shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, HH :appl: cant wait to meet Aiden =)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all of the new Moms, Lucy, LIA and HH!!! Adorable baby pics here and in other places!

tiffanytwisted said:
HI Ladies-
I was at one time very active on the TTC thread, (I had an ectopic which resulted in losing my left tube, then a miscarriage, and then another ectopic and lost the right tube) and I haven't been around much lately, although I do lurk from time to time. My husband and I did IVF in May, which didn't result in a pregnancy. We then did a frozen embryo transfer in July, and I'm happy to announce that I am 11wk 3 days pregnant with TWINS!! My due date is March 27.
So far we've had some ups and downs, saw two heartbeats at 6 weeks, then had lots of spotting from 6-8 weeks. Another ultrasound at 8 weeks showed two strong heartbeats again. Then again more spotting, which always made me super anxious. I had my first appointment with my regular OB last week, and the heart beats were both 171. So keeping fingers crossed that everything continues to go well! At 10 weeks 3 days the babies were measuring 11 weeks, so so far all looks good.
We are super excited, a little overwhelmed at the idea of two babies but are beyond thrilled.

Many, many congrats, TIffany! I'm so happy for you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I had an emergency laparotomy for an ectopic last month which resulted in me losing my right tube and my EDD would have been March 28th. A few of the gals in the Barely Pregnant and TTC thread suggested I check out your posts in the TTC thread. You just can't believe how happy I am to hear about your news, Tiffany. You sound so joyful; and twins to boot!!! Hoping for a very smooth and very healthy pregnancy for you!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't have the glucose test. is that standard in the U.S.? the midwife just asked if I or anyone in my family has diabetes, which they do not, asked where my family originally is from (apparently if you are of African descent, they will test you), and then she started talking about something else.

wow, you ladies are so lucky not to have swelling feet. I've had them since around 20 weeks and had to buy bigger, wider shoes (plus DH had to get me an extra strip of velcro as the strap still doesn't fit over). it's probably because I don't get the blood flowing as much as you ladies who are active all day. my hands also swell at night when I'm sleeping, so I take off my ring before bed. in addition to the sciatica, I've now started to experience the leg cramping. I think I am your text book case of pregnancy.

is anyone doing Kegels? I can't do them. I tried. I can squeeze, but not hold the squeeze. how pathetic is that?

Lanie - your belly is so cute and firm-looking. nothing to be embarrassed about at all! I mean, look at the beach ball I'm carrying around.

Lynnie - yes, the angle definitely makes you look like you're a few weeks apart in each shot. also different clothing can make me look different from day to day.

and now I am also afraid to show my pic, at 25w6d, about as far as Lanie and Lynnie but looking double the size...

noelwr25w6d.JPG

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
noelwr-You look adorable! Sorry about the swelling feet and general yuckiness, but your baby bump is so cute!!!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
quickly popping in to thank everyone who responded to my question about the anterior placenta. the general consensus seems to be that it's just a matter of feeling fewer movements, which i can deal with. i am a little sad though, because i felt every little hiccup with my first, and the other day the u/s tech was showing me baby hiccups and kicks and i couldn't feel a thing!

dd, so interesting to hear your thoughts abt hunter's position - i hope my little one doesn't do the same! it totally does make sense that the placenta might get in the way of the baby getting into ideal position.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations HH - can't wait to "meet" little Aidan!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cara - I feel your pain with being uncomfortable and the weight gain. At my Drs. appoint. on Wed., I have already gained 40 lbs. I've never seen the scale hit numbers like that in my life. :o But, it's for a wonderful cause and the babes are healthy so, how can I complain?

Sbde - Thanks, I know it's very exciting that we get to meet our babies soon! I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks!!

Icekid - I think we're ready. Between my shower and the wonderful work shower I had a few weeks ago, we pretty much have everything. In fact, we were in Buybuy Baby the other looking to spend some of the gift certificates we have and literally couldn't find a single thing we needed. I think we'll use those towards the breast pump which I'm hoping to buy after the babies are born. I'm amazed you are on your feet for so long each day at work! You are such a trooper!

Snlee - where are you girl? You're about a week ahead of me in all this. I hope you are doing well and that you're baby girl is still baking away in there!

Well, I've attached my 34 week belly shot. My belly is HUGE! It's really getting uncomfortable sleeping at night. I keep tossing at turning from side to side. It's going to be rough several weeks for sure!

34 weeks BB1 copy.gif

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, all your bumps are looking great!

icekid - I’m envious of your bumbleride! I haven’t even checked out strollers in person yet, but based on reading, it sounds like the one I want to get. I was planning to wait until Feb or so in hopes of sales that others mentioned, but 15% off is great! Very exciting!

cara, sorry you’re feeling miserable. You’re so close! LOL re: Colby Jack.

Hou, can’t wait to hear about your anatomy scan - so exciting.

Congrats HH, can’t wait to hear about your birth experience.

-----
AFM, just sitting here waiting impatiently for my dr. to call w/the results of my AFP test! Aaah it’s so hard waiting; I might have to wait up to 2 more weeks even though it's already been 1 week (because it can take up to 14 bus. days which sounds really long). And wishing the next 3 wks would pass faster so I can have my anatomy scan and hopefully feel reassured about the baby (and find out the gender!).
Also I think I am still above average on weight gain at 7.5lbs at almost 17wks, but it’s not like I’ve been eating junk like crazy, so oh well! I can definitely tell I’ve gained padding on my thighs and hips though. I am (perhaps futilely) still attempting to keep it under wraps at work!! (except for my boss who I had to tell a few weeks ago)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love the bumps ladies!!!!

Lynnie -- I still can't believe how un pregnant you look, esp in that first picture!

Noel -- your belly is tight and compact...I don't know what you are talking about. It's so cute! Sorry about the swelling...I haven't had it too bad, but it's more noticeable now.

Blushing -- aaaahhh!!! You look ADORABLE! How special and sweet that you have roommates in there!

Cara -- you are sooooo close! You must be so anxious/excited! I love the name Colby. I wouldn't worry about the nickname issue...you can come up with so many dumb ones for some great names. And Colby Jack isn't so bad...it could be worse!

I can't wait to see photos of HH and Aiden!

Are any of you feeling kicks waaaaaay up by your ribs? I swear he has a stick in there with him and he's poking up there, because clearly he's nowhere near my ribs. Hmmmm...

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the bumps, ladies!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

HH, can't wait to see Aiden pics!! Hope you guys are enjoying each other - I'm sure you are! :bigsmile:

CatLuver, hang in there momma!! Not too long till your anatomy scan - you will LOVE IT!! Very reassuring.

Blushing, you look amaaaaazing! I think you were made to be a twin momma - you carry them so well! :bigsmile:

Noel, you look great too!! I can't do Kegels either - I can get the squeeze down, but it makes me feel all antsy to try and hold it. LOL. So I don't. I hope I don't regret it later!

Lynnie, you're right, you totally look more preggo in the 2nd shot! It's funny, just today I went and got a bunch more scrub tops in the next size up, cuz I'm starting to have the same issue as you!! hehe! :bigsmile:

Lanie, your little basketball is toooo cute!! You look adorable and beautiful. :bigsmile:

Ice - I felt better after that one day - I also had a bit of a cold so am wondering if I had some ear issues contributing to the dizziness too. I hear ya on the feet hurting - I've been on 12 hr non-stop very-little-sitting ER shifts lately, and boy, am I exhausted and hurting by the end of those!! Yaaaaay for your Indie!! I think we'll be buying ours soon too. :) Where did you get your diapers.com code??

sdbe - anterior placenta here too! Only issue it causes is feeling less movement - and mine is a little close to my cervix at the bottom end (but still OK). I usually only feel Ellie's movements way down low, in my cervix and bladder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At work now, so can't write up a long post (OR attach the pics I want) but just wanted to pop in and say that the anatomy scan this morning was AWESOME!! :love:

Ellie is indeed a "she" (which is excellent since we've already started buying pink stuff! hehe!), and she looks fantastic! All organs look perfect, she's measuring right on target (61st percentile, to be exact!), moving all around. :) She was totally sucking her thumb for us...4 little fingers curled up right against her mouth, AND we could see her little mouth moving. SOOOOOO CUTE.

She's breech right now, but that's OK, still has plenty of time to get flipped over the right way. Cervix was nice and long. Placenta was a wee bit closer to the cervix than my OB would like (~3cm away) but she said that distance will likely increase as I grow, since the lower uterine segment tends to grow with the pregnancy.

As for me, all is well - blood pressure is great, no swelling, feeling good. I have only gained 6 lbs total at 20 weeks based on today's weight (the weight at my last appt was 5 lbs higher than today's!! I'm convinced that one was wrong, because it was not consistent with what I had been getting at home). I am A-OK with the 6 lb weight gain, and my doc is too. She said as long as I'm not actually losing weight, she's happy, and I was able to convince her that last time's weight wasn't right. No way I could have actually lost 5 lbs in just under 2 weeks, esp with the way I've been eating! LOL. I had a little extra to begin with anyway, so I'm pleased with the weight gain at this point.

Later (either tonight or tomorrow a.m.) I'll return with my 20 week belly pic (it's really popped!) and Ellie's glamour shots. :naughty:

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Lots of new PS babies!

Lucy, congrats! she's adorable!

LIA, congrats! abby is adorable and I'm so glad you had a shorter 2nd L&D!

HH, congrats! welcome Aiden! can't wait to hear the details.

sorry I've been MIA. baby girl is still baking! I'm 35w3d today. found out I'm 3cm dilated and 90% effaced at my dr appointment this morning. I'm pretty relieved to know that these painful contractions are actually doing something. I've been having painful ones for about 1.5 months now and no change until this week. I'm really amazed I made it this far since I've been 1cm and 90% for 7 weeks! once I reach 36 weeks, I can be off bedrest and medicine. only 3 more days! also had my weekly NST and I was contracting every 7 mins. since it's still early they are just letting me wait it out but dr doesn't think I'll make it much longer. I'm thinking by end of next week we'll be a family of 4! I'm in pain and feeling pretty crappy most of the time and can't sleep well so I feel ready but I'm also trying to enjoy it, as this is probably my last pregnancy. getting very excited! can't wait to meet her!

hope everyone is doing well. welcome to all the newly pregnant PSers! TIFFANY, congrats on TWINS! so exciting!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, pics....first, here's the 20 week belly:

20 weeks.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
And now, Miss Ellie! First, the almost frontal face shot - a little like Skeletor, but still cute. :)

20wksfrontal.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Next, with lips slightly parted and hand next to the face, about to insert thumb in mouth....

20wksmouthopen.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
....and a few seconds later, with hand balled up into a fist up against mouth, sucking her thumb! The cutest part was actually seeing her mouth making sucking motions when the tech took this shot. :love:

20wksthumb1.jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, the money (potty) shot - definitely a girl!

20wksgirl.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,
Thanks so much for the thoughts, prayers and well wishes. And thanks Claire and Victoria for keeping the group updated.

Aidan, DH and I are doing well. This week has been a bit of a bumpy ride for us. As you know, Tuesday night I had a long span of contractions and a doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday. I went in expecting to have an internal and hear the doc say I was somewhat dilated and effaced. What I got was the news that no, I hadn't progressed and that I was measuring 4 weeks behind. Apparently they don't worry about a difference in measurement under 4 inches, I was right over that. So they squeezed me in for an ultrasound to check Aidan's growth and we discovered that he was, in fact measuring 4 inches behind. My fluids, the cord, placenta, and his development, etc looked great and on track for 38 weeks, but his size/weight was under the 10th percentile. So the doc told me she was inducing me that day-SURPRISE! Good thing I was already on vacation, right? So off I went to the hospital for a non-stress test and admittance into L&D.

They started me on cervadil around 8 or 9 pm and I had that in overnight. In the morning they checked me and I hadn't really progressed so they inserted a misoprostil pill to see if that would get things going. I definitely noticed an increase in contractions and cramping at that point, but it was totally manageable. So I got up at one point to use the bathroom and a few minutes after getting back into bed a random nurse came in and ordered me into all sorts of positions. Turns out his heart rate had crashed. I ended up on my hands and knees on the bed with a random OB, who I still to this day haven't met face to face, doing an internal exam and sweep to remove the pill. My doc then came in to see what was going on and we had a frank conversation about what it meant and what the likely prognosis was if Aidan was having problems (C/S). But she felt it was early enough in the game for us to let nature run its course and see how things went over the next few hours. Well, every time I got up to use the bathroom he'd do a repeat performance and crash so they suspected there was a cord problem somewhere. This all occurred between 7 or 8 and noon. So then he randomly crashed again and we decided to call it quits.

So they booked me for a c-section and Aidan arrived at 3:31 on Wednesday afternoon. As we expected, he's a peanut, only 5 lbs 10 oz, but we think that's better than the 5.4 they estimated from the u/s. He's 19 inches long, so pretty average in length. And he passed all of his tests and screens with flying colors. I know the docs took the placenta to be studied by pathology, but I don't know what/if they found anything. Obviously I've gone through every sip of caffeine, late night, potato chip, slice of lunch meat and any other "transgression" I may have made during pregnancy and there's nothing we can firmly pin this on. And we might never know. He wasn't given a formal diagnosis if IUGR or other growth restriction. And actually, after the doc who was on call checked in with us and saw DH and I, she acknowledged that given our respective sizes and builds, it was just as likely that we grow smaller babies together and he's on track for our genetics. Who knows. All I know is he's healthy and has done really well so far.

He's adorable and a total cuddle bug. Right now we're working on getting him up to speed with nursing. He loves my boobs but is just playing with them right now. He tries to latch but can't quite get it right so we're meeting with an LC tomorrow. I'm pumping in the meantime.

Anyway, off to bed. I'll post a pic tomorrow, they need to be resized and I'm too tired right now.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just delurking to send out BIG BIG congratulations to you HH, your DH and families, and of course welcome to the world Aiden!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations HH and family!! So wonderful to hear that you have your beautiful healthy baby in your arms. :appl:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
26 weeks

HH - it sounds like you were able to remain very calm during everything that happened. I would have freaked if I heard my baby's heart had crashed and demanded a c/s right away. I doubt it's anything you did that caused this. so glad that Aidan is finally in your arms! of course we are all very anxious to see pics, but take your time. we all prefer that Mama Hawk spend her time cuddling little Aidan Hawk. wishing you a well and speedy recovery from the c/s.

thanks Bells and Lanie for the compliments. sometimes I'm so proud of my belly and sometimes I just feel like I look ugly and fat. I suppose that's normal.

Lanie - I have luckily not experienced any kicks to the ribs, yet. probably because she is still breech, though her feet were up by her head, last we saw. but the midwife says if she's breech, you're more likely to feel movement below, which I do. but she does get around to the sides and around the belly button, too. if she is kicking me unpleasantly (like in the bladder), I place my hand on my belly away from the kicking. apparently, babies will move towards the warmth of your hand, so maybe you can try that next time you get a rib kick. also, apparently your husband can now hear the heartbeat by pressing an empty toilet paper roll to your belly and his ear to the other side. we haven't had luck with that, yet.

HOUie - you look great, and that's fantastic that the anatomy scan went well. isn't being able to see 4 chambers of the heart and the valves amazing? Miss Ellie is very cute. if you are interested, I have attached our 3D version of DD sucking her thumb at 24 weeks. hope it's not too freaky.

24w3d1.jpeg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I'm a pretty calm, cool and collected person during emergencies, but I was definitely freaked out. I didn't really have a choice in keeping it together because I knew my stress would stress him out more. The first few times it happened it was scary but the docs and nurses said it sometimes happens and then resolves itself. They thought he was just yanking on his cord. We were also literally next to the operating room so we knew we were close and could get into surgery super fast if things got really dicey. The nice thing about our hospital is even though it's suburban and somewhat small, it's affiliated with Boston Children's and Brigham and Women's Hospitals in Boston, which are two of the best in the country. And they have a level 3 NICU staffed with docs from BCH, so we knew we had the best or close to the best teams available if we needed them. I don't know if I mentioned in my other post, but when they got me opened and checked out the situation with the cord, they didn't see anything suspicious, like it being wrapped around his head. And the flow in the cord was great in the test we had done on Thursday. So we're not sure why the pulse issues happened and might never know why.

Today's challenge is getting him to take to the boob. He loves the girls but so far really only likes to play with them. He will literally lay there kissing them or get a nipple in his mouth and then pass out. We ended up having to supplement him last night with formula, which I wasn't thrilled with, but given his size we have to keep his weight up as much as we can. So I'm pumping in the meantime and giving him everything that I get. The lactation consultant is going to be by later to figure out what the deal with. He's a great sucker and is enthusiastic, he's just got his priorities mixed up (typical man!).

Here are some pictures. He's so beautiful, I can't stop staring at him in awe. He's totally an old man baby and looks a bit like Benjamin Button.

ACD NB.jpg

ACD Day 2 a.jpg

HH and little hawk.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Just delurking to say Congratulations Hudson Hawk!! :appl: What a rollercoaster L&D you had! Aidan is a total cutie. :love:

My daughter was a little peanut as well. She was born at 5 lbs 12 1/2 oz, at 39 weeks. DH is 6 ft tall and very big-boned. I'm 5 ft 3 inc and kind of thick, myself, so we were a bit surprised. :) She's 9 months now and still pretty petite. Maybe Aidan will be the same, or maybe he'll start putting on more weight now that the placenta thing isn't an issue. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the arrival of Aiden! He looks adorable and you look awesome for just having gone through labor and c/s.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, I'm so glad everyone is well. That sounds like a whirlwind! Aidan is an absolute doll. Nolan was the same with the boob at first. It was kind of cute. He would just turn his head back and forth and lick. When the LC came in she seized the millisecond that his mouth opened wide and shoved him on! Even though I took the class, the visits from the LC were what really helped us to get a good on the right track. Sending you lots of wishes for successful breastfeeding and a speedy recovery!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
HH- :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Wow, that seems like a whirlwind. Glad it all worked out and you are both doing well.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Aiden is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
MommaHawk, you're a natural! You look absolutely perfect holding the hawklet!!! I am so full of joy for you and the hubs, and I can't wait to continue seeing Aidan grow!!! Love to all 3 of you, from A and me.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: Welcome to the world, sweet Aidan!! :appl: :appl:

HH, Your story is a reminder to all of us to expect the unexpected! It sounds like you had a wonderful team helping you through. Thank you for coming back so quickly to post your story and your photos. (I was worried about you!) You do look amazingly well and like a natural and proud momma! :wavey:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, HH!!! Aiden is sooo precious!!! Best of luck!!! :appl: :appl:

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
HH - Baby Hawk is adorable!!!!!!!!! Such a cutie!!! Thanks for sharing your story... definitely one for the books, and I'm so glad everything turned out well in the end!! I would've been freaking, too. Tons of 'take the boob' dust to you, too!!!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
HH - so glad to hear everything is going well! I *love* the pics - that first one of the two of you together definitely just brought a tear to my eye. Just precious. He is an absolutely adorable little peanut!!! Yanno, I'm 99.9% sure you didn't do anything "wrong" to cause what happened in the end - it was just his time to come out, he may have just outgrown his placenta, who knows. And now, you're both happy and healthy, and I'm so happy for you!! :bigsmile:

Noel - thank you! I think you look fantastic too. I have always thought your bump was super-cute and NOT inappropriately huge!! :) Love the 4D pic of your DD - thanks for sharing! It's amazing the technology we have these days for taking a peek inside.

Lanie - speaking of 4D, did you know that they do them at Dr. B's office? I asked her about where I should go to get one yesterday, and she said, "Well, we do them here - you can set up an appt for one with Leslie." I should have asked (but didn't) about if there's extra charge, if you get pics and such like you do with the commercial places that do them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH congrats and Aiden is a total cutie. he doesn't look like 5lbs! hopefully after a few visits with the LC he catches on. we supplemented with formula in the beginning as well.

random Q but did they consider giving you a catheter (since you mentioned he crashed each time you visited the bathroom) to buy your body more time to open up? what about pitocin? i was only 2cm dilated, but my water was broken for 10+ hours, so i had limited time to open up or else it would have been C/S--we went the pitocin route which sped things along crazily quick. i am always curious about the diff options that hospitals/doctors have and why they use what.

all the BPF's are great ladies!!! love the bellies. and yes i think it's normal to think one day you love the belly and how it looks and the next day feel simply just like a beached whale. hang in there!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results