and I trekked up to Ikea today to look at the 8 drawer dresser you all rave about... and everthough I REALLY don't like the veneer finish that the white stuff has, you just can't pass up an 8-drawer dresser for $279!!! There were some that we could have painted ourselves, but that just doesn't interest us, and we can use the changing pad and other accessories to cover up most of the top.

Also, I have a question. We found an armrest chair and ottoman that we really like, BUT it doesn't rock back and forth. It isn't a deep seat, easy to get out of with only one hand, and is sooooo comfortable! Is a rocker a necessity in the nursey? or is it ok to just have a large chair and ottoman?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Here is the chair that we are thinking about...

Ektorp Ikea chair for nursery.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mara - they are the ones with elastic gathering at the bottom. like these only a pink and a pink striped. they also had a blue pack and a brown striped with a white one. we just went to the regular gap outlet and they had a baby section in the back.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
meresal, no we didn''t go to the one in SM. there, though, they do have a separate baby gap outlet store. i may head there this week. i want to check out pottery barn again and possibly pick up curtains and a crib skirt.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
preggo news on my end... heartburn has gone away
36.gif
in it's place? leg swelling. not sure if it's just because this weekend i was on my feet so much or if it's here to stay. sat morning we ran around checking out houses. then i walked ikea VERY slowly with mil and sil. my legs + back hurt after, oh my! then we went to the movies so my legs just dangled down for 2 hours. and sunday we did a bit of shopping and i happened to be in 4 inch heels [not the smartest idea, but i didn't expect to be out and about that day!] and then we watched avatar, so again my feet dangled down for nearly 3 hours. today i'm going to prop my feet up and watch my salt intake.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well, crud. what i''ve been calling sleep bundlers are actually just called bundlers on gap''s site. so maybe they aren''t used for sleep? all this clothing is so confusing.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, I''m willing to bet a "bundler" is the same thing as a sleep sack or sleep bundler. If it''s got the features you need, then I don''t think it matters if it''s for sleep or not.

Today is NOT a good day. I''m very hormonal, irritable, tired, emotional, and my boobs have started hurting again. DH and I are currently in the middle of WW III due to my intolerance with boob play and all things physical right now and my moods. All I want to do is cry.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, you''re not alone. I flipped out this morning because DD ate my last bagel thin. I seriously through a temper tantrum. It comes and goes so you''ll have good days, I promise.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 10:07:36 AM
Author: puppmom
HH, you''re not alone. I flipped out this morning because DD ate my last bagel thin. I seriously through a temper tantrum. It comes and goes so you''ll have good days, I promise.

Thanks Pupp, it''s always nice to know I''m not alone. Too bad all DH remembers are the bad days.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP, how was your big shoot this weekend?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
De-lurking at ***KIMI''S*** request to let everyone know that she and J have a healthy and beautiful baby GRIL!!! 5 lbs, 8 oz, 18.3 inches.

She is moving tomorrow and has no internet but I''m sure will be back with pictures of the little princess soon!

CONGRATS KIMI!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kimi!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow- SM has a Carter's as well, but they don't have *really* great sales. I was thinking about heading up there with DH for Wed/Thurs but I just can't take the time off of work right now. I wish though! I really wanted to make one last trip before baby arrives... especially for the PB and C&B outlets! Hope you find some things you need!
FYI, my heartburn has dwindled a LOT in the last week as well. I think last night was the first time I've had it since maybe Monday or Tuesday of last week!
36.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the leg swelling. DH and I did a little trip to Ikea as well, but rested at the food court in the middle of the store for a bit. I think that seemed to help.

DeeJay- Thank you for the update!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

As for me, sleeping thru the night is a thing of the past. Hello 1 and 4 o'clock trips to the bathroom.
20.gif
Guess my body is getting prepared though.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 12:03:42 PM
Author: meresal
Jcrow- SM has a Carter''s as well, but they don''t have *really* great sales. I was thinking about heading up there with DH for Wed/Thurs but I just can''t take the time off of work right now. I wish though! I really wanted to make one last trip before baby arrives... especially for the PB and C&B outlets! Hope you find some things you need!

FYI, my heartburn has dwindled a LOT in the last week as well. I think last night was the first time I''ve had it since maybe Monday or Tuesday of last week!
36.gif

I''m sorry to hear about the leg swelling. DH and I did a little trip to Ikea as well, but rested at the food court in the middle of the store for a bit. I think that seemed to help.

DeeJay- Thank you for the update!!! I can''t wait to see pictures!!!

yeh, i checked out carter''s but their prices were inflated then marked down it seemed. they ended up being only like $1 cheaper than buy buy baby. let me know if you go to the SM outlet. maybe we could meet up? i know my hubs doesn''t want to be dragged down there again, haha!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
meresal - the lure of the hemnes dresser is strong, very strong
31.gif
. so are the $1 ice cream cones. I can''t really speak to the rocker vs. stationary chair as we haven''t put ours to use yet. we went with a rocker though I know that a number of moms use a non-rocker chair for feedings. Maybe pose that question in one of the mom forums? Interesting dreams - I still haven''t had a single, baby-related one.

drk - that is one fine full term belly! so close
36.gif

congratulations on your daughter kim
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow - definitely kick back. 4 inch heels are impressive. I''ve been sporting heels to work almost everyday because I just didn''t want to get my maternity work pants hemmed, but as this pregnancy progresses, I may have to start sporting flats more often . . .

hudson - sorry about the fight and the topic of the fight. hopefully, your husband will start understanding that hormones are truly the root of all evil and stop engaging in the arguments and start giving you a bit more space . . .

mp - ditto pupp, can''t wait to hear how your photos went!!

In happy news, I''m feeling much healthier at the start of this week as opposed to the end of last. thank goodness. I''ve hit 24 weeks
36.gif
36.gif
and only THREE days to vacation. come to think about it, perhaps that''s why I''m feeling so good this morning
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kim!!!
36.gif

I haven''t had a whole lot of PS time lately so never got to respond to those who asked about being told not to push....I had a great epidural. I felt no pain but did feel the pressure and urge to push. The nurses didn''t have to tell me when to push. So, as I was waiting for my OB it really wasn''t that bad not pushing...even though I could feel when I was having a contraction it was not painful at all. One of my biggest fears with my first pregnancy was not *knowing* how to push because I knew I''d have an epidural. But, somehow you just do it. It''s hard to explain.

Been lurking while I feed the little man here and there and love the belly pics and can''t believe how many more PS babies are going to join us in such a short amount of time!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 12:07:27 PM
Author: jcrow

yeh, i checked out carter's but their prices were inflated then marked down it seemed. they ended up being only like $1 cheaper than buy buy baby. let me know if you go to the SM outlet. maybe we could meet up? i know my hubs doesn't want to be dragged down there again, haha!
If I can make it up there I will be SURE to let you know! We don't have any open weekend between now and the EDD, which could make it quite difficult. My mom is coming to help move things into the house the first week of April, so maybe I could convince her that we *need* to make a day trip over there!

Lulu- Good idea asking the women that are mom's already. lol. Never crossed my mind. Re: the dreams, I don't think I had my first one until almost 20 weeks.
DH had one on Saturday night... he even dreamt that the baby was like 9 months old right after we took him home! What is our problem! (ohh, and in his dream we took the baby *home* to Las Vegas.
20.gif
)
ETA: That dresser is a perfect size! Are you at all worried about the sheen of the finish? Does it match your crib? Our crib is wood and I just worried that they wouldn't match.

Burk- Glad to hear you are doing well!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
lovelylulu - re: heels, that''s exactly the problem. my most comfy pants are SO long on me so i wear 4" heeled boots with them. guess i need to break down and hem them. grr.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow-try hem tape. It''s super easy to use and works really well!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Kimi! Can''t wait to hear more and see pictures!

Thanks for the update DeeJay!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 12:37:11 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

you know, i keep meaning to try that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Kimi!!! Good luck with your move, and can''t wait to see pics of your precious baby girl!!

Thanks for the update DJ!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
kimi - congrats! can''t wait to see pics of your baby girl and read your birth story.
36.gif
36.gif

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Kim! Can''t wait to see pics!

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 12:37:11 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I need to try this stuff too! Is it something you can get at Walmart or need to go to a fabric/craft store?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Kimi! Good luck with the move. We can''t wait to hear your story!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results