clarity

CAD review!!! Please help

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Just got my CADs!

oval-emerald-cut.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That looks really pretty! I'd love to see a side view.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Had a bit of posting difficulties. Here comes the rest of the pics:

oval-emerald-cut-1.jpg

oval-emerald-cut-2.jpg

oval-emerald-cut-3.jpg

oval-emerald-cut-4.jpg

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Last one

So some info:
-Center diamond will be an OMC 6,8x6,1, H SI1.
-All the bezels and lines in the halo will be with milgrain.
-Rounds in the halo: 1,2-1,3 mm
-Rounds shank: 1,5 mm
-Baguette shank: 2,5x1,5 mm
-Size 5 1/4

I want the side view changed so the gallery is tilted instead of strait as it is now. I am trying to mesh all my favorites into one hihi.

Questiones to all the experts, philosofers, girlfriends, hubbies, basically everyone.
- Do you see any way I can get the halo to be more elongated, more emerald shaped?
- Do you think it has to much going on?
-Please comment on everything and anything, even if you hate it.

oval-emerald-cut-5.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
ok, i think the halo is too thick for the centre stone, but this could be because the CAD always looks chunkier than the real thing.

I don't think you can make it more emerald like, as your centre stone is round. It's good to see the OMC protected in a bezelled halo.

overall, I like it!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:
ok, i think the halo is too thick for the centre stone, but this could be because the CAD always looks chunkier than the real thing.

I don't think you can make it more emerald like, as your centre stone is round. It's good to see the OMC protected in a bezelled halo.

overall, I like it!

I also feel that the halo is to big, hopeing that it's just the CAD. Maybe I should ask if the could do smaller stones, if so what size? I want it to be proportional but at the same time I don't want very small diamonds, eg some tacori's have smaller halos then I prefer.

Adding a pic of my diamond in it's old setting, as you can see it's not really a round more of a roval or cushoval hi hi

DSCF0198ju.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what is the purpose of the little pieces of metal in the halo that separate every 2 diamonds? to me that might look like too much metal showing

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
slg47 said:
what is the purpose of the little pieces of metal in the halo that separate every 2 diamonds? to me that might look like too much metal showing
Thank you for responding, it really helps to get different peoples points of views. Those lines of metal are going to be milgrained, the inspiration for the halo is the outer halo from this ring

Attachments

• Halo10.bmp
    588.7 KB · Views: 2,217

slg47

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1297125506|2846070 said:
slg47 said:
Thank you for responding, it really helps to get different peoples points of views. Those lines of metal are going to be milgrained, the inspiration for the halo is the outer halo from this ring

oh, ok, I was forgetting that the CADs are often 'bulkier' than real life. I think it looks beautiful milgrained like that :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
To be honnest, I don't like this ring. Too much metal, too square and I don't like the under gallery. I'm sorry... I prefer something more feminine and delicate. It's just matter of taste.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really like it. It's a little off the beaten path, and I like that too.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I like it; I think it has a very Art Deco feel to it. It will have great finger coverage! The only thing I would change is to simplify the metal work in the gallery a bit, so it has a more minimal, geometric look to it than the curvy look it has now.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
natascha|1297124788|2846052 said:
rosetta said:

overall, I like it!

I also feel that the halo is to big, hopeing that it's just the CAD. Maybe I should ask if the could do smaller stones, if so what size? I want it to be proportional but at the same time I don't want very small diamonds, eg some tacori's have smaller halos then I prefer.

Adding a pic of my diamond in it's old setting, as you can see it's not really a round more of a roval or cushoval hi hi

I think you should leave the size of the halo melee diamonds just as they are. What I would change is the octagonal shaped metal rim that surrounds the center bezel. That extra piece of metal is unnecessary. Just suggest that they allow the oval bezel to hover over the halo diamonds. Also, the very outside rim of the halo is too wide. That's too much metal showing, even though CADs appear 20% larger than real life size and proportions. The outside edge of metal will leave you with huge milgraining on the edges. I actually love the design though. It just need a tweek or two.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
gemgirl said:
natascha|1297124788|2846052 said:
rosetta said:

overall, I like it!

I think you should leave the size of the halo melee diamonds just as they are. What I would change is the octagonal shaped metal rim that surrounds the center bezel. That extra piece of metal is unnecessary. Just suggest that they allow the oval bezel to hover over the halo diamonds. Also, the very outside rim of the halo is too wide. That's too much metal showing, even though CADs appear 20% larger than real life size and proportions. The outside edge of metal will leave you with huge milgraining on the edges. I actually love the design though. It just need a tweek or two.

I hade not even thought about the metal next to the bezel, thank you.

What does everyone think about changing the melee to 1.1mm to hopefully be able to get in another diamond on the sides so the halo becomes more of an elongated shape? I really want something elongated, someone have a strech machine for my diamond?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
if you want a more oval shape then the two vertical sides of the halo have to be longer than the others.

would smaller melee stones allow three stones on the vertical sides, making those sides longer?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1297208280|2846963 said:
if you want a more oval shape then the two vertical sides of the halo have to be longer than the others.

would smaller melee stones allow three stones on the vertical sides, making those sides longer?

I was thinking this too...the vertical sides need to be longer with more melee in them to achieve an emerald shape.

I like the "N" detail as well. Nice touch.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta said:

Lil Misfit said:
rosetta|1297208280|2846963 said:

I was thinking this too...the vertical sides need to be longer with more melee in them to achieve an emerald shape.

I like the "N" detail as well. Nice touch.

I hope that by using smaller melee it would allow 3 stones verticaly. Currently there are 8 x 1.2mm + 8 x 1.3mm = 20 mm and using
18 x 1.1mm = 19.8 mm will hopefully giving enough wingle room for extra prongs and, the scary part, a smaller circumference due to the melee being smaller.

Do you think 1.1 mm (I think that is 0.7 pointers) will be a good size? Also what do you think of the shank? Does it part into two too early?

Thank you everyone that has taken the time too comment. I really aprreciate this especially since I am hoping this will be my forever setting.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I like everything on the ring except for the halo. If it were more dainty I think that would be nice.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I am gonna send in the changes I want made, if you see anything else shout out. Also if you have any comments on my changes.
- Try to thin the metal in the halo a bit and do 1,1mm (0.7 pointers) melee to get in a third stone vertically in order to achieve a more emerald shape.
-Make the gallery more tilted so it curves.

What do you all think?

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I hope I'm not overstepping as this is kind of out there, but you mentioned you wanted an elongated shape so what about adding trillion diamonds to the edges of the octagon? I agree with gemgirl about the extra metal and the size of the bezel. Forgive the crude photoshop work, but here's what popped in my head:

OvEmMod.jpg

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
PaulaW said:
I hope I'm not overstepping as this is kind of out there, but you mentioned you wanted an elongated shape so what about adding trillion diamonds to the edges of the octagon? I agree with gemgirl about the extra metal and the size of the bezel. Forgive the crude photoshop work, but here's what popped in my head:

PaulaW thank you, I really appreciate that. It gives a lot of thought and I would say that that photoshop is not at all crude. I have no clue how to do photoshop which sucks, so thank you. Really a great idea, it made it all of a sudden look elongated. The issue is I don't think my stubby fingers suit square shapes.

Finally found some diamond melee halos to try on, and boy was that hard, Sweden is horrible for finding this kind of stuff since here people get engaged with a gold band. From what I tried on 0.5 pointers were a bit small and 1 pointers a bit big, found one ring that had something inbetween and those felt nice. I guess this means that the 0.7 pointers should work. Or do you guys think they will be too small compared to the other rounds and baguettes?

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
New CADs! lets see if we can get them up. I asked for the gallery to be tapered, additional baguette and round added to each side of the shank and 1.1 mm stones in the halo.

What do the lovely experts and anyone else that cares to take a looky think?

I would really like for it to be just two stones horizontally and two on the corners with three vertically, I don't know if this was not possible or if I was just unclear in communicating what I wanted. Anyone Photoshop savvy that wants to help?

What do you guys think of the new halo shape, better or worse than before? Oh and don't forget it all looks weird now because the Cads don't show that everything will have milgrain.

2.3.JPG

2.2.JPG

2.1.JPG

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's what you need to do. Approve the new CAD, but have the ring size changed to 8.5. When it gets finished, pack it up and send it to me where it'll live happily ever after. :bigsmile: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

I love the changes, it's perfect. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I love the changes too :)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I think the halo looks more elongated now, which is what you wanted and I don't think that would be possible with just 2 melee horizontally.

Also, to be honest, I don't like the added round and baguettes on the shank. I thought it looked perfect before with just the 3 stones. With 5 on each side it just looks too "busy" for me and those extra stones probably won't show anyway
Idunno1.gif

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Love the changes to the halo and gallery, it looks MUCH better! Are you happier with it now?

I might agree with Lil Misfit though, not sure if I like the added stones on the shank, it might look better with 3 on each side... Still very beautiful and I'm sure it will turn out lovely!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it. It's unusual.

The one thing that I would change is the shank. I really think the diamonds on the shank are unnecessary and overkill. Funnily enough I was going to say that about your first set of CADs and I can see you've actually added to it now! I think there's enough going on with the head and the N shapes without the added side diamonds. In fact, you focus on the side diamonds now and not the N under the head. Has the angle of the head changed now also? The N's appear more tucked under so you can't actually see them as well. I'd be tempted to go to the original angle and remove the additional diamonds on the shank (or remove them altogether).

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
Here's what you need to do. Approve the new CAD, but have the ring size changed to 8.5. When it gets finished, pack it up and send it to me where it'll live happily ever after. :bigsmile: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Well Andelain, we have to share in life, so if you will just send your whole collection including miss brownie to me NOW then I promise to send you my engagement ring when it's done :saint: You know diamonds just look better in the snow than in the desert, so maybe I should just keep everything and you can come visit :bigsmile: Thank you!
Sparkly Blonde said:
I love the changes too :)
Thank you, so you also feel the Halo is more delicate now? CADs just look so bulky.

Lil Misfit said:
I think the halo looks more elongated now, which is what you wanted and I don't think that would be possible with just 2 melee horizontally.

Also, to be honest, I don't like the added round and baguettes on the shank. I thought it looked perfect before with just the 3 stones. With 5 on each side it just looks too "busy" for me and those extra stones probably won't show anyway
Idunno1.gif

The reason for five stones is that I don't want any shiny metal showing since later I am going to wear it with a red (yellow) gold wedding band and don't like it when you see shiny part of both metals together. I know I am a bit weird. I originally chose white gold for my engagement ring because my fiance does not wear yellow gold and I wanted ours to match at least in color, of course then he went and fell in love with tungsten. And my wedding band will be red gold because of sentimental reasons, it will be made out of several generations wedding bands going back 100 years.
stargurl78 said:
Love the changes to the halo and gallery, it looks MUCH better! Are you happier with it now?

I might agree with Lil Misfit though, not sure if I like the added stones on the shank, it might look better with 3 on each side... Still very beautiful and I'm sure it will turn out lovely!

Thank you and yes I am now totally in love with how the gallery works. This is so nerve racking!
LovingDiamonds said:
I really like it. It's unusual.

The one thing that I would change is the shank. I really think the diamonds on the shank are unnecessary and overkill. Funnily enough I was going to say that about your first set of CADs and I can see you've actually added to it now! I think there's enough going on with the head and the N shapes without the added side diamonds. In fact, you focus on the side diamonds now and not the N under the head. Has the angle of the head changed now also? The N's appear more tucked under so you can't actually see them as well. I'd be tempted to go to the original angle and remove the additional diamonds on the shank (or remove them altogether).

I want diamonds in the shank for the reason above, I know I am completely weird for loving yellow gold with white gold milgrain and prongs but disliking it when both are shiny and seen side by side. Thankfully I love busy designs reminiscent of the art deco era, which I am hoping this will turn out to be. But I do now that it is pretty different to what most people like and I really appreciate hearing different opinions because it gives me food for thought. Hi hi if my budget would have been bigger I would have added engraving everywhere to the mix.

Regarding the Ns I wanted them at an angle since I like that shape and never meant for them to be visible, they are just there to give me warm fuzzy feelings. Very good point regarding that the won't be as visible. I am uploading a couple more pics, forgot to do that before. The came out pretty bad since I am a complete tec-tard.

2.4.JPG

2.5.JPG

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
natascha|1298498790|2858070 said:
Andelain said:

Well Andelain, we have to share in life, so if you will just send your whole collection including miss brownie to me NOW then I promise to send you my engagement ring when it's done :saint: You know diamonds just look better in the snow than in the desert, so maybe I should just keep everything and you can come visit :bigsmile: Thank you!

Now hold it, how will diamonds look better agains a white background than a sand colored one? :?: :lol:

OK, maybe brownie will show up better, but not my high colored ones, they'd wash right out in snow. :bigsmile: Abd so will your e-ring, so just go ahead and send it over here. :Up_to_something: :naughty: :lol: :wavey:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Any update Natascha? When will your ring be finished?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results