shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs of east-west marquise halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
I''ve posted here on and off in the past few months about setting a marquise that DBF (almost fiance!) inherited. After a lot of research and thinking, DBF decided he really wanted to be able to work with someone local (we are in Chattanooga TN) to establish a relationship with a jeweler and have someone to go back to if there are any problems. We talked to all the nice jewelery stores in town but all of them used out of town designers, so we chose to work with a small local designer who had designed a gorgeous ring for a friend of mine, Arney Guess Goldsmiths (Tyler is our designer). It''s been a great experience so far, Tyler has had great ideas and helpful suggestions along the way. I even stopped contacting him for a while when we were just kind of thinking and trying to decide what to do, and he sent me pictures, checked in on me, etc. Great guy.

My favorite part so far-- when we were deciding the specifics and discussing how nice the diamone melee should be, I asked for his opinion-- I told him I didn''t want to pay for more quality than I could see, but I didn''t want to go cheap and not end up happy since the center stone is a nice quality. His response: "If you want me to be honest, I think you''re really picky, so if you can afford it you should go with the higher quality." It''s honesty like that that sold us on this store!!!

Anyway, attached are the CAD drawings. There are some things that are out of proportion (like the prongs that will hold the melee), and ignore my handwritten note not to forget the milgrain!, but you can get the general idea. It''s a mish mash of about 12 different ideas, Tiffany Legacy, an Infinity line design, several Tacori designs.

It is presently "in production" and DBF and I are both so eager to get on with the engagement, I don''t think he''ll be able to hold onto it long before proposing. At least, I hope so

28.gif

I''ll post more pics when it''s on my finger!

The center stone is ~1.25 ct, it''s never been weighed outside of the old setting so I won''t know for sure til I get the appraisal with the new setting.

cad marquise halo 3.jpg

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

That looks beautiful - is your avatar the stone in the original setting?

I think milgrain would look amazing, too... but you can always add that later if you ant to change the look down the track.

Can''t wait to see the finished product
9.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see this ring! An E/W marquise is one of my favorite looks! It''s going to be stunning!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be one SPECTACULAR ring! I''m in love with the east-west marquis look! SO GORGEOUS!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is going to be a gorgeous setting!

I''m not normally a fan of East/West, except with marquise. I think they lend themselves to this extremely well. Can''t wait to see it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how COOL! It looks like it will be fantastic and I can''t wait to see it when it is done!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So far, so good!
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is very nice! Very original. Good to see something different than the same old round rock with halo thing over and over.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it''s going to be beautiful! I love the little floaty scroll detail beneath the stone. I also like that you''ve added the milgrain. I can''t wait to see real pics!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
That''s a STUNNER! Congrats on such a beautiful ring!

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 9:22:49 AM
Author: claireabelle
Hello!

That looks beautiful - is your avatar the stone in the original setting?

I think milgrain would look amazing, too... but you can always add that later if you ant to change the look down the track.

Can''t wait to see the finished product
9.gif
Thanks!!!

Yes, my avatar is the stone in its original setting-- yellow gold with turquoise you can''t see in the pic (DBF''s grandmother lived in New Mexico and was an artist, she designed that setting and was very into the native american look out there...). The stone is lovely, that setting is not exactly my taste
2.gif
The avatar pic stretched it out a little so it looks narrower than it is, it''s a lovely, full-shaped marquise
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is going to be one stunning gallery! Can''t wait to see it finished!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
autumnlala, i absolutely L
30.gif
VE the design of your ring! the profile is so beautiful!! i had never been keen on marquise cuts until i found PS and saw them set east-west.... with the halo and the pave down the sides yours is going to be so beautiful!

i cannot wait to see it, and i am so glad you have had such a positive experience with your jeweler.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pics of the ring in the original setting? I kinda want to see the turquoise. I'm in NM, but I
14.gif
the Native American jewelry out here, probably because it's everywhere.

ETA: is that a surprise stone?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks lovely! I am sure that you are excited to finally get it!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see hand pics.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique, I like it. Do you have a finish date for it yet?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Autumnlala - It is phenomenal! Outstanding!! It is just going to be gorgeous!!
I can''t wait to see the real thing!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yum! That is going to be divine!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its going to be beautiful, can''t wait to see it.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be a stunner! Are you going to milgrain the bezel too?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product! It''s going to be beautiful!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might be the most beautiful marquise setting I''ve ever seen! I love all of it and it''s so stunning set east/west. I also love what you''ve done with the scroll work on the gallery. I can''t wait to see the final ring!!! Please come back with a ton of pictures!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, that is just gorgeous - that is going to be a ring with PRESENCE! I love all of the gorgeous details that you''ve included, from the scrollwork to the miligrain. Can''t wait to see the finished product resting proudly on your finger!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love all the details of the setting, I can see a lot of thought went into the design of this ering. I am super excited to see it once it''s finished!!
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing! My mom has a marquis that i want her to set that way - so unique and beautiful! it''s incredible - can''t wait to see it on you!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That is going to be very unique and pretty!!!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh...yummy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read your title I thought - hmm I don''t know if I''d like that but it looks awesome! I can''t wait to see the finished project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results