shape
carat
color
clarity

Caleb Meyer for my oec?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love #1 - I think an OEC would look amazing in it. Such a great, antiquey classic look!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 3:41:08 PM
Author: Upgradable
Here is the James Meyer I was considering. I got a very reasonable quote for a yellow gold bezel and wraps with a white gold ring.
I just love this one!!!
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I received quotes on all of the pieces, and these two are financially feasible. So I need to choose between the Caleb Meyer as it is shown, with added milgraining on the inside of the bezel. The James Meyer would be done with an 18k yellow gold bezel and yellow gold wraps. The rest of the ring would be in 18k unplated white gold (like coati's). I am especially concerned with the scale of the ring since my stone only measures 6.0x6.2.

Given the choice between the Caleb Meyer and the James Meyer, which would you choose?

James & Caleb comparison.JPG

beach

Brilliant_Rock
IMHO James Meyer for sure. I like the flow and proportions of it better.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re both fabulous, but I''d do JM .

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Caleb Meyer 1816. In fact, I like it so much that I think I need one. Really bad!!!!

I take it he is related to James Meyer? OK, I just read on his site that that's his dad. Keeping gorgeous jewelry designs in the family I see.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 3:41:08 PM
Author: Upgradable
Here is the James Meyer I was considering. I got a very reasonable quote for a yellow gold bezel and wraps with a white gold ring.
I like this one the best because the bezel doesn't look as heavy as the rest. The double bezel on the others makes the stone look smaller, kind of overpowering the stone which will affect a smaller stone to a larger degree than a bigger stone. The milgrain also softens the look, giving it a more antique touch.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 11:05:39 AM
Author: beach
Ditto.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 1:03:17 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/28/2009 11:05:39 AM
Author: beach
Ditto.
Thritto. Yay, what an exciting project!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Coati says the band on her James Meyer is about 1.4mm wide before the split. What do you think about something this delicate on the size 7.5 finger of a 47 year old woman?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think it''d be too delicate at all! How wide would both rings be including the bezel if the stone is 6mm? I prefer the CM1816.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is there anyway you could try on 2 rings of comparable size?
I would hate for you to commission something and not be comfortable with it in the end!

In theory I think the thinner shank would be lovely, but it would be helpful to compare photos of similar widths on your finger

Just as another option-- have you asked JM if he can make it thicker? (if thats what you would prefer)
They don''t call ''em custom for nothin''!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
The James Meyer is a winner for me.

Nice choices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results