shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
question to the moms...does your baby react to the vaccines?

little B. received his four months vaccines yesterday and he is having a bad reaction to it. Fever of 101 that won''t go away, vomiting, won''t sleep (DH and I only got 1 hour of sleep last night) He is so not himself that I cried with him the whole night.

Took him back to the pedi today and the doctor said it''s probably reaction to the vaccines. I asked him how come he wasn''t like that when he got his 2 months vaccine (at the old pedi) the doctor said it''s probably different batch or from different manufacture.

We both stay home today since non of use got any sleep last night, hope his fever will subside soon...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry Bobo! I have no helpful advice. Hope little B feels better soon.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Golly, the babies are growing quickly! So pretty, all of them!

Congrats, Mommies!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 11:02:06 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Linda, you are too funny. Thank you for all the sweet compliments! I e-mailed me my mom and she said she couldn''t decide! Then she e-mailed them to everyone in her address book.

Ha, that''s grandma for you.
I bet you your mom spends her day just looking over the pics of Tessa that you sent her.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it feels like I've been away forever...I haven't even had a chance to lurk and read...catching up is going to take forever!
6.gif

Ebree~I am so, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Jen, Yup, we're in NE. My husband works in Omaha. Small world sometimes.

neatfreak~Glad you found a dress!

Gemma~Thanks! It is so cute to watch her scoot around on the floor.

Ella~Yay for Katelyn's tooth! Yucky, yucky hotness and cranky babies.
2.gif
Speaking of cranky, how is Gabe doing with his reflux? We saw an allergist last week and he thinks Tayva has an intollerance vs an allergy (which is good because it means she'll grow out of it) but her referred us to a pediatric gastoenologist. We have an appointment on July 1st...which seems like sooo long from now, but I guess we'll have to make do.

Tacori~Hurray for making it through all the foods!

Kay~Thanks! It was fun to do camp, as I LOVE my job as a volleyball coach, but the hours were very long so I missed T. I also love the frame. You'll need all the frames you can when the little on arrives!
2.gif

Bobo~Sorry little B isn't feeling well!! I hope he gets better soon. Keep us posted!

Tayva has had a rough few days....between teething, reflux, food intollerances and a nasty diaper rash, the girl's been through it all. I feel so horrible for her. She slept terrible last night, but I think part of that has to do with the fact that my husband was supposed to put her to bed at 7ish (normal bed time) and when I got home from camp at 8:30, she was still awake. Yup, he said she was too happy and wanted to play so he didn't think she needed to go to bed.
29.gif
I just don't think men get it some times. He really means well and loves her to death, but really, she wanted to play so she doesn't need to go to bed? Come on. Speaking of bad sleep....sounds like she's wrestling around up there when she should be sleeping!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ella
Loved that Tee pix then, loved it now
9.gif

Wow, it seems like just only a few days ago when you first posted it.
Now the bebes are teething!!!
Hope those pearly white pop up quick and fast.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 9:51:40 AM
Author: DivaDiamond007
The heat is on here in Ohio. My hands and feet are swollen from the heat/humidity and it''s awful. At night I have to have the AC on and also a fan blowing right on me. Any other preggos finding sleeping with a watermelon tough?
Jess

The heat is unbearable as well in CA.
Sorry to hear about the swelling....drink plenty of liquid.
I am so thankful that I didn''t have to go through the third tri during the summer.
I was only using the bed sheet at night in the dead of winter, so I can only imagine how hot it is for you right now
8.gif

Hang in there, you''ve got only 6 wks to go?
How exciting!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ebree
Hope the dr has some answers for you.

It''s good to your optimism
5.gif

I know we''ll see you back here soon.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gemma and Jen for the comment on the avi.

How are you ladies doing?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Kay
Fingers crossed for your placenta to move upward.

Re: Swelling
I think swelling happens because your growing uterus is putting pressure on the veins that return the blood from your lower extremities back to your heart. So even though you haven''t gained much from your pre-preggo (lucky girl
2.gif
), your uterus is growing. You should definitely let your doctor know about it.
I can''t recall when exactly my legs started to swell, but it was pretty early on even before I was showing.

Re: Fetal Movement
Like Tacori said, fetal movements shouldn''t hurt until in the later weeks. By then, you''ll know for sure that it''s the baby kicking.
Perhaps you are feeling the ligament stretching?
For me, movement at 16 wks was like popcorn popping (actually it''s more like someone is flicking the inside of my stomach).
At 20 wks, movements are like someone poking me with their finger.
At 22 wks, movements are snake-like. I can feel her slithering from my side of my tummy to the other.
At 27 wks, it''s like a sparring session in there at times -- I kept feeling rapid punches.
At 32 wks onward, your belly morphed to all different shapes imaginable.
How I miss all those movements.
8.gif

Yea, Jade is growing so fast.
She''s 2 months now....no longer a tiny baby
8.gif

I''ll see if I have a 2-month pix.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo

Sorry to hear that little B is reacting to the vaccine.
I have heard of baby getting a fever after receiving their vaccinations.
My cousin's kid had a slight fever after she got hers.
Her mom advised me to give the baby a dose of tylenol an hour before going to get the vaccine.
Perhaps the other experienced mommies can chime in on that.

Burk
Aww...sorry to hear that Tayva is going through some growing pains.
Poor little thing.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Here she is at 2 months.

IMG_3919-1.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 8:52:37 AM
Author: LitigatorChick

Date: 6/9/2008 3:58:35 AM
Author: Gemma12

Jas
I''m sorry to hear about the sleep probs. I wondered back when you first mentioned it if it could be postpartum depression? I really hesitate to say anything because there is such a stigma but a friend of mine had exactly that-just sleep issues and started an antidepressant and slept great. I really hope that it hasn''t offended you-you sound like a positive upbeat down to earth person from your posts and I don''t think you''re a ''depressive'' type but PPD is a chemical imbalance. The other mums have chimed in with great advice tho so I''ll leave it there! I know I couldn''t do 1 hrs sleep a night....! I''m glad you are getting the occasional good night too.
Hi Gemma12. Just wanted to respond to your post above. I have postpartum anxiety, and with the help of medication and counselling, I am coming out of a very difficult time.

I know your intention was nothing but caring in this post, but comments like ''not the depressive type'' and offending people is a bit offensive. I am not really the ''depressive type'' - positive, upbeat, always smiling. But that makes it even harder, in a weird way. And it is not offensive and there should not be a stigma - just like if you noted that someone should see a doc because their leg is broken, someone should see help if they are not mentally feeling well.

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify a couple things on this issue.
Tacori - I saw your post and re-read my post above - I don''t think I was offside here. I made a very clear point to say I knew Gemma''s intentions were caring, and that I was just trying to clarify some comments about ppd. My point was to raise awareness - a lot of people don''t know how to deal with mental illness issues, and I was trying to provide some insight. I know that if I said something to a person, hoping to be caring, but it came off otherwise, I would want to know - I want my words to follow my intentions.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 8:12:59 AM

Jas
I'm sorry to hear about the sleep probs. I wondered back when you first mentioned it if it could be postpartum depression? I really hesitate to say anything because there is such a stigma but a friend of mine had exactly that-just sleep issues and started an antidepressant and slept great. I really hope that it hasn't offended you-you sound like a positive upbeat down to earth person from your posts and I don't think you're a 'depressive' type but PPD is a chemical imbalance. The other mums have chimed in with great advice tho so I'll leave it there! I know I couldn't do 1 hrs sleep a night....! I'm glad you are getting the occasional good night too.
Hi Gemma12. Just wanted to respond to your post above. I have postpartum anxiety, and with the help of medication and counselling, I am coming out of a very difficult time.

I know your intention was nothing but caring in this post, but comments like 'not the depressive type' and offending people is a bit offensive. I am not really the 'depressive type' - positive, upbeat, always smiling. But that makes it even harder, in a weird way. And it is not offensive and there should not be a stigma - just like if you noted that someone should see a doc because their leg is broken, someone should see help if they are not mentally feeling well.

Tacori - I saw your post and re-read my post above - I don't think I was offside here. I made a very clear point to say I knew Gemma's intentions were caring, and that I was just trying to clarify some comments about ppd. My point was to raise awareness - a lot of people don't know how to deal with mental illness issues, and I was trying to provide some insight. I know that if I said something to a person, hoping to be caring, but it came off otherwise, I would want to know - I want my words to follow my intentions.
LC, since you want to know if your words are following your intentions, I want to say... I interpreted your post to Gemma the exact same way Tacori did. It just came across (to me) as harsh and condescending. I am writing as somebody who has been treated for major depression for over 15 years, as well as earning 2 graduate degrees in Counseling Psychology... and found nothing offensive about her post whatsoever. I know you feel there should not be a stigma around mental health, but the truth is, there IS one... so Gemma was trying her hardest to be helpful while simultaneously remaining conscious of that stigma. Not perpetuating it, just being aware of it... which is essential in effectively reaching people. But publicly chastising somebody who is just trying to help... not the most effective way of communicating, IMHO.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
So I just made it through the last few pages of mommy/preggo updates... PHEW!! As always, lots going on in this thread!! I wish I could commit everything to memory automatically to use as a reference in a few more months.
1.gif
Ella''s babies teething, Tessa crawling... it''s hard not to read that and suddenly imagine myself posting those same things a year or so from now! I swear, I get a better dose of reality from this thread than I do from my own growing tummy, sometimes.
9.gif

And speaking of, it''s definitely growing! I''ll have to take another pic soon... officially 23 weeks today! I keep asking DH, "Do you think people can tell??" and he looks at me like I''m crazy and says "Um, yeah. They can tell." Our usually very-jolly doorman did look at me QUITE seriously yesterday as he handed me my mail and said gruffly, "So... you gonna be a mother soon??" which made me laugh to myself the whole way up the elevator... haha.

We just did all our apartment rearranging to create a "nursery nook" for Baby Lyla! Her furniture won''t arrive for a while, but I am LOVING the new layout. Curly, I''m really hoping the nursery-in-the-main-living-area thing works out as well as yours did, because it really does fit beautifully in here. But we''ll have her in our bedroom at first, and can always adjust as needed down the road... I''m flexible. Usually.
2.gif

My new big hormonal concern is about how much I''m going to miss all the 1-on-1 time, just me and DH! We''ve been together over 5 years, so we''ve had lots of "us time" over the years... but I love those times!!
39.gif
I just have this fear of never again being able to spend the evening just snuggled together on the couch peacefully watching TV, or holding hands and being silly and talking about nothing for an hour before falling asleep at night. Obviously I knew going into this that things would change significantly, I''m just really hoping to maintain SOME of our current closeness even after adding a third, rather demanding person into the mix. Any suggestions from the veteran mommies out there? DH says we''ll just have to look forward to 20+ years from now when our house is empty again... ha.

Also, I''m sure this has been discussed before, but just hoping to get some thoughts... anyone using/planning on cloth diapers? We try to be as environmentally conscious as possible so this seems like a "practice what you preach" kind of opportunity... it''s just a bit intimidating to get started! There are so many different options. I''ve found a lot of great websites for info, so I''ve been researching like crazy (as usual)... just hoping for some first-hand experiences (or even second-hand, if you know any friends/family who do it!) Thanks, PSers!!
30.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:21:51 AM
Author: ephemery1

LC, since you want to know if your words are following your intentions, I want to say... I interpreted your post to Gemma the exact same way Tacori did. It just came across (to me) as harsh and condescending. I am writing as somebody who has been treated for major depression for over 15 years, as well as earning 2 graduate degrees in Counseling Psychology... and found nothing offensive about her post whatsoever. I know you feel there should not be a stigma around mental health, but the truth is, there IS one... so Gemma was trying her hardest to be helpful while simultaneously remaining conscious of that stigma. Not perpetuating it, just being aware of it... which is essential in effectively reaching people. But publicly chastising somebody who is just trying to help... not the most effective way of communicating, IMHO.
Whatever....
20.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 5:27:46 PM
Author: Bobo ^__*
question to the moms...does your baby react to the vaccines?

little B. received his four months vaccines yesterday and he is having a bad reaction to it. Fever of 101 that won''t go away, vomiting, won''t sleep (DH and I only got 1 hour of sleep last night) He is so not himself that I cried with him the whole night.

Took him back to the pedi today and the doctor said it''s probably reaction to the vaccines. I asked him how come he wasn''t like that when he got his 2 months vaccine (at the old pedi) the doctor said it''s probably different batch or from different manufacture.

We both stay home today since non of use got any sleep last night, hope his fever will subside soon...
Miller didn''t have a reaction to vaccines until the 1 year one - which is different stuff, and he had mini chicken poxes. My advise from friends was to give Tylenol before and after, and I have always done that - it seems to help. However, it sounds like poor little B is really hurting, so I would continue to monitor the fever (record the fevers and times taken, the times/amount of vomiting, etc. - detailed records can really help the doc) and go back to the pedi if you are still worried.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 10:21:51 AM
Author: ephemery1
Date: 6/11/2008 8:12:59 AM

Jas
I''m sorry to hear about the sleep probs. I wondered back when you first mentioned it if it could be postpartum depression? I really hesitate to say anything because there is such a stigma but a friend of mine had exactly that-just sleep issues and started an antidepressant and slept great. I really hope that it hasn''t offended you-you sound like a positive upbeat down to earth person from your posts and I don''t think you''re a ''depressive'' type but PPD is a chemical imbalance. The other mums have chimed in with great advice tho so I''ll leave it there! I know I couldn''t do 1 hrs sleep a night....! I''m glad you are getting the occasional good night too.

I know your intention was nothing but caring in this post, but comments like ''not the depressive type'' and offending people is a bit offensive. I am not really the ''depressive type'' - positive, upbeat, always smiling. But that makes it even harder, in a weird way. And it is not offensive and there should not be a stigma - just like if you noted that someone should see a doc because their leg is broken, someone should see help if they are not mentally feeling well.

Tacori - I saw your post and re-read my post above - I don''t think I was offside here. I made a very clear point to say I knew Gemma''s intentions were caring, and that I was just trying to clarify some comments about ppd. My point was to raise awareness - a lot of people don''t know how to deal with mental illness issues, and I was trying to provide some insight. I know that if I said something to a person, hoping to be caring, but it came off otherwise, I would want to know - I want my words to follow my intentions.

And I interpreted Gemma''s post as somewhat cringeworthy. Yes, it was clear she was acting with the best of intentions and a caring heart, but still her phrasing ("depressive personality", etc) was not the best. Addressing the issue directly by suggesting mental health screening just as one might have an x-ray on an injured limb might have been better than making a fuss over the possible stigma and the possible insult.

I know I don''t always get tone right (in person or online!) but I work to get it right and do appreciate it when it is politely pointed out that my words came off differently than intended. I didn''t see LC as personally attacking Gemma, and while others clearly felt her phrasing was harsh, I felt her actual comments on how Gemma''s post came across were valuable. Even people with the best of intentions can manage to say hurtful things on difficult topics when trying their best not to.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Kay, baby movements felt like buttery flutters in the beginning. Then it felt like twitches. It was always very low. Nothing painful though. This week I haven''t been feeling those twitches/strong movements. I think it''s a combination of my uterus/baby''s growth spurt and him moving up. Now the placenta is acting as a punching bag so I don''t feel as much. I can''t wait to feel more. I suspect that since your placenta is low, you''ll start feeling movements as she moves up.

eph, I am definitely having lots of growth too. In the past two weeks I''ve grown 2 inches around my belly. People are asking if I''m pregnant and I notice people looking at my belly now BEFORE my face. DH is having fun seeing my belly grow. He keeps saying "wow, it''s gotten so much bigger!" mixed with "aww, your belly is so cute!" I hear you on your hormonal concern. I''ve been feeling that way too. Even though we''ve been together over 8 years, I am going to miss just us! I know our little boy will be getting all the attention, hugs, and kisses!

lili, Jade is adorable!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2008 12:51:16 PM
Author: snlee

Kay, baby movements felt like buttery flutters in the beginning. Then it felt like twitches. It was always very low. Nothing painful though. This week I haven't been feeling those twitches/strong movements. I think it's a combination of my uterus/baby's growth spurt and him moving up. Now the placenta is acting as a punching bag so I don't feel as much. I can't wait to feel more. I suspect that since your placenta is low, you'll start feeling movements as she moves up.

eph, I am definitely having lots of growth too. In the past two weeks I've grown 2 inches around my belly. People are asking if I'm pregnant and I notice people looking at my belly now BEFORE my face. DH is having fun seeing my belly grow. He keeps saying 'wow, it's gotten so much bigger!' mixed with 'aww, your belly is so cute!' I hear you on your hormonal concern. I've been feeling that way too. Even though we've been together over 8 years, I am going to miss just us! I know our little boy will be getting all the attention, hugs, and kisses!

lili, Jade is adorable!
Snlee, I forgot to say congrats on your baby BOY!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. It's funny how I wanted a girl so badly, but now when I see little boys I feel wistful and think "oh well, maybe next time!" I think I'm just baby-crazed in general.
9.gif
And that is so funny about people looking at your belly before your face... I JUST noticed that for the first time this week! It does depend on what I wear... I've been able to hide the bump somewhat until recently (for therapy intakes, I try to keep myself as neutral-looking as possible rather than having a big ole' belly staring potential new clients in the face)... but now there is definitely no hiding it!
6.gif
5.gif
You need to post an updated belly shot soon too!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...okay...interesting
20.gif

emp & Snlee, the first 4 months you won''t have much time with DH b/c when you aren''t taking care of baby you are sleeping/eating/showering/going to the bathroom. But now that T goes to sleep at 7 it works out great for us. We can still hang out, eat, and watch TV together. So don''t worry!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
RECALL ALERT: All this I got from parents.com...

"Kids II Inc. recalled about 15,000 Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Soothing Seascape Crib Toys

Bassettbaby recalled about 550 Wendy Bellissimo Hidden Hills Collection Cribs (sold exclusively at Babies "R" Us stores nationwide from November 2007 through February 2008) after discovering that the space between the spindles on some cribs failed to meet federal standards and posee an entrapment hazard to infants.

Simmons Kids, a division of The Simmons Manufacturing Co., recalled about 20,000 Simmons Kids Crib Mattresses (sold at Pottery Barn Kids and nursery furniture retailers from July 2006 through May 2008) after discovering that some of the mattresses could measure smaller than the minimum width requirement for cribs. This created a gap between the mattress and some crib side rails, which posed an entrapment hazard to infants.

Munchkin Inc. recalled about 5,000 Deluxe Bottle and Food Warmers (sold at various retailers nationwide and in the company''s catalog from June 2007 through April 2008) after discovering that the bottle and food warmers could overheat, posing a fire hazard.

L G Sourcing, Inc. recalled about 84,000 Children''s Storage Bins (sold at Lowe''s retail outlets nationwide from March 2007 through February 2008) after discovering that paint on the bins could contain excessive levels of lead.

Beco Baby Carrier Inc. recalled about 2,000 Beco Baby Butterfly Carriers (sold at specialty retail stores nationwide and Internet sites from January 2008 through February 2008) after discovering that the buckles on the carrier shoulder straps could unexpectedly lose tension, causing the strap to slip through and posing a fall hazard for baby.

Ellaroo LLC recalled about 1,200 Ring Sling Baby Carriers (sold at children''s and department stores nationwide and online, including BabiesRUs.com, from June 2007 through February 2008) because the aluminum rings on the sling carriers could bend or break, causing the fabric to slip through the rings and infants to fall out of the carrier.

Combi USA, Inc. voluntarily recalled about 67,000 Centre, Centre ARB, and Shuttle seats and travel systems (manufactured from October 2005 through December 2007) because the car seat could potentially become separated from its base in high-impact side collisions.

Evenflo Company, Inc. voluntarily recalled about one million Discovery Infant Car Seats (manufactured from April 2005 through January 2008) because the car seat could potentially become separated from its base in high-impact side collisions.

Munire Furniture Inc. recalled about 24,000 Majestic Curved Top and Flat Top cribs, and Essex, Brighton/Sussex, and Captiva Cribs (sold at specialty juvenile product stores nationwide from November 2005 through November 2007) because the crib mattresses can''t be moved to the lowest position, allowing babies to climb over the railing and fall out.

Bassettbaby recalled 18 Wendy Bellissimo Hidden Hills Collection drop-side cribs (sold at Babies "R" Us stores nationwide from November 2007 through January 2008) because the spindles on the drop-side of the crib could loosen, creating a gap that posed an entrapment and strangulation hazard to infants.

Shims Bargain Inc. recalled about 45,000 "BabyTown" pacifiers (sold in a 4-pack of assorted colors at dollar stores nationwide from March 2004 through December 2007) because the pacifiers posed a choking hazard to infants."

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Thanks for the recall info. That seems like sooo much stuff to have been recalled....what a PITA for those who have this stuff...thank goodness I don''t have any of it.
3.gif

emp and snlee~I echo what Tacori said...Tayva goes to bed around 7 so that''s when DH and I spend time together, not to mention the nights we have his mom watch T while we go out to dinner, ect.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
oh, and Lili~ARDORABLE 2 mo pic!! Your J has soo much hair, Tayva is getting jealous!! T is JUST starting to get more hair. I can''t wait to see what it looks like in a couple months, as hers is coming in a little curly!
21.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
lili: what a beautiful 2 mo picture!

Eph: you will find time with your dh again. for us, it tends to improve at the 2yr mark. but my dh is great about making date night and we go out alone about once a week. grandparents are the best babysitters. love them. but we also have other sitters, and we do trade with friends for sitting favors. works well.

I am so bad. Delaney fell asleep on my lap last night while having her bedtime bottle, and she was so snuggly that I just nuzzled her while I watched tv. Well, she was so warm & yummy that i just took her to bed with me. DH would be ticked (but he''s outta town), since we endured a week of CIO after her illness (where she slept with us) but sometimes I just wanna hold my baby while she''s still a baby. And she''s so cute. In the night, if she''s not on me, she''s wiggle over till she finds me and curl up against me. sigh....bliss!!!!

Here''s a little sunshine for everyone...

P1030829.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
who is this elmo character and what does he want from me?

P1030912.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oops....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
here we go! decided she likes elmo!

P1030914.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, love the new photo. She is so cute.

Burk, I have the storage bins. PITA. I really liked them too. Oh well. Better safe than sorry.

Diver, SOOO cute!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, the stuff u miss on this thread when you step away for a day or two

First to Gemma and LC
I personally don''t feel offended by either of you
3.gif

Gemma, thanks for your concern. I wondered about PPD as well, even tho i don''t feel sad the sleep issue is hard to deal with and could lead to that. i am very reluctant to take meds while nursing so i ''ve been trying to cope with more natural methods (accupucture and relaxation techniques) and i am happy to report things are getting better. My doc brushes it all off as hormones that are still wacky after birth and says quite a few women go thru it PP. I am not sure it''s the whole picture (i am sure some of it is anxiety related as i have had some mild anxiety in the past) but i am not going to ignore it if it gets worse.
LC--i know what you were trying to say and i totally appreciate how you were just trying to express your view as well. I would not have know about PP anxiety had it not been for your posts, so that is what got me thinking about other treatment options. IMO there was an over-reaction to your post. I think we all just try to help one another on this thread and i appreciate it.

Eph--I worried about ''couple time'' as well. Charlie and I just celebrated our 12 year (dating) anni.yesterday
9.gif
and even tho we''ve had years of ''us time'' i was scared it would disappear for good. Believe me when i say you''ll hardly care the first couple months of motherhood. we are just now spending a few hours here and there cuddling etc. again and as Tacori mentioned, you will find time in the evenings.
RE cloth diapers: I use Fuzzi Bunz and they are great. i must admit i am not using them all the time, mostly just at home during the day. He is still pooping a lot so i don''t have enough of them to use 24/7 and the first few weeks i did not use them at all b/c they were too big and if you are BF you''ll be going thru dozens of diapers a day (little yellow poops every hour it seemed) so i couldn''t keep up. Now Cohen has around 3 big poops a day and it''s more managable. Let me know if you have any questions. I also use cloth wipes instead of paper ones and they save a lot of waste.
Yay for finally showing! Enjoy this time and take lots of pics. the difference b/w 23 and 40 wks is incredible and you''ll luv looking back at the pics.

Lili--Ahh, Jade is just gorgeous!!!

Diver--that description of D snuggling up beside you made me melt, i don''t blame you for bed sharing! I hope my boy will want to cuddle with me some time. He''s just now starting to crane his neck and smile when he hears my voice and is being held by someone else--that alone makes me warm and fuzzy.

Cohen news--he''s just about laughing out loud. He gives me a big mouth grin and then a small sound but it hasn''t fully burst out yet--sooo cute. He''s such a happy little bug. he''s napping SO much better now which is terrific. I can usually get him down for 3 short naps during the day. His nighttime sleeping is the same--nowhere near as good as miss amelia''s, but i''ll take it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results