shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Asscher Lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
So you guys...I was at a party this weekend with Kate Hudson. She was standing RIGHT next to me, (with her hubby) but her left hand was down at her side. I couldnt see her setting. As she moved away, I saw the ring slip from one side to another, (it was ginormous). Then, she was no more than 10 feet away, and I was in a dark room and this thing sparkled like a firecracker. I was DYING. If you guys dont know, Asschers are my favorite thing in the world, and I''ve been hunting for a pic of her ring ever since she got engaged. Its so not fair, I deserve to see the ring! I''m the girl that loves asschers! LOL

I know you PS girls know she''s got a vintage cut Asscher, in an art Deco setting, platinum. But its been a rather elusive search to find out what the REAL ring looks like. (I''m so obsessive I have an entire look-book full of all the ring styles I love with asschers in the center just so whenever that right guy proposes, I can hand him the book and say HERE YOU GO. THIS IS WHAT I WANT. LOL).

I think I was drooling so much, my sweet boyfriend had to pry me away from where she was standing. He forced me to go mingle with the others so I wouldnt look like such a weirdo.

I have exhaustively searched to find her REAL ring, but havent been able to see it.

Girls, it was ALL I could do to not turn my head and say, "Excuse me, I''m a PS''r and I need to see your ring. Just hand it over. This wont take long. Just need to look at the setting!"

Does ANYBODY have pics of her ring? I know Neil Lane sold Robinson the ring...but maybe it was made by Leon Mege? Come on somebody has to be sitting on a real pic or know something more than "Chris Robinson purchased the ring from jeweler to the stars, Neil Lane." WHO made the ring.

I''m dying here!!!!
Desiree
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Standing right next to you? You should have asked her about it. What an opportunity. I''m sure she would not have thought you were weird. I''d think even famous people would like to get a nice compliment on their jewelry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the pics I have seen haven''t been very good. Man I would have loved to see that in person. How fun!!!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I dont know, I Thought it might have been really rude. Considering how much buzz there is already about her ring. I just couldnt bring myself to do it.

And my boyfriend was like, "if youre going to go up there, you''re all on your own. I''m not coming with ya!"

So, I just couldnt. When you''re in a room with a lot of celebs, you''re viewed as a lot cooler if you just ignore them and dont stare and let them just be. I didnt want to make myself look stupid.

And mara, THANKS for the photo, but that wasnt what it looked like. I''d seen so many various ''real'' rings of hers...none of them looked like that. I didnt see any side stones (tapered baguettes), etc.

Thats why I was really confused. And she had that thing very very hidden.

Oh such is life.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe it wasn''t her engagement ring? I have seen celebs wear some really over the top jewelry in mags when they are at events and stuff, even changing out their e-ring and w-ring for something for the night, maybe it was a totally different ring?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OOH!OOH!OOH! A room full of celebs, who else was there? Orlando Bloom??? heeheehee

i love asschers too and would also be dying to see a ring like that in person!
27.gif
(green with envy)

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
matt dillon, owen wilson, sean penn, and chris robinson.
a bunch of directors.

this thing shined like you''d never believe. it was so gorgeous you guys. i was just dying. i wish i could find what it really looked like.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a FUN evening! What does she look like in real life? As adorable as she does on the screen??!!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock

Girls, it was ALL I could do to not turn my head and say, "Excuse me, I''m a PS''r and I need to see your ring. Just hand it over. This wont take long. Just need to look at the setting!"

LOL, no you should have said I am a PS''r and I need to take a picture of your ring. You know no one would have forgiven you if you didn''t have pictures to post!!
25.gif
But seriously, that must have been so cool. I would love to see her gorgeous asscher
30.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
You''re telling me! I''m still sick about it. For YEARS I''ve been dying to see that ring.

Now the opportunity is gone.

I wonder if I should post this thread elsewhere on PS....somebody has gotta know something. Maybe Leon Mege did make her ring...if he made Ashley Judds, maybe he made Kates. Neil Lane sold both of em...

Kate is TINY in person. I''m 5''7". I was in 4" Gucci heels, and I was TOWERING over her. She was in heels too. I bet at most she''s 5''2". And very very skinny.

She''s still real cute, but she has bad skin. Lots of wrinkles around her eyes...she smoked all night. Poor thing.

I NEED HER RING THO. FORGET THE ROCKER HUSBAND. HAND OVER THE RING NOW!!!!!!!!!!! SO I CAN BE IN ASSCHER HEAVEN! AN ANTIQUE CUT TOO.

Sigh, I bet it has an open cutlet just like the 1922 cartier ring.
Sigh.

Thank goodness I can share this stuff with you guys!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh wow, I guess it is hit or miss. Part of me wonders if you just would of went up and said "excuse me but your ring is goregous may I see it? " Part of me wonders if she would of been happy to show you and show off her bling like the rest of us are!!! But I know what your talking about, I have gotten to meet a couple rock stars, and being aloof definatly makes them more comfortable. :) I wouldn''t doubt if it was a whole different ring...with that kind of money he could of upgraded her ring or she could of pulled a JLo.....bought it for herself!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{{ Part of me wonders if she would of been happy to show you and show off her bling like the rest of us are!!! }}}}

I''m sure everyone is different, so who knows, but I was perusing a book by Elizabeth Taylor once at Barnes and Noble, "My Love Affair with Jewelry", and she sounded like not only did she let you admire her gorgeous diamond ring, she would let you try it on! I found the excerpt on the net:

My Ice Skating Rink

"By now people know about the Krupp diamond that Richard bought for me, but my darling Mike gave me a magnificent 29.4-carat ring when we got engaged. I used to call it my ''ice skating rink.'' Even then, back in the late 1950s, people would stop me and ask me about my jewelry -- they still do, as a matter of fact -- and sometimes they''ve even asked to try it on, which I love.

"Toward the end of 1957, Mike and I had been on this crazy junket promoting Around the World in 80 Days, and our last stop was in Russia. We were on a tour in one of the great museums and we had this darling Russian guide with beautiful gray hair, and he was dressed in a perfectly matching gray suit. He was showing us the painting and sculpture galleries, and the jewelry, which was my main interest. When we came out of the museum, my diamond ring (which I had to sell years later) was sparkling away in the sunshine, and this dear man couldn''t take his eyes off it. He looked at me and said, ''I mean no offense, madam, but a stone of that beauty should be in a museum, where everyone can see it.'' ''You know,'' I answered, ''I disagree with you. When I wear it, anyone can look at it, and I''ll let anybody try it on. So more people have probably touched this stone, seen the beauty in the pure sunshine or when it sparkles at night. Anyone who is around me can see it up close. Isn''t that better than putting it in a museum? How many people in a museum can actually take a rock of this size out of a case and put it on their finger? Besides, I take care of it. It''s a part of me while I have it, and I''m there to protect it and insure it.'' At that moment he finally understood what I meant. Then I asked whether he wanted to try it on."

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thats awesome of her!I''m sure there are also tons of celebs that would balk at the idea of letting someone even ogle thier jewels hahaha

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I know you said you wanted an upclose pic of Hudsons ring, this is an advertisement from an imitation cz site but it shows an upclose photo of her real ring in the circle:

tpa_1880_1564268

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Dude, I would been a shameless ''tard and gone RIGHT UP to her. (And probably been bounced from the party, but I am such a ring stalker in person I wouldn''t have been able to resist.) Both she and Reese Witherspoon would have to get a restraining order against my asscher-drooling-gawking!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Blueroses, I would have done exactly the same thing! (After two glasses of champagne!)

blondy1623

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a ring that looks just like Kate Hudson''s. After I bought it I looked for a picture of her ring and never could find the original picture I saw of hers. I tried to upload some pics and it said that my file was to big. If you send me your email address I will email them to you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
blondie...resize the file down to a smaller size and make sure it''s under 100kb, then try to upload!

blondy1623

Rough_Rock
pic 3

Still can''t find Kate Hudson''s ring. But I believe it looks very similar to this.

hud11111.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Blondy, you simply must run to the Show me the Ring section and start a new thread for your lovely. It is truly deserving of its own limelight. Do not share with Kate Hudson''s thread. BTW, it''s simply gorgeous. Don''t forget the specs and your ring size. Welcome to Pricescope also.

shay

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Hi Blondy....ditto what Shay said!

It''s gorgeous@

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes please Blondy!!! That ring needs it''s own thread. OMG, it''s just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

blondy1623

Rough_Rock
Thank you, now that I''ve figured out how to post pics. I think I will put it on its own thread. I had the center stone for 3 months before I finally found the antique setting. It seemed like forever. The center diamond specs are 2.11, F, VS2.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MAN!! That''s just gorgeous. You and Kate are two of the luckiest Asscher gals around. I especially love the prongs, that cup and grasp the stone gently without looking blobby like some newer settings.

Keep looking for that dern Kate Hudson photo though!!
2.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT PICTURE BLONDY1623!!!!!!

Your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Blondy, Can you post of picture of the profile of the ring?

I''d like to see the setting from the side :)

Sorry, havent checked this thread in a while.

It is so beautiful!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results