shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m still here too! I''ve had the lower back pain and BH at night, but nothing else is going on. Just waiting!

Mara, sorry you have a sore throat, hope it is feeling better today. Haha, I was actually in the baking mood too. I just made some chocolate covered pretzels, but that''s not really baking...maybe I need to make a cake too!

Ginger, how funny you are a scorpio too! Yea for having everything ready!

Jcrow, yea for feeling all kinds of movement! And that is awesome your sil is letting you use all that stuff!

Kim, good luck on the house, exciting!

Hi Fisher
35.gif

MT, I''m feeling very sore down low too...it''s probably just the baby dropping into place which can happen weeks before. Good luck!

QT, aww thought you might have some news for us!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 11:12:28 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Mara glad you got the bag packed, or most of it. Last thing you want to do is run around when things get busy, is to be looking for stuff.

Your body sure is getting ready... Lower back pain... etc...

Hoping it won''t be too long for you.

I know easier said than done but get as much sleep as you can now.. Labor at home as much as you can....It''s more comfy at home than the hospital... Within reason of course..

Aren''t you supposed to bake something?? I thought that was the PS rule of going into labor. But then again, you bake all the time. Here''s a funny thought, have Greg bake YOU some Cuppies!!! But tell him not to make a mess. No preggo needs to see a mess in the kitchen...
3.gif
35.gif
Lol Baking did work for me. I made some yummy lemon bars on the 28th, and that evening I went into labour... Hahaha.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t had much PS time (T turns 2 today and her b-day party was Saturday) but wanted to pop in and say hello and I''ll be checking in often to see all the new PS additions! So exciting! Labor dust to all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what the heck, MP can REGENERATE? no one tells you that! hehe.

well i haven''t had any more discharge really, had a fair amt of contractions last nite though, keeping me from getting comfortable. but they subsided around 4am. things def feel diff though, like i had a lot of bad cramping and back pain and when i pee sometimes now it is like i get sharper pains in my cervix. anyway, i figure this all means stuff is continuing but nothing REAL yet.

which is ok because ugh i am really sick. i am coughing out phlegm which is good but gross, it''s not really in my sinuses thankfully but the throat is so raw, i hate it. i don''t want to lose my voice so i am not speaking. i managed to sleep well in chunks of 3 hours at a time and got about 10 hours of sleep total, thank god! its pouring today so i will just stay home and rest, boring. if i am not better by my appt on wed i will ask my dr if she thinks its strep or something.

QT aww nothing happening yet.
but cello...!!

mtj...anytime i feel anything down there i assume it''s something related to preg. i have been having a lot of cervix sharp pains and cramping for a week plus now. your body prob just getting ready.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Burk, Happy birthday to T...I''m sure she had a great time at her party!

Mara, hope you feel better soon. Adam is making me stay at home and rest today too...he''s got corporate people flying in for meetings Tues-Thurs, so he''s like "feet up, please don''t go into labor until they leave!" and I''m like "whatever, get this baby out of me! Pass me some pineapple!"

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol steph, yeah greg is like ummm but your due date is 1/30. i am like SO WHAT''S YOUR POINT. but he finished most of what he had to get done until mid-end Feb by last week (mostly annual reviews) and has no other ''timelines'' to deal with right now so it''s not a bad time to be a little early.

and my mom keeps messaging me going ''don''t overdo it, rest up'' now that i am so close to giving her the aquarius baby she wants.
3.gif

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Holy *&#$*& -- I wrote a long post this morning and then had some work-related computer issues that made me lose it. So a little bit ago, I started another one...and lost that too. I''m cursed!!

Mara, I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried taking an expectorant to get rid of the phlegm? I''m glad that you can at least rest now that you''re done with work.

Ginger, I know what you mean about someone being late. SO has time management issues and I know it''s not because he doesn''t respect other peoples'' time -- it''s because he''s such an optimist that he believes he can get somewhere faster than he really can. We had a bunch of arguments about this and at one point, I even threatened to fine him $20 for every 5 minutes he was late. It''s hard because beyond this issue, he''s such a terrific guy. Luckily, he''s improved a lot in this area.

About the nursing tanks -- the under part on the full sling goes all the way around your boobs, while it''s only on the side and bottom for the side sling. If you look up nursing tanks on Amazon, they have pictures. I think you should be fine with the side sling if that''s what you were interested in. I''m about the same size and when I was nursing the last time, I ended up wearing these Fruit of the Loom sports bras that were like cropped tanks. They were NOT supportive, but they''re cotton and very comfy. It was easier for me to just push up the one side to nurse rather than fiddle with the hardware on a nursing bra.

JCrow, I''m glad you are able to borrow all of that stuff! It makes it much easier to see what''s worth putting money into and what''s not.

Kim, fingers crossed on the house! That''s awesome that you have a back up plan, too. BTW, I had a sling with Will that I''d bought but found it was too bulky for my taste, so I used some directions I found online to sew my own. I am NOT very good with my sewing machine, but this was really easy and I loved being able to pick out my own fabric.

QT and Steph, I''m glad you ladies are hanging in there, too!

It''s definitely been a Monday here. We''re in the middle of software testing and someone decided to upgrade the software we use to keep track of the testing. Yeah, it didn''t work! All of us kept having to restart our computers because it would shut everything down and we lost like 3 hours of testing. Talk about annoying.

Plus, Will''s daycare wasn''t open today because the employees have training. I understand that they need training, too, but expecting all of the parents to find alternate care is just a little too much when we still have to pay for this day. I decided to just keep him home with us, which makes working very interesting. And he decided to pee on the living room floor, which was just icing on the cake.

I had a mw appointment at lunch time and everything is fine. The baby was lying on my left side, which is where we want him, but who knows if he''ll stay there -- he''s still able to move around quite a bit.

The only thing that I really want to get done is the bathroom floors. Our apartment is really dusty no matter how many times we change the filters and every time I turn around, the floors of the bathrooms are showing it the most. I''m so thankful for SO -- he knows that this is really bothering me and is going to clean them tonight. I feel guilty about not being able to do the things I normally do, but would be lost without him since he doesn''t mind picking up my slack.

I feel done with this pregnancy. My back hurts most of the time and I''ve been having trouble breathing -- when I lean back at all, I feel like it''s hard to get enough air.

On the positive side, my new pump is supposed to be here today. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, ladies. I was getting all excited from not seeing posts from QT and Steph, and then I got to the last page....

So many are getting so close!! It''s exciting to see all of you getting ready to have your babes!

I cleaned at my Grandma''s today. I went much slower than I usually do to avoid the cramping and it helped. I just had cramping during some of the cleaning but not after. The PB pain is better today. I haven''t done yoga in several days and i think that was making it worse. It''s not pressure at all, it''s just the pain in the front, not below. I think the yoga was opening my pelvis too much. Anyway, everything''s pretty good.

Hope you''re all doing well today!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
MTJ, I, like Mara, assume all strange feelings are associated with pregnancy and no big deal.

RPS, hooray for your pump coming today. I''ll have to look for some sling patterns too. What I''m looking for is something I can take the kiddo for a walk in.

So we didn''t get the house, they countered but we''re walking away. We''ve already made an offer on another house that we love just as much. A different sort of neighborhood (the house we''re walking away from is in an elclave community, the house we are putting an offer on today is in a more urban area) older home (one was 1950s, this house was built in 1934). I''m not at all disappointed, a good sign that wasn''t the right home for us. Fingers crossed!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, my doctor''s office just called. They are keeping my c-section the same date, but the doctor will be different b/c my doctor''s father just passed away. He is from Europe, so my doc will of course be with his family. The good thing is is that I really love the replacement doctor. He was actually the one to perform my D&C surgery and I think he is wonderful...I just wanted to have another doctor during this pregnancy only because I wanted as little reminder of that hard time as possible, but I feel very comfortable with him.

Still having major heaviness and cramping, but nothing else to report. I''ve been washing up baby clothes, towels, bibs, socks, blankets, etc. ALL day. I really didn''t realize how much I had between Andrew''s better stuff I kept(some still with tags), things I bought when we found out it was a boy, and things people have given us. Wow! This little boy is going to have just about a different outfit everyday..which I know is way too much b/c with Andrew, I put him in my favorites over and over!

Mara, you had better follow your mom''s advice so she can have her aquarius!

RPS, sorry about your crazy day going on...get some rest tonight!

SS, I know...I def. had a false alarm the other night with all the contractions, but not too much going on now! Get some rest after all your cleaning!

Kim, sorry about the first house, but you have a great attitude about it. So many people get emotionally attached to houses and then end up overpaying. Good luck with house number 2!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Just a quick update as little man is cluster feeding and I rarely have a second to myself.

Søren Thomas was born Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 10:17 p.m.

8 lbs. 4 oz.!

I had a horrible labor and delivery. Absolutely horrible. 35 hours long, back labor galore, passed out on the table multiple times, blood pressure crashing. You name it, it happened. I''ve come to terms with it rather quickly though and am trying to recover from an emergency c-section. Will write more later. Going to the peds in the morning because bubs seems to want to nurse every 20 or 30 minutes and screams bloody murder from gas pains/lack of bowel movement. :-/

Wow! This sounds so negative. I''m really happy he''s here and I love him (and DH) more than I thought I could love anyone. Off I go. Screamy needs me :)

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
cello, congratulations on baby Soren! Can''t wait to see photos. I''m so sorry you had such a bad experience but I hope that you heal quickly and are able to put it behind you and enjoy your little man.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats cello!! so happy to hear from you. sorry that the labor and experience was not fun...but i can't wait to see photos of your little man. love the name, you say it like 'soren'?

i slept most of today and feel slightly better, if i can get another good amt of sleep tonite i should be on the mend tomorrow. i am motivated now...can't waste any more time! i've gotta get back on the 'lets get you out' track by later this week. hehee.

steph..yeah i am def feeling heavier too, just moving around is getting really difficult last day or so. i thought about going to the market and was like ugh...really do i have to get into the car? and i am having a lot of on and off really painful cramps. and yeah isn't it crazy how much stuff these little boys accumulate? when i did the laundry a few weeks ago i was amazed. and i have another small load to do this week to finish up! jeez.

oh curlygirl...i forgot to say re: the sign discussion the other day, i would be totally happy with a warm, loving cap as well!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Cello! Sorry about the c-section, but I know your little guy was worth every moment. Hope he feels better.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cello - great name! Hope you start feeling better soon. Sounds like a miserable experience, though I''m not surprised you were having issues given all you went through during your pregnancy with the passing out. Hopefully that will improve (as well as the cluster feedings). Good luck settling in at home!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats cello
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Sorry it was a rough delivery! Hope now that he''s out that you have no more passing out:) and that you heal quickly from the CC.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Cello, I''m so glad that you checked in. Congrats on baby Soren - what a great name!

I''m so sorry that you had a traumatic delivery. I also had an awful delivery, and because I never dealt with the trauma, it led to partpartum depression (after 6 months of antidepressants and some talk therapy I was able to beat it). I''m just mentioning this because you really need to take care of yourself, and talk to people close to you about your experience so that you can work through any feelings that you are having about it - a horrible labor can lead to something like post-traumatic stress, so please take good care of yourself.

Your little guy just sounds lovely, and I can tell that you love him so much. Congrats to you and your husband on your precious little guy!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Cello - congratulations on little Soren! I''m glad you are all home. I hope the doc has a suggestion with his eating every 20 mins, hang in there though. Can''t wait to see a pic of your sweet baby!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats cello and welcome baby soren! sorry you had such a rough time. hope you''re recovering ok.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your sweet little one!! so sorry to hear that you had a rough delivery. i hope you are on the mend and loving all the sweet moments with your newborn!
36.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

And super thanks to Vesper. I''ve been very honest with my husband and parents and I''ve told them to watch out for me. I''m prone to depression (I was very depressed at point during my pregnancy), so they are being vigilant :)

I''m trying to be ok with my delivery, but since I am still recovering (and not recovering very well. My incision is being a beast), I''m having a hard time thinking of it as ok.

I''m so in love with my little one. Looking at my face makes me melt and i love that I can see myself and my husband in him. At times, I can see my Mum and it''s so sweet with the faces he makes :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Cello~ CONGRATS on your sweet little boy!! I had an emergency c too. It was totally against everything I had planned, but after 39 hrs of labor, I just wanted him out! I was very upset initially, especially because my mom told me I didn''t "really" give birth. I had to realize that it doesn''t matter HOW he entered the world, but THAT he entered the world. It takes such a toll on your body physically that the emotional part is kinda hard to even start. But try not to put it off. Recognize your feelings now, otherwise they just build up. Take good care of yourself and your little one. btw- one of the tips I had for recovering from the c is to wear pants (flannel or the like). Just having to bend and pull up your pants after the bathroom gives you a lot of movement that you may not plan into your day. Looking forward to pics and more of your story!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 9:13:19 PM
Author: cellososweet
Thanks everyone!

And super thanks to Vesper. I''ve been very honest with my husband and parents and I''ve told them to watch out for me. I''m prone to depression (I was very depressed at point during my pregnancy), so they are being vigilant :)

I''m trying to be ok with my delivery, but since I am still recovering (and not recovering very well. My incision is being a beast), I''m having a hard time thinking of it as ok.

I''m so in love with my little one. Looking at my face makes me melt and i love that I can see myself and my husband in him. At times, I can see my Mum and it''s so sweet with the faces he makes :)
Congrats cello. I too had emergency C sections. It takes time to heal. But your LO looking up at you makes it all worth it. I am glad your husband and your parents are there to support you in the days ahead.

Take it easy, one day at a time.

Congrats Momma!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

We are here if you need us!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Cello, congrats on your little man! No matter how he came into this world, he arrived, and he is healthy and great. (And has a wonderful set of lungs, to boot!)

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all Ladies for your input! I just get scared cuz it''s an uncomfortable feeling and I am afraid that it might mean that it''s time. I am still working and don''t know if I should stop but I am stubborn and don''t want to til my water breaks!
40.gif

Congrats, Cello! I love your bebe''s name!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh mtj, it gets a lot more uncomfortable as you get closer. i swear sometimes i get such cramps or pain i am like SURELY now a hand is going to pop out or something but nope. nothing yet. hehee. i just try to take it mostly in stride and know it's all progress!
3.gif

cello hope you heal quickly!!

ss that is horrible that your mom said you didn't really 'give birth' to the baby because you had a CS! i hope you smacked her around a little. hehee.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Cello! Hope the recovery gets better for you. You are a strong woman for everything you went through the whole pregnancy and l&d. Can''t wait to see pics of Soren.

I must''ve jinxed myself about not getting cramps before actual labor b/c I''ve been getting cramps today. Nothing painful, just uncomfortable.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Mara!

I am in the progess of fixing the stuff for the bebe and my room is such a mess! I can''t do alot without panting and stopping every 15 mins to take a break!
15.gif
So, I hope that she hangs in there til everything is fixed and cleaned!
36.gif
I hope that you are doing better and have a nice, easy and smooth labor! It''s almost time!
9.gif

SS-Sorry about that comment! I think having a CS is a big deal and more scarier than a vag birth! Props to you mama!
35.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im sorry that your delivery was traumatic, Cello.

But congratulations on the birth of your LO
21.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results