shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs are in

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks- I am confident based on everything thus far that ERD will work to make your ring just right :) hope you come back to post the finished ring because I'm sure it will be stunning! It's all such a process, have to go with your gut (and for me, I needed to also go with my budget constraints as well!).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I personally don't think you should give up on ERD. They have been bending backwards to try to get it right - yes, that first CAD is way off but so are CADs from many many of the vendors here. I had tons of issues with complicated, curvy, intricate designs too but that is just the nature of these difficult designs. There is not a single vendor we know here that will get the CADs bang on the first go around. Heck, if you go with the other vendors - you won't even see anything until you get the finished ring.

Asscher girl's ring was made by Sebastien Barier and while she got a great price - that setting is upwards of $7000. It is a work of art. ERD did a damm good job with lexarose's version and it is beautiful especially when you start looking at the price difference. The first version of the CADs needed work but they got it right. Or if you want to compare Elysian's Steven Kirsch version -- I think it looks heck of a lot different ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-august-vintage-cushion-and-steven-kirsch-anniversary-ring.195514/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-august-vintage-cushion-and-steven-kirsch-anniversary-ring.195514/[/URL]).

So my recommendation is that you either invest the time with ERD to get the CADs right just as they have invested the time to try to get it right with you. Or just go to SS who made the original ring and pay 2-4 times more.

How does this milgrain look to you? Maybe not so hot in my picture but I can guarantee you that it is perfect in real life.
cwsk-pearl-3.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1394942268|3634992 said:
And I really hope that SOMEONE links Mark to this, so he can read this and fix the problem.

Why don't you do that? You do that for others.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Exactly what I needed to hear Charmy! Thanks so much. I know designs take several times to get right sometimes.

I will do a glowing testimonial review of ERD when my ring is done as they have been outstanding to work with. I suspect I'm going to be ecstatic with the final outcome.

Final ring pics though? Normally I'd like to pay it forward. But I frankly don't want my ring - a symbol of our love - to be dissected on this forum for years to come. I've learned a lot from others here but if it will be compared to 6k plus rings (naively I had no idea they cost that much!) frankly there wouldn't be any comparison.

I looked at ERD's past milgrsin work, specifically on their cad/cast items, and really like it. I can't tell the difference between theirs and your SK ring so maybe that works in my favour.

Charmy your ring is breathtakingly beautiful. I come on PS sometimes just to sigh at your rings. It's like visiting a museum of beautiful art!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Redroze - I think you have a good strategy there. Everyone will want to see pics but we can also respect the privacy of your ring. I have plenty of friends off ebay who have used ERD and others - they were all super duper happy with what they got. I can pick apart things but for most people ... they just aren't obsessed like we are here. Sometimes coming back here for feedback will drive people to nitpick and be unhappy with things that they would have never noticed on their own. Of course, there are people who are naturally very selective and can tell on their own too. So got to figure out what works best.

There are tons of beautiful rings here but I can assure you that each and everyone of them has flaws (well maybe not Frankie's halo). Each of my rings has things that aren't perfect but I choose not to nitpick on them. Honestly, when you start wearing your ring every day - it is just a ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are making the right decision too.
And I do hope that you post final pictures of the ring for us so we can share your joy with you once you have the ring done. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last bit of help...

This might be helpful to ERD.
_7017.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you do ship to SS, just call them and ask if there are vendors in your city or someplace close to you that carries their pieces. These vendors will handle the discussion and shipping for you if you want. I'm close to SF and there is a lovely store here that works directly with SingleStone and would handle my stone if I wanted a reset done by them. It makes it very convenient.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking through your notes for me, Redroze! They're making a 5 stone OEC ring for me and I'm very excited!

Your ring will be gorgeous and I LOVE the band you've picked out.

La_Bougeotte

Rough_Rock
Redroze I so know how you feel, it can be hard to articulate your vision. My Cads are giving me nightmares. Good luck to both of us hopefully we will both be sporting amazing new rings soon!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lexarose's ring is gorgeous, so I am sure they can get this one right. Just don't give up until the CADs are exactly what you want! And please show your ring in Show Me the Bling! We absolutely want to see it!

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I got a great note from Chris saying he's aware the CADs were off, that he talked to the design team, that they'll fix and make it right in the next round. Ill share updated cads when they arrive!

As I mentioned to Charmy, I'm not sure how I feel about sharing final ring photos. I've seen negativity in other posts and though I've got a thick skin I'm not sure im interested in posting something so important to me for public critique. Kinda like posting a photo and asking everyone - how do I look? Icky. On the other hand you've all been so helpful and given the results are gonna be great, it would be nice to showcase it for ERD. I guess they can always put it on their site.

Anyway...like I said I'm torn.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I can understand where you are coming from. The unwritten rule is that nothing negative is said about a ring that has already been completed and shown in Show Me the Bling. The only exception to that is when the person is unhappy with the ring and asks for opinions because it might need to go back for changes. I do think there have been some comments regarding craftsmanship of other people's rings on this thread, and that may be what you are concerned about. I don't mind comparing the work of various vendors, but I personally do not like posting criticism of a member's ring here that they have posted and are happy with. Anyway, you do what is best for you when you get your ring! I like that shank more than almost any other, so I am personally interested in seeing if ERD can pull it off, because I don't want to spend $6k on a setting, either!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only time we critique finished pieces is when the poster actually asks us to because they are unhappy about something and want advice. If you post on Show Me the Bling, no one will post anything negative, that's just not done. It's a safe place to post (even if you post on RT and you post you are thrilled it is safe). :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
redroze|1395200577|3637011 said:
I got a great note from Chris saying he's aware the CADs were off, that he talked to the design team, that they'll fix and make it right in the next round. Ill share updated cads when they arrive!

I would not be surprised if he read this thread and responded accordingly, ERD is very good at that. That's one of our functions on PS, to serve as a 'check' on the vendor we recommend. It's a two way street. We recommend, they make sales, but they have to understand that if they mess up, we will call them on it and expect them to fix it.

I see my function as advocating for the customer based on what I see. And what I saw here was a repeat of Lexrose's painful journey. You may feel that my comments were harsh as this is a symbol of your love and marriage redroze. And I get that and I am sorry for your hurt feelings and I probably should not have mentioned anything about the milgrain on Lexrose's ring. it is a beautiful ring and she is happy with it and that is all that matters.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results