shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs for my ACC/OMB - I think I am in love...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is the first iteration and I love it! Is that bad? I have never had a halo so not sure on proportions but it looks beautiful to me. My stone is 7.63x7.41 GIA L VS1 from ericad at LAD. She is doing this modified Bella because I love bezels but I love the Bella too. I love the gallery of the Bella and we have kept that just as is.

Please let me know if I should be looking at something in particular. And thanks so much for any comments!

This will be all platinum and I am a size 7.5. I plan to stack it with a 2mm engraved band and my french cut band.

Pics

acc1.jpeg

screen_shot_2014-05-23_at_6.png

screen_shot_2014-05-23_at_0.png

bellagallery.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! But I read that the halo appears better to side view if slightly angled. But I like it as it is too. Can't wait to see the final result.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I have no experience with cads, but just had to tell you that diamond is gorgeous :love:

Can't wait to see the end result!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love that, it looks amazing!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am having a hard time seeing the detail on the side view of the gallery from the CAD but if it looks like the regular Bella then it's all good. Are you keeping the swirl/heart motifs as the part you love? :)

Loving the bezel inside the halo though!! I am so excited for you!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Nevermind!!! I just saw her 3D CAD she posted. So neat!!! [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoped you would pop in pandabee! The pics are screen shots of the mp4 CAD Erica sent me because PS won't let me link to the mp4. It has the very same gallery as the other Bellas with pave because I love that the best! I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I want one ring that is a statement piece and this is the only kind of halo I would ever consider. Because it is vintage looking of course!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with it! I much prefer the more unique halos like this one. The bezel definitely helps accentuate the cushion shape too, so I think it was an excellent choice to put those two together for this stone and ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its lovely. I had a plain shank bezel halo so I'm probably bias but I think they are a great mixture of blingy and sleek. And the shape of your stone is so perfect, it needs to be accentuated by that bezel!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. I am very excited and scared about this project because this is not like anything I have had or seen in person before. But it is so girlie and romantic looking to me. I really liked yenny's Singlestone ring but the price and the fact that wearing a couple bands with it would be out of the question caused me to rule it out. This gives me the bezel I love and a blingy vintage-y look while still being able to stack my french cut and engraved bands. Erica says the mil grain and halo will be very delicate IRL.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is probably my favorite antique cushion and I probably mentioned on your earlier thread that I even talked to Erica about it! :love: I probably made a mistake not getting it, but it very obviously was meant to be YOURS!!! I love the Bella ring and think it will be gorgeous! The original Bella is one of my favorites for an antique style cushions!

I am not sure about the halo tilt issue. Maybe just a very tiny bit would be good. Ask Erica about it since I am sure she has made many of them.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MissBliss! DS thank you and I am so glad that I bought this stone because it is perfect for this setting we came up with. I have had such a fun but stressful time working on it with Erica. I have asked her about the tilt. I guess by tilt you mean the slope away from the bezel on the halo? I am not up on all the ins and outs of halos so your help and eye is greatly appreciated!

There is a 3D movie CAD on Erica's FB page.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, redwood -- so nice!! Can't wait to see the final product!! :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring will be gorgeous! The Bella design is so pretty. I am looking forward seeing the real thing. I have admired the Bella many times :love:

Happy waiting!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1400949899|3679291 said:
Thanks MissBliss! DS thank you and I am so glad that I bought this stone because it is perfect for this setting we came up with. I have had such a fun but stressful time working on it with Erica. I have asked her about the tilt. I guess by tilt you mean the slope away from the bezel on the halo? I am not up on all the ins and outs of halos so your help and eye is greatly appreciated!

There is a 3D movie CAD on Erica's FB page.

I think the premise is that if the halo is slightly tilted down, you see more of the top and less of the side of the halo. Charmy did a nice thread on halo settings, and even though it is mostly on Harry Winston style, I think some parts can be translated to any halo setting.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/[/URL]

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissBliss I just looked at your design by Caysie and it is beautiful. I understand why she would angle the halo because it would be soooo wide if flat! I love your design. In looking at the profile of my CAD there is a slight angle to it already and this may be enough. What I do love about the Bella is the flow of the halo in the profile kind of swooping in and out so it is pretty even from that view.

Thank you Acinom! DS as always thank you for your help that was a very interesting and informative read.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see your finished ring, redwood!!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is stunning :love: :love: ... it really has a lot of similar details to Ericka Winter's new Halo the Caroline.....it's only missing that stunning matte finish she's using...

I'm sure it will be awesome...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mayk! I like the Caroline and it is a beautiful design. But I wanted the outer shape and flow of the Bella and of course that beautiful gallery. This is more floral and fluid to me which I love and was wanting for my ring.

ETA - I love the antique vintage-y style of the Bella also. The Caroline is more modern to me.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1401058951|3679946 said:
Thanks Mayk! I like the Caroline and it is a beautiful design. But I wanted the outer shape and flow of the Bella and of course that beautiful gallery. This is more floral and fluid to me which I love and was wanting for my ring.

ETA - I love the antique vintage-y style of the Bella also. The Caroline is more modern to me.

I completely agree. The Caroline is lovely, but definitely has a very different feel. The outline of the halos share one or two aspects, but this new one definitely stands on it's own two feet. I love that it has the Bella gallery and cannot wait to see it brought to life!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond. You will have a gorgeous ring.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The setting is going to be gorgeous and will be amazing with your stunning stone! This setting will look great with your bands too! Can't wait to see the actual ring on your finger!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! It is going to be beautiful! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Lovely design! My .02 I actually wouldn't tilt the halo more. I think if you tilted it you would loose some of the flowery outline which is honestly the most stunning part of the ring to me. leave as is.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you armywife and marcy!

SB I think you are right and that outline is what I love about the Bella! Erica worked very hard to keep the flowery outline and sent me a couple sketches and I chose the one that immediately jumped out at me when I saw it. The original shape of the Bella with the paisleys did not work with the bezel and trying to fit around a square stone so she had to change how it was laid out. But I wanted her to keep the outline with the little bump outs at the middle of the 3 stones. It makes the look keep the floral and fluid lines of the original.

Yenny I am glad for your comments because you know how much I love your ring. And I am still getting a bezel but get to wear my lovely FC band that I adore plus am able to stack one more band.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Tis a visual feast, just gorgeous!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A beautiful diamond in a beautiful design. It will be just gorgeous!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG, this is going to be sensational!! Can't wait to see it on your hand!!! :love: Beautiful design!!

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
YAY! I am so excited for you too! What changes did you request so far?! I think it's just perfect!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! No changes needed I think it is beautiful as is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results