shape
carat
color
clarity

Cake in the face, yea or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
NAY! That''s just gross. And in my personal opinion, a but passive aggressive.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
We did some smashing.

39n9310640_42967591_8380.jpg

40n9310640_42967592_8653.jpg

41n9310640_42967593_8930.jpg

DH and I are fun and playful people and formally feeding it to each other just wouldn''t have been us. We didn''t even use forks. It wasn''t mean spirited and I don''t think it makes us or our wedding gross or classless.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I personally didn''t want cake smashed on my face, and let DH know ahead of time that it would make me unhappy. I had a sweet 16 back in the day and someone smashed cake on my face. It got all over my dress and I looked like a mess for the rest of the night. It''s sad because I had felt so pretty earlier in the night and felt like I looked awful the rest of the night. Unforuntately that really tainted my memory of an otherwise amazing party. Silly I know, but the memories of that made me have a little talk with DH about not smearing cake on me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen that happen over here thankfully-I would kill him if he smashed cake in my face
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 12:01:04 AM
Author: choro72
Last year at my friend''s wedding, the cake cutting took unusually long and I was wondering what was going on. He later told me that he knew NOTHING about cake cutting traditions. He knew that there are cakes at weddings but he didn''t know that they were supposed to feed each other. This was what was going on between them.

They cut cake, put it on the plate, and groom tries to pick up the plate to make it easier to eat.
Bride: ''What are you doing?''
Groom: ''huh?''
Bride: ''Put the plate down''
Groom: ''But it''s easier...''
Bride: ''Put the plate down, NOW''
Groom: Confused and timidly, ''okay...plate is on the table...''
The groom scoops it with a fork and starts to eat himself.
Bride: ''No, we''re supposed to feed each other!''
Groom: ''Oh really? Okay, here...'' Picks up the plate again so that he can catch the crumbs when he feeds her.
Bride: Smiling and gritting teeth, ''Put. The. Plate. Down.''

Well, it took them a good five minutes to put that cake in each others mouths but their faces were cake free
3.gif

As for me, I am not spending money on hair and makeup to have it messed up by cake smashing.
14.gif
Groom will be in big trouble.

Ha, Ha!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
That''s funny!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
The last wedding I was at it the groom''s brother and SIL were the best man and MOH. When they cut the cake, bride and groom smushed it in THEIR faces. Just a little smush though. Now that was pretty funny.
9.gif

I wouldn''t want FF to do it for the same reasons mentioned - hair, makeup, $1000 garment on...

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Hell-NAY. Where did this tradition come from? I really don''t get it and anytime I see it happen I feel uncomfortable. How is it funny or cute to see people dressed in the most expensive clothes they will probably ever wear - smoosh cake in each other''s faces? I hate it.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:23:56 AM
Author: WishfulThinking

Date: 7/23/2008 9:13:16 PM
Author: thing2of2
A huge NAY here. I was just talking about this a few weekends ago!

At my brother''s BIL''s wedding (complicated, I know!) the bride and groom fed each other cake nicely and then the bride''s BROTHER ran up and SMASHED an entire piece of cake in her face. My brother and his wife could not believe it. The bride was crying and the groom just stood there and didn''t know what to do. My brother''s wife said it wrecked her make up and was all over her hair and dress, too. So horrible!
Oh....goodness. Wow. I really don''t even know what to say to that, since my eyes are bugging out of my head at the thought. That sibling would be SO CROSSED OFF THE CHRISTMAS CARD LIST.
29.gif
20.gif

I would be livid. Is it bad of me to file that under unforgivable actions?

NovemberBride- I think the cake on the nose is supercute. It is VERY different from smashing it belligerently into your loved-one''s face and possibly ruining the way they look for the rest of the day. It''s the difference between cute and playful and what is [to me] bordering on violent and disrespectful. Your picture is really sweet, by the way!
I know! Everyone was shocked. The brother was like 30ish and the bride was not particularly close to him, so it wasn''t like some weird sibling practical joke gone bad or anything.

My brother said he seriously would have tackled someone if they did that to his wife, and he is definitely not the fighting type!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:46:55 AM
Author: Gypsy
2.gif

Date: 7/23/2008 9:13:16 PM
Author: thing2of2
A huge NAY here. I was just talking about this a few weekends ago!

At my brother''s BIL''s wedding (complicated, I know!) the bride and groom fed each other cake nicely and then the bride''s BROTHER ran up and SMASHED an entire piece of cake in her face. My brother and his wife could not believe it. The bride was crying and the groom just stood there and didn''t know what to do. My brother''s wife said it wrecked her make up and was all over her hair and dress, too. So horrible!
OMG!
29.gif
I don''t have a brother, but I can honestly tell you if ANYONE did that to me... Holy Heck, they''d better watch out. I do not forgive and forget. (I do just flat out forget cause my memory makes swiss cheese look substantial... but BOY when I remember again!).
2.gif
I know! I would have been on "When Brides Attack" if that happened to me. My brother and his wife said it was so terrible.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
No thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I dabbed a tiny amount of frosting on DH''s nose and kissed it off. I think that''s okay...

..but the smashing cake seems like a really aggressive move ( as in "you''ve been a total b**** leading up to this wedding, so HA! REVENGE!") and it really creeps me out. At the weddings I''ve attended where couples have done this, I''ve felt awkward and uncomfortable as a guest...it''s sortof like watching a couple snap at each other for something stupid, and you just want to sneak away without being noticed situation..

Bottom line for me, the couple is going to get "playfully" aggressive with each other on the wedding day, I wish they''d just wait until they''re in the hotel suite instead of acting out on that in front of their guests.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results