shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD and mould pics of my Simon G inspired three stone ring with oval centerstone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
About six months ago, I posted this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-he-have-to-love-the-ring.96952/ about how my FI and I were having a hard time compromising on a design for my wedding ring. In the end we decided to combine two designs that we both like a lot. We were working around a 1.67 oval centerstone:

My fiance was in love with this sparkly Simon G number

rosegoldoval.png

And I wanted something close to Kaleigh's pretty ring

kov11.JPG

Here's a CAD image of our little hybrid baby! The red parts are rose gold, and the centerstone and half moons are all white diamonds despite the CAD colors. The rose gold (red) parts will have fancy pink diamond pave, and the white gold parts will have white diamond pave.

DER-AJWR.JPG

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Within a month of our dating, my special guy got me a pair of yellow diamond studs for my second earring hole. It was the first piece of jewelry he ever bought me. Since I have an engagement ring and a wedding ring, we decided to hide one of the yellow diamonds within each of the rings. Here is a pic of where the surprise diamond will sit in my wedding ring.

ajwr-3.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, I should say that we got married two weeks ago (YAY!) Thus, I am actually wearing this BEAUTY of a ring right at this moment. Unfortunately, I still have henna on my hands from the wedding and the henna design is taking away from all the handshots! Thus, I will leave you with pictures of the mould. The rose gold sections of the ring sit on my finger, while the white gold sits a bit higher. Thus, the rose gold portions had to be made individually, you''ll see this in the picture below.

I will try and share more pictures soon. Thanks for looking!

ajwrlskfjhg.png

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:26:56 AM
Author:somehowcollide
About six months ago, I posted this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-he-have-to-love-the-ring.96952/ about how my FI and I were having a hard time compromising on a design for my wedding ring. In the end we decided to combine two designs that we both like a lot. We were working around a 1.67 oval centerstone:

My fiance was in love with this sparkly Simon G number

rosegoldoval.png

And I wanted something close to Kaleigh''s pretty ring

kov11.JPG

Here''s a CAD image of our little hybrid baby! The red parts are rose gold, and the centerstone and half moons are all white diamonds despite the CAD colors. The rose gold (red) parts will have fancy pink diamond pave, and the white gold parts will have white diamond pave.

WOW..that combinations looks fabulous! I can''t wait to see the hand shots! How much longer for the henna to be visible?
31.gif

Congratulations on your wedding! I''m sure it was an amazing day!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i too cannot wait to see the picture! it sounds beautiful!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow beautiful ring, I cant wait to see the actual pictures
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I can''t wait to see this!

I don''t know what henna is, or why it''s on your hand (though I do get it had something to do with the ceramony), but get it off!!
9.gif
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That must be a real stunner! Congrats on your wedding! I would love to see even with the henna. How long does that take to come off? And what is the significance? Just decoration? I bet it is lovely!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I bet it''s gorgeous. If you don''t want to give handshots because of the henna, how about just some shots of the finished ring?
31.gif
LOL

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 9:08:57 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I bet it''s gorgeous. If you don''t want to give handshots because of the henna, how about just some shots of the finished ring?
31.gif
LOL
YES! YES! DO THIS!
I bet it is gorgeous, I wanna see it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Ah -- you got it all! Lucky you, must be quite a stunner IRL. I second (third? fourth?) the vote for real life pics of the ring even sans henna hands for now (although you have to come back with handshots, too
18.gif
)!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! i love that simon g setting too. your ring sounds beautiful! can''t wait to see more pics of it!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I want to see! The ring sounds perfect so you better hurry and post some pics!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a cool ring you have created! I can''t wait to see handshots! Congrats on getting married!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incredible design, I can''t wait to see how it turns out!! I love that you really don''t need a wedding band with this design either, it already looks like a perfect set!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Welll, how about some pictures before they set the centerstone? Just as a teaser ;-)

Oh, and before I forget, henna or mehndi is applied to many Indian, Pakistani and Middle Eastern brides. It is a paste made from grinding the henna plant and can last anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. It is traditional, but has no real significance other than being decorative. Mine is on its way out!

Here''s a picture of my bridal henna right after it was applied. After the paste dried, it got hard and crumbly. After I showered and I took it all off it turned a deep orange/red color.

shcmehndibridal.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
And now for what you''re REALLY waiting for, pictures of the ring!

AJWR-2gt.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I like this angle!

AJWR-134.jpg

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a very special and beautiful setting and wedding band! Can''t wait to see handshots of it! Congratulations to you!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous so far...I cannot wait to see the finished ring!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully. What a wonderful mesh of your two styles.

More pics!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
somehowcollide- First all of, your henna was gorgeous! I''d love to see more photos of your wedding. Are they in the brides forum, by any chance?

And the ring...
30.gif
I love how you were able to compromise and come up with something unique that you both adore. A lovely start to a marriage
21.gif
Can''t wait for more photos!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
We considered doing eternity, but didn''t want to deal with the hassles of re-sizing. The Euro/square shank in the back is nice and comfortable to wear.

The rose gold and pink diamonds are just gorgeous, and probably one of my favorite parts of the ring.

AJW-39jr7.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
One more, so you can see a profile and how the bands sit.

I will definitely post pro pics of the wedding once I get my hands on ''em! It was a five day long event, so there will be a lot to share!

Thank you all for looking and your kind comments. I''m sure they will make my hubby beam as well!!

AJWR-446g.jpg

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! can''t wait to see pics of the finished ring and handshots!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so happy for you. I am flattered my ring was part of the inspiration for your ring. Congrats on your wedding.
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
THAT IS SPECTACULAR!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

btw your henna was beautiful!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
WOW!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto WOW, that is beautiful!!! I think it turned out great, I can''t wait to see a handshot! I love the henna too, out of curiosity how long did it take to apply?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:52:24 PM
Author: somehowcollide
Welll, how about some pictures before they set the centerstone? Just as a teaser ;-)

Oh, and before I forget, henna or mehndi is applied to many Indian, Pakistani and Middle Eastern brides. It is a paste made from grinding the henna plant and can last anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. It is traditional, but has no real significance other than being decorative. Mine is on its way out!

Here's a picture of my bridal henna right after it was applied. After the paste dried, it got hard and crumbly. After I showered and I took it all off it turned a deep orange/red color.
WOW! That looks awesome. Are there special people you go to for application, like tatoo artists? and how long did that take?? Really cool, thanks for explaining and posting a pic!

Ok, now I'll go back and look at your ring.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results