shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Pad Experts…

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
I did get it from Jupiter Gems. @bcandy suggested I look there earlier in this thread. They were very pleasant to deal with and helpful in giving me information on which stone was the closest to meeting the criteria I set for myself. The one I returned was from Mark Sarosi of Africa Gems. He was also very nice and extremely easy to deal with.

@Kevin Bryant, thank you for the suggestion. The stone did come with a GIA cert stating heat treatment only. I was under the impression that GIA tests for beryllium, as well. Am I incorrect in assuming that?

yes Gia test for B.E

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yes Gia test for B.E
Thanks! I limited my search to GIA or AGL stones. There seems to be many sketchy labs out there. I wasn't interested in taking any chances.

Thanks everyone for your input. I was pretty sure this was a good decision but hearing from all of you definitely makes me feel reassured. I'ill be keeping this stone. Yippee!

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@natasha-cupcake Good call on returning and then keeping the second one. It's a lot closer to what a pad should be and for that matter, looking at the second photo, I think it does qualify for one. The color seems to be very well mixed and the orange-yellow-pink components are a lot more desirable than the slightly purplish/lavender pastel pink. The saturation is a lot better too.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake Good call on returning and then keeping the second one. It's a lot closer to what a pad should be and for that matter, looking at the second photo, I think it does qualify for one. The color seems to be very well mixed and the orange-yellow-pink components are a lot more desirable than the slightly purplish/lavender pastel pink. The saturation is a lot better too.
Thank you! Coming from you, that's really good to hear. I consider you the "Pickiest Pad Person" here and that's meant as a huge compliment! :razz:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I'm happy you got a nice padparadscha. Now you've got to decide how to set it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results