shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, do you really think it''s wise to watch those shows so close to your DD? That would FREAK ME OUT!!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
RPS~ Wow, great news about your SO!

OMG, all of you are so freakin'' tiny!! I''m 14 weeks and still in my regular jeans. But, I think I look more pregnant than all of you!

I''m going to try to get JT a twin bed today or tomorrow. Then we can start converting his room a little at a time. He changes his mind every day for what he wants so I think I''m going to do a convertible comforter in red/blue and just do accessories in whichever theme he decides, which of course will change within the first month. I''ll start putting some of his toys in his bedroom and clear out the playroom a bit at a time too.

MS came back yesterday and today. My mom came to my house this morn and I nearly threw up on her. Bless her, she didn''t even flinch. This pubic bone pain is miserable and I can''t figure out any ways to make it go away. I must have done something weird in my sleep last night because this morning it was really awful. Sorry for the complaining. I am not good pregnant!

Hope you''re all doing well!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 2:02:43 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
MP, do you really think it''s wise to watch those shows so close to your DD? That would FREAK ME OUT!!!!

Hehehe I rather like it - then maybe if I have an uneventful delivery I will be even more thankful, hah!

SS, you have the Evil Crotch Pain everyone talks about! A bunch of the ladies here had it - they said putting ice packs on it helps a lot.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Evil Crotch Pain, that''s it! I''ve been trying to describe it to DH but couldn''t find the right words!! I''m worried that since it started so early, it''ll continue throughout the whole pregnancy. From what I''ve read, having big babies can misalign the pelvis and cause it early on in subsequent pregnancies.
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um...I don''t want evil crotch pain EVER! However, if it''s what I think it is, (lots of downward pressure on your pubic bone) then I get that with AF a lot. Hopefully I won''t get that with this too! And how are you supposed to manage the pain during the day at work? It''s not like you can hide ice packs down your pants!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. Ya''ll are too sweet. And I think Mara hit the nail on the head, I have a tilted uterus, so I think it does go way back...I get back pains all the time now, so maybe he''s just stuffed in there! I am so ready for 12 days from now though! I can''t wait!

Monkey, love your pic this week. Cute, cute shirt! If I wasn''t so close I would be tempted to go out and get a few more shirts b/c I''m wearing the same things over and over!

Drk, you are tiny too! Yea for closing on your house!

Burk, you look super cute and stylish as a pregnant lady. Love your sweater! Oh and what a bummer about the week behind, but it will give you another week to prepare at least.

Mara, YEA for your last day! Enjoy the last few days of quiet and get lots of naps in!

HH, look at your with your 6 pack going on! I don''t see any bloat anywhere!!

SS, I feel for you. We had to convert Andrew''s playroom into the nursery and man I just about went crazy trying to figure out where to put all the toys! Good luck! Sorry about the ms...hope it goes away soon!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS, I have the evil crotch pains too! It''s sharp and passes quickly but there''s a residual discomfort that comes with it. When I went to the OB, I asked if it was normal to have "crotch pains" and my OB looked at me funny and said "What exactly do you mean by crotch pains?"
2.gif
Then there was lots of pointing for demonstration purposes!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
yikes, SS, I hope that evil crotch pain goes way immediately. ahh. that sounds not good.

RPS - so many congratulations to your SO! such good news.

burk, steph, monkey, RPS and HH (it''s never too early to join the fray) - you all look smashing! seriously.

Work has finally slowed down. so much so that I managed to get a manicure during lunch today
10.gif
. it had been months and months and months and my cuticles are now thanking me!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 2:54:29 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Evil Crotch Pain, that''s it! I''ve been trying to describe it to DH but couldn''t find the right words!! I''m worried that since it started so early, it''ll continue throughout the whole pregnancy. From what I''ve read, having big babies can misalign the pelvis and cause it early on in subsequent pregnancies.
7.gif

It''s actually your hips spreading apart to make room for the baby. I haven''t had any, but I totally have birthing hips if you know what I mean lol. I think I recall someone mentioning that stretches - like baby yoga - help relax the muscles that are being pulled.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 4:38:01 PM
Author: swimmer
Date: 1/14/2010 10:26:49 AM

Author: jcrow

i''m a libra. hub is a sagittarius. we''re having a taurus baby.

Us too!

how neat!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
before i wander away from the computer and forget, here is my 38 week bad iphone photo. i think you can see i have dropped a little. when i lean fwd the belly seems to kind of lean away from my body. SO WEIRD.

all the photos look so great! love your flat little belly HH..if that is bloat then i am ALWAYS bloated!

i am heading home soon to finish my work day from home... i have gotten so many nice emails and stuff from coworkers and some last minute gifts, it's so sweet. it will be weird to be gone for 4 months but i am excited. and scared. HAHA!

uhh yeah and the crotch pain not fun. esp when i would get sharp cervix pains sometimes. my hips have totally spread. now that i am nearing the end i am having a lot of 'menstrual' cramping and lower back pain. also i read online that pre-labor signs are looser bowels and i am definitely feeling a bit more like that. and sometimes when the baby moves i actually feel like i should be rushing to the bathroom...but if i wait it goes away. all of this is so bizarre. i am just glad i will be at home after this and not at work in case anything happens!

MP those shows just crack me up. i also decided to stop watching them so close to delivery hahaa. as if i need my imagination to be any crazier.

mara 38 weeks.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
ALL of you look GREAT!

Burk, you never look like I think you do. Even though I've "seen" your face now, I am always surprised. In my mind, you're more of a golden blonde.
3.gif

Mara- Re: what do you do with a baby? When O was overdue and I was sitting around doing nothing but waiting, I tried to figure this out. You just can't imagine it until he's there. You'll just be thrown into it and you'll learn to swim. But basically, the answer to your question is NO, they don't do anything else. Basically you feed them, burp them, change them, let them sleep, wake up to feed, burp, change, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

ETA: Lulu, I am digging the booty.
31.gif

Steph- You are TINY.

Mara- Glowing, look like you were born to be preggo.

MonkeyP- You are so cute and rock the belly well. Btw, I loved that monkey hat you found! We call O "monkey" for some reason, probably b/c he has monkey toes that he uses like fingers.
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you are so petite EVERYWHERE but the belly, it''s so cute! I remember when one of my girlfriends was pregnant, she took me with her to her "big ultrasound", and there was a lady in the waiting room built just like you. And my friend was like, "Omg, I want to look like HER, look how cute her belly is!" So if you feel fat, rest assured you aren''t, you look great for being so close!

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for letting me brag on SO! I am so damn happy for him because he''s dealt with so much rough stuff in the past 5 years.

Steph, I''m going to bet that you have a 7 1/2 lb. baby in there. It''s astounding how a person can *look* tiny, but the baby isn''t and is just good at hiding.

MP, that shirt is cute! Do you wear leggings with it since it''s so long? You look great!

Drk, congrats on the house! Everyone seems to be moving. I hope that it all goes smoothly. You''re another one that''s hiding her baby -- oh, how I''d love to have just a perfect little baby bump.

Mara, heh, if I''m quiet, it just means that I''m busy. =) You know as soon as I go into labor, I''ll be on here posting about it ''cause I''m a dork like that. Last night my younger daughter had gymnastics and then we had to run around and get everyone fed and drop plans off for SO''s one customer...and I just wanted to come home and park myself on the couch.

The class sounds like it was good. I think that''s cool that you got a little sister when you were 16 -- I really love how big age differences like that work out. My older daughter is 16 now and she is WONDERFUL with my 3 year old. We call Hannah "little mama" because she''s constantly doing stuff with Will and I expect she''ll be the same with this baby. I don''t believe in forcing older siblings to care for younger ones (unless it''s like "watch the baby so I can go to the bathroom!"), but I''m very happy that she likes to do it. Will absolutely adores her, which just makes my heart melt.

You look great, too! Then again, you always do!

Burk, you look terrific. I''m sorry that you lost a week! It''s so frustrating when your due date changes, too. I know it''s not set in stone, but when you get to the end, it''s almost cruel to not get credit for time served.
9.gif

HH, BLOAT??? I would KILL for my stomach to look like that when I''m not pregnant and bloated. It''s good that you''re getting an early start on the pics -- maybe at the end you can do a collage like QT did? It''s adorable!

EVIL CROTCH PAIN SHOULD DIE. It''s one of the worst things, IMHO, about pregnancy. SO laughs his butt off when I get up after sitting and am groaning and holding myself. I feel like I need to wear a cup or something.

And those baby shows on tv: I avoid them like the plague because I get soooo angry at them. Yeah, I know that they go for the drama to get the ratings and everything, but I wish that they showed more natural labors/births.

Since I had to get dressed like a human and actually do my hair and put on makeup, I decided to take some pics. First, from the front. Not too bad, at least IMO. I don''t think I look like a house in this pic.

rps39wks.jpg

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
And then there''s the side view! LOL! ACK!

(Sorry the pics are so big -- I fail at resizing!)

rps39wks2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
RPS you look so cute!!! i love your top.

MP you are SWEET... i am soo not petite. but i HAVE been surprised at how i am carrying this pregnancy. i always thought i'd be like a bloated moose given that i am given to being somewhat curvaceous rather than rail thin, but i have been happy that while i definitely have spread out in some areas that my bloating is not too bad and i am still able to wear my rings and my shoes and stuff. i just hope my hips go back haha.

my mom said she had to just wear flip flops at the end because she was so swollen and no shoes fit. and my coworker couldn't even wear PANTS at the end because of her legs being so swollen. last nite in the newborn class there were women who were due in march that were as big as me so i know that i am lucky to be carrying smaller, but it doesn't FEEL smaller at this point. i figure he must be hiding a whole extra lb in there or something that's just not visible!

china...haha good to know that i am not expecting anything crazy from him at first. i am fine with eating sleeping pooping etc...but i was like worrying i'd have to DO something else with him at first.

RPS..i am super close to my 19 year old sister (who is a virgo!), and i loved helping out with her. it actually made me sure i did not want kids for a very long time...but i lived vicariously through helping raise her. it's so funny that now she will be a 19 year old auntie.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
RPS, you look great! You don't really even look pregnant from the front! That's funny your prediction b/c that's exactly what my first son weighed!

Mara, you look super cute. You are tiny everywhere except your belly! Even though my belly is small I had to stop wearing my rings at 7 months and NO shoes will fit my Shrek feet. I have tried to go up 2 sizes and even that doesn't work. I have literally worn the same pair of flip flops nearly everyday this pregnancy except for special occasions where I have stuffed my feet into dressier shoes, but at this point, there is no stuffing...good thing I live in FL and can get away with the year long flip flop look!

China, thank you! LOL at lather, rinse, repeat. Yep, that is what I remember too!

Swimmer, thanks for the heads up on the recall.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Great photos, ladies! Everyone looks fantastic.

RPS, it''s GD not Type II. I''d be interested to read what you have. I''m not at all stressed about moving. I don''t get uptight about stuff like that, it''s just another adventure.

I made my appt. fo 36 week ultrasound today. On Feb. 12 we''ll figure out how /when this kid is most likely going to be delivered. Exciting stuff!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ok, something is going on with me. I''m sure once again he is just messing with his mama''s mind, but I have been having major back aches and now I''m getting contractions (very strong ones) every 20 minutes or so. So now I''m freaking out! It''s probably just BH, but they hurt like crazy! I''m about to go read my packet from my doctor that says when I should call
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
go steph... i am excited for you!! i am hoping one of us goes soon so maybe it's you!!

the hospital told us contractions consistent for 1 minute long, 5 minutes apart, and for the length of 1 hour is when you should go in. keep us posted.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 8:56:04 PM
Author: Mara
go steph... i am excited for you!! i am hoping one of us goes soon so maybe it''s you!!

the hospital told us contractions consistent for 1 minute long, 5 minutes apart, and for the length of 1 hour is when you should go in. keep us posted.
Thanks Mara...that''s what our said too, but my doc told me to come in right away if I thought I was in labor since I''m not supposed to go into labor at all. It''s so confusing. They''re not getting any closer, so I''m thinking it''s just false, but they were intense enough I couldn''t talk to my husband when he was asking me what''s wrong.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Better late than never - here is my belly picture at 27 weeks - yay, finally in the last trimester!

By the way, all of you ladies look great!

jjc27.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 3:04:11 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Um...I don't want evil crotch pain EVER! However, if it's what I think it is, (lots of downward pressure on your pubic bone) then I get that with AF a lot. Hopefully I won't get that with this too! And how are you supposed to manage the pain during the day at work? It's not like you can hide ice packs down your pants!

My ECP actually feels like someone is taking a chisel and slamming a hammer on it on the front of my pubic bone. I can't lift a leg high enough to get it over the tub without my breath catching because it hurts so bad. From what I've read, most women don't get it too badly and it occurs towards the end of the pregnancy when the pressure is substantial.

I wish ECP on NO ONE!!!

I fell on the ice twice today. I wasn't walking really great to start with but now I think I just need a bath and bed. I think everything's alright, I am still feeling baby rolling.

eta- the ECP isn't my hips. I felt my hips spreading with JT. This actually feels like the front of my pubic bone isn't lined up right and is either sliding up and down or splitting. The Hip pain is more of a waddle-causing pain. This one is one that you have to keep your legs together as you move.

Yay for more cute bellies!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yayy! So happy I decided to lurk on a Friday!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You guys make me miss my belly!!!!!

Mara, you are SO FREAKING cute!!!!!!. Perfect belly! Love it!!!

Drk!! Where are you hiding that bebe?????? So tiny!!!!! Lucky girl!

MP, you look great!!!! I think this is the first picture I see of you!!!!. Cute, cute round belly!!!!!

Lulu, love your picture and you''re also tiny!!!!!!!!!

Hudson, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! H&H 9 months!!!!
36.gif

Steph, you''re still tiny!!!!! incredible!!! You look AWESOME!

Burk, so cute!!!! Love it!

Sorry if I missed anyone...you all have super cute bellies!!!!! Can''t wait for you guys to join us in the other thread!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
So the strong contractions went away, but I still have a dull backache and period kind of cramps. I''m not sure if this is the start of labor or not since I was induced last time and went from nothing to pain, but I will keep everyone informed. Getting ready to take my little man to his basketball game...hope my water doesn''t break there! Everyone have a great day!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Vesper, you look great!

Mandi, thank you...good to see you!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Steph, hope your water doesn''t break at the game! That would be unforgettable for your little man!!

Has anyone heard from Cello?

So the crazy dreams have started.

My dreams are always like movies. They go on and on and have lots of characters and scenes. While pregnant, they get more movie-like. For example the other night I had a dream about vampires. There was a big bad vampire man killing people at a restaurant. For some reason I''m in the men''s bathroom and I see a little 5 yr old blond boy who is also a vampire. I start talking to him and I keep thinking I have to help him because it''s not his fault he''s a vampire, he''s just a little boy. So I sneak him out he door and into the parking lot where I see a Toyota. And I think to myself, "I know how to hotwire a Toyota" so I do. (I have never hotwired a Toyota IRL) Two girls walk by and I''m urging them to NOT go into the restaurant and they don''t believe me, etc. Big bad vampire comes out to get his boy that he converted and he jumps on the car. So, of course, with my mad driving skills, I do crazy maneuvers until the vampire flings off the car! It''s so weird. DH loves hearing my dreams every morning.

I have crazy sex dreams too but I won''t share the details.
2.gif

Any other crazy dreamers?

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I''m so glad to hear that you''re still close to your sister! I think having little siblings is pretty effective birth control for my 16 year old because she''s stated several times that either she''s not having kids at all or she''s waiting for a long time. Once we were going to the store and she was carrying Will, who was maybe 7 months old at the time. She asked if I''d take him and I said, "No, you just keep carrying your birth control!" Poor kid. =) Having kids spaced out so much isn''t for everyone, but my older kids are so great with the little one that it makes it all worthwhile to drag it out. My biggest surprise has been how my 14 year old son is with my 3 year old. I figured Austin would be totally disinterested in a baby, but he''s been terrific with Will from the start. It''s really weird to see that side of Austin since he''s such a BOY (I know, how horrible am I for thinking teenaged boys don''t like babies).

Kim, I''m glad that you''re dealing with just GD and not type II. My mom is just on the edge of being dx''d with type II and keeps it controlled with diet, but I know it''s difficult. The website with the various conversations/information is here. Keep in mind that a lot of the comments are from midwives, so they tend to tear apart various studies, etc. I have never had GD, but I found this info while reading for a friend and thought it was interesting to see the "other side" so to speak when it seems to me that traditional OBs like to micromanage GD.

Steph, hah, that''s funny that was the size of your son! See, you''re a hider! I think you''re going to surprise everyone with the size of this baby. I''m glad that the contractions went away -- I hate to say it but they''re SUCH a pain if they don''t go anywhere.

Vesper, you look so cute!

SS, I''m so sorry you fell! I hope that you aren''t sore for long (''cause I''m sure you will be today). I bet the baby is just fine because he''s nice and protected and doesn''t get the fun of the bruising from falls.

Last night, we went to my company''s holiday party and it was really nice, as it usually is. Our company is VERY fortunate that in this economy, not only have we survived, but we''ve grown. I also feel fortunate because we have enough family functions that the spouses/SOs know each other really well so when we''re all together, pretty much everyone knows everyone else. So many people came up and hugged me, it was hilarious -- you can''t get away with that at a lot of places! But my co-workers are really like family, so it''s nice. Even our CEO hugged me when he saw me and said how glad he was that we could make it.

The bad news is that when I got home and finally got to the bathroom, I discovered that I''ve apparently got a UTI. I''m asymptomatic and don''t feel it at all, but there''s blood in my urine. Joy. It ticks me off because I''ve been drinking a lot of water and a lot of chocolate milk, so it''s probably the milk that did it. Since it was Friday night and I have no pain, I''m just pushing the cranberry capsules and water and will see if it improves before Monday. If I weren''t at this stage of pregnancy or if I had any pain, I would have planned to call my mw today to get an rx for Macrobid. However, I was GBS+ the last time, so we''re assuming I am this time as well, which means that when I go into labor, I have to start taking Clindamycin. If I have to take one antibiotic on top of another, I know damn well I''m going to end up with a yeast infection. UGH. So annoying!

I suddenly decided that we need a co-sleeper because our toddler won''t get out of our bed and he''s too restless to have him and the baby in there with us. And guess what! Apparently no actual stores in my area carry them, so I''m going to have to order one online. I may go out looking today just to give myself something to do since I feel so bored.

I hope you all have a great Saturday!
1.gif

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE all of the belly pics! You all look gorgeous!

Lulu, I love your picture! What kind of camera do you use? We''re in the market for a new one and I love the quality of your picture and the color scale.

RPS, that stinks about the UTI but yay that you don''t have any symptoms! Those things are painful!

I''ll be 12 weeks next weekend so maybe I''ll start to take some pics soon. It''s kind of embarrassing that I have a belly already knowing the baby is still way down in my pelvis!

We''re finally telling my parents today. I''m actually not looking forward to it because my mom gets NUTS! I mean N-U-T-S! This will be number 7 and she''ll react like she thought she was never going to have any grandchildren. She''ll also post it on facebook within moments of finding out. I HATE facebook - mostly because my family communicates almost exclusively through it and it causes a lot of confusion and hurt feelings. I refuse to have an account so they actually have to call me to tell me things. My mom is a nosey-nelley and ALL she talks about when I see her is everyone''s beeswax that''s been posted on facebook. OK - deep breath. I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent.
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results