shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs for my 8-1/2 ct unheated sapphire from Ivy & Rose

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids! I don't get over to the CS part of the forum much (well... OK... I lurk and drool... but rarely have anything to contribute) however I think this is the right place to post at the moment. Ilya has sent me a CAD for the setting of my new stone. The bezel around the caddies will be as thin as possible while still being structurally sound. There is a second version to come where the area under the sides will be cut out using the pattern under the center basket, but what do you think so far?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6EE567C5-C67B-4063-8B64-B0BD881C770E.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36A9129B-CCC3-41EE-B27C-5491BA122E6D.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8FCD7AD4-6137-4708-93C0-634A5AFD7705.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
299C5B26-10B8-4586-B0CA-318B9FCB8FDC.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Open bottom is a good idea for access of keeping the ring clean.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be gorgeous!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whaaaaaaaaa...? :-o:love::lickout:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think I want it :love: :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, yes for easy cleaning! My ultrasonic went belly up a while ago so I'm all about dish soap and soft brushes.

That you WW! And you've been on the blue train lately too I see! :cheeky:

Oreo, LOL! This is what happens when I have nothing else to do in life... I buy more things I don't need...

Attachments

• 1611254438046.png
    1611254438046.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I want it :love: :lol:

Haha! Well I honestly don't really have anywhere to wear it right now (obviously!) so I'm happy to share share. Once the world opens back up again though we're going to have to work out a schedule! :D

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sides need a cutout so I’ll refrain for any opinion on the sides until the second cad. I have concerns copying the gallery design exactly might make it too busy. But I’ll wait.

I feel the bar should meet the girdle not sit beneath it.

I’m wondering if the gallery design overall could be made less busy by like half.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I think the side cut-outs will make a big difference. The design won't be an exact copy though; it will be truncated somewhat. Interesting point about the size/scale of the gallery design. I've sketched it bigger... smaller... (sideways... upside down)! It helped me to take the pics and reduce them down to an approximation of the real size of the ring. It seems OK to me now--but god knows I've been wrong before! And the bar at/beneath the girdle... hmmm... I'm going to have to look at some more images to make sure I'm thinking about that the right way -- thank you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you request the shank to meet the bezels at such a pinched/ thin point? Did you have photo examples of how that would be?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I think the side cut-outs will make a big difference. The design won't be an exact copy though; it will be truncated somewhat. Interesting point about the size/scale of the gallery design. I've sketched it bigger... smaller... (sideways... upside down)! It helped me to take the pics and reduce them down to an approximation of the real size of the ring. It seems OK to me now--but god knows I've been wrong before! And the bar at/beneath the girdle... hmmm... I'm going to have to look at some more images to make sure I'm thinking about that the right way -- thank you.

I just worry when shrink down to ring size the negative space might be too small and it’ll look more like a cup than a gallery detail.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree on the stone’s girdle being set on the high side.
ask if it’s just that way on the CAD, or to be interpreted literally?
if it’s to scale and literal - doesn’t look like there’s much space above finger to lower the stone-gallery height will need to increase

Reactions: prs

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you request the shank to meet the bezels at such a pinched/ thin point? Did you have photo examples of how that would be?

Yes -- my inspiration for that was Elizat's gorgeous ring.

1611255936192.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree on the stone’s girdle being set on the high side.
ask if it’s just that way on the CAD, or to be interpreted literally?
if it’s to scale and literal - doesn’t look like there’s much space above finger to lower the stone-gallery height will need to increase

I just emailed Ilya to clarify whether the stone would really sit that high or if it's a manifestation of the CAD -- thank you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the shank tapers so high that it needs a little bit of negative spade to reduce the amount of metal- I *think*

I made a few modifications including copying a detail slightly in the spade in the bezeled diamonds as well as bringing the design up to the girdle. By keeping the overall design the same but spreading it out a bit it gives more negative space that I feel would make it look less like a cup 40EDB63F-2814-46F2-91D4-7ACB58BACA55.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I am definitely interested in seeing what the proposal is for opening up the area under the caddies. Your mad skills (photoshop?) have given me an idea of what that might look like, and I'm pretty happy with the concept.

Thank you searurchin!

Have been emailing with the ever patient Ilya... The rail of the basket is going to be moved up about half way between where it is now and the girdle. We agreed on that because I want to be sure I don't see the rail from the ring as I look down on it, so this seems like a good solution to me. More CADs will follow as soon as I get them!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Tha
Chrono, yes for easy cleaning! My ultrasonic went belly up a while ago so I'm all about dish soap and soft brushes.

That you WW! And you've been on the blue train lately too I see! :cheeky:

Oreo, LOL! This is what happens when I have nothing else to do in life... I buy more things I don't need...
Looks beautiful! Cant wait to see the finished product! Do you mind if I ask where you sourced the side stones? I am looking for similar cut and size myself right now!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful! Cant wait to see the finished product! Do you mind if I ask where you sourced the side stones? I am looking for similar cut and size myself right now!

Ivy and Rose has several pairs of these:

There are more, I just grabbed these off the site.

If you want to communicate with a human just use the contact email or phone number at the bottom of the page.

I had never even considered cadillacs before but when I told Ilya I wanted something interesting and different as sides but I realized I didn"t have a lot of room to work with he reached right into his magi box of diamonds and brought these out I was smitten!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My cadillac cuts are bezeled but open underneath. I can try to take a better picture. But, I think @Niel has done a nice job of making yours opened and keeping it with the gallery theme. My gallery is very simple on this one.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cadillac cuts are bezeled but open underneath. I can try to take a better picture. But, I think @Niel has done a nice job of making yours opened and keeping it with the gallery theme. My gallery is very simple on this one.

I agree that some open space under the caddies is key. And your ring has been such an inspiration for this project -- gorgeous!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is going to be a stunner! I do wonder if the side stones might be too low. They will look fine face up or viewing the ring from the N-S direction. However I suspect if you are looking at ring from the E-W direction, even the slightest tilt away will cause the sapphire to completely hide the diamond on the far side.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Here is the underside of mine. I actually have never worn it once!

PXL_20210123_192511732.jpg PXL_20210123_192507354.jpg PXL_20210123_192447297.jpg

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I have no clue about CADS, but I can tell this will be a stunning ring! I love the overall design and the cad side stones! Good luck refining the little details! Can’t wait to see it finished! It will be amazing!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok kids, we’re down to the nitty gritty!

The basket will be higher up toward the girdle, so that part is taken care of.

Now I need to make a decision abt the openness under the caddies.
3F4BA993-54D1-470F-8381-0FAB7BE6CC4E.jpeg 67361EF1-507D-4E0B-ACC2-5D13A0781642.jpeg 79EE2069-00E0-4496-8B8D-AE4B8BEA92AD.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results