Calling All Emerald Cut Experts...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1403013249|3694913 said:
Rubies-R-Me|1403011484|3694882 said:
"no biz buying the earrings.." You are hilarious! :lol:
Nope.. not on the west coast.. on the east. :???:
Is the emerald cut that might be "the one" set in a ring or a loose stone?
You must be sooooo excited to see it.
I love the signed ruby finery that you posted for me.. especially the ruby eternity band and the 3 stone ring. Do you know any details about the 3 stone ring? :love:
Your new Tiffany emerald cut earrings sound like a wow. Are they more square or rectangle?
Fun! Fun! Fun!!!!

Love both of those too! I will get more details.
I bought the ring as is, so it has two .50 half moons flanking the 5 carat. I will likely have to re-set it. Here's a shot of the earrings. I can't wait to see them because I've tried emerald cut studs in the past, and they always read smaller than their carat weight to me. There is also a three stone ring, all D VVS stones as well, nearly 5 carats total, but I don't know if it will have the finger coverage I want. This is this last ring I'm buying for a while so I want it to be FANTASTIC!

WOW! Were these from Beladora? Saw some on their site.....

cheers--Sharon

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I guess this is the reason people don't post pictures here... Lessons I'm learning.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I'm confused - what happened?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes people just forget I think Rande... I would really love to see your new emerald/asscher stone.. I have a stone (my engagement ring from my decent husband ;-) 1.64 stone, it's numbers make it average.. it is a beautiful stone to me and full of character and it shines in the sun and I love it.. several of the professional say you have to see a stone.. :) I sincerely hope you post a picture.. I love the emerald earrings! in my case, I would make then a ring! because I would love an emerald cut diamond ring.. lottery !!! I play the lottery.. I indeed play in monthly!! your jewelry is stellar.. thank you for sharing!

:love: :love: :love: :love:

RandG|1403017369|3694971 said:
I guess this is the reason people don't post pictures here... Lessons I'm learning.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1403019618|3694996 said:
Sometimes people just forget I think Rande... I would really love to see your new emerald/asscher stone.. I have a stone (my engagement ring from my decent husband ;-) 1.64 stone, it's numbers make it average.. it is a beautiful stone to me and full of character and it shines in the sun and I love it.. several of the professional say you have to see a stone.. :) I sincerely hope you post a picture.. I love the emerald earrings! in my case, I would make then a ring! because I would love an emerald cut diamond ring.. lottery !!! I play the lottery.. I indeed play in monthly!! your jewelry is stellar.. thank you for sharing!

:love: :love: :love: :love:

+1 RandG, please post pictures! Although it may not fall into "the perfect proportions" some others like, it doesn't mean it's not an absolute knockout! Even the experts have said time and time again that some of the most beautiful stones can break all the "rules"! (again, how many times has it been said that you can't buy fancies by the numbers?? you buy the stone, not the papers or percentages listed... :rolleyes: ) We would love to see it!! :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon!!!
That last ring.. the ruby one????
OH MY GAWD.. perfection!!!! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403039811|3695209 said:
Sharon!!!
That last ring.. the ruby one????
OH MY GAWD.. perfection!!!! :appl:

The auction is on the 22nd......Your US Dollar would go VERY far!!!! :naughty:

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How would I even bid on it? :shock: I don't know anything about auctions.. it's soooo beautiful!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403040425|3695217 said:
How would I even bid on it? :shock: I don't know anything about auctions.. it's soooo beautiful!!!

HI:

You are East Coast right...you could "fy in" / person. Otherwise they have a bid in absentee system. You register. You can put the ring on your "list".... Via the computer you can link to the auction live....

http://www.dupuis.ca/Dupuis-Live.jsp

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just emailed them.. I wasn't able to access the GIA report from their website. I will see if they answer me soon. Fingers crossed.
I did see the link about absentee bidding.. I will see what the GIA report says about the ruby and then decide what to do.
Thanks for the link Sharon.. it's a beauty!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403040794|3695225 said:
I just emailed them.. I wasn't able to access the GIA report from their website. I will see if they answer me soon. Fingers crossed.
I did see the link about absentee bidding.. I will see what the GIA report says about the ruby and then decide what to do.
Thanks for the link Sharon.. it's a beauty!!!!

not GIA...Gubelin

http://dupuis.ca/archive/images/Auctions/72/cert/355.pdf

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon!
Yes.. I did see the Gubelin one. However when I clicked on your link it looked like there was a tiny GIA report at the bottom.
Do you see that too?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403041168|3695231 said:
Hi Sharon!
Yes.. I did see the Gubelin one. However when I clicked on your link it looked like there was a tiny GIA report at the bottom.
Do you see that too?
HI:

Yes, I did see that. I also wondered. Perhaps it is just a stock "photo" indicating/for a lab cert, since most stones are GIA certed.

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahaaa! Maybe that's it. I will let you know if they email me back.
Thanks Sharon!!!!! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403041625|3695234 said:
Ahaaa! Maybe that's it. I will let you know if they email me back.
Thanks Sharon!!!!! :wavey:

Yes,, please do! :appl:

.......Just keeping RandG's spot warm til she returns.... :))

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haaahaaa! We have hijacked this thread for sure! :lol: I'm sure she won't mind.
I just heard back from them..

There is no GIA report for this lot. However there is a Gubelin Gem Lab
Report, please see attached.

Kind Regards,

It's too much for me to buy sight unseen without an "official" report.
Thanks anyway though Sharon.. it was an exciting few minutes!! :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1403042470|3695244 said:
Haaahaaa! We have hijacked this thread for sure! :lol: I'm sure she won't mind.
I just heard back from them..

There is no GIA report for this lot. However there is a Gubelin Gem Lab
Report, please see attached.

Kind Regards,

It's too much for me to buy sight unseen without an "official" report.
Thanks anyway though Sharon.. it was an exciting few minutes!! :D

HI:

Gubelin is great--although the stone appears to have been, evaluated, set. Maybe Ii should buy it! :cheeky:

OKOK hijack over. RandG, where are you??? :wavey:

cheer--Sharon

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I did a really bad thing today.... I will post reveal on Friday, if I have it by then. Most amazing ring ever. Vintage Cartier. Huge. 1920's. I may retire from collecting now. I'm done. Of course, I still have to find my vintage emerald cut, but after that, no more. After this one, I am completely satisfied. Can't wait to share :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait!!!!! :shock: :D

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1403046872|3695293 said:
I can't wait!!!!! :shock: :D

Me too! I'm definitely purging some pieces now!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1403046785|3695292 said:
I did a really bad thing today.... I will post reveal on Friday, if I have it by then. Most amazing ring ever. Vintage Cartier. Huge. 1920's. I may retire from collecting now. I'm done. Of course, I still have to find my vintage emerald cut, but after that, no more. After this one, I am completely satisfied. Can't wait to share :)

CRUEL to make us wait! Cartier Cartier Cartier Cartier Cartier....me loves me loves me loves..... :love:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Please tell me--rather SHOW me--you have something in your possession! I have to go out but when I come home I hope to see glorious baubles! :appl: :love: :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Rand,

I hope you will post some photos, if I am understanding correctly the reasons why you wouldn't want to, with fancy cuts I have seen time and time again that the numbers don't always mean much at all for these shapes. I have seen some beauties with ' perfect' numbers and some not so perfect proportions, you just can't tell. We would hate for posters to feel unable to post their new acquisitions because the proportions might not ' match up' on paper!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, Cartier!!! :love: I am soooo happy for you and can't wait to see it!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The Tiffany emerald cut earrings are incredible as well!!! :love: :love: :love:

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1403277852|3697255 said:
HI:

Please tell me--rather SHOW me--you have something in your possession! I have to go out but when I come home I hope to see glorious baubles! :appl: :love: :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

The sizing ended up a bit more complicated that expected so my ring isn't shipping until today so I will have it tomorrow. BUT, I will give you a hint... It was featured in this weeks Wall Street Journal... :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh.. that is terrific! I looked at the wsj.com but I couldn't find anything about jewelry.. :cry:
You must be overwhelmed with excitement! :D :D :D

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Rubies-R-Me|1403289063|3697374 said:
Oooh.. that is terrific! I looked at the wsj.com but I couldn't find anything about jewelry.. :cry:
You must be overwhelmed with excitement! :D :D :D

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! The story of this ring is so incredible!

I first saw it nearly a year ago in London at a very good dealer who I always visit when I'm in town. It was love at first sight. I tried to negotiate but he wouldn't budge. I've long learned its better to walk away than get emotional and overpay so I let it go. Periodically, I'd check in with the dealer to see if he changed his mind. On my last inquiry three months ago he told me he sold it to a US dealer! Then one day, as I'm doing my usual searches of new inventory at my top ten dealers, I see my ring! I contacted the dealer and of course, the price had gone up, considerably. The dealer and I remained in touch, over the last few months, as I tried to buy the ring. On the day it was in the Wall Street Journal and USA Today, I knew if I didn't pull he trigger, I'd lose it again. I made a final offer and the owner accepted!

Every collector has a holy grail or two, that unique piece you search tray after tray looking for. Well, I have a few and this is one of them. Yes, its vintage Cartier (in the original box), but beyond its maker, the cut of this stone is so unusual, so magnificent, I don't know if I will ever look at any of my other old cuts the same way. I have a video of the ring. It's been on a continuous loop for the last two days. I am mesmerized by the facets on this stone.

Also (here's another hint), it's the first large stone I've seen with a GIA designation of this type, since GIA began using this new cut type designation a short time ago.

I had plans tomorrow. I cancelled them just so I can sit at home waiting for the delivery. I can't imagine this baby having to spend the night in on a delivery truck. It just wouldn't be right...

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
We are all dying here, no video clip to share???

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! What a story! I know just what you mean.
Sometimes there is a VERY special piece that you see.. fall in love with.. and then vow.. "one day you shall be mine." :shock:
I'm (and I'm sure a few hundred others from PS!) super excited to see your grail and share all the smiles!
Can you post a link to the WSJ? If not no worries.. :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results