shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
RE: Weight Gain. I gained the most in the 3rd tri. At my 34 week appointment I am up 29lbs. I started off overweight. In the first tri I was up 6lbs. 2nd trimester I was up to 16lbs. Between 28-34 weeks I gained 13 lbs. CRAZY!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D said:
Loves Vintage said:
I'm going to have to go back and read all of your old posts now. The pelvic pain and immobility must have been very difficult to deal with. I'll refrain from asking you more questions here and will go back to your old posts.

You are welcome! The pain and other issues started in January of 2009, if you are looking back. Evil Crotch Pain is a not uncommon but horrendous occurance for some pregnant women!

ECP, ugh--I keep telling DH it feels like I took a hammer to my pelvic area. :errrr:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
noelwr said:
the hormones in your body cause the cartilage of the joints in your pelvis to become softer so that the bones can move apart, thus preparing for childbirth. for some women the hormones are a bit too proactive and cause it too soften too much thus moving too far apart and this can cause pain. it's called symphysis publis dysfunction. :read:

And for some lucky women, like me and another PSer, Jen, the position of the baby combines with this disorder to create a feeling somewhat like being hit in the pubic bone with a hammer every time you try to move your legs. At all. Get up to pee at night and wind up leaning on the wall crying from the pain until its over. Thus, Evil Crotch Pain :devil:

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It went away as soon as Hunter *finally* decended behind my pubic bone, 3 days before labour :rolleyes:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
Dreamer_D said:
Loves Vintage said:
I'm going to have to go back and read all of your old posts now. The pelvic pain and immobility must have been very difficult to deal with. I'll refrain from asking you more questions here and will go back to your old posts.

You are welcome! The pain and other issues started in January of 2009, if you are looking back. Evil Crotch Pain is a not uncommon but horrendous occurance for some pregnant women!

ECP, ugh--I keep telling DH it feels like I took a hammer to my pelvic area. :errrr:

LAILA OH NO! Do you have it too??? For me it started at week 32 and got worse and worse. I am hoping for you that your baby will not be balloted (floating) like mine was and will instead tuck in behind your pubic bones asap! For me, Hunter never fully engaged so I got to enjoy the hammer in the crotch fun until right before he was born. It was basically his head hitting my pubic bone and the bundle of nerves conveniently placed there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a note for the preggos...those picky sticky things are 50% off on babysteals today ... the ones mandarine has for her boys where you stick them on onesies to say how many months they are for photos. i would have loved to have gotten some for J before birth but we never got around to it and now it seems silly to start at 7mo!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Can I rejoin the thread? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. EDD is May 20th. :bigsmile: First appointment is in 2 weeks and I've finally made the switch to a midwife group.

ETA: Please don't say anything on fb. We're not telling IRL until after 1st tri.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Robbie! And Tiffany!!! I lurked on TTC and remember your story and am SO THRILLED for you!

Delurking to join this thread :bigsmile: at 13w1d. I've had 2 u/s both looked great. Doing really well and am just thrilled and excited to be here!!

Also, for anyone who remembers the Tummy Tub, I scored one today at a consignment shop, brand new with packaging for $3.99! Totally made my day, I wanted one ever since someone posted it here!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats Miscka + Robbie!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miscka, 13 weeks already!! Yay! I was wondering where you went. Good to hear all is well!

Dreamer, ouch! Sorry you had to go through all that, but Hunter was so worth it, right? ;)) Mine doesn't sound as bad, it's probably just the normal stretching and aches and pains down there. But the hammer description is totally spot on.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
robbie3982 said:
Can I rejoin the thread? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. EDD is May 20th. :bigsmile: First appointment is in 2 weeks and I've finally made the switch to a midwife group.

ETA: Please don't say anything on fb. We're not telling IRL until after 1st tri.

Congrats again Robbie :D

Congrats Miska :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So glad to see you all doing well! The next round of births is just around the corner!!

cupcake~ Congrats and lots of dust for you!!

Lily is 2 months old now! She is so gorgeous and sweet. She's been rewarding me at the 2 am feedings with big smiles. When I walk into the room and look down at her, she quiets and gives me the biggest most gorgeous smile--it just makes my heart melt. :love:

And, just a quick PSA--because I don't think it's mentioned enough IRL. Post partum depression is real and it can hit any woman regardless of how much she wants and loves her baby. It can actually occur during pregnancy too (towards the end usually.) If you are feeling completely overwhelmed, irrationally guilty or sad, talk to your dr. When PPD hit me, I was really taken aback. I hadn't heard of anyone IRL who had anything more than the baby blues so I felt like a failure and an awful mom. I have never felt so miserable in my entire life. All PPD isn't as severe as mine, but I wish no woman ever had to experience even the smallest amount. Please make sure you take care of yourselves!! Healthy mamas are mandatory!! :))

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny said:
So glad to see you all doing well! The next round of births is just around the corner!!

cupcake~ Congrats and lots of dust for you!!

Lily is 2 months old now! She is so gorgeous and sweet. She's been rewarding me at the 2 am feedings with big smiles. When I walk into the room and look down at her, she quiets and gives me the biggest most gorgeous smile--it just makes my heart melt. :love:

And, just a quick PSA--because I don't think it's mentioned enough IRL. Post partum depression is real and it can hit any woman regardless of how much she wants and loves her baby. It can actually occur during pregnancy too (towards the end usually.) If you are feeling completely overwhelmed, irrationally guilty or sad, talk to your dr. When PPD hit me, I was really taken aback. I hadn't heard of anyone IRL who had anything more than the baby blues so I felt like a failure and an awful mom. I have never felt so miserable in my entire life. All PPD isn't as severe as mine, but I wish no woman ever had to experience even the smallest amount. Please make sure you take care of yourselves!! Healthy mamas are mandatory!! :))

I also had bad PPD (spent a week in the hospital for it) and am still currently dealing with it (though I'm sure that has to do with the fact that I was only diagnosed recently). If anyone needs to talk, I'd be more than willing to share my experience or just listen.

Thanks for the congrats Tiffany, Miscka, Jcrow and fiery!

Has anyone experienced severe dry eye during pregnancy? I woke up twice last night in horrible plain from my eye sticking to my eyelid. I remember it happening when I was pregnant with Des and for a few months after delivery also.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, ladies!

Here's my contribution to BPF: a comparison shot from waaay back at 6 weeks to now, at almost 28 weeks! Sorry for the bare belly shot but it shows how my belly button popped out! :rodent: Almost an outie. I can't believe how big this belly is. Where's my belly twin Noel? ;)) Third tri is feeling great so far. Hope everyone else is chugging along and feeling good!

6w6d.jpg

27w4d.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, You look soooo GOOD!!! :appl: I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying pregnancy! Me too! Still in the second tri, myself, but I tell my DH that I love being pregnant so much that I feel ready to try for number 2!! Haha! Which is usually met with a response that looks something like this -- :errrr: Hahahaha!! I love it!

Miscka! Where have you been, my veggie friend!?!?! I was going to give you a shout-out several times, but thought maybe you were just taking a break. I was hoping you'd be back! Glad you are and glad that everything is going so well!!

Robbie, :appl: CONGRATULATIONS!! :appl: I'm so glad you're here, somewhat selfishly though, because I love hearing perspectives from the PS Moms!! Regarding your eyes, did your dr. prescribe anything for you last time?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage said:
I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying pregnancy! Me too! Still in the second tri, myself, but I tell my DH that I love being pregnant so much that I feel ready to try for number 2!! Haha! Which is usually met with a response that looks something like this -- :errrr: Hahahaha!! I love it!

Ha!! Love that. I keep thinking two under two sounds great!

Yep, we were both so lucky to not have to experience any morning sickness. I love being preg too except for the food and drink restrictions. I really want an iced tea loaded with caffeine and artificial sweetener. :lickout: :wavey:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
26w6d

we got the curtains hung up in the nursery and the furniture and baby buggy came in yesterday. yay! now there's 3 months to go for everything to collect dust... :tongue:

Bliss - I posted a photo of my Stokke crib on the nursery thread.

Miss Laila - looking good! I think we are still twins in size, but yours is more of a torpedo than mine and higher than mine. mine is starting to hang down a bit, I think. I am surprised my innie has not yet popped into an outie. lots of skin inside to roll out, I guess.

noelwr26w6d.jpeg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Laila and Noel! You guys have such beautiful bellies! Your skin looks so smooth. Lucky ducks! :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, you look fabulous girl!! And yay for getting stuff purchased and done!

Puppmom, thanks! I luckily have no stretch marks on my stomach (yet?), BUT have them on my hips. ;(

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Cupcake!

Laila, cute belly!

Thanks, LV! I didn't go to the Dr for it last time around. Looking back, I'm not sure why though!

Noel, your belly is so cute!

So I just got back from the eye doctor and apparently I have a corneal abrasion from my eye sticking to my eyelid this morning. Luckily eyes heal very quickly and it was already healed enough by my appointment (12 hours after) that I don't need antibiotics. She told me to use gel drops 4 times a day and this heavy duty overnight stuff for night. I have a follow up appointment on the 5th to assess how it's going and see if we need to move on to prescription stuff. Hoping to avoid that though since I don't think it's approved for pregnancy. My stupid left eye has blurred vision from the abrasion though and both eyes are having increased sensitivity to light. Booo.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh many congratulations Robbie. The very best of luck for an easy healthy pregnancy. :appl:

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I missed your original announcement.

I'm sooooo happy for you!!!

and congratulations to everyone else on this thread :appl:

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie - Congratulations, and best wishes for a fabulous pregnancy! :appl: :appl: Ugh on the corneal abrasion, though!! I have really sensitive eyes, and can't really wear contacts for more than a couple hours b/c I'm prone to abrasions, too. They are a real PITA!

Miscka - Congrats on getting through the 1st trI!!! How are you feeling?

Something Shiny - Thanks for popping in. I'm glad Lily is doing well! And to you and Dreamer - thanks for the info on PPD. Though it really hasn't crossed my mind much, it's definitly something to think about.

Laila!! LOVE the belly!! I agree w/Noel - yours is more torpedo like! Beautiful!! Congrats on the outie, too!

Noel!! You look fabulous, also!! Haha - I just showed DH you & Laila's pics, and he's like "Wow. They look a lot more pregnant than you!!" I'll probably post a pic tomorrow, at 27w even.

Here's my Preggo-brain story of the week:

DH's great aunt is turning 90. We got the invitation over a month ago - her kids are throwing a party for her at a pretty fancy place. So I wrote the date in my datebook..... today, Sept 18th. So we get all dressed up, drive a half hour to the hall, and... no party!!! I wrote the wrong date down!!! Turns out the party is *next* week! OMG, it was so embarrassing!! We sat in the parking lot for a while, trying to figure out what to do, because we were literally all dressed up with no place to go. We thought we'd crash a wedding that was being held there, but I talked DH out of it. haha... so we went out to dinner. And now we're home on a Saturday night with nothing to do, so DH is baking up some brownies, and we'll sit in and watch a movie :) Sounds good to me!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka and Robbie - CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you both have happy and healthy pregnancies.

I'm chugging along at just over 20 weeks. I'm starting to feel more pregnant with each week that passes - mild back aches sometimes, headaches, RLP and I'm still nauseous :sick: If I don't take a Zofran first thing in the morning I feel like barfing by the time I get out of bed to pee. I brought it up at my last appointment and it's hard to tell if it's pregnancy hormones or the Lovenox causing it so I'll be sticking with the Zofran a bit longer to see if it eases up a bit.

My next appointment is on Thursday and the doctor will be scheduling the anatomy scan at that visit. DH and I are still debating on whether or not to find out if we're on team pink, team blue or team green. We didn't find out with James, and that was very exciting, but I sort of want to know this time. Eeep! It's so hard to decide!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
hi all, just wanted to check in and let you all know that Noelle Madeline was born Wednesday, September 15th at 2:28 pm. She weighed 5 lbs 12 oz and was 17 3/4 in long. We are all home and adjusting to being a family of four!

L&D went really well compared to my first. When I checked into the hospital I was at 5cm but the first 24 hrs were very frustrating as I couldn't progress pass 7cm since baby was in a weird position and wouldn't move down. The doctor broke my water and immediately the contractions were more painful. Within 10 minutes, I was having super intense contractions. I remembered this pain and KNEW things were finally moving along. 40 minutes later, I had a huge contraction I couldn't breathe through and I had to push. Started pushing, DH hit the call button a second time, and about a minute later doctor and nurse came rushing in. After 11 minutes of pushing, Noelle was born! The speedy ending definitely made up for the slow beginning. I couldn't have dreamed of a better second natural labor and delivery. I've heard stories but never thought it could really happen to me. After 3 hours of intense pain and 4.5 hours of pushing with my son, I am so thankful to have experienced this L&D with my daughter!

91510.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, despite all the discomforts and pains that come with pregnancy, I would love to hear what you are most grateful for, other than that you're going to have a sweet little baby in your arms at the end of this.

I am most grateful for:
1. no visit from Aunt Flow for 9 months
2. the 13 weekends I have left to sleep in
3. the 2 weeks vacation coming up which is the last time DH and I will be vacationing alone for a while
4. pregnancy swimming classes
5. pregnancy massage
6. the love all our family members already have for this baby who hasn't even joined us yet

- - -

snlee - she is so sweet! and thanks for naming her Noelle and spelling it the feminine way. my name is spelled Noël, and obviously the two dots over the 'e' go missing in e-mails, so people at work think they're having a conversation with a guy until they get me on the phone. sometimes I really wonder what my parents were thinking.

Diva - good luck on deciding if you want to know the sex or not! what a tough decision if you already kept it a surprise with the first.

Lynnie - at least if your husband ever complains that you're big, you can always show him my pics and say it could be worse! :cheeky: the good part of your preggo brain story is that the party is a week after and not a week before. mmmm.... warm brownies with vanilla ice cream. we had that a couple of weeks back.

robbie - I've heard of dry eyes during pregnancy, but your condition just sounds downright uncomfortable. DH recently had laser treatment and he got really scared in the middle of the night when his eyelids got stuck to his eyes and wouldn't open up. luckily it's all going better now.

Laila - also no stretchmarks here. though they say stretchmarks are genetic, I oil my belly every morning and evening, just in case. I've also got some on my hips and thighs but those were there previously. I wish I didn't have the linea negra, though.

geri

Shiny_Rock
Noel and Laila - your bellies are fabulous. How exciting to be hitting the third trimester!

Snlee - congratulations - she is so precious!

Miscka and Robbie - Welcome and wishing you both a smooth ride. Robbie - I hope your eyes are better soon.

I know it's not Friday but here is my latest BPF. I thought I would save it till today which is 20 weeks exactly! Can't believe we are half way there!

IMG00030-20100919-1618.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations snlee!! Noelle is beautiful :love:

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
aw, geri, she makes the cutest teeniest bump.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results