shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs from JbEG for my crystaline mahenge solitaire.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, I mentioned earlier that I pulled the plug on having Leon mount my nice mahenge. I'm still debating on whether or not I need to share the reasons.

But the significant news is that I have asked Jewels by Erica Grace to create one of their new Kylie mountings to hold it. This mounting is very reminiscent of the Harry Winston pave halo. I've gotten my first set of CAD drawings and thought I would share them with you. Keep in mind, it is being made to fit my fat ole size 8 finger, so that makes the stone look disproportionately small.

I have asked them to try to work with the halo to make is appear a bit more cushion shaped, instead of the straight on oval it looks in the pictures. Hopefully they can achieve that. Otherwise I'm quite happy.

Please let me know what you think. Suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome.

JbEGv1-r2,3,4.JPG

JbEGv1-r1&5.JPG

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
It's gonna be beautiful! I'm not a big fan of halos for diamonds but I love them for colored stones because of the striking contrast.

I'd be interested to see how JbEG can modify the setting a bit to make it more cushioned shape without creating an airline around the stone.

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out with LM. If you feel comfortable sharing, please do. Otherwise, no worries, I'm happy you're happy with JbEG!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this setting is lovely! JbEG does wonderful work and from what I hear, is equally lovely to work with.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous as it is Uppy. Why would you want them to make it more cushion shaped? What are the dimensions of the stone? It might look a bit odd and honestly it's really very pretty now. I'd say pull the trigger and go for it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here's a picture and dimensions of the stone:

stats on Gemburi mahenge.JPG

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, just great, and I have a size 8 finger myself and I don't consider a fat finger, just very functional, LOL!!

I can guess the reasons you didn't go with LM, from history around here and from reading his policies on his web site. Apparently you must wear cammo if you ever have the temerity to contact him regarding anything other than giving him your money.

Judging by JBEG website you are in good hands, if not POLITE hands who know that customer service is not synonymous with aggression.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: Goooorgeous! It's going to look so striking!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here's a straight on picture from the vendor in which you can see its shape.

15377-t.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy, I'd definitely leave it as it. It's a squarer shape oval isn't it? Mine is too but I do think the design in the CAD is very complimentary (and size 8 fingers aren't big)!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks great! How exciting!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I really love it!! It's going to be a show stopper for certain :love: :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:
Uppy, I'd definitely leave it as it. It's a squarer shape oval isn't it? Mine is too but I do think the design in the CAD is very complimentary (and size 8 fingers aren't big)!

I agree - the CAD looks wonderful just like it is!!!!!

WOW, I bet you are excited!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous...I know you are excited about getting it!!! :appl:

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a comment regarding the band:

Will it be comfortable, having the diamonds set all the way on the band, or is this not a factor or concern?

It's a gorgeous setting, I'd pull the trigger too. For myself, I would skip the diamonds all the way around the band because as you point out, the center stone is not ginormous and because of its size, for my eyeball the amount of small diamonds total, between the setting itself and the band, would be too busy for me and too competitive for the overall design aesthetic.

But that is just me and if this makes your heart sing, get it and be happy!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
It's yummy! Doesn't look too rounded. I agree if they can't square it off any more it's ok!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love it just the way it is and wouldn't change a thing. I would hate to see this ring end up with an airline.

As you know I love this design since it is very similar to my ring (modelled after HW with Leon Mege's changes).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
StonieGrl said:
Will it be comfortable, having the diamonds set all the way on the band, or is this not a factor or concern?

Pave going all the way around is perfectly comfortable. No differences than a plain band.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh that halo just makes the spinel pop, I do love a halo for coloured stones I do.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy, gorgeous design and I love your Mahenge! I can't wait to see the finished product. :))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Uppy, it is so beautiful! And the CAD's look gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, but considering that it's a halo, that's a no brainer for me. ;))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply gorgeous the way it is. :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy I think its a VERY lovely design.

Unless you want an airline, you'd do better with it being as is instead of squaring the halo off. I think airlines can be very nice if done in the right way btw.

Oh and a size 8 finger is absolutely not big (thats coming from another size 8 :tongue: ;)) )

-A

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Erica has spoken with the jeweler, and the only way to accomplish squaring the halo a bit would be to add extra metal inside, and that would disrupt the flow of the melee.

In agreeance with all of your wonderful advice, I'm going ahead with the current design. Now is just time to wait.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: How long will it take?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The CADs looks good, it's going to be a gorgeous ring. :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Uppy.... I'm a size 9+ Imagine!!

This ring is a-do-ra-ble! Can't wait to see it in your hand! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous design Uppy, and it suits the stone so well!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
The shape of the spinel is really lovely, and the setting enhances it beautifully. I can't wait to see pictures of it when it's finished. How long until it's done?

I hadn't seen this vendor's work before, and the custom designs on there are such a nice blend of modern and vintage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results