carat
color
clarity

Calling all Color Intollerant PSers

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good one! :lol-2:
That's why I snapped up the 2.31 Q-VVS2, only 20% of my Symphonie diamond.
Remind me- are they similar sizes (I know they are both huge, but can’t remember how close carat weight is)? 20% really puts it into perspective, does it? :eek2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of people are fine with H... it really depends on your own tolerance. In fact, some people, like @Gussie , prefer lower color stones

:wavey: Count me in that gaggle of ‘lower-color’ lovers! My tycoon is an F but it throws so many primary colors I am okay with that. Otherwise, the high colors (beautiful as they are) just feel ‘sterile’ to my eyes while the subtle tint in the J/K range adds depth & dimension. My wallet loves it as well!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Count me in that gaggle of ‘lower-color’ lovers! My tycoon is an F but it throws so many primary colors I am okay with that. Otherwise, the high colors (beautiful as they are) just feel ‘sterile’ to my eyes while the subtle tint in the J/K range adds depth & dimension. My wallet loves it as well!
Speaking of your tycoon, I was thinking about it the other day when I saw a pair of tycoon side stones on LT. Have you figured out how you are going to set it yet? :geek2:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a 1.5ish E SI2 becomes available, I will be in trouble! I am very thankful that I’m clarity blind!
The new pics you posted of your E a week or two ago was the reason I even started looking to see if an upgrade was possible. I went to HPD to see if there were any SI2s in higher colors I could squeeze into. There weren’t, so I expanded my search slightly, etc.

So really, I have you and your E to thank for my upgrade :lol-2:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of your tycoon, I was thinking about it the other day when I saw a pair of tycoon side stones on LT. Have you figured out how you are going to set it yet? :geek2:

I saw those as well. I do have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but work has been crazy for the last month or so, and we have some other things going on, so it’s just not bubbled up to the top of the priority list yet to have time to make a final decision & pull the trigger . I do hope to get to it soon though. ;)2

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw those as well. I do have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but work has been crazy for the last month or so, and we have some other things going on, so it’s just not bubbled up to the top of the priority list yet to have time to make a final decision & pull the trigger . I do hope to get to it soon though. ;)2
Can’t wait to see it!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color is expensive...It is cheaper to be color blind than clarity blind...:lol:
Or you could be me and be color and clarity blind like a real weirdo!

Edit. I think it's worth noting that it's easier (IMHO) to be clarity "tolerant" when you are also flexible on color. Lower colors hide inclusions more easily in my experience. So sometimes they go together

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F6F4E4E2-B082-4CA1-8E75-E1B005138B3F.jpeg
The new pics you posted of your E a week or two ago was the reason I even started looking to see if an upgrade was possible. I went to HPD to see if there were any SI2s in higher colors I could squeeze into. There weren’t, so I expanded my search slightly, etc.

So really, I have you and your E to thank for my upgrade :lol-2:

Happy to help! I’m about to update my other thread with this morning’s sunshine shots! A teaser....

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I think that's a good way to describe it. I like the K through M range for old cuts, but recently got a gia Q-r that I think will look great with rubies. I have a pair of loose f color diamonds that are going as stations in a necklace but they are sterile to me. I bought them for the cut- duchess cut.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since you asked =)2

F9DE8B9E-C8C6-4BCE-A545-FA26ADF744AA.png

Wewechew, what a lovely diamond, I can’t wait to see it on your hand! I’m interested to hear if you think you were drawn to your G over the E because of its particular cut (if any). I know that I am drawn to smaller percentage (thicker) LGFs and smaller tables of antique cuts and your CBI has 76 LGF and 55.6 table. To me, color becomes less compelling when the the cut creates light flashes that are chunkier. Do you think you preferred one stone’s cut to another and found color to be just as beautiful? Did you notice a big difference in color, in person? I’m considering going down in color and I wonder your thoughts on G color being the sweet spot for superideal... I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LightBright I purposefully picked an E with almost identical proportions. I did not notice a huge difference in color in person. That’s not to say I won’t start to notice the color in my new G the longer I have it. I’m actually really curious to see if that happens. So stay tuned... :twisted2:
0B12E3A8-0B35-4393-861A-2586E59616E1.png

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I would think I am comfortable wz F but if I choose size over color, G is the lowest. I could easily distinguish a F from E but failed between D & E.
If I get a low F, it will be close to the near colorless range.
If I get a low E, it still falls within the colorless range.
E is just next to D but not too close to G.
Moreover I might seem too greedy asking for D all the time right?
Hence E is my favorite :tongue: =)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I start to see just a slight hint of color at G, but F color diamonds don't really look crisp, icy white to me. So, I like to stick with the D/E color range for rings. For all other pieces, G/H is fine, even though I can see the tint.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results