shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
HH - Congrats. He is simply precious. The lC will be able to work on his latch. Good luck! When I was in the hospital with my little one (now almost 4 weeks old) I requested a visit from a LC at every opportunity. I ended up seeing one three times in a 36 hour period and those visits were key.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara said:
HH congrats and Aiden is a total cutie. he doesn't look like 5lbs! hopefully after a few visits with the LC he catches on. we supplemented with formula in the beginning as well.

random Q but did they consider giving you a catheter (since you mentioned he crashed each time you visited the bathroom) to buy your body more time to open up? what about pitocin? i was only 2cm dilated, but my water was broken for 10+ hours, so i had limited time to open up or else it would have been C/S--we went the pitocin route which sped things along crazily quick. i am always curious about the diff options that hospitals/doctors have and why they use what.

all the BPF's are great ladies!!! love the bellies. and yes i think it's normal to think one day you love the belly and how it looks and the next day feel simply just like a beached whale. hang in there!

Thanks Mara! No I didn't have a catheter until I was on the table and they didn't do the pitocin either. That's normally the next step after the mis. I was a cold induction, and wasn't showing any signs of impending labor. Aidan hadn't dropped, no MP, no water breaking and a firm, high and tight cervix. They didn't know if the contractions were what caused the problems, so there was a fear of the long pitocin labor and strong contractions making things worse.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha... yeah since my water was already broken, I had contrax, and he had mostly dropped, I guess I was further along even if the pathway wasn't really paved yet. Anyway glad it all worked out ok and A is hale and healthy!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Awwe, HH he is so sweet. Glad he is doing well and you made it through the bumpy birth safely. Hope the LC is able to help. He is darling!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hudson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh! Your little angel is SO gorgeous!!!!!!!!! So cute! So teeny! So precious!!!!!!!!

You make me so anxious and excited to meet our little baby... Oh, and how in the WORLD do you look THAT good right after delivery???? Care to share your secrets? Flawless skin, sparkling eyes... you are a BEAUTY!!!!!!!! Wow, mama and baby are spectacular and I couldn't be happier for you and your DH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just chugging along on our end - can't wait to meet our LO. Time is flying by! :wavey:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again HH! He's beautiful :love: Hope the LC gave you some good tips!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
HH - Huge congrats mama!!! He is perfect :love: :love: :love:

Well, Bumbleride fans..... icekid inspired me to order our Indie early with the 15% off as well. I found a code online for 15% off your first diapers.com order... KENZ0246. It worked and I'm thrilled. Considering the 2009 closeouts were only down to $399 I figured there's no reason to wait. No tax, free shipping, and only $399. I can't wait for it to come!! :naughty:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite! What an awesome deal, you smart mama! I feel so overwhelmed when it comes to strollers... What made you pick the Indie Bumbleride? It is BEAUTIFUL! I have all sorts of dumb questions like... do you have to have a separate stroller for infants since they need to lie down? What color did you get? Oh, I can't believe how behind I am! For cribs, I love Noelwr's crib!!! I had better get crackin'! :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HH - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your post made my day... he is beautiful.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HH~ Congratulations!! Welcome, Aidan!! So glad that he is healthy and here, you did a great job!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss said:
Hudson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh! Your little angel is SO gorgeous!!!!!!!!! So cute! So teeny! So precious!!!!!!!!

You make me so anxious and excited to meet our little baby... Oh, and how in the WORLD do you look THAT good right after delivery???? Care to share your secrets? Flawless skin, sparkling eyes... you are a BEAUTY!!!!!!!! Wow, mama and baby are spectacular and I couldn't be happier for you and your DH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! Just chugging along on our end - can't wait to meet our LO. Time is flying by! :wavey:

Hahaha I guess the secret would be have a baby who's smaller than average and then a c-section? While I obviously am first and foremost concerned with Aidan's health and well being, there were definitely benefits to my situation. For example, I didn't really have swelling issues and I have only one stretch mark that's 1/4" long. Also, while I'm dealing with an incision (which is still really painful BTW), I have only minor bleeding/lochia, no swelling in the vag area, no tears and no hemmies. I'm also pretty much pain free (other than the incision). The downside is the feeling great makes me forget that I just had surgery and need to take it easy. I did a little too much moving around yesterday so I'm paying for it today.

So Aidan and I had our first really successful nursing session this morning. He latched well and stayed on for probably 10 minutes with consistent suckling. He then proceeded to suck down almost 2 oz of formula. He's eating like a house, I don't know where he put the 2 oz because supposedly his stomach is super tiny right now. But he did it and he didn't show any discomfort after.

I hope you're all doing well. I really appreciated all of the thoughts, prayers and congrats sent my way. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
HH: I am so happy to read that you had your son. It is such great news. Congratulations to you and Mr. H.H. :appl:

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
HH, congrats and glad to hear the C-section recovery isn't too bad and you didn't have the double labor you wanted to avoid.

Hou, great belly and baby! So cute, esp the "money shot" :)

Re: the Bumbleride Indie, it looks like diapers.com is sold out of the 2009! That was a great deal w/15% off. There are some other online places selling the 2009 on sale but only in Spice (andnot with 15% off), as far as I can tell. Guess I should check out strollers and decide soon so as not to miss out on any more great deals! I thought that the old models went on sale in Feb, but I guess not.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH big congrats Momma. Aidan is such a precious bundle of joy!!!! So happy all is well. Enjoy your gorgeous baby boy!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hh - congrats! a is beautiful! sounds like a scary ride, and i'm glad that you both got through it all safely.

i too find it interesting as to why they choose one med over another during induction. i had to be induced due to complications and they gave me pitocin.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss - I can't claim credit for the great deal. It was icekid's wonderful idea! We chose the Bumbleride in black for a lot of reasons. I like that it has real tires, you don't need an adapter to carry an infant car seat with it, it has three wheels, etc. It helps that it looks cool too :cheeky:

CatLuver - I think maybe my post was confusing. I wasn't saying that we got the 2009, because we bought the 2010 model. I was saying that there was no reason to wait for the 2010 to go on close out next year since the 2009 close out only ever got to around $399 and with the diapers.com discount we could get the 2010 right now for $399. So no need to wait!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite said:
Bliss - I can't claim credit for the great deal. It was icekid's wonderful idea! We chose the Bumbleride in black for a lot of reasons. I like that it has real tires, you don't need an adapter to carry an infant car seat with it, it has three wheels, etc. It helps that it looks cool too :cheeky:

CatLuver - I think maybe my post was confusing. I wasn't saying that we got the 2009, because we bought the 2010 model. I was saying that there was no reason to wait for the 2010 to go on close out next year since the 2009 close out only ever got to around $399 and with the diapers.com discount we could get the 2010 right now for $399. So no need to wait!

Ahh, gotcha! That is a great deal, then! I'l lhave to drag DH to the baby stuff store next weekend to check them out (I feel like I should at least push one before buying, though I'm pretty convinced that's what I want :) ) I like the black too, it reminds me of the classic English prams. (Although I do also love the hot pink, it's not quite as versatile/practical.)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catluver - It's actually the 2010 Bumbleride Indie that you can get for $400 now on diapers.com. The regular price is 469.99. With 15% off, it's just 399, which is the same price you'd pay for a 2009 closeout. I think a bunch of us were planning on waiting til early 2011 to get closeout pricing on the 2010's, but there doesn't seem much sense in waiting now, though I haven't ordered one yet.

ETA: I see Kunzite beat me to it!! It takes me a long time to post. Haha!

Bliss - Yes, the Bumbleride is suitable for infants. The backrest reclines. http://www.bumbleride.com/strollers/indie-tech-spec.php Do you see a lot of these types of strollers in the city? I haven't done much stroller research, but have decided on the Indie based on the positive feedback here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-thread.146882/?hilit=another stroller thread. I don't know all of the features of the stroller, but I will figure it out later. My situation is different than yours though. We don't have sidewalks here. Perhaps there are stroller styles better suited for city living? I'm sure the ladies here could help!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Thanks LV for chiming in too! Looks like the Bumbleride Indie is very popular with the pregnant PS'ers!
After doing some more reading, it seems to make more and more sense to go for the 2010 w/the 15% discount, because the 2010 has the larger sun canopy which costs $35 by itself (per Mara's research :) ).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, this is random, but beware the disposable mesh panties when you're in the hospital. I've been rocking them for a few days and I wont deny that they're super comfy, but I developed a pretty severe red itchy rash all over my abdomen today. Guess what? I'm allergic to the panties. The nurse said it's pretty common, so I just wanted to give you all a heads up.

geri

Shiny_Rock
HH- Congratulations! Aidan is adorable. Glad you are both doing so well.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Lanie, Noel, Houie, Lynnie, Blushing - Loving all the belly pics ladies. I think everyone looks great!

Houie - Ellis is so sweet sucking her thumb. How exciting that you got to see so much on the scan! Cute belly too!

Bliss -I am with you on being clueless about what to buy! For better or worse, we have a lot less choice in Australia so hopefully that will narrow down the options!

Catluver- hope you get those results soon, so frustrating having to wait! I'm with you on the weight gain - about 7 pounds at 19 weeks and I weigh more than I ever have in my life before :-o but I know it's for a good cause so am just trying to exercise and eat well and leave the rest up to nature (although this is easier said than done!).

We are having our anatomy scan tomorrow. It also happens to coincide with our dating anniversary so we are both taking the day off. We will have the scan late afternoon then go out for a celebratory dinner. We can't wait to see the LO (it's been about 6 weeks since we saw it) and find out the gender. Both of us are thinking boy at the moment but we will see!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hudson, your pregnancy and labor sound so great I actually caught myself wondering if I should get a c! You really do look SO beautiful and fresh - and so young in that pic! I'm amazed! I have never seen anyone look like a People magazine baby shoot right after labor. Wow! Lucky lady! I hope I don't get any stretch marks, too. I'm worried because I'm carrying small and am scared I might blow up at the end! I've read it's genetic though, which is a relief because my mom carried small and didn't get any stretch marks either. Congrats again!!! Ah and thanks for the tip about the mesh undies! I will steer clear of them!

Kunzite!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! CatLuver, I agree - what a steal!!!!! Loves Vintage, are you getting one? THANK YOU ICEKID for the heads up! I always assumed we'd get a Bugaboo because so many people here get one... just thought it was standard but now I'm thinking that the Bumbleride is THE stroller to get! I love the bigger sunshade. Real wheels? Sign me up! I'm just going to have to go test drive one to make sure I like it. I love how cool it looks, too! YAY for the fact that it reclines for newborns!

Bella, thanks for the help as well! :appl: I wish I could just get everything you're going to get! :love: You have the best taste!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Hudson!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to Hudson Hawk!

Bliss, I think you were just joking, but remember a C-section is still major surgery! It's not a cake walk. Also, recovery is hard and you can't really do anything for a while, including drive. The other fear is that because it's a surgery, there is always a risk of internal scarring on ovaries or fallopian tubes, which could affect future fertility. C-sections sound like a quick and easy way to give birth but please just be aware of these things (which I'm sure you probably are). :wavey:

Everyone's belly pics look great! Y'all are so cute!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations HH! Aiden is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, I had the same issue! I loved those damn mesh panties but broke out in a rash that look like razor burn on my belly and one of my thighs. ;( Those things are especially great if you deliver vaginally because they can hold an ice pack nice and close. If it weren't for that damn rash...

Geri, good luck today at your scan!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Geri - Good luck today!!! I say BOY!!! (I'm usually wrong, though!) What does your Chinese chart say??

Noel!! Shush! Your belly is beautiful! I know - I can't believe how different we're carrying. It really is crazy!

HMG - Lil Miss HMG is so cute!!!! Such sweet pictures!! And a nice bump to boot! Lookin good, girl!

Blushing - You look amazing as well! Less than a month now, right?? Wow!

HH - Sorry about the mesh panties! Bummer! Glad you and Aiden continue to do well!

RE: strollers. My dad is getting me a travel system, but I have yet to decide which one to have him get. I do love the Indie, though. I figure we can make do with whatever he gets us until LO is 5 or 6 months. The weather won't be nice here until at least April... The Indie is tempting right now though :devil:

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
HH - CONGRATULATIONS to you and Mr. HH!!!! Aidan is so precious!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad that you and Aidan are doing well!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the belly shot! I can't believe there is two babies in there either! :o ;)) :appl:

Snlee - thanks for checking in! Glad to see you are still "baking" away! We're almost at the end of the line!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geri - I'm guessing girl!!! Can't wait to hear!

Bliss - I am getting the Indie. I e-mailed their customer service to find out when the 2011 will be available and what new options, if any, it will have. I have a stroller from a friend that I think will work with my yet-to-be-purchased car seat (Graco Snugride), which will work in the early months if needed. I don't think we'll be going out all that much though, so not sure when I'll get the Bumbleride. Now seems as good a time as any though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results