shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD review!!! Please help

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1299636773|2867851 said:
Any update Natascha? When will your ring be finished?
I just saw this. We have been trying out a couple of new option's. I did not show them cause they were not pretty, you guys said that just 2 1.1mm stones on top would not work, but I had to be bull headed. I asked for that change and DanielM drew up a rough sketch and showed that it would not work, well I am stubborn so I kept on insisting. So he tells me that he can do it my way but that the edges will not look good, there will be a 0.5mm difference e at 10,2,5 and 7 o'clock. I said that I did not care and he redid the CADs.

He was right, it did not look good, looked weird and wonky. Tip for the future, listen to your jeweler, if you pick a good one they know what they are talking about.

So I finally okayed the last cads I showed here. The cast should be done in 7-10 days. I am so much more antsy in waiting now than before, and I kick myself because if I had just accepted the 2nd cads when they were done I would have my ring now.

A tip for all the people out there considering custom. Get a good jeweler, this includes one that listens to you but also tells you if something you want is not possible and then LISTEN to them. Oh and I completely recommend DanielM for going custom, absolutely wonderful to deal with him and his wife, Caren, patient and explains everything. Oh and I like his milgrain, which was one of my musts when choosing who to go with ( I wanted medium size milgrain, just big enough that you can see it).

Oh and he is also putting a Dan Stair spinel into my old setting.
I had a bit of trouble in finding a stone that I liked that fit my old setting so Dan was nice enough to cut me a stone in my measurements. Lovely and smooth experience working with him.

I have not seen the stone yet, but I am sure I will love it. I know it is not everyones cup of tea, but it is mine. I actually love gray or brown tints in stones, and I could not decide between green blue, purple or blue, and this one is supposed to be all three with some gray thrown in. :appl:

spinel.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I've been waiting (im)patiently for an update on your ring.... Any news? :confused:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Bump! Well...... ? :Up_to_something:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is just a suggestion, since there are baguettes in the shank, but what about doing baguettes in the halo at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions, and the round melee in between? That would not only give a deco feel to the piece, but allow for elongating the halo a bit to give more of an emerald shape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results