carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 5:15:10 PM
Author: divergrrl
Curlygirl: oooooh exciting!!! I can''t believe you are so close! Wow....I know that ''hanging on every twinge feeling''. Check in often so we don''t wonder about you. Do you know what you are having, or do you prefer the big surprise?

Tacori: Ugh..I remember those nosebleeds, I didn''t get them this time, but I did with Jake. Freaked me out, but according to my OB...no biggie. Ouchie on your tailbone pain, that sounds less than pleasant. How far was your flight from Vegas? Its a 2hr flight from Portland.

Dani: I will never forget how amazed I was by the labor & delivery nurses when I had my son. First off, I was under the impression the DOCTOR delivered my baby. Yeah, right, he showed up at the last round after I''d been pushing for awhile & was in and out of there in 45 minutes (I was lucky....not a lot of pushing). But my nurses? Yeah...that''s who helped me labor all those hours. Rockstars. And then the way you folks handle the babies....at first I was like ''wait! He''s not a football'' but then we realized the nurses were just used to handling new babies. Unlike me, I couldn''t even do his first bath at 10 days because I was afraid I''d drop him.
20.gif
Seems like a fun job. Do you like it?????

ooohhh baby rolling around in there...love this part the best.

later ladies...I''m off to make yet ANOTHER salad (with citrus vinaigrette of course).

Diver

Hi Diver!!!

Thanks! Everything you said is so true- I NEVER realized how much work the nurses did until I actually started working as one....My job is very mentally and physically demanding, but yes, I do enjoy it very much. Its very rewarding knowing that everyday you go to work you make major impacts on people''s lives. I cant even count how many letters, cards, etc I get from my patients thanking me for everything I did for them....its AMAZING!!!! Most people are so nice and appreciative, the patients are what make the job worth it for me....I truly enjoy working with them!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Curly, you are too cute!!!! I have seen alot, yes definitely, especially at the hospital I work at. Like I said though, I really do enjoy my job- its extremely rewarding!!!

I am totally always around if you need anything- page me if I can help you at all...I would love to come into NYC and take care of you, but dont think they will let me do that!!
2.gif
I can''t wait to hear about your experience- I love to hear what other hospitals are doing ( especially in NYC). When I first finished school, I came very close to taking a job in the city, but in the end I found that the extra money in pay wouldnt even be worth the commuting costs everyday along with the headaches that go with that!!!
But I truly do wish you the best of luck- maybe this summer we can have a PS get-together and you can bring the little chickee with you!!!!
2.gif
You and your hubby must be so very excited!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Curlygirl - How fun and exciting that you are so close! I guess if you go away for a bit we know what happened!

Tacori - I have had a few nose bleeds too. Freaked me out the first time because I wasnt doing anything but sitting at my desk! Glad you had a nice trip! How did you do with the take offs/landings? Those were what made me turn ill. Oh, and I dont think crying to the radio will stop! I constantly do it and find it SO annoying... I just want to sing!
3.gif

Dani - Very cool you are a L&D nurse! DH was born in NJ, but somewhere in south Jersey. That must be so cool to see so many babies born.

So Diver, Tacori - Have you started to pick out things? Furniture, paint, etc. Are you going to reuse most of your thing Diver?

MsFlutter - We need an update on you too!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
njc: I AM picking out lots of stuff... I''ll reuse my son''s crib, changing table, glider & then all the gear/basinet/baby carseat/swings/playmats/slings etc. But I can''t reuse his bedding (his room is a "fishing cabin theme", lots of squirrels, trout, bears, done up in browns & pine greens) or his clothing since he dresses like such a boy. (but i did go through all his boxes of clothing & there were a ton of white onesies, sleeping gowns, & rompers that actually look more girly than boyish, so I am keeping those)

I''m in love with the "Cherry Blossom" bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. (I''m going to get the big girl bedding now as well as the crib stuff..I''ve never seen prettier & pbk discontinues patterns after a year or so, basically, you have to get it while you can...)

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/fd2640_1/index.cfm?pkey=cbdgnbd%7Cb

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romgir/romgirche/index.cfm

I''m pretty sure I''m going to paint her room a super duper pale pale pale sage green (right now her ceiling is a dark wood "A" frame with great beams) and I''m having that painted antique white & DH is redoing all the trim upstairs (we have a 100 yr old house & its got a lot of old world charm--but the last owners put thin moulding everywhere & we''ve systematically replaced it all with big fat craftsman circa 1904 moulding). and then her bedding, curtains, rug, etc...will be shades of pink, sage & white.

I found an adorable antique chandelier to hang from her ceiling....it is shabby chic white with pale green leaves & pink flowers & little crystal bobeches hanging off it....soooo cute...(and dirt cheap! I scored on that one! This cute little clothing boutique in my neighborhood has them)

I am redo-ing my son''s bedroom. I scored the Athletics bedding from PotteryBarnKids (new) half price on ebay.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romboy/romboyath/index.cfm

( I have that same seller trying to find me the cherry blossom stuff if she can...she has half of it...she must work there or live near an outlet, because I get all my good pottery barn buys from her brand new) So I''m having his room repainted light/dark blue & my dad is going to paint this great mission style bed we have a dark red to match his dresser. It''ll be cool. (my dad is a wizard with the spray gun...he puts some chemical in the paint to make it lay down. God Bless the handy dads & dh)

I''m hoping to get my son in his big boy bed this summer (he''s 27 months now) but I won''t rush it. Since the kids rooms are upstairs & on the other end of the house, I had my son sleep in his bassinet next to my bed until he was 5 months old....I will most likely do the same with little girl....easier to feed at night that way & if he''s still attached to his crib when she gets here, he won''t be in for a rude awakening.

Yeah....

I''m not excited or anything!! LOL

I''m done being a dork now.

Jeannine aka diver

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, diver, I LOVE the idea of an antique chandelier in a little girl''s room! So sweet! Have you seen C&B kid''s page? I think it is called the land of nod. They have cute stuff too. Are you getting a bumper? I heard you can only use them for the first 3 months.

Njc, I picked out my crib but we haven''t bought anything. I will probably wait until after my showers to see what is left. We are getting DH''s childhood furniture and are going to paint it black (I want a black crib much to my mom and MIL''s dismay). Obviously everything will be unisex since we aren''t going to find out the sex (which will be helpful for future kids). The thing we bought was a baby harley t-shirt in vegas. Landings & take-offs were hard but not too bad. I just got really stiff on the plane. We had a great time but it was strange to know I won''t be back there for a *long* time. My MIL was excited that today is the last day of 12 weeks b/c now she can start buying stuff
3.gif
I think she wanted to wait until I was "out of the woods," so she set the 12 week mark. It''s the first grandchild (for probably awhile too) so I am sure it will be spoiled. What about you? Have you "popped" yet?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I bought a set that included a bumper with Jake & was too freaked out to ever use it. (scared to death of SIDS) Of course it looked GREAT in photos while I was getting the nursery ready. LOL. But anything that can keep carbon monoxide floating around their little heads is too much of a risk for me. (and I even have the Angel Care Monitor that sounds a VERY LOUD alarm if they stop breathing for more than 20 seconds...there is a sensor under the crib mattress)

But I think all 1st time moms buy a bumper, they just look so snazzy. You''ll know if you are comfortable or not with it. I never was, so I didn''t. And PBKids sells their bedding in pieces, so that''s $80 I don''t have to spend!!

I think black cribs are soooo chic looking. I love them. Have fun being spoiled, my son is the only grandchild everyone is still ga-ga over him.

Also, congrats on hitting the 12 week mark! whoooohoooo.....you should be feeling good soon. And yes, I''ve popped...I look like I swallowed one of these dang grapefruits I''ve been chowing down on whole. LOL!

Have a great sunday, I''m off to put Jake down for a nap & help DH clean up our flower beds.

Diver.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
You guys have me all excited with all of this baby room decorating talk. I swear it''s so bad of me, but, I only think of wanting another child when I think of decorating the nursery. I have to remind myself that a baby is a person, not just an excuse to decorate. Here''s a FAB site http://www.poshtots.com/ I thought of Tacori''s blk furniture! Love it!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda so cute but so expensive! I don''t know if I could talk DH into it. But I found this other site on there. What do you think of this? Too plain? Maybe I could get them to make a striped bed skirt instead of plain white.

pericrib.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like this one too but it has navy & brown which I feel like will clash with the black....These are from javisdavis.com

mosaiccrib.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is fun too. I think the bright colors would look great against the black.

riocrib.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Diver - When I said you would reuse most things I meant the big things like the crib and what not. I LOVE the cherry blossom stuff and your sons new bedding! Your kids rooms sound like a page straight from a catalog... too cool! How fabulous your dad and DH are so handy!

Tacori - I am drawn to the black furniture as well. I can see my mom not liking the black stuff too, but she would have to get over it if its what I wanted! Congrats on 12 weeks... i started to feel better from there although I still have moments, but nothing like before! I have a sneaky feeling both gmoms are building up a secret stash of things for the baby! This will be gbaby #3 for my parents (but you wouldnt be able to tell from the way my mom is acting!), but #1 for the ILs. My niece and nephew are 9 and 7, so its been a while since there was a baby. I like the first crib you posted and agree that maybe a stipped bedskirt would look better!

Miranda - Thanks for the website... I think its all dangerous no matter what! I of course like the $$$$$ stuff!

I've looked at a few things, but havent come any where close to picking things. I'll think, thats nice or that would be cool, but I dont even bother writting it down or saving it. People ask us what we have done and all I can say is nothing, absolutely nothing! No names, no furniture, no clothes, nothing! I figure the next 2 months or so we will get in gear.

I am just starting to pop I guess. I'm looking less "fat" and more round baby-like I guess. All I know is I can still see my toes!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc, my mom said "black isn''t babylike!!!" Oh well. I like black furniture so she''ll just have to cringe whenever she sees it
3.gif
My MIL just gets REALLY quiet when she doesn''t like something and oh, she did. But they both respect my taste. I like more modern things.

Good news, I saw two friends today and they said I wasn''t showing yet!!!! It made me so happy!
9.gif
I know it is silly but I am only at the end of month three and I was so scared I was already showing even though I have only gained a couple lbs. Lately I have been feeling like its a girl. I guess we will know in 6 months!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all the moms-to-be with bloody snots, drown your sinuses with saline drops first before blowing your nose. Even though I''m no longer pregnant (just nursing), I frequently experience the same thing. Just squirt the saline as far up into your nose as possible, wait a while (or warm up the nose by running hot water all over your nostrils with your cupped hands), then blow your nose. This way, the nose bleeds will be minimal, the blowing less painful and it''ll get most of the junk out. You can get the saline over the counter at any pharmacy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Simply Saline. It comes in a can and sprays nicely in your nose. No drips.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Bloody noses: yeah, mine were actually bleeders. I''d be sitting there and feel warm stuff on my lip. Ewww...tg I don''t have it this time.

ok...can waiting for my amnio results be any more of a NAILBITER?! It could be tomorrow, it could be Friday, it could be Monday!! (they told me 10 days....but the peri who did the procedure said as many as 3 weeks....grrr....at least is CALENDAR days and not business days) It will be 10 days tomorrow. Argh Argh Argh. Well actually today, but I didn''t have my procedure until almost 5pm, so while it went right to the lab that night, I am not counting monday just to give myself a window.

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Well I worked out this week...I''m off to take #1 son on a walk to the library....maybe go by the grocery store and pick up some fresh fruit & salads. I love having all this stuff in walking distance of my house...its either a 2.5 or 3 mile round trip. Perfect.

later!

Divergrrl

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The waiting is the worst, I remember waiting for my results. I hope you get your''s soon, and that all is well!!!
1.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Seems like all the mommies to be are doing well
1.gif

It''s more fun for me to see other moms excited to decorate the nursery, wash & put all the clothes away, etc than it was for myself. I didnt like doing any of that stuff.

I got bloody noses during my pregnancy & a stuffy nose that didnt go away until the day I had my daughter.

The amnio process is something hopefully I wont have to do again because it was not a good experience overall. I remember they came back with preliminary results a few days after the test & the final results a week or 2 later.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Diver, i know the waiting is the WORST!!! i hope they get the results to you soon. i''ve never had an amnio but had all the other routine tests and always hated waiting for those results.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone...I''m not a good waiter...I am "she of little patience" to begin with.

Vegas Angel: I had a horror flick experience with my amnio too...ugh...go back a page & its there....I hope you don''t have to have one either. I should have opted for the Integrated Screen instead and then decided from those results (Nuchal Translucency ultrasound at 10 weeks + 2 sets of blood work & has a really high rate of accuracy by combining those results--plus, other than getting a blood draw, its non-invasive). My OB was against it, cuz its new & he''s kind of old school...plus he said since I''m almost 37, why torture myself with chances of false positives. Oh well, what''s done is done & now I will have conclusive answers.

I asked for the preliminary results (I think they call it FiSH) but they told me its a) too expensive and b) labor intensive to order for every patient. They only order if *if* they see something indicating a birth defect on the ultrasound that day. Fortunately, she looked good on the u/s, so that was reassuring.

oooh hey! my dh just came home early! I guess I get a few hours with him before he takes off to San Fran for work. Yipee!! (and I can make him carry the laundry downstairs..hee hee)

Diver

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
divergrrl: FISH thats it, I forgot it even had a name. I didnt even know that I would be getting FISH results until they called me.

Honestly I think I would have been out cold if they would have stuck me more than once, really. Your experience really is/was much more unnerving than mine. My amnio was horrible for me because of the way my body reacted to the procedure (Puking, contractions) it took me over 2 weeks to feel normal again. 4 or 5 tries i''m serious I would have had a heart attack. Anyway I hope you get great news soon!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Jeannine, any word yet? I hope you get some good news soon!!!! If I get pregnant again, I will probably only do the nuchal, the big ultrasound and the amnio. I had a "false positive" on the AFP test and that''s why I did the amnio. My ultrasound showed no issues and fortunately, the amnio came back all clear but those moments of stress and fear are not good for anyone. I hope your results are perfect and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

I''m still here waiting for progress! Went to the doctor today and I''m fingertip dilated which is really nothing but I guess it''s better than last week when it was completely closed. She said I will not be having this baby in the next week though, which is fine with me as long as everything is ok and I''m not totally uncomfortable. I don''t really want her to come early if she''s not ready--let her keep cooking until she''s done! But I don''t want to go over either because then I''ll get impatient and overly anxious!! So I''ll just sit and wait and keep myself busy. I''m still working, going to the gym, walking every day--hopefully it will only help me during the actual labor.

How''s everyone else doing??

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 5:14:27 PM
Author: curlygirl
Jeannine, any word yet? I hope you get some good news soon!!!! If I get pregnant again, I will probably only do the nuchal, the big ultrasound and the amnio. I had a ''false positive'' on the AFP test and that''s why I did the amnio. My ultrasound showed no issues and fortunately, the amnio came back all clear but those moments of stress and fear are not good for anyone. I hope your results are perfect and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

I''m still here waiting for progress! Went to the doctor today and I''m fingertip dilated which is really nothing but I guess it''s better than last week when it was completely closed. She said I will not be having this baby in the next week though, which is fine with me as long as everything is ok and I''m not totally uncomfortable. I don''t really want her to come early if she''s not ready--let her keep cooking until she''s done! But I don''t want to go over either because then I''ll get impatient and overly anxious!! So I''ll just sit and wait and keep myself busy. I''m still working, going to the gym, walking every day--hopefully it will only help me during the actual labor.

How''s everyone else doing??
Dilation/effacement isnt an accurate indicator of when you will go into into labor. I had my last appt. on a Friday & was closed tight as can be-not even a tip of a finger my water broke 12:30am Sunday & had my daughter @ 8:07am
emwink.gif
Just enjoy the last few days & get lots of rest you''re going to need it.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Curlygirl...exciting! I can''t wait for you to have this baby! Only baby knows when baby will get here. Little stinkers!

Vegas...yeah...its an *icky* procedure. I''m just glad it''s my one and only time doing it. (I was 34 when son was born) I''m done after this baby (someone''s gettin'' fixed!) so I can worry about other things....like them turning into teenagers & getting driver licenses! eeeek!

Amnio results: MAYBE tomorrow. Big fat maybe. I have a hair appt late in the afternoon, so if I do hear I won''t post till tomorrow evening after 5pm, PST. Gee...takes forever and a day.

Well I taught a salsa cardio class tonight & surprised myself at how well it went. I danced like I normally do when not pregnant, so that was good. I was afraid since it had been about 5 months since my last dance class that I''d be all, ya know, weird. LOL. Of course, I look rounder--hee hee. But that''s ok, its a belly, I like rubbing it like a buddha.

Comfy sleep to all tonight!

Diver

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver,
sorry I am late, but congrats on finding out you are having a girl. Very exciting
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver,
Just checking in to see if there is any news from your amnio. The waiting must be a PITA.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
GOOD NEWS!! Finally got the results an hour ago!! Wow! Waiting was TORTURE!

She''s just fine! Chromosomes where they should be, no defects that they can tell. whoo ohoooooo! (cabbage patching over here) And she''s really, and truly a GIRL. No doubts.

Bring on the pink!

How are all the pregos today?

Diver

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news Diver!!!
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news Diver, woohoo!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m so happy for you. It''s the best feeling in the world to get those wonderful results and to know FOR SURE you''re having a girl!!!! WOOOHOOOOO, now you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and start shopping for all that adorable pink stuff--it''s an addiction, I''m telling you! DH told me to calm down on buying the clothes so I switched to accessories! There are so many adorable hats, hair clips, head bands, leg warmers, etc. out there, it''s very dangerous!!!! Enjoy yourself and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Curlygirl...I know! and Gymboree just opened a HUGE outlet by my house. eeek!

My son was born with a full head of dark dark hair...he''s been having monthly hair cuts since he was 8 mos old. Wonder if little Delany will have lots of hair too?

How are you feeling? We are getting nearer with your due date aren''t we?

Jeannine

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results