carat
color
clarity

CAD Image here :) Would like some opinions and feedback

isekii

Rough_Rock

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I think the stone is set really high. There seems to be a lot of space between the bottom tip of the diamond and the band. Also is the halo tilted? I think that would help to show less metal.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does look a little high to me too. I think it's the stems--they could be lowered or curved more instead of going straight up.

isekii

Rough_Rock
The prongs will be shortened to size for the center stone and
made into eagle claw prongs. Smaller
prongs for side stones will be worked on by the setter so that it
looks really thin and nice like the original ring.
(this was the msg with the pictures).

Also when you mentioned the halo being tilted, you're referring to it being angled outwards a lil bit ?

The look i'm going for is exactly like this

https://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Halo-520.htm#

You guys think the Halo is a bit high ? or the stone itself ?

Also with the CAD image it sorta looks more like the Perfect Halo from Good Old Gold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NY2Iq56oAY

gracieloufreebush

Rough_Rock
I agree with the posters that it looks too high. I would tell them to make the culet as close to the donut as possible - that will make the struts shorter and the ring won't be so high on her hand.

Also - just wanted to say that when I was in NYC last month, I went to look at 2 diamonds at the JA office - your's was one of them :] It looked very nice in real life! The facets were awesome and the size was nice too.

Funny, I want the exact same ring. Harry Winston style with an antique style cushion cut.

Good luck!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the conceptual CAD and that it does reflect pretty accurately, a HW halo. I am also in agreement that the halo should be tilted outwards slightly, as though the melee would "slip off" if just tipped a tad more (Ok - not coming across as I'm envisioning it - but an angle would help achieve a better HW result). I'd also suggest lowering the halo/basket a mm or so to have it appear more integrated/lowered closer to the band, rather than too high/separate/remote as it appears now.

isekii

Rough_Rock
I'll ask him to angle the halo out a little bit and lower the halo a hair

jess719

Shiny_Rock
In the first picture, it looks like the prongs are taking up the four corners instead of putting stones there with the prongs inside. I'll try and find a pic, b/c I'm not sure I'm making sense. Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've seen a couple like that lately.

isekii

Rough_Rock
jess719|1357692803|3350788 said:
In the first picture, it looks like the prongs are taking up the four corners instead of putting stones there with the prongs inside. I'll try and find a pic, b/c I'm not sure I'm making sense. Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I've seen a couple like that lately.

It just might be the CAD. I'm going to confirm with Yoni. I think it's coming more towards the inside part even from the Halo on the website it doesn't look like it's taking up the corner.

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
Awesome! When are you thinking you will get it?

Is the CAD you posted from Yoni?

isekii

Rough_Rock
yup once the cad gets revised and approved. it takes another 7-10 days I believe

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
Cool! I think I am going to go with a round halo since I already have my stone.

Can you please please take a lot of photos? :D

SB621

Ideal_Rock
isekii|1357691074|3350759 said:

Personally I would go way more then "a hair" look at the space between the bottom tip of the diamond and the band? Ideally the tip should be just above the band- no negative space. I thinkyou will find in RL that the whole delicate look of this ring will be lost and if you have it up so high. It looks really off to me and would really bother me in RL if it came out like that.

isekii

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621|1357739452|3351174 said:
isekii|1357691074|3350759 said:

Personally I would go way more then "a hair" look at the space between the bottom tip of the diamond and the band? Ideally the tip should be just above the band- no negative space. I thinkyou will find in RL that the whole delicate look of this ring will be lost and if you have it up so high. It looks really off to me and would really bother me in RL if it came out like that.

Have you checked out the perfect halo video on top ? What are your opinions on the perfect halo from GOG ?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Honestly this would be a prime example of why I'm just not a fan of GOG's setting. I think i looks top heavy and bizarre. It completely looses the delicate look I associate with HW. It reminds me of the needle is Seattle. However that is just my .02cents. If you like it then by all means custom make it for your dream ring. However, if you are trying to stay true to the HW halo and achieve a more classic / delicate look I would lower it.

isekii

Rough_Rock
Also here are the closeups of the CAD images. The melee on the halo are actually facing a lil outward instead of straight up like the smaller picture above suggests. Take a look :)
Also the 4 prongs I dont think are on the corner either. It just might be the picture once the eagle claws are set, i believe another melee will take place in the corner ( i'll confirm with Yoni ).
Also the struts, maybe I can ask him to curve it slightly more so that the halo sits lower ? What do you think ?

photo1closeup.jpg
photo2_close_up.jpg
photo_3_close_up.jpg

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
Hey, bud.

If you like the one on his site, why not have him just make it like that?

In his image on his site, I like how the halo is tilted so that it runs into the side of the crown.

Also, I am not a fan of the GOG setting...it is wayyy too top heavy. It's too high.

Good luck!

isekii

Rough_Rock
vr4_rider|1357748217|3351290 said:
Hey, bud.

If you like the one on his site, why not have him just make it like that?

In his image on his site, I like how the halo is tilted so that it runs into the side of the crown.

Also, I am not a fan of the GOG setting...it is wayyy too top heavy. It's too high.

Good luck!

Well I told him I wanted it to look exactly like the one in the picture on his website and that's the CAD images I received from him.

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
Oh, that's no good.

I spoke with him last night, and he said if you don't like the CAD drawings, you get a full refund if you don't decide to proceed any further.

Once you get the ring, and if you don't want it, you get a 70% refund; however, if the level of craftsmanship isn't what you thought it was or if it wasn't what you wanted (eg; if you tell him you want it to look EXACTLY like the photo, and it doesn't) it would be a full refund.

Hope that helps:)

isekii

Rough_Rock
photo_1mod.jpg
photo_2mod.jpg
photo_3mod.jpg

What do you guys think of the change ?
Basically losing 1 diamond off the struts and sort of looks more like the maytal hannah halo ring

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the second version w the halo lower and the diamond set a bit lower as well. Nice but subtle change.

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
I like the way the new change is coming; however, if it were my ring, I would increase the height from 4.78 to at least 4.9-5mm.

isekii

Rough_Rock
my girl likes the original. so I'm going to keep it.that way. I think the 2nd version def makes it look like the maytal hannah halo

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I also prefer the lower setting of the diamond.

Doesn't the halo of the HW ring have a bit of a tilt to it, instead of being completely horizontal? Also diamonds on the donut could damage a wedding band so I'd remove those. It does look beautiful!!

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
What is the size of the diamond? The reason I ask is because the smaller the diamond and the taller it is, then I think they weirder it's going to look.

I can't wait to see it :)

isekii

Rough_Rock
vr4_rider|1357858739|3352545 said:
What is the size of the diamond? The reason I ask is because the smaller the diamond and the taller it is, then I think they weirder it's going to look.

I can't wait to see it :)

1.244 She saw the 1.12 stone in a GOG perfect halo setting and she liked it, this will look similarly to that. This has a larger footprint compared to the 1.12 stone we looked at so I think it'll look better. I'm really excited to see how it'll turn out :D

vr4_rider

Rough_Rock
We are going through the same steps with our gf's...I'm having my gf included in this whole process so I know what she likes/not like. The only surprise at this point is the date...but I am going to twist things up a bit:)

When is the ETA of the setting?

isekii

Rough_Rock
vr4_rider|1357862715|3352591 said:
We are going through the same steps with our gf's...I'm having my gf included in this whole process so I know what she likes/not like. The only surprise at this point is the date...but I am going to twist things up a bit:)

When is the ETA of the setting?

Dude you're in the same situation as I am. Still trying to figure out when I'll pop the question.
Also since I ok'd the CAD today, hopefully I'll see the wax version first in the next couple days then another week after that hopefully everything will be ready.

Also the stones in the setting info

Shank 1.5 mm
Top 1.3 mm
Crown 1 mm
Total ct weight is .71

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results