carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 3:18:37 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Congrats to BLUSHING and STEPH!!!! That first u/s is simply amazing.

Re: big babies- My former secretary had a 12 LB baby. That she delivered VAGINALLY.
23.gif
This was probably 20 or 30 year ago, so I guess they just used to let you go for it! Can I say OUCH?
Haha I have a friend whose wife delivered 3 boys....they were 9, 10.5 and 12 lbs and this was all in the last 10 years. Vaginally and full-term. And she is like 5''4" and tiny. Crazy what your body can do!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
blushing, so exciting to see your little bean!!! You must be so relieved. I don''t know for sure but I would guess that Weill Cornell and NY Presby are the same thing. My doctors were considered Columbia University Medical Center but it was still part of NY Presbyterian so I don''t think there is any difference for you with Cornell. You''ll be delivering in that gorgeous maternity ward there and I''m sure your doctor will be great. Congratulations again!!! You know I''ll be watching this thread for all your updates!!
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 4:14:04 PM
Author: Mara

Re: big babies- My former secretary had a 12 LB baby. That she delivered VAGINALLY.
23.gif
This was probably 20 or 30 year ago, so I guess they just used to let you go for it! Can I say OUCH?
Haha I have a friend whose wife delivered 3 boys....they were 9, 10.5 and 12 lbs and this was all in the last 10 years. Vaginally and full-term. And she is like 5''4'' and tiny. Crazy what your body can do!
I guess this is more the point I was trying to make -- whether the baby is big or not or the scan is right or wrong, women push out large babies all the time and its okay! Keeping that in mind is really helpful I found when dealing with the tentativeness and negativity that accompanies the suspicion of a larger baby. I had no tearing or anything with Hunter, and his head AND hand.arm came out at the same time! I think I could have gotten a larger baby out too
2.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 5:04:19 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 7/2/2009 4:14:04 PM
Author: Mara

23.gif
Haha I have a friend whose wife delivered 3 boys....they were 9, 10.5 and 12 lbs and this was all in the last 10 years. Vaginally and full-term. And she is like 5''4'' and tiny. Crazy what your body can do!
I guess this is more the point I was trying to make -- whether the baby is big or not or the scan is right or wrong, women push out large babies all the time and its okay! Keeping that in mind is really helpful I found when dealing with the tentativeness and negativity that accompanies the suspicion of a larger baby. I had no tearing or anything with Hunter, and his head AND hand.arm came out at the same time! I think I could have gotten a larger baby out too
2.gif

I''m with you, Dreamer, I think our bodies are meant to handle this and we should just let nature take it''s course (within reason, of course, there are obviously many instances where intervention is needed and wanted!). My former secretary said she had no tearing with her 12 lb-er either.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 2:46:49 PM
Author: blushingbride
Hi Ladies!

Things are so busy for me at work as I try to wrap up before the holiday weekend. However, I thought I'd pop in quickly to let you know that I just got back from my first ultrasound!!! My doctor says everything looks great and all my bloodwork from my genetic tests are normal! DH and I got to see and hear the baby's heartbeat which was SO AMAZINGLY COOL!!!!
30.gif
36.gif
Needless to say, we are relieved and thrilled!!! Here's our first pic at 7w3d!!!

Yayy!! Isn't seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat the greatest thing?
1.gif
I have good memories of my 8 week appt. too. It was like, "Wow, there really is something in there!!"
30.gif
And hearing the heartbeat was very cool too!

Glad you had a great appointment!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 4:32:22 PM
Author: curlygirl
blushing, so exciting to see your little bean!!! You must be so relieved. I don''t know for sure but I would guess that Weill Cornell and NY Presby are the same thing. My doctors were considered Columbia University Medical Center but it was still part of NY Presbyterian so I don''t think there is any difference for you with Cornell. You''ll be delivering in that gorgeous maternity ward there and I''m sure your doctor will be great. Congratulations again!!! You know I''ll be watching this thread for all your updates!!
1.gif
Thank you so much Curlygirl!!!!
5.gif
I know, it was so surreal - my DH was more in shock over everything than I was! I''m new to the whole Weil Cornell and NY Presby thing so, I''m still trying to wrap my head around what''s what. I''ll probably have a ton of questions about having and raising a baby in NY so, it''s nice to know that you are on standby!
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies

I just wanted to stop by and say that our little girl decided to make her appearance 12 days early!!!

Her name is Sophia Lynn and we cannot be any happier! I''ll write out all of the details later but basically we came in to the hospital early yesterday morning (at 2AM) for decreased fetal movement. The nurse checked her out, she was fine, but she told me that I was having contractions. Pitocin, forced water break, one failed epidural, one fabuloso epidural, 15 hours of labor and 45 minutes of pushing later she was here! She weighed 7lbs2oz, 19inches long.

I have two photos to share. Everything is going relatively well. Breastfeeding has been a challenge but I called the LC and I''m getting better at it. She is also slightly jaundice so they have her hooked into a biliblanket (I''ll write more on that later).

Love you all! Rub those bellies for me.

sophial1.jpg

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, Fiery, CONGRATULATIONS! Sophia is beautiful. So happy for you and Mr. Fiery!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations fiery! Welcome Sophia! She''s beautiful!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
AWWWW, Fiery she is a doll! Welcome Sophia!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Major Congrats Fiery on the birth of Sophia
36.gif
She''s gorgeous, just like her momma!

BB and Steph - congrats on your lickle beans
2.gif
Isn''t hearing that heartbeat the bestest thing?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coming out of lurkdom to say that I''m sorry, Cara, for your loss.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree, Henry is adorable!

Fiery -- Sophia is gorgeous!

Robbie -- congratulations on the arrival of Desmond!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Congrat, Fiery!

She is a total cutie pie!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Fiery!!!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, congratulations!! She''s beautiful!!!! Welcome Sophia!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Fiery, CONGRATS and Welcome Sophia!!! She is gorgeous! Can''t wait to hear more details! Why did they decide to induce early? So glad delivery went well and that you are doing well! Oh, and Sophia and Desmond weighed the same, how cute is that?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Steph & Blushing!! So happy for you both!!!

Congrats Fiery!!!! Sophia is gorgeous!!! Hope youre doing well!!!
36.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
OMG fiery, Sophia is so beautiful! Congratulations!!
30.gif
36.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Fiery, you secret laborer you!

WELCOME SOPHIA LYNN, she''s absolutely precious!!!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Fiery! She''s beautiful!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Congrats fiery!!!
36.gif
36.gif

What a little doll Sophia is
30.gif
30.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Fiery, on your beautiful baby girl! (And are you posting for the hospital or have you made a speedy return home?)

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
fiery congrats!!! sophia is just beautiful!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Fiery! Congrats! She''s beautiful!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Congrats Fiery!! She''s beautiful and glad you finally settled on a middle name...it''s gorgeous!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Fiery! Sooo cute!!
30.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Fiery!!!! :)

She is such a doll. Awwww.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Fiery, Sophia is soooo lovely!!!!
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results