shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
blushing, i am just so sorry to hear this. My heart sank as well. I totally understand the need to take a break. Of course I can''t wait to see you back though and I know it will happen for you again soon (even though this probably rings hollow now). Your DH sounds like the best
meanwhile
face1.gif
. Throwing lots of hugs and support your way, and take your time with everything.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
blushing, I''m so very sorry. Take care of yourself, we''ll all be thinking of you. *hugs*

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
blushing - I''m so sorry and I wish that i had something other than words. But, I know that while surely these are broken days, I hope that there are times, filled with life, shaped by happiness, that give you space to heal. and, when you are ready, to start to hope for another beginning.
emlove.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Vizsla, yep, today is my 20 week!!

So I took a poll of my close friends and the ratio is about 17:4 in favor of boy. Now that we finally have our boy name figured out, I''m becoming more and more thrilled with the idea of a boy!

So: any votes on the sex of the baby? (Apologies to those of you who are also FB friends with me, and saw the same question posed)

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh blushing, I am so sorry to hear this news. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Please take as much time as you need and know that you have a whole support system here if you need us. You''ll be in my thoughts.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Amber - I''m going out on a limb and going GIRL for you! Just because. Ya know. I feels it. Or not.

On a me related note... blergh. I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable...8 more weeks...but gah. I''d really appreciate if DH could take over being pregnant for just a couple glorious days of non-waddling, back sleeping, mojito drinking and advil taking.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I am going BOY for you!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 8:47:01 AM
Author: vizsla
blushing - i am so sorry to hear about your loss. thoughts of comfort and peace heading your way (((hugs)))

robbie- gah! holy cuteness! if i''ve said it once i''ve said it a thousand times.. i luuuuuvvvvv me a baby with hair! and his hair is adorable (especially in your pro photo) gah! good job mama! he''s awesome. question about walking around. my girlfriend did the same as you, walked for almost 2 hours in lieu of laboring in bed laying down. i don''t think she had a birth plan.. i just wonder if being ''tied'' to the bed is something that is standard in order to monitor the baby, or if it based on hospital requirements. the reason i ask is because at any time of distress/pain i *have* to ''walk it off'' ... so i know i''m going to want to labor-walk. i have never thought of writing a birth plan, now i think i should talk to my midwife about this at my next apt.

fiery- another stealth birth girl! she''s beautiful! congratulations!!! we''ll miss you (and robbie) over here!

hello everyone else!

amber - you are getting close to your 20wk scan aren''t you? i''m curious if you are going to continue the ''boy'' trend we have going on here. i haven''t experienced any ''leakage'' but i know my friends have told me it can start anytime... sounds normal.

re: boobage size... gah! i hope mine stop for awhile... they are the only thing that seems to be growing! if i didn''t feel this baby kick i swear i could get away with just ''packing on a few lbs''. actually, it''s kinda getting to the point where i''m beginning to get self conscious. DH and i ran into some friends this weekend and the girl was 4 weeks behind me and, literally, her belly was 2x as big as mine. granted, i didn''t marry a linebacker... and i''m fairly tall with a long torso, but i don''t think i''ve gotten any bigger in 5 weeks. i know i shouldn''t complain, but at 6+ months i *thought* i''d look a liiiiittttllleee more PG than i do. i guess it''s a blessing in disguise..i have a really physical job and right now we are busy busy busy.. i probably wouldn''t be able to keep up if i was bigger
40.gif
37.gif
The amount of monitoring will depend on the labour you are having. I was on a continuous monitor because my waters had broken and so I was hooked up to IV antibiotics - then they decided to add in the pitocin and so I asked for an epidural plus my ctx were very odd (some were quite far apart and then others just ran into each other so I was having 5 minute long ctx), so that was that and I was on the bed for the duration.

If it hadn''t been for the pitocin and the antibiotics I could have had the epidural and no monitor (I had a mobile epidural so my legs still worked normally). However when it got to the pushing stage, it was the baby''s heart-rate going crazy on the monitor that alerted them so fast to there being a major problem - so I''m grateful I was on it.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Amber- Hmmm. Instinct says boy for your, but we're due for a girl. Can you tell us your boy name????? Good luck today, can't wait to hear what you're having!!!

I'm home sick today, which should be nice but I feel really sick and like I"m about to throw up, so not enjoying it like I wanted to.
8.gif
I think it's just a general crappiness, but being close makes me worried it is some indication something is wrong. I don't think so, and I have a dr appt tomorrow, so I'm sure all is fine.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
BlushingBride..i''m so deeply sorry for your loss. please take care of yourself, and lean on your DH and loved ones at this time. we hope to see you here again as soon as you are ready to join us. take all the time you need *hugs*

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Howdy all, Still getting a majority of boy votes! :)

Our boy name is Riley Sebastian. Paul is amazingly not phased by all the girls named Riley (Rylee/Rilee), and we thought Sebastian is the perfect middle name. Fun fact: our first dance song was "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid, the version sung by Sebastian the crab. The name wasn''t chosen on purpose!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh Blushing...........
8.gif
7.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. Take whatever time you need...we''ll be here if you need us!!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
thanks pandora... i seriously know nothing about the labor process... nothing! (aside from the general gist of things... contractions, water breaking, pain, epidural, pushing and more pushing.. but that''s the extent of it).

knowledge is power in a majority of situations for me... but for some reason, keeping myself in the dark about labor makes it all a little less scary. is ignorance bliss?
40.gif
the only thing i know for sure is that the baby has to come out one way or another. anyhoodles good to know that it''s based on my particular labor and not specific hospital requirements.

china - hope you get to feeling better!

amber - hmmm.. my official gender picking streak has come to an end... and right on this very board... so i''m going to pick girl for you....
16.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber have fun at the big ultrasound! I''m going to guess boy for you too!

So I was wondering if you ladies go ahead and get hair highlights/lowlights during pregnancy??? I just scheduled a hair appt for next Saturday and I''m not sure if I should go ahead and do a partial weave touch up. My hair is curly so you can''t tell that much when it grows out, but I thought I could go ahead and do it just once during pregnancy and it would be OK. Do you stay away from highlighting?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I''m voting girl for you too!

Quizk update...had my bi-weekly u/s today. The boys are GROWING!! (and so is my belly!). two weeks ago they were both head down...now they are laying on top of each other! (horizontal in my belly!). I am pretty sure they changed into that position yesterday because the movement in there was insane!!!

Baby A is 1lb 2oz and Baby B is 1lb 3oz...the tech said that was big for twins as I''m not even 23 weeks yet!
9.gif
9.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Amber - Riley Sebastian - LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 2:05:13 PM
Author: Mandarine
Amber, I''m voting girl for you too!

Quizk update...had my bi-weekly u/s today. The boys are GROWING!! (and so is my belly!). two weeks ago they were both head down...now they are laying on top of each other! (horizontal in my belly!). I am pretty sure they changed into that position yesterday because the movement in there was insane!!!

Baby A is 1lb 2oz and Baby B is 1lb 3oz...the tech said that was big for twins as I''m not even 23 weeks yet!
9.gif
9.gif
that is just so cool that you can learn so much about what is going on in there! I had 2 real u/s my whole pregnancy so I never really knew what was up in there! Your boys are thriving--I can''t wait to see their chubby little legs (my favorite part of babies!). Thanks for the update!

sweet pea

Rough_Rock
Sunkist- As a hair stylist I always tell my preggo clients to go with their Doc''s recommendation over mine, BUT... there is no reason to avoid highlighting as the color/lightener never touches the scalp. Personally I do not believe there is a problem with coloring hair in any way during pregnancy, I know many, many hairstylists with completely healthy babies and we are around the stuff all day :) but again... I am not a doctor and do not recommend going against Dr. recommendations. Hope that helps!

Amber I think boy... and I love Riley Sebastian!

Mandarine Yeah for growing boys!

My quick update: I am 14wks 5dys today. Feeling great except for pretty intense low back pain. I think I need to work on strengthening it since my abs aren''t going to be much support for a while, and I''m on my feet all day :)
I think we are going to schedule an ultrasound for next friday (16wks 1day) at a private ultrasound place to find out the gender!
We have also started taking a HypnoBirthing class. Has anyone else done that?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for you supprot and prayers. This was quite a shock especially after just having our first ultrasound and seeing the little bean (and it''s heartbeat). I know that DH and I need time to heal (for me physically and mentally). I started a pregnancy and TTC after a loss thread for any of you have gone through this and can offer any advice. I think that hearing other people''s success stories will put in me in a better place mentally and give me some much needed hope. You ladies are wonderful and I''m so lucky to have you all to lean on! xoxoxo

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Amber - Love your boy name, but I''m voting girl (as usual). I''m bound to get one right down the line!
28.gif

Wow sweet pea, I hadn''t realized we were one day apart! That''s pretty cool. If you have the opportunity to ask a physiotherapist for exercises to help with your back pain, I highly recommend it. I know I bitched about it a couple of weeks ago, but I''ve been doing a bit less of it everyday now and it really helps.

Mandy - Yay for healthy growing boys. 1lbs3oz is definitely big for 23w twins!
36.gif

cello and china - I hate bras. Hate hate hate them. Even A cup bras all have underwire now! Honestly, bra-makers seem to think our boobs are going to fall off if their not jacked-up with metal.
20.gif
Underwires poke me in the sternum (ouch), so usually if I can''t find anything else, I just take the wires out. Good luck finding comfy bras, cello.

14w6d here and just had my second appointment. I''ve barely gained 2 pounds since my first appointment at 11 weeks (and maybe 3-4 pounds in total), but my doctor is not worried at all apparently, because she said that I have a "beautiful belly" and that the heartbeat (we heard it again, it''s amazing) is at 140bpm and again, "really beautiful". She seemed really happy, and said my chances of miscarriage are pretty much zero now.
36.gif
I''m still having m/s and it''s getting old
14.gif
, but apparently it''s a good sign. So, all is well, I guess! I have my 20-weeks u/s on August 6th and my next doctor''s appointment is the week after that.

On the down side, I failed the blood-sugar blood test last week at 5.3 (the limit is 5.2) so I have to go back next week
39.gif
and this time I have to fast for 8 hours before instead of just 3. That''s going to be fun.
14.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I had my big u/s today and you can add me to the long list of those of us having a BOY!
30.gif
There is no doubt about it...as soon as I looked at the screen it was obvious. We are excited beyond belief, but also shocked since I really had the feeling that this baby was a girl. It''s weird, though. I''ve only had one dream about the baby, and in the dream it was a boy. For some reason I was still thinking girl!

So, the crib bedding I bought a few weeks ago will not work. I was set on pink and gray for a girl, and now that I know it''s a boy I''m leaning towards yellow and gray. Again, a color combo that is hard to find. Was someone else here thinking of that color combo? I did find this set... it says gender neutral but I''m thinking maybe a little too girly since the one pattern looks floral. What do you all think?

yellowgray.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Verdict is in!!!

It''s a....

GIRL!!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
36.gif

so is it PJ?
30.gif
30.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mela, it''s Piper Jane!!! I AM SO EXCITED!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 6:03:32 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Verdict is in!!!

It''s a....

GIRL!!!!!
Yea! Congrats for team PINK!! How exciting!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
AMBER!!!!! I am SO excited for you!!!! I so wanted to guess girl for you so you could use your girl name. I
30.gif
Piper Jane. In fact, I purposefully leave it off girl name lists in your honor since I think of it as "your" name. YAY!

INDYPITTY- Congrats, and welcome to Team BLUE! Love that bedding and I don''t think it''s too girly at all- that pattern looks more like nature or leafs to me rather than floral. Plus you can boy it up in other ways. I think Vizla''s DH wanted yellow/grey but don''t know if they had any bedding picked out. I will keep an eye out for you.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I was just about to guess girl for you! Congrats! How exciting!

It looks like tomorrow I''ll be taking care of two little boys who I think are about 5 and 3. Their mom is a high school friend of DH''s who has since moved far away, but she is back in town because her sister''s heart stopped suddenly and she hasn''t woken up from her coma. I saw on Facebook that they needed help taking care of the boys while they''re at the hospital. I confess that I''m not quite sure what to do with two little boys I''ve never met before, but I"ll just have to figure it out! The sister (the one in the coma) is a mother of a 3 month old and a 2 year old. When DH''s friend called to ask if I could watch them, she said it isn''t looking good.
7.gif
There are just no words for such tragedies.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
SweetPea thanks for your info on haircoloring! I actually didn''t think of asking my doctor, hehe, I guess I can give the office a call. But like you say, it doesn''t touch the scalp. Anyways, thank you!

Amber, a GIRL!!! Piper Jane is tre adorable. Just love it! I''m so happy for you!

IndyPitty, and for you HOORAY for a little Boy! I think it''s going to be so amazing being on team blue to have a little boy that loves you more than anything in the world.
30.gif
eee!
And, I love the yellow/gray set in the pic, but it does look like floral. Hmmm, have you seen this Amy Coe set? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3236066

I guess it looks like it''s not all available on BRU, but here it is on Ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW!-Amy-Coe-ZOO-BABY-9-Piece-Crib-Set-_W0QQitemZ220441119369QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090624?IMSfp=TL090624172003r24415
And you could add yellow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for you Amber, I love the name Piper Jane.
36.gif
It''s a lovely name.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I was just logging to vote GIRL for you too. Congrats! The boy streak has been broken!

Indypitty, congrats on your boy!

Anchor, congrats on making it to the 2nd trimester as well!

I don''t update much, but am 18 weeks this week. Time is really flying!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results