color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Yay Mayerling! Isn't that feeling just the best?!? :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Preggos!!! I know some of you know Steal from Pricescope and she is such a sweet and wonderful PS'er I wanted to let you know she had a baby girl! Momma and baby are doing great and both are so happy!!! I am so incredibly happy :bigsmile: for them and wanted to share the Wonderful News :appl: :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire|1330287501|3135069 said:
Yay Mayerling! Isn't that feeling just the best?!? :love: :love:

I couldn't stop smiling and giggling :appl:. And it was great that DH was able to feel them too!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Katy :appl: :appl:

Skippy|1330287684|3135075 said:
Hi Preggos!!! I know some of you know Steal from Pricescope and she is such a sweet and wonderful PS'er I wanted to let you know she had a baby girl! Momma and baby are doing great and both are so happy!!! I am so incredibly happy :bigsmile: for them and wanted to share the Wonderful News :appl: :appl:

Skippy, are you kidding?! That is amazing news!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Katy and Steal!!!!! :appl: :appl: What a baby boom!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Katy! Can't wait to hear how you and your little girl are doing!

Wonderful news about Steal. I read her story on the TTC 6 months or more thead, and I always wondered what happened to her. What a blessing!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Skippy123 said:

Oh wow I am so happy to hear this!!! Please pass on my congrats Skippy - I remember her so well and am delighted to hear her good news :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Katy- Many, many congrats to you! Can't wait to hear the details... hope you're feeling well! Your daughter's name is darling, too!

AMC- glad you're feeling better and that it doesn't seem to be anything serious.

Steal- If you're lurking, CONGRATULATIONS! If not, Skippy, will you pass on my congrats? I remember her story from the TTC & TTC6+mth thread... what wonderful news!

Monarch- No insight re: birth plans, but I'm enjoying reading the responses. I've heard of plans that were pages and pages, and then some that were short- just a few main goals/needs/desires. I imagine a bulleted list of things is easiest to read, with the most important bits of info at the top of the list? Or... in chronological order (thoughts on laboring, pushing, post-birth) with key ideas bolded?

Mayerling- Woohoo for movement!!!! That's so fun! It's awesome that you and your DH felt them for the first time in the same day... I can't wait for that moment :love:

AFM- Wanting red wine. A pinot noir. I wouldn't feel guilty about a small glass, but it makes DH uncomfortable... he is out trying to find me the "best" N/A wine and beer. Ha. I'm expecting disgusting results but will report back on my findings. He is great for attempting this, but gosh, I'm just craving a taste of a good wine. ...Just heard his car door. Can't wait to see what he found! :rolleyes:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
STEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN AWESOME BLESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy, thank you so much for sharing!!!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal!!!!!! Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Steal! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PPM, it's such an amazing feeling. It's also helping me adjust to the idea that there's a little boy in there. I know you have an anterior placenta too, but since you're just a week behind me you should be feeling some movement soon.

NEL, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm slowly coming around to the idea, though I imagine I won't really adjust until my little man is here.

Monarch, I don't have much to advise in terms of birth plans. I haven't actually given mine much thought. I have some preferences - or should I say demands ;-) - but at the moment it's just scattered thoughts in my head.

AMC, are you feeling okay now?

Phoenixgirl, you're almost there. How are you feeling today?

And how's everyone else that I haven't mentioned?

AFM, 20w5d today and really enjoying finally being able to feel little kicks here and there; I just sneezed and he doesn't seem to like it very much. I've also started making enquiries about having the baby back home so fingers crossed for that. Also, a friend who's 28 weeks and also expecting a boy has said she'd like to go baby shopping with me which is great. We've provisionally said we'd go Weds of next week and I can't wait; I'm totally in nesting mode.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Mayerling - Yay! Exciting news! Friday I was able to see my belly moving with the kicks. So funny to watch. It's almost a queasy feeling though watching your stomach move like that!

AFM, went shopping with my mom this weekend. We bought some cheapie baby clothes at the Goodwill and another consignment shop. She also brought up a huge bag of baby clothes she bought on her own for less than $1 a piece. She said "I couldn't help myself, I wanted something different so I bought a couple BLUE outfits too!" She said it was so cheap we'll just give it away if we have a girl! Oh and I bought a body pillow too. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on one of those pregnancy pillows and this one worked.

Oh and sorta funny, but rude at the same time comment from my boss at work. My co-worker told me this conversation they had.
My co-worker and my boss were in his office and he says to her "how come pregnant women don't wear big baggy clothes anymore? They're always so tight" obviously referring to me because I'm the only pregnant one here! Like I'm doing something wrong. I think I dress nicely. What an idiot. Just because the freakin wind could blow him away (he's only like 125 pounds and 5'5") doesn't mean he needs to talk like that. I guess he thinks overweight people should always wear baggy clothes too. Why was he looking...and why does he care??? Gross. I told her I was going to come in wearing a big baggy sweatshirt and go in his office and ask "Is this better???" She begged me not to because I'd throw her under the bus and he's know she told me what he said. Ahhh the stuff I deal with at work! :roll:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will for sure pass on the Congratulations to Steal and her baby girl!!! thank you :wavey: I am over the moon for her!!!

Katy, CONGRATS, so happy for you momma!!! :appl:

May, yay for baby kicks, those are the best!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Katy and welcome Madeline!

Skippy, thanks for the update on Steal, how wonderful for her!

Missy, my MIL and DH's aunt were just commenting on that phenomenon of pregnant ladies not dressing in tents any more this weekend too. I think it's still hard for older people to wrap their heads around it.

mayerling, how exciting to be feeling kicks finally!

PPM, awww, sorry about the wine cravings! I tried a alcohol free wine for the first time this weekend (only b/c my MIL had purchased it for me, I drink a small glass of real wine at home) and it was...not good. But I think there are some decent ones out there (I remember megumic mentioning one a while ago), hope your DH found one.

Monnie, thanks for bringing up the birth plan questions, hope you can figure yours out relatively easily.

PG, love your list of questions, thanks for sharing! I'm hoping for a leap day baby for you, just because I think it would be so cool to have that birthday!

amc, glad it was nothing serious, hope you are doing well.

AFM, 23w3d today. We spent the weekend with MIL for her birthday and I am exhausted! We didn't actually do much up there but just the traveling (about 3.5 hours each way) plus not being around the house to get regular weekend stuff done always leaves me drained. Plus she's kind of a downer talking about baby stuff...every time it seems I mention something we are planning on doing, she either has a negative reason it won't work, or just mentions her favorite proverb..."man plans, God laughs." So...I should stop planning then? She also got on my case about not having a baby registry up for her to start "window shopping" yet. I'm only 5 months along and we have mentioned to her many times that we are borrowing a lot of stuff so we don't plan on registering for much. But now I'm all stressed that we don't have the registry together yet...I'm not behind, am I? But she did pull out some baby pictures of DH on my request as well as a baby outfit of his she saved (and randomly, one baby shoe). So not all bad, I'm trying to shake off my residual bad mood from the weekend now but it's hard on a Monday!

Hope everyone I missed is doing well and starting the week off on a good note!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Steph- sorry your weekend with MIL wasn't too fun. Weekends away from home drain me too, especially come Sunday when nothing was done around the house. Throughout this pregnancy though I've had the "I'll just wait until NEXT weekend to do xyz." So lazy of me, but I feel drained. Re: registry I was hoping (because of what I read online- US) that we would register after the anatomy scan at 22 weeks. However, we went to the different stores to look and they all suggest to wait until 2,maybe 3, months out because "no one buys things until then." blah. I was really looking forward to that too! I guess circling items in a catalog will have to work for now.

Mayerling- you mention birthing "back home." Are you referring to the US? If you don't mind me asking- will you just be paying out of pocket or will you be covered by US insurance? We have considered heading to the US early to birth there for my sake, but with free health care here I feel like I should stay. Just wondering how your decision process for this has been.

AMC- glad it was nothing serious. I hope the pain eases up for you soon!

Hello to everyone else!! :wavey:

AFM: 23 weeks tomorrow! So, so happy and feel so grateful that things have progressed so smoothly. I am seriously looking forward to her being here. I can't believe I still have so much longer!

We spoke with the midwife today. Had a lot of questions answered about the hospital and labor and deliver. More to come when we start classes in April. I'm really looking forward to those! I am thinking I should watch the Baby Center classes before to get an idea. Has anyone watched those and found them helpful or a waste?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire, I'm not from the US; DH is. I'm from Europe, so yeah, there's no way I would consider having the baby in the US given that we have no healthcare there and we'd have to pay thousands out of pocket. In the EU, you can receive medical treatment anywhere on a european health card and have the country of residence cover the cost. This applies to all treatment, except planned treatment which is what a planned birth is. The option the UK offers is to get special permission to have a planned birth abroad and I'm about to apply for that.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
lizzy - How are you doing? Your anatomy scan is this week, right? Are you going to give in? Yes, I've been feeling the little guys for quite awhile. I have an anterior placenta so now that they've gotten bigger they're much easier to feel around the sides. DH even got to feel a kick last week!!

katy - Congrats again! I wonder if you were nesting because you knew that LO was on her way! I love the name Madeline, it was one of our two girl names we had picked out.

choro - I feel your pain on the standing too long. I'm only supposed to be on my feet for a total of around 2 hours a day. A few weeks ago I got on the bus to go home not realizing that there weren't any seats left! I get on at the last stop too so I couldn't get off after I realized my mistake and not a single (good-for-nothing) person offered me their seat. I was even next to the section of the bus where you're supposed to offer your seat to disabled people! Not that I carry a sign around saying, "Hello I'm pregnancy disabled" but it seemed pretty obvious to me!! I had to lie down as soon as I got home I was aching so bad. :((

monarch - My OB group/hospital had an actual birth plan that they gave us at 28 weeks. It was mostly general things that *could* be controlled. I remember one of the questions was your plan for pain meds, as in, do you want an epi as soon as possible, wait and see, or med-free. Those sorts of things. Needless to say, I didn't get it filled out and it didn't matter. Like the other ladies said, I think the most important thing is to make sure that your principles line up with those of your provider. At the end of the day they'll likely do what they're comfortable with.

china - You're so close to opening the envelope!!

steph - On good days I picture our house much like you described your friends. On weeks like this week, where O is sick and covered in poo most days, crying, and throwing things at me, I have a much bleaker outlook on the coming years!! :-o Do you ever go to the Baby Center groups? There's one for dealing with in-laws and it's out of control! I actually have great in-laws, all of my problems come from my family (sorry DH) so it's helpful for me to get perspective there. Not that I think your MIL is that bad or anything, you just might appreciate hearing about some really horrible ones!

S&I - Did you find out what's going on with the induction? I would be furious with my OB unless they had a valid reason they hadn't shared, and then I'd be furious that they hadn't shared! Our hospital gives the TDap before you're discharged (since you can't get it while pregnant).

PPM - Congrats on a girl! Did you have any luck getting your insurance to cover the blood test? It seems insurance companies are always slightly behind the times on what they'll cover.

PP - Isn't it so much fun to see the LO moving on the US? Our boys seemed to be waving at us, at least that's what I tell myself :love:

PG - Lots of dust to you! I really hope you're able to have the L&D that you really want (and that she's now head down!). It sounds like the IV fluids might really help. Those super special suites sound amazing!

LV - Get your hubby on board, you two make some beautiful babies! Just tell him that he owes the world another S :wink2: I know this is random, but if you have another I see you with a second girl!

Mannequin - Congrats on full term! I had the same doubts about gender the last time around! At our anatomy scan the tech didn't really show us O's boy bits so I was never really convinced. When I was admitted to the hospital and had an ultrasound I made them show me so I could feel certain while trying to name the LO!! I bet little W makes his appearance soon. It seems like everyone I know IRL finds out they're having a big baby and then they're suddenly in labor!

Lynnie - Hi mama!! So fun that we get to do this together again. Congrats on a little girl!! Do you think V has any idea what's going on? I know O doesn't. That's probably for the best :cheeky:

mayerling - Congrats on the boy. I felt let down at first when we found out that O was a boy, but I can't imagine anything else now. Boys really are the best. Everyone promises me that he'll be a mama's boy one day... that remains to be seen!

amc - Glad to hear that the trip to the ER was uneventful. That sounds scary!

missy - Your boss sounds like a real gem :rolleyes: This is one of the few times in my life I can be excited about a big belly, I'm not going to hide it! I don't think he was commenting on your weight, just showing his age!!

AFM - Like I said above, O has been sick all week with a GI virus that he was nice enough to give to me for the weekend. Poor DH had to take care of a sick LO and a sick mama! He's such a champ. I finally got around to uploading some pictures of the beans from our anatomy scan on Friday. Everything looked perfect. They both measured 12 ounces, and all anatomy accounted for and in the proper place. My cervix looked nice and long, and fluid levels were spot on. Yahoo!

The first picture was from our scan two weeks ago, they were sitting perfectly parallel to each other and looking at each other!

TwinABheads.JPG

TwinAprofile.JPG

TwinAfoot.JPG

TwinBprofile.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, awww, your boys are sooooo cute!! Yay for a great scan!!! :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, the twins seems so precious! :love:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite- oh my goodness those u/s pictures!! They are sooooo precious! I love the pics of the little legs and feet, etc. It's truly amazing they are able to see inside at something growing! Ahhh I love it! I tell myself she is waving at us too! Haha. Except last time she appeared to be hitting herself in the head! Silly girl.

Mayerling- sorry for not following better! I get it confused. I've been so anxious about delivering here in France and would like to be somewhere that speaks English. It's not looking like a possibility though unless we pay out of pocket at certain hospitals in Paris. I just ask out of hope that there is a way around it all. DH has read we could file US bills with the French healthcare and they would pay part, but it would still be thousands out of pocket.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, the mysterious pain is all but gone. I'm going to call my OB today,a s the nurse on Friday asked me to check in today. I'm hoping they will have me come in for an u/s or at least a doppler check. The ER doc didnt check the baby at all because he felt confident that whatever was going on wasn't the baby. Caused by the baby, maybe, but not an issue with the baby itself. I tend to agree, but would sure love some confirmation.

I forgot to mention, at my monthly appt last week I mentioned the arm numbness to the doc. She said it's carpal tunnel, another gift from the baby. She suggested I sleep with those super hot wrist guards on. I put it off, but after waking up last night with my entire arm/hand numb, I'm buying some today.

Hope everyone is doing well.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Katy, congrats on the arrival of Madeline! Can't wait to hear the birth story and see pics! Thanks for the update Freke!

Steal, congrats on the arrival of your baby girl! Thanks for posting Skippy!

PhG, nope - it wasn't a mix-up. My OB explained that she went ahead and scheduled it as soon as she saw in my notes that I started taking a pill to help with my creeping fasting blood sugar levels. She had told the nurse that she didn't have a chance to talk to me about it yet, but I guess the nurse forgot about that tidbit when she called. I hope you're already snuggling with your little girl by now, or at least getting really really close! Those special suites at your hospital sound divine! I just registered for a tour of the L&D and nursery parts of our hospital for this Saturday.

PPM, the classes are taught by my OB group, and the prices are pretty reasonable (although I really have nothing to compare their prices to). My sciatic pain on my right side seems to be getting worse, so I might have to find a prenatal massage or chiropractor soon. Other than that, I'm feeling fine, thanks for asking! I hope your DH was able to convince your insurance company to cover the blood tests. Sorry you've been feeling down at work, but I'm sure you're still a great teacher! How was the non-alcoholic wine?

mayerling, my OB's excuse was that she knew she'd eventually be seeing me in person and explaining her plans to me. Congrats on team BLUE! I had a similar reaction to you when we found out about our boy too, because deep down I really wanted a girl. I remember being a little sad because I thought girl clothes and shoes were so much cuter than boy stuff. It'll take some time to switch over, but you'll definitely start to embrace it way before he's due to meet you. Yay for feeling for-sure baby kicks! Isn't that the best?

MQ, yay for full-term! I totally understand about the rolling over in bed thing - I always end up grunting or making some noise to flip over, so much so that DH asks me if I'm okay. Aren't the sucking motions on the ultrasound just so cute? We got ours caught on DVD during our anatomy scan, and there was one point where he randomly opened up his mouth really wide - so funny! Wow, 8 pounds already? I guess that explains the measuring slightly big for 37 weeks? At my appointment on Friday, my high-risk doc said that they no longer induce for big babies, which was weird, since I thought they'd want to prevent babies from getting too big due to GD. Our baby is still really small even with my GD, so I was more worried about him being too small, especially since he's being evicted a week early. But my OB calmed me down by explaining that size doesn't necessarily correlate to maturity, as she's seen 4 pound babies that are fully developed, and 10 pound babies that still weren't fully developed yet. Let us know how your appointment goes today, and what your docs think about Weston's size!

choro, so sorry you had those early contractions. I had some painful ones around Christmas too. Have you thought about getting a pregnancy belt to give your belly some more support? The nurse suggested that for me, but I never got around to getting one.

Lynnie, welcome! :wavey: Congrats on joining team PINK! Your DH's joke made me chuckle.

amc, so glad that your trip to the ER was uneventful, but sorry that the pain was lingering. I'm hoping it'll continue to get better with rest. Don't you hate that you have to worry about every little out-of-the-ordinary pain you feel now that you're pregnant? I get the left hand/arm numbness only when I sleep on my left side. I just flip over when it wakes me up. I think I sleep with my my arms in different positions between the right side and the left side, because it only happens when I'm sleeping on my left side.

monnie, I don't have a specific birth plan either, just random thoughts in my head. If I remember, I might think about discussing it with my OB at my next appointment.

Missy, your boss sounds almost like a piece of work! I'm sure he wasn't intentionally jabbing at you. Is he pretty old? Yay for buying all the baby clothes!

steph, sorry your MIL is such a downer. When my DH told his mom about our early induction plans (so she could plan her schedule, since she had mentioned wanting to visit us in the hospital after we deliver), she just kept going on and on about whether this meant that our baby would be premature! :rolleyes: You're totally not behind on getting your registry together. I think we started ours after we found out the gender since I wanted to know what color schemes to get, but even then, we only registered for the big items that I knew we needed for sure. I didn't go back to add in little items until the baby showers started.

Petite, what classes are you signed up for? We took a childbirth prep class earlier this month, and are signed up for a baby care basics class in mid-March. I haven't watched any of the Baby Center classes. I just read their weekly emails.

Kunzite, I was told that it was safe to get the T-Dap during the 3rd trimester. I haven't gotten it yet, but was thinking of doing it around week 36. I think my OB mentioned that it took about 2-3 weeks for it to "work" so the baby would be safe around you. I wonder how that works if you get it right after the baby is born? Your ultrasound pics are so cute - I love the foot pic too!

AFM, I was able to ask all the questions I wanted about why my OB scheduled my induction for a week early. The main reason for it is because I started taking a pill last week to help with my GD fasting numbers because they were creeping up. My OB said she saw that in my notes on the computer, and wanted to get the induction scheduled so she wouldn't forget about it, or have it get lost along the way. She explained that I am at a higher risk because I need that pill to control my fasting numbers, and that there is a risk of my placenta deteriorating prior to me reaching my due date at 40 weeks, which could lead to a still-birth. She also said that the baby will already be fully developed by 39 weeks, and the benefits for keeping him in there until 40 weeks are way less than the risks of something bad happening if we waited. She thinks that I'll still be 0cm dilated when we check into the hospital, but mentioned that if I am already partially dilated on my own by then, they would just leave me alone and see how I progress by the next morning, instead of sticking a pill up there to soften my cervix in hopes of opening it up. I wonder what the odds of me already being partially dilated by then are.

(32w+3d)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh ladies, this thread is a hopping!!!!

S&I, glad to hear you got an explanation on the scheduled induction. At least now you can understand the thought process. You are getting so close now!

AMC, glad the mystery pain is gone. "Sometimes weird things happen when you're pregnant". That's what my primary care doctor said to me last week and I totally know what he means. Glad you are feeling better!

PP, sorry you are having a rough time finding an English speaking hospital. Would it be beneficial to hire a translator or a midwife that speaks both French and English?

Kunzite, yes my anatomy scan is Thursday. So far I think we are going to stick with a "surprise" baby. I just hope we don't cave when we get in the ultrasound room! Your u/s pics are so sweet. They are little babies already. So perfect. Sorry to hear you and your son have been sick. Hopefully the virus will move quickly through you.

Stephbolt, sorry MIL was a downer this weekend. (MIL's tend to have that way don't they? ;)) ) You are not behind on your registry at all. I started mine right around 20 plus weeks. I would just plan on having it done for when the shower invites are sent. No big deal!

Skippy, please tell Steal congratulations!

Missy, how old is the boss? That's a weird comment. My DH loves it when I wear the tighter fitting clothes as it shows my belly off, not hiding behind some big baggy clothes you know?

Mayerling, glad to hear you are feeling kicks now. I am also on the anterior placenta team. I am currently 18w3d. Now and then I think I might feel something but I'm just not sure yet. Where are you feeling the kicks?

PPM, how was the wine?! And how are you doing? What's next for you on the testing? Sending you positive vibes that all is well. Sounds like the u/s went well so that was a great step forward.

Monarch, I definitely recommend putting together some type of birth plan. The ladies gave you some great suggestions. My OB just had me write down some of my main things I wanted and didn't want to give him a guideline. I didn't have a lot. I knew I wanted to exclusively breastfeed and did not want a c/s. But if a c/s was going to be best for me and baby then I knew I would make the right decision if the time came.

Phoenix, you are so organized on the birth plans! But if you know what you want, the only way you are going to get it is to ask for it in advance in writing. Because we all know all hell breaks loose once labor begins!

I am so sorry if I missed anyone! I was so behind!

AFM, I am 18w3d. I have my anatomy scan on Thursday. We still want to keep the sex a surprise! I just hope we don't give in once we are in there. It will be so tempting to find out! Overall, I am doing fine. Starting to put on some weight. Still no kicks felt yet but I have an anterior placenta so I am trying to just sit tight and wait till they come. We are taking my DS to Orlando in a couple of weeks. He is going to be so excited to go to Disney and Sea World! For anyone with an around 3 year old, do you recommend bringing his car seat on the plane? We won't need a car seat once we get to Orlando because we will only be taking shuttles, but I just thought that maybe he would sit better for us on the plane if he is fully strapped in. Thoughts?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
To everyone that asked...my boss is 60 I believe?? He's rude and unprofessional and always says things behind people's back which is pretty disrespectful. It's one thing to joke around, but that was just mean. I just don't like the guy so I took it as him being rude, rather than him not being used to the "new" maternity clothes. Especially because these rude comments are the norm for him!

AMC - Glad the ER trip turned out okay and sorry to hear about carpal tunnel! Maybe that's what I'm starting to get too. If I lay a certain way like with my arms bent and my hand near my face I wake up to my arm/hand asleep.

Kunzite - Oh my gosh your u/s pics are too cute! We did see baby waving at us during the u/s. The tech said "look baby is waving bye!" So we all waved back and saw his/her little hand opening and closing! I agree, for the first time EVER I am not worried about having a belly and I will not completely cover it up with baggy clothes. Sorry old/rude people!!! :tongue:

Lizzy - YAY for wanting to stay team green. It wasn't hard for us at the time. It's only been hard when I'm in the store and falling in love with boy clothes and can't buy them! My mom said "Well if it's a girl, just pray she has a lot of hair so you can put a little bow in her hair and still use some of the blue things!" So jealous of your trip to Disney coming up!! DH and I loved going there. We went in 2010 for our 1st anniversary/late honeymoon. We went in October and the weather was perfect. I tear up almost everytime I see a Disney commercial, I loved that place and can't wait til we can take our LO with us someday! And tearing up now just typing that...sheesh!

S&I - Glad you got all your questions answered! When in the world did you get to 32 weeks?!? It seems like it flew by. I guess because it's flying by for me!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Quick flyby post - 38 weeks today! My doctor visit today did not lead to scheduling any inductions yet. They probably won't let my chunky little fellow get much past 39 weeks though. Down under check was hella uncomfortable - YIKES - but I am making progress. Only about 1 cm dilated, but 70% effaced. I am feeling contractions on and off, no real pattern yet and not painful. I also have the lower back/lower body ache that usually accompanies oncoming AF - that is supposed to be a labor signal, too. Weston should be joining us soon, then - hoping for NOT Wednesday/Leap Day!

Hope to be back to catch up soon - so much activity here!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
S&I- no idea which classes I am signed up for, but I know there are 7. They discuss the hospital, breathing, etc as far as I know, which is clearly not much. I've been pretty lax with those things as it will be in French, do I figure more beneficial for DH. Glad you got an answer from you doc regarding the induction. I think that sounds like a pretty reasonable reason.

Lizzyann- I didn't think of a translator, but there are no midwives or doulas in this area that speak English. Of course everyone speaks a little, but it's usually not enought when *I* need to say something. DH is usually my translator, but since it's not his career I usually seem to get only about 40-60%, because he assumes I understand when I don't or translates the simple things. We are definitely getting better at though, so by delivery we should be set! Haha ;))

Mannequin- I can't believe you are so close! So exciting!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
PetitePoire, I understand the need to be somewhere where you speak the language. Not taking advantage of the French healthcare system seems like a shame, though. Isn't it the case that somebody moves in with you for a few weeks free of charge to clean up, do the laundry, etc. so you can focus on the baby?

Lizzyann, I feel the kicks between the pubic area and the belly button, mostly at the height of the belly button and mostly on the right side - so if you think of the belly button as dividing your belly into two halves, it would be on the right half.

S&I, I'm glad they cleared up why it is that they're thinking of an induction.

AFM, 20w6d and happily feeling the kicks. The nesting urge surges on; I'm just back from buying baby bowls, plates, and bibs, and the first pair of cloth diaper covers arrived today and you have no idea how happy that made me! :love: At this point, baby shopping trumps bling shopping for me - am I allowed to say this on PS?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
MQ - Ahhh you're getting there!! Weston will be here soon I know it!

Mayerling - See, I knew it wouldn't take long to be okay with the idea of a boy! Glad things have changed and you're happily buying baby things now :bigsmile: Keep enjoying those lil kicks!!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Missy. I can't say that I don't still yearn for a girl, but I can certainly see myself with my little boy now :appl:

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Mayerling- oh yes, it would be a shame to not use the healthcare here, so I'll just stick with what I've got! I'll learn. Re: assistance....no idea! I feel like I've read that somewhere, so perhaps there is truth to it and I will definitely ask about it. It would be nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results