shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: Thanks! My baby girl has a mullet though....lol...her hair is simply not growing in front, but the sides & back? Oh yeah...hilarious. Oh well...
Don''t recalls just irk you? I am glad I have nothing on there, but I''ve had so much stuff recalled in the past its not funny. Both my carseats. Insane. That fosters confidence.

congrats on the first foods. Delaney wants whatever we are eating. Its tough because she''s not dumb, and I can''t fake her out. I keep telling her "two teeth does not a steak warrant". She won''t listen, so I have to listen to her holler. I have found that soft cooked pasta is a fave of hers. She loves spaghetti noodles. pretty cute.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tell ya...I''ll always stick around this thread for the pics!!!
30.gif

lili, J''s head holding is impressive!!! Amelia Bedalia can barely hold hers at 45 degrees. I think my daugther is slightly motor skills challenged. This is probably because she spends all her time sleeping.
2.gif
So see? While my lazy daugther snoozes, yours is exercising and advancing in motor skills!

Thanks to those that responded to my vent, and I appreciate your thoughtful responses!

Ephermery, to your question, I say: Early bedtime!!! Amelia goes to bed at 7 now (as I noted, she''s a sleepy one...in fact I have it on my list of questions to ask the doc if she''s bordering on lethargic...) TGuy spends a bit of time with her and we put her to bed. We have dinner, talk about our day, share some wine together and just veg for a bit before having some alone/wind down time for each of us. Right now, evenings feels almost "normal".

As for LC''s and Gemma''s initial posts...I found neither of them offensive. LC''s initial reply to Gemma''s post was seemed a bit more "soft" than she can normally be, so I saw an effort to be diplomatic. What I did find rude is your reponse to Ephermery LC...she was just voicing her opinion just like we are entitled to, and obviously has experience with depression. C''mon LC...how old are ya?

More later...

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tacori!

Burk, I hope Tayva feel better soon...

lili, J is so cute~ look at all the hair

we did give him tylenol but he was also vomiting so we had to give him fever all which is a rectal suppositories. But neither of it bring down the temp so it drove me to tears to see my little baby in such discomfort.

Litigator Chick, we did took him in for the doctor to check him out, he suspect little B probably already had a bug or virus hidden inside his system and the vaccine just push him over the edge.

Diver, Delaney is so adorable...look at that smile

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
here is little B before he got really cranky, we''re trying to cool him down with wet cloth..

raysick6.jpg

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
here is one more...

so the fever has finally subside. My best birthday gift!!

raysick3.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:47:45 AM
Author: LitigatorChick

Date: 6/11/2008 10:21:51 AM
Author: ephemery1

LC, since you want to know if your words are following your intentions, I want to say... I interpreted your post to Gemma the exact same way Tacori did. It just came across (to me) as harsh and condescending. I am writing as somebody who has been treated for major depression for over 15 years, as well as earning 2 graduate degrees in Counseling Psychology... and found nothing offensive about her post whatsoever. I know you feel there should not be a stigma around mental health, but the truth is, there IS one... so Gemma was trying her hardest to be helpful while simultaneously remaining conscious of that stigma. Not perpetuating it, just being aware of it... which is essential in effectively reaching people. But publicly chastising somebody who is just trying to help... not the most effective way of communicating, IMHO.
Whatever....
20.gif
Wow, pretty harsh, LC. I've been avoiding this whole topic but I really have to say that this response to ephemery's well thought out and eloquent post is totally uncalled for and really rude.

I'm going back into lurker mode until my hormones relax. This place is not so pretty sometimes, even though all the babies are gorgeous. Hope everyone is doing well, I'll visit again soon.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
OK, Lili, Diver, and Bobo, you guys are lucky I''ve got my own cutie pie babes or else I would seriously want to steal your babies. Bobo, little B makes me swoon. He''s just too cute for words! And Ms. Jadelyn and Daners are just such pretty little ladies. I just love ''em all!! TGal, where is your little Amelia??? Hmmmmmph. I''m impatiently tapping my foot here waiting.

And Bobo, I''m sorry little B is feeling so poopy. Hope he''s back to normal soon!

As for what''s going on here ... Gemma''s original post was obviously not meant to dis anyone, it was meant to be helpful and Ephem''s post also was clearly not rude in any way whatsoever, so the eye rolling was completely unnecessary and immature. LC, I think at times your desire to turn everything into a debate oversteps the support that this thread is all about.

Ephem, belly pics please!!! I love me some cute baby bumps. Bring ''em on!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 4:15:09 PM
Author: ellaila
OK, Lili, Diver, and Bobo, you guys are lucky I''ve got my own cutie pie babes or else I would seriously want to steal your babies. Bobo, little B makes me swoon. He''s just too cute for words! And Ms. Jadelyn and Daners are just such pretty little ladies. I just love ''em all!! TGal, where is your little Amelia??? Hmmmmmph. I''m impatiently tapping my foot here waiting.

And Bobo, I''m sorry little B is feeling so poopy. Hope he''s back to normal soon!

As for what''s going on here ... Gemma''s original post was obviously not meant to dis anyone, it was meant to be helpful and Ephem''s post also was clearly not rude in any way whatsoever, so the eye rolling was completely unnecessary and immature. LC, I think at times your desire to turn everything into a debate oversteps the support that this thread is all about.

Ephem, belly pics please!!! I love me some cute baby bumps. Bring ''em on!
I agree ellaila, this thread was started so that everyone could get support, in a kind and caring manner.
I am loving all the baby pics, everyone''s babies are too cute!!!
Ephem, can see see a belly shot?? Pretty please?

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
These babies are just toooo cute. Delany in the two Elmo pics, help me, I want one that cute!
And oh boy, I am not going to be a good mom making my baby sleep in a crib. Yikes, I can''t even make my puppy sleep in her crate. She cries and is so cuddly and snuggly so she is on the bed...er..on me, nightly.....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, so funny about D wanting all your food. How long did it take for her two teeth to come out fully? T''s bottom two are poking out and it looks like the front two might not be far behind. My one friend said it took her daughter''s 3 months!
23.gif
32.gif
At least the painful part is over but I didn''t realize they took so long. The stage one seemed to take forever. Now we are onto stage 2.

Jas12, glad things are getting better for you. Yay for co laughing!!! Isn''t that the best?

TGal, she''ll be fine! Yay for good sleep and time with TGuy!

Bobo, glad he is doing better!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

peeking in to say little b is just too cute for words and delaney is gorgeous -- such a happy girl!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, it''s a little late...but here is Amelia at her 2 months.

IMG_0999a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And because I am a total dork, I was playing with macro trying to get a shot of a massive booger. This shot spares you the gory clear details, but it still makes me laugh.

IMG_1070a.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness, I LOVE all the baby pics. seriously, each and every PS baby is just adorable!!

tgal...that boogie shot is hilarious...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, Ame is so sweet (and I see Asian in her!!!) Cute pics. I hate those boogers! So hard to get out!
14.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop in to say i luv the new baby pics

Bobo--for a sick baby, little B is sure looking cute, glad the fever broke!

Tgal--lol--beautiful boogie girl ;-) Amelia is changing with each pic i see and i honestly think that if i didn''t know the ethnicity of you or Tguy i would assume she has an asian parent(s)--i totally see it. She has gorgeous eyelashes now! Cohen''s are finally visible and really long however they are pretty much see-thru they are so light.

Just got back from a work function. I had to go present an award to one of my students at the school''s year-end banquet and that meant getting dressed up--too much effort for a 30 second award presentation. The worst part--i felt scrutinized by my co-workers, i could feel the whole ''look up, look down'' check-out the post-baby body scan--ick. At least i got out of the house and had some adult conversation for an hour.

gotta go watch So You Think You Can Dance
36.gif
(anyone else obsessed with this show?!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I''ll have to get a pic of her in natural sunlight...she does not look like the same child with her reddish hair and blue/grey eyes.

So, catching up on some more posts...Tacori, I''ll have to look up what stage one foods are, but that sounds like quite an accomplishment!
36.gif

lili, I''ll have you know, due to that adorable pic of J, Amelia had to do some extra tummy time today. Hehehe. She yawned all the way through it.
20.gif

Jas, you''ll have to post more pics of Co! Amelia''s eyelashes are only visible because that was a macro shot. They are still very sparse and kind of straight (like asian eyelashes). I''m still hoping for an eyelash miracle and that TGuy''s eyelashes will appear on her!

And I saw your post preggo body pic when you posted the one of you and Co at his little shindig. I had to try hard not to hate you.
2.gif
I have not lost ONE pound since coming home from the hospital two months ago. In fact, I have GAINED a half a pound. But since I have been doing stroller strides for a week and a half now, I am going to attribute it to muscle development.
40.gif

Oh, and happy 12 year dating anniversary!

So for Jas, MrsS and lili...isn''t it amazing how two months changes their cries? I''m like, hey...where did that cute newborn cry go? This kid is SCREAMING!

Ella, we need more pics of G&K. You take the most JOYOUS pics of those two and they always put a smile on my mug. Post, lady!

Bobo, little B is such a cheruby angel!

Diver, I LOVE that pic of Delaney when she decides she likes Elmo. It just looks like such a COMPLETE verdict!! lol. And Amelia has the TOTAL makings of a mullet. The front bits aren''t even half an inch long. Back and sidebacks are over two inches long. We''re going to let it grow as is and mulletize her.

Burk, I think we can all agree hubbies can be so exasperating! I am sorry Tayva has had a rough few days...it must be so heartbreaking.
15.gif

Hope our current preggos are doing well!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, she''s had carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, green beans, prunes, squash, apple sauce, bananas, pears, peaches and yo baby yogurt (not part of stage 1 but I thought she would like it). I think that''s all of them! The funny thing is sometimes she makes a face (like when eating something cold b/c she is not used to it) but then she opens up her mouth like she wants more...so I just keep giving it to her until she turns her head, starts spitting, loses interest.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, Burk, Diver, Jas12 and TG -- Thanks so much for your reassurances about future "us time" for me and DH! Early bedtime sounds good to me... none of that 11pm stuff TG's friends subscribe to!
6.gif
The promise of potentially "normal" evenings helps a lot. Just remind me of all this again sometime in Nov/Dec/Jan when I'm going crazy waiting for her to sleep through the night, k? It helps that DH is SUPER positive and even-keeled about everything, so when I have a hormonal meltdown about things changing, he can be sympathetic but reassuring at the same time... hopefully he'll be able to do that during the tough times with the baby too.

Diver, can't get enough of the Delaney pix!! Every single shot, she looks like the happiest baby in the world... and she is one of those babies where you HAVE to smile along with her, such a great quality.
9.gif
And Lili, Jadelyn is just gorgeous... love the hair! And Bobo, love your little guy... so glad he's starting to feel better! I get upset enough when my cat is sick, can't imagine how I'll handle it with Lyla. TG, it's been too long since an Amelia pic... I barely recognize her!! I can't believe what a little person she is now, at a ripe old 2 months... I actually called DH over to see her... hehe.

Jas12, thanks so much for the cloth diaper info.. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you in the future, so stay tuned! Glad to hear you are finding cloth wipes easy to use, too. I've just started looking into all this, but I'm thinking we'll at least give it a try. There is a website that has a "sampler" of different types/brands that you can purchase on a trial basis... seems like a good way to get started.

And thanks to all who gave feedback on the Gemma/LC discussion. LC, I only responded to your initial post because you told Gemma that you'd want to know if your own words could potentially be taken the wrong way. I tried to be clear that it was just my interpretation, no more, no less... but at the very least, coming from a place of both professional and personal experience. Wasn't really expecting that particular response
33.gif
... but no big deal. In the future, I think I'll stick to responding to the supportive, positive posts that make this thread a fun place to be, as others have mentioned! (Which always includes Curly... so come back!! Hormones welcome...
9.gif
) For what it's worth, LC, I'm really glad to hear that both medication and therapy have been helpful to you in dealing with your anxiety symptoms. The world of mental health can be a difficult one to understand/navigate, and it is always encouraging (to both clients and therapists!) to hear success stories.

OK, Kaleigh and Ella, you asked for it... an official 23 week belly shot coming up momentarily. Though I'm thinking I may have to stop the bare belly ones soon, don't want to disturb anyone accidentally wandering into this thread... hehe. It is still so WEIRD to see myself in a picture looking like that... I can't get over it!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I feel kinda silly posting this when everyone else is posting cute, smiley babies which are WAY more fun to look at. Other preggos? Belly pix to join mine, please??

PS -- As you may note, the bedroom still has not been straightened since the last pic (sadly, posted at 21 weeks). That is SO on the to-do list for this weekend.
31.gif

PSS -- I would like to point out how very strategically the camera is positioned to hide the horrific acne that is STILL plaguing me. Just when I think it starts to get better, I wake up with a whole new angry red crop. Sigh.

Eph23Weeks.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, ephemery, you look amazing. You are tiny, and it''s all belly. And a cute belly at that, hehe. I wish I had looked like that, carrying Ash my belly was huge. I was tiny with my son. go figure. Thanks for the pic!!!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I can''t remember, but do you make your own food? I got the babycook for a shower gift and think I will make my own, but I can''t even begin to think of making all that stage one stuff!

God Ephemery, my post preggo body is jealous of your preggo one. You know I have never even seen my c-section scar because of the overhang on it? Horrendous. I''m THIRTY pounds over my my wedding weight (I had gained prior to becoming pregnant). Seriously, I LOOK like a mom. All I need now are mom jeans.
39.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Diver, D is so cute! Snuggling with D sounds so lovely!

TGal, A is adorable! The booger picture is too funny!

Jas12, yay for C laughing and smiling when he hears your voice!

Bobo, happy birthday! B is adorable! I''m glad B''s fever has broke. Hope he feels better soon!

Tacori, yay for making it through all the foods!

Eph, you look awesome! All belly. Very cute belly!

Here''s me at 21w2d.

IMG_5750-1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh These babies are toooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!
30.gif

TGal, I am cracking up at you taking a picture of Amelia''s booger, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snlee, you look great, again all belly!!

Tgal, your booger pic is too funny.

Miss Amelia, sure is a pretty baby!! She has such a sweet face.

I can''t wait till I become a grandmom. All in good time of course, LOL!!!
3.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ephemery: wow you are so tiny & adorable! Hey, it does look like we have the same kind of hair, I''ll let you know how the c-s-c trick goes. I wish I looked like that preggers.

Tgal: So how do you like stroller strides? Is it a workout, I mean a tough, dripping in sweat workout? (that is what I need). The weather is nice & I don''t always like taking the kids to the gym & we have a SS franchise in my burb, so its muy convenient. And I don''t plan on cutting D''s hair either. Viva La Mullet!

Snlee; you are so tiny too! man, these tiny pregos kill me....lol...but good for you gals!

Ellaila: I nicknamed Jake & Delaney "Itchy & Scratchy"...what do you call the twins? When my brother & I were growing up, my dad called us Thing 1 & Thing 2 or Snakebite & Bloodpoison. you have to know him, it was a loving thing..lol....

Speaking of mental illness....my SIL told me to get a few books on Borderline Personality Disorder (stop walking on eggshells & surviving a borderline parent) and I have been reading these & thinking "oh my gawwwwwwd". Now whether my mom is borderline or not can only be determined by a mental health professional (which I am not) but I have to say, MY experiences are very typical of a child raised in that kind of household. My god...its horrible. I''ve been bummed out all freakin'' day (was up late last night reading them, probably why I felt the need to snuggle Miss D, just to give her more love) after reading them, because I''ve been blaming myself, enduring my own self imposed guilt trips for not reaching out to my mother who I haven''t spoken to in 15 months. But I have to admit, life is so much better without her around. She turns everything back on you to the point where you don''t even know what the hell is going on & feel like a bad person. Very eye opening to say the least. My guilt is dissipating now, but I was bummed out because I''ve spent my whole life agonizing, when really, there was nothing I could do. I''m doing the one thing I should be...removing myself from a toxic, volatile, unhealthy relationship. I realize now how truly dangerous she is. Emotional mind-effing if you will.

So that''s my story and I''m sticking to it...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Almost forgot!!

Bobo, little B is such a sweetie! I love that laying down shot...sweet baby...

Tgal: Miss Amelia Bodelia is a punkin, such a pretty little girl! yeah, you''re right, you had a white baby. I see a tiny bit of asian influence in the corner of her eyes, but really, she looks white. What the hell would you know anyway, you''re just her mom...LOL.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again all...yeah, what else is a bored mom on maternity leave gonna do except take booger pics?

snlee, you are tiny! In that pink shirt and riding high little tummy, I would have guessed you were having a girl!

Diver, SS depends on the instructor. Mine is tough...we are down by the beach and there are a lot of stairs and we have to go up and down them a lot. I have heard that some of the other local instructors are not that heard. I can''t even do the full workout...but that''s because I''m a tubby at the moment and supremely out of shape.

Yeah...I did have a white girl. All my friends who hadn''t seen her in person tell me she does look asian. Then they see her in person and they say, uh...yeah, she doesn''t look Korean at all.
15.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Bobo, sorry to hear little B had a bad reaction to the vaccines. Hope he is doing better now. He looks cute with the cloth on his head even if he was sick.

Burk, sorry Tayva had a rough couple of days. Men can be clueless sometimes.

Lili, thanks for the info on swelling and movements. This is all so new to me. Jade is so cute in her 2 month old photo.

Ephemery, I have been worrying about losing 1-on-1 time with DH too. We’ve been spending a lot of time together lately because it seems so precious right now. We are thinking about using flushable G Diapers. My usually very environmentalist hubby got the willies at the thought of putting dirty diapers in the same washing machine we use to wash our clothes. (I didn’t have the heart to tell him poop/pee/puke covered clothes and sheets would have to be washed anyway.)

Snlee, I hadn’t thought about the placenta blocking the sensation of movements. If the baby is down low like the placenta that makes sense.

Diver, love the new Delaney pics. I don’t blame you for wanting to snuggle up with her.

Jas12, the almost laughs sound cute. We need pics of the giant grins.

TGal, Amelia’s 2-month pic is so cute. That is one extreme close-up, lol.

Ephemery & Snlee, cute baby bellies! I’ll have to get DH to take a pic tomorrow when I’m dressed.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 12:26:48 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks again all...yeah, what else is a bored mom on maternity leave gonna do except take booger pics?

snlee, you are tiny! In that pink shirt and riding high little tummy, I would have guessed you were having a girl!

Diver, SS depends on the instructor. Mine is tough...we are down by the beach and there are a lot of stairs and we have to go up and down them a lot. I have heard that some of the other local instructors are not that heard. I can't even do the full workout...but that's because I'm a tubby at the moment and supremely out of shape.

Yeah...I did have a white girl. All my friends who hadn't seen her in person tell me she does look asian. Then they see her in person and they say, uh...yeah, she doesn't look Korean at all.
15.gif
She looks Korean to me, it's in her eye's. She a lovely combo of the two of you. Thinking she'll be a real stunner when she grows up!!!
I see her pics and think, gosh what a cutie!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results