shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD Help Please !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I might as well reveal that I am getting the Bella Halo from JbEG for my AVC.

My Fiance made two mock-ups on possible ways to fit the avc into the Bella Halo.

Version 1: regular round bella halo
bella%20rework%20corners.jpg

Version 2: Cushiony bella halo
bella%20rework%20corners_0.jpg

Here are the CADs:
Version 1: Round bella Halo
My quip is that it seems "squished" as opposed to the CADs for the original bella http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...alo-Featuring-a-9mm/i-hxN9pgf/0/M/v6-r3-M.jpg Iparticularly like that there is some space between the halo and the diamond in the original near the NSEW stones in the halo.
bella%20halo.jpg

Version 2: Jeweler's Version of the photoshop mock-up of the Cushiony Bella
My quip here is that it still seems like a round bella halo even though we've switched the positioning.
bella%20cushion%20cad.jpg

I'm beginning to think I like our photoshop version of the bella round with the cushion (the juxtaposition of the square-ish stone in a round halo). But I do not know how to communicate how to change the CADs in order to be more like the mock-ups. I do realize we were photoshopping the AVC into the Bella CAD that originally had a OEC in it, but I thought the proportions were close enough? I am rambling... I hope I can get my point across and see if I am being neurotic about the CADs and how it doesn't portray the spacing I would like between the AVC and the halo. >_<

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1324182247|3083828 said:
Okay, so I might as well reveal that I am getting the Bella Halo from JbEG for my AVC.

My Fiance made two mock-ups on possible ways to fit the avc into the Bella Halo.

Version 1: regular round bella halo
bella%20rework%20corners.jpg

Version 2: Cushiony bella halo
bella%20rework%20corners_0.jpg

Here are the CADs:
Version 1: Round bella Halo
My quip is that it seems "squished" as opposed to the CADs for the original bella http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...alo-Featuring-a-9mm/i-hxN9pgf/0/M/v6-r3-M.jpg Iparticularly like that there is some space between the halo and the diamond in the original near the NSEW stones in the halo.
bella%20halo.jpg

Version 2: Jeweler's Version of the photoshop mock-up of the Cushiony Bella
My quip here is that it still seems like a round bella halo even though we've switched the positioning.

I'm beginning to think I like our photoshop version of the bella round with the cushion (the juxtaposition of the square-ish stone in a round halo). But I do not know how to communicate how to change the CADs in order to be more like the mock-ups. I do realize we were photoshopping the AVC into the Bella CAD that originally had a OEC in it, but I thought the proportions were close enough? I am rambling... I hope I can get my point across and see if I am being neurotic about the CADs and how it doesn't portray the spacing I would like between the AVC and the halo. >_<

I am with you, I think your version looks better...less 'round'. I am not sure how to communicate that except for maybe sharing your pic? also maybe ask for no space between the center stone and halo?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I like the first version you creates best. I can't wait to seethe finished project :twirl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I have shown these mock-ups and I was told that when you change the face-up view, it may not be possible due to the fact we're working in 3-D as opposed to 2-D mock-ups. Changing the face-up can screw up the bottom portion (gallery, ect). I think if the halo is going to look round anyways, I might as well just go with the original.

bella%20halo%20ms%20paint.png

Okay, I guess what I am trying to convey is crudely shown in this ms paint version.

blue: overall halo and the paisley design of the halo and where it should fit
purple: AVC
Yellow: NSEW stones
Green: I guess the lack of gold/diamonds

>_< Errr

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I hope you don't mind my honest opinion. I actually find that it looks like you are putting a stone into a setting that just doesn't fit and is not made for it (in both designs). :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it definitely needs to be made to fit the cushion and the halo itself should have a cushion shape. Your version 2 is closer assuming the shape of the opening was made to be the same as the stone. If they can get the shape right, I think it will be a gorgeous ring!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy: Thanks, I greatly appreciate your honest opinion. I really fell in love with the Bella, because it's so different than other halos and I adore rose gold. I figured that since my AVC was square (Ratio of 1.01) I could get away with it being that it is a "fat cushion." Based on the actual CADs as opposed to the mock-ups, is this really ill-advised to put my AVC in there?

Diamondseeker2006: Yes, It was made to be in the shape of the AVC, but photoshopping the AVC into an existing photo-realistic CAD was just to get the general idea.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Resonance,

For a more cushiony shape could they change the rotation/angle of the paisleys to be more linear so that each pair of two between the rounds becomes more of a straight side? I've tried to illustrate what I mean.

454squarerhalo1.png

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you can stretch it out, Hopedream.

"Remember that our jeweler's CAD's are going to look different than A's mock ups because the jeweler is working with 3D proportions, so if you stretch something from the face up look, it may screw up the side view, etc. So he has to balance all dimensions for a cohesive, balanced look. that our jeweler's CAD's are going to look different than A's mock ups because the jeweler is working with 3D proportions, so if you stretch something from the face up look, it may screw up the side view, etc. So he has to balance all dimensions for a cohesive, balanced look. "

What was said, makes sense. I can't stretch out the top without affecting the side-view or messing with the proportions. >_<

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like the above CAD better. BUT I would NOT go through with it because the paisleys at the top in the center positioned that way look like a mustache.

And that would, personally, bug the ever loving crap out of me.

The round bella and the first cad don't have this problem. So... while I think this one suits the shape better, I think the mustache issue eliminates it from contention.

The answer may be NO, we can't do it in 3D, but I would at least ask to see if they can do the design with the paisley's flipped. It may mean they have to re-design the profile (and probably will) and re-name the thing, but it might be a better looking design.

mustache_img.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy: I didn't even notice the mustache outline till you mentioned it, and I busted up loudly!

By rearranging the paisleys do you mean flip it around to "tails" inward towards the middle of the halo and the "heads" to the outside?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1324198218|3083885 said:
Gypsy: I didn't even notice the mustache outline till you mentioned it, and I busted up loudly!

By rearranging the paisleys do you mean flip it around to "tails" inward towards the middle of the halo and the "heads" to the outside?

I'm so happy you saw the humor in it, I didn't want to hurt your feelings but on a RING it is really easy to fixate on things like that, and I didn't want you to see it afterward and be bothered by it.

Yes, that's what I mean. It's worth asking or if you can play with the images yourself, see how it looks. It may not look right, I'm a bit tired so I'm kinda lagging on the metal imagery issue.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I definetly like the bella halo and configuration 1 more and your cushion is a perfect square. I am just nervous about the outcome still and I know this has been a long time coming and I want it to be perfect for you. Would you consider switching to an AVC? I just truly feel the setting is more suited for a round stone. With that said, I have seen beautiful outcomes with a round in a cushion halo so I can be wrong.

In essence, I see the mockups making the cushion a round .. so why not just go for a round. I recently obtained an OEC and there is something about all the sparkles and flashes that really draw me to it. So if you are going for a round shaped setting .. might as well go all the way. Sorry sorry... I feel like I am causing uncessary trouble but just something to think about.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy: Now all I can see are moustaches >:razz: haha. I will see if my SO will play with the images. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Charmy: I realize now, that it is more suited for a round stone.. but when I first began searching for a stone.. it was a RB... then I discovered OECs.. but after finding cushions... I stuck with that shape ever since. There is just something so special (to me) about a chunky cut cushion (whether antique or AVCs/Modern chunky cushions), so for me, I would not be willing to switch to an AVR or OEC. I guess I'm trying to shove a square peg into the round hole here. Funny that you mentioned the RB into the cushion halo, I was just thinking about that the other day.. how it seems I'm doing the opposite. It's not that I want my cushion to appear as a round, I just am in love with the uniqueness of the Bella Halo, how I can get away with a rosegold halo due to the paisley design.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it could work but JbEG will have to change the angle of the paisley. Make it bend around the corner versus maintaining the current straight line. See if they can redo the CADs. Do you still have my email?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy: Never had your email ;-) . They can redo the CADs, as they have had 3 different versions already. But, I think it's hard for me to communicate the changes I want and have it translate into a CAD the way I envisioned it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I snorted out loud - now I'm seeing moustaches everywhere!

I like HopeDream's version best for your cushion. Her idea of putting the two melee at the corners makes the changes look *deliberate*, less "designed for a round, but we can fiddle with it and get a square into it" and more "designed for a square" :sun:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'n not good at this stuff so I have no real consctuctive comments, but want to add I like the look of either configiration, I don't see anything off putting about either one. BUT the scale is different between your diamond and the samples. Usually JBEG has these masive honkers in thier rings. I suspect this design can only be scaled back *so much*, and since your diamond is one for us mere mortals ;)) it may not be best suited for this design! There are other ways around it, but you might have to keep looking?

Have you seen Babyblue's Beverly K ring? The halo is a rose gold flower and they could work on your size stone for scale. Let me find the link.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie:
Seriously, I can't look at the mock-up (cushiony one) without thinking moustaches are surrounding my AVC! I do like the overall shape of the one HopeDream made, but I have no idea how the 2 extra melee in the corner can be incorporated, or how "bulky" it will end up looking compared to the center stone (1.07 carat AVC) as I imagine it would require a lot more metal to be shown and be built around the center stone.

Dreamer:
I was starting to think the same thing, since both Bella Halos made were for 9mm + OECs. >_< I used to have a 2.73 carat antique cushion.. but that was sold a couple of years ago to fund some extended care costs that insurance would not cover for my grandpa. I could have went with the 2.92 cushion that OWD had, but I made some choices and chose to save for our future (house and baby fund) instead of getting the honker. I will email Erica and see what she thinks.

I've seen Babyblue's rose gold halo, but it's not for me.

JbEG has been extremely helpful and patient with me (I'm sure I'm driving them crazy with all these demands and CAD changes).

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi resonance,

Totaly O/T: Here is your avatar unsquished - 2 versions ::)

454resonance1.png

454resonance2.png

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if they can't change it/modify it to fit your AVC then perhaps go custom or pick a different design? your stone is beautiful btw :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Oopsy .. I thought we chatted on email before but it was someone else.

I tried to mock up my idea in photoshop but my skills aren't good enough :((

So instead .. I am going to share a ring with you that I think is pretty and could work. Again, it isn't your ring and you might not like it but just throwing out unique ideas.

UniqueOEC.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results