shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Emerald Lovers!! Please help me stay on course

Drizzle

Rough_Rock
That's very pretty. I like the tone and intensity. Some may prefer a darker tone but I like whatever makes the color "pop" the most -- and this seems to be it.

I did not read all of the above but I would not buy an emerald without a report attesting to degree of treatment. It should be mild; if it's higher, I would not touch. ("None" to "minimal" might be out of sight right now, price-wise.) Emerald is so weird that way. Each lab uses different nomenclature.

With that Cartier bangle and other sparkler, I'm guessing you have a nice budget so there are a lot of options...

Hahaha I wish!!! :lol: This is my Valentine's gift from DH this year and not supposed to be a big blown-out project, so I'm actually trying to keep it really reasonable....hence the decision to have the setting made by an reputable oversea vendor as opposed to going with PS'er favorites like CvB, DK.

The vendor I sourced the stone from guaranteed the treatment level to be F2 or less, colorless cedar oil only. Due to the timing/logistics of everything, I won't be able to send it to AGS for testing until after it's been mounted in a ring (I know I know I know)...which I'm planning to do still.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
treatment level to be F2 or less, colorless cedar oil only.

I don't know if the first and second half of that statement go together...

I think F2 is "moderate" which is getting up there, imo. But if the budget is an issue, then you may be stuck with that.

voce

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I don't know how I missed when you updated with the news that you got the 2.64. It's got a lovely sheen, and I just want to give a belated congrats. Don't worry, there's plenty of PS'ers who haven't had projects with DK or CVB, myself included. Congrats again on your emerald! It's beautiful. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results