shape
carat
color
clarity

Cab Tsavorite in Eddie Sakamoto setting

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just got this ring back from the jewelers and I must say, I am more than pleased.

Specs: 3.05ct - 10 x 8 x 7mm Tsavorite Cabochon

Setting - Eddie Sakamoto 14k yg setting (purchased in the late 90's) - if you aren't familiar with this designer, here is a link to his current collection at Pearlman's

My jeweler custom made the head to match the flow of the rest of the ring. It used to have a prong set faceted stone in it.. I like it much better this way - it completely changed the looks of the ring.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/eddie-sakamoto-jewelry/rings/

tsav8.jpg

tsav7.jpg

tsav.jpg

tsav6.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Love the flowing design & the gold is just right w/the green tsav. Like it!

--- Laurie

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Colorluvr - I love the organic design to go with this lovely green tsav! Wear that badboy in good health!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, and definitely a change from what is normally posted in this forum, but the color of the Tsavorite is incredible in person and I love the feel of a heavy ring on my finger.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely tsavorite. I am a green stone lover. Aren't they the most uncooperative stone color to photograph? My teenager took better shots than a professional of mine. I think it looks like you will wear the ring a lot, because it is low enough. Personally, I would wear it alone on my left hand as a wedding ring. I love green stones for left hands. My next project is going to be green--again.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you PT.

I will probably wear it on my left hand, because I am right handed and tend to bump things way more with that hand. Fortunately, my DH doesn't care what rings I wear on which fingers, so whatever I'm wearing on my left hand on any particular day, becomes my wedding ring. =)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is totally my taste!! I saw a tsav cab in a shop a while ago and it has haunted me! This is so beautiful, both the mounting AND the stone. Congratulations on a beautiful project seen to completion!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a fantastic design! So unusual!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love how the stone is the star of the show! Such a pretty stone in a lovely setting!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I LEEEERV EET! Let me count the ways:
First of all I love the depth of color of that stone. yummy
Second: the setting is so cool. I am a big fan of east/west and I think it's really cool how you went modern, wavy, and chunky with it. Amd the dimensions look really lovely on your finger.
Third of all, the yellow gold is so nice against the green It's a soothing and buttery
very very nice

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all very much! I bought this setting back in the late 90's (as I stated) and I've kept it hidden away in my jewelry box for years (it held a diamond for about two years and then I had it removed).

I have purchased more stones than I'd like to admit with the idea of perhaps setting them in this ring, but they never looked that great, so it just stayed one of those "someday" projects. When I found this stone, and it fit, I knew it was what I had been waiting for.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting. What's better than YG and a gorgeous Tsav??? They just go together like peas in a pod. I think it's lovely.. The setting is refreshing... Just love it. Enjoy!!!! :love: :wavey:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a GORGEOUS Tsav! and I love the graceful, free flowing design. Very sexy! The buttery yellow gold was exactly the right way to go. Congrats on owning a beautiful new piece!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I can't think of anything else to say except
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll echo the :love: :love:
I love it in the yellow gold..and I love the curvey swoopy-ness of it. I like heavier rings too..this really makes me rethink some of my projects..maybe I should change them to cabs.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Packrat and Shiney! I think one of the reasons I like it is because it is so different from the norm.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I love Eddie Sakamoto's work. I've been lusting after his spiral earrings, except with colored stones rather than diamonds. So, I think this ring is wonderful. I love how organic and smooth the design is, and how your lovely Tsav looks as though it was meant to be there, and I love how it looks on your finger. :appl: :appl: :appl:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
So great. It's an organic take on modern. And that tsav is delicious. A perfect little gumdrop tidal wave

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The color of the tsav is gorgeous and I love the setting. Yellow gold makes the stone just pop! Enjoy wearing your new ring :))

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all again. I'm truly enjoying it and I think a matching pendant may need to be on my "future project" list. :appl:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Simply beautiful.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful setting and what a beautiful cab. :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pure perfection, I love it!! :lickout:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am particularly fond of cabs.
i am particularly fond of organic settings.
i am particularly fond of rings that won't be seen on others.
you have a win-win-win in my book!
and it looks fab on your finger, too!

MoZo

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool looking ring. :love:

-A

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! I love that it is set into yellow gold as well!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this! It may make me rethink my cab snobbies. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results