shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats RadiantGirl!!!

Applequeen: yay for the BFP!!! I also had a few drinks the night before I tested, no roller coasters but that's only because I wasn't able to get to any! You don't share a bloodline with the fetus for a few weeks, so no worries, you hear?
28.gif
I also called the day after my BFP (which was four weeks to the day after my last period), and got an appointment for when I should have been 6w2d. Of course, as is the case for early ultrasounds (they gave me a transvaginal ultrasound for dating purposes), I measured 5w6d which was SOOOO tiny they asked me to come back two weeks later. So if that happens, don't worry! At my first appointment they took NINE vials of blood, did the initial weight measurement and took the family history to see if we would have any complications to monitor. I also had an internal pelvic exam, too. Are you taking your prenatals? Congrats again!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations radiantgirl and Mr. radiantgirl!!! and Welcome Adam!!!
Can''t wait for the birth story and pic of the cutie.

Congratulations on your BFP, Applequeen!!!
Don''t worry about the alcohol. The baby is getting nutrients from the yolk sac before 6 weeks, so the alcohol isn''t getting passed through.
Yay for scheduling your first appointment. I didn''t go in until I was 8 weeks when I was pregnant last time. This time I went in at 5 weeks. When I told my OB the LMP, he was like are you sure b/c he says they don''t usually get people this early.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
radiantgirl CONGRATS to you and your family!! welcome Adam! gets some rest mama!

applequeen Congrats on your BFP! you guys must be so happy and excited. wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Amber..that all sounds very similar to how things went down for me. My last period was June 23. They did tell me that they''ll probably do an ultrasound but it might be necessary to come back a couple of weeks later for another one if they can''t see much. I''ve been taking prenatals since last August and I also take a B complex supplement for extra folic acid. I''m going to stop and pick up some DHA supplements on my way home.

qtiekiki... thanks! I was really surprised when they scheduled the appointment so soon. When they said about 6 weeks I thought they meant 6 weeks from now
1.gif
.I told them that I wasn''t really sure what I needed to do appointment wise at this point so I was trusting them to tell me when to come in.

puffy...thanks
1.gif

So now i''m just wondering what I can eat for lunch... I take it the sandwich meat in my minifridge is a no. I really need to read up on the list of dos and don''ts .

The excitement keeps building... I just spoke to my husband and it''s the same for him...we''re just dying wanting to tell someone and it seems that baby conversations are all around us today! Last night when we went to Wal- Mart to get the digital (the only way to convince my husband it was true) we walked in and immediatly saw 2 babies...one screaming and the other looking cute and adorable.... we just looked at each other like OMG that''s going to be US soon.
1.gif

sweet pea

Rough_Rock
Radiant Congratulations on your little guy! Can''t wait to read your story :)
Applequeen Yay!!! Congratulations!! The same thing happened to me when we got our BFP, we had been trying and timing everything just right, but the month it happened we didn''t think we had a chance due to a later than expected ovulation date... guess one little guy held on to the end. Maybe that means he''ll be a determined little boy, lol!
Sabine Love the nursery :)
Mandarine You look awesome! I''m such a dork, I saw your pic and had to see what day it was... for a second I thought it was BPF already, lol!!

I am so happy today... I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I had just assumed didn''t have a chance of fitting me, and.... WooHoo! With the help of a rubber band through the button hole the fit GREAT
36.gif
So, I threw on my favorite summer wedge sandals and a super long flowy tank and I feel like myself again!!! I''ve been having a little trouble in this in between stage for the last week or so. Maternity clothes don''t fit right, and my pre-preggo wardrobe is getting tougher to wear, and I just can''t bring myself to buy clothes in a larger size. I''m such a dork, but it''s totally a mental thing, I refuse to own XX size
20.gif
. I''m lucky that I''ve been able to wear lots of dresses these days, but the recent boob growth is making it harder to find a bra that still hides under my dresses that will still make me look good. I can no longer get away with the cami/shelf bra under the dress... boobage all over the place
20.gif
And, because I stand all day I haven''t been able to wear my wedges/heels cuz my back starts aching, so I''ve been trying to find cute, sensible shoes that don''t make me feel frumpy. No luck yet
2.gif

Anyhow, thanks for sharing in my clothing neuroses!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
OMG, CONGRATS Radiant!!!! Welcome Adam!!! (love the name!). Can''t wait to hear the birth story!

HOLY HECK, does that mean I''m officially NEXT?????

Welcome Apple! Congrats to you!

Thanks for all the comments on the nursery! I''m going a bit crazy today waiting for my apt. because this is when all the big decisions will be made! And of course, dh is on call today, so I''m going alone, and it''s not until 3:20. I couldn''t sleep at all last night either.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Radiant! Can''t wait to see the little guy and hear your story! Hope your recovery and bf''ing goes well!

Applequeen- congrats and welcome! I know what you mean about being excited and "oh my gosh- is this for real?" all at the same time- I''m 29 weeks today and I still feel that way!!! This is a great place for advice and support. Wishing you a happy and healthy 36 more weeks! And what a great birthday present for your DH!

Sabine- aaaahh! You ARE next!!! That''s gotta be a crazy feeling! Good luck with your appointment today! Can''t wait to hear what the Dr. has to say.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Great nursery Sabine! Love the blue and brown colour scheme. And the doggie on the mat is priceless!

Mandarine, you''re shaping up so nicely! Lovely tummy.

Applequeen - Yeah, I don''t think a couple beers and rollercoaster rides would have much of an effect at this stage. If you go in for an early appt., they might not be able to see much. My first appt. was at 8 weeks - at which point I had a regular ultrasound that showed the embryo and sac and also heard the heartbeat. But it was a long wait till that first appt! You might want to go in a bit sooner if you''ll like that reassurance.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations, RadiantGirl! Cannot *wait* to see the little guy.

Congratulations, AppleQueen! Like everyone has said, you''re about a month along by the most common measurement, and the drinking/being all topsy-turvy won''t cause any harm. According to one of my pregnancy books, that''s one of the most common questions women ask at their first ob/gyn visit (well, the drinking, not the roller-coasters), so you''re in good company. And, yeah, dodge the lunch-meat, or toss it in the microwave for a bit if you want to be sure.
17.gif

Sweet Pea, I know what you mean about the clothes! Your outfit today sounds super cute, but finding stuff to fit as the sizes change almost week by week is such a pain. I''m ignoring any and all labels on principle: if it looks good, home it comes! The problem is, so little stuff designed for the normal figure seems to suit the pregnant body, and a lot of the maternity stuff is kind of frumpy. Bleh ... in the meantime, I like your rubberband solution!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sitting here reading everyone''s post and Isla is just kicking the crap out of me. It''s fantastic!

By the way, 24 weeks today!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine--
Gorgeous belly! You look wonderful.

Radiantgirl--
Awwww....welcome baby Adam.
Congrats to you and radiantguy.
Can''t wait to meet your little man and hear your story.

applequeen--
Congrats and lots of sticky dust to you.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
applequeen
Yeah every dr. does thing differently. If they want to in at 6 weeks, then so be it. My dr. just goes over medical history and do an u/s at the first appt. Other dr. does medical history and blood work, and some just has the nurse or the practitioner goes over medical history and doesn''t see the patients until the next appt.
Lunchmeat is a no b/c of nitrate and risk of listeria, but I am still guilty of eating them once in a while. I just heat them up (doesn''t help with nitrate though).

Mandarine
You look fabulous. Your boys are big.

sweet pea
I don''t like the in between stage either. I am tempted to bust out some of my maternity tops though b/c my regular wardrobe are just too fitted to hide my bloat. Yay for feeling good today.

Sabine
Forgot to comment on your nursery. It''s super cute. I love that you have something from your nursery and your DH''s. Such a sweet idea.
Yes you are officially next. hehe. Good luck with your appt today. Fingers crossed for you.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, be back later with more, but just wanted to tell SABINE- I am thinking of you and hope your appt goes well and you feel comfortable with whatever decisions you and the dr make. Let us know how it goes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Radiantgirl! Very exciting and I hope you have a good recovery!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Radiantgirl! Thanks for stopping by and can''t wait to hear your birth story, if you feel like sharing. Welcome Adam!

Applequeen, Congrats and welcome!
36.gif
I had quite the drinking extravaganza the weekend before I found out. You don''t share blood till 6 or 8 weeks, I think- nature''s way of protecting your little one before you find out you''re preggo. I was shocked too, took me a few weeks to really wrap my head around it. Well, not completely, I am still a bit shocked at times! Hope all goes well, these first few weeks are hard with the worry, just try to enjoy it. As for deli meat, you can have it if you are 100% sure it''s been refrigerated and such, but seems best to avoid it. Or like others said, you can heat it to steaming. Which grosses me out personally! Also, check out babycenter, there is an entire list of do''s and don''ts that was helpful to me in the first few weeks.

Lysser- Glad you are working and liking it. I think the actual work of being a lawyer is great, it''s the environment and pressure that comes along with law firms that gets to people. Seems like you''ve found a happy medium! But yes, you are a BIT crazy for starting work at 32 weeks!
3.gif
I had 3 showers, and honestly, mostly got cute stuff and clothes, very little useful stuff from my registry. I was surprised by that, actually. Oh well, people can give what they want, but I definitely make sure I give useful stuff now. I still have to do a basic run at BRU b/c I have no bottles, etc.

Sabine- Your nursery looks great! And is making me realize how unfinished mine is. Not the decor per se, but getting everything set up to use. That pic of your dog is so cute. We just got a rug in our nursery, and our dog totally sprawled out all over it immediately, like it was his. Too cute.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Radiantgirl and applequeen!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m back from the dr.! (another 3 hour appointment...seriously, I was the last person to leave!) The good news is, we have an end-date! The bad news is, still no progress, and still no definite plans.

According to the u/s, Jackson is measuring 8 lbs 10 oz. We couldn''t even get a shot of his face because it was so squished. I am not dilated or effaced at all, and his head is still high up. BUT my dr. decided that he will go ahead and give me one more week to see what happens. He said if labor started on it''s own I should be fine to deliver vaginally. So I''ve got ONE MORE u/s and appt. next Wed. If at that point I''ve still not made ANY progress, or the baby is past some size threshold (I forget the number, he had given it to me in grams), then we will schedule a c/s for Thursday or Friday at the latest. But if I do make progress or the baby moves down and isn''t too big, we can schedule an induction for Thursday or Friday. So I''m going to have one more week of excrutiating waiting, hoping my body makes some progress on its own, but I"m soooooo excited to know that no matter what, I''ll be holding my baby boy by Friday of next week!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 7:27:37 PM
Author: Sabine
So I''m going to have one more week of excrutiating waiting, hoping my body makes some progress on its own, but I''m soooooo excited to know that no matter what, I''ll be holding my baby boy by Friday of next week!
Yay Sabine! So excited for you for next Friday!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Labor dust for you Sabine, and yay on the end date!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so exciting Sabine. Next friday!!! That''s insane!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Sabine at least you have a date.. if not before then . Sending lots of labor dust your way... Best of luck!!!!
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Radiantgirl! Welcome Adam!!

Congrats Applequeen!!

yay Sabine for an end in sight!
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Radiantgirl!!! I cant wait to hear all about it and see pics of little Adam!! I hope you're feeling well!!!

Congratulations, Applequeen!!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAY, Sabine!!! You must be soooo excited!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Well girls... I think I may have spoken too soon.

This morning I got up to go to the bathroom and when I flushed I noticed a strange "blob" in the water. It was fairly large...maybe an inch and roundish (looked like a solid mass) it was light brown/ grayish and had a streak of blood in it. I didn''t feel anything so I was really surpised to see it. My temperature was still really high today but from what I''ve read the bleeding may not start until this afternoon.

Anyone have any other explanations for what this could be? I''m actually feeling OK...I know that if it''s a miscarriage it''s really common but I dread having to tell my husband. He''s so excited about the pregnancy. His family is coming over for dinner tonight so the timing isn''t great to break the news to him.
7.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Apple ~ I''ve not experienced this, but from what I understand, brownish blood is old blood and may not be a sign that anything is wrong. Bright red blood is usually more problematic.

Definitely call your doctor, though and see they want you to do. Hang in there, bleeding is fairly common early in first trimester! Sending good vibes your way!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks... there was very very little blood... just a stream that seemed to be part of the "blob" ... so far I havent'' bled or spotted at all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Apple, I would probably call the doctor just to be on the safe side. They will probably have you do blood work and then repeat 2 days later to see if levels are rising to know for sure what''s going on. Sending good vibes your way!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apple Call the doc but don''t worry yet... not to be crass about it, but at this stage in your pregnancy there would not actually be anything large or unusual to "pass" if you did miscarry, all that you would notice is a perhaps heavier period. I wonder if it was just some CF? There tends to be lots of it in early pregnancy. Or it could have been part of the mucus plug, which is beginning to form. You can try taking a pg test and see how quickly the line appears. It isn''t definitive like a blood test, but many of the women here who have miscarried very early noted that their BFPs disappeared or became very faint when they started spotting etc.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 7:53:29 PM
Author: natalina

Date: 7/23/2009 7:27:37 PM
Author: Sabine
So I''m going to have one more week of excrutiating waiting, hoping my body makes some progress on its own, but I''m soooooo excited to know that no matter what, I''ll be holding my baby boy by Friday of next week!
Yay Sabine! So excited for you for next Friday!!!
36.gif

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 8:14:26 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Apple Call the doc but don''t worry yet... not to be crass about it, but at this stage in your pregnancy there would not actually be anything large or unusual to ''pass'' if you did miscarry, all that you would notice is a perhaps heavier period. I wonder if it was just some CF? There tends to be lots of it in early pregnancy. Or it could have been part of the mucus plug, which is beginning to form. You can try taking a pg test and see how quickly the line appears. It isn''t definitive like a blood test, but many of the women here who have miscarried very early noted that their BFPs disappeared or became very faint when they started spotting etc.
Thanks dreamer...that''s sort of what I was thinking. It was a decent size and at this point it just doesn''t seem possible there there could be anything that large. I did a little internet research and I found 1 or 2 stories of women who did miscarry around week 4 that described something similar to what I saw and they both said they started spotting later in the day.

Would it be bad of me to just wait and see what happens? I did consider taking another pregnancy test but all I have is a digital. I thought I would pick some others home today on my way home from work and see how it turns out.

I''d rather wait until I''m spotting/ bleeding to call the Dr. I wish today wasn''t Friday because if I don''t call today then I can''t do anything until Monday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results