• Use Prongs

• Keep bezels

• Either way will work

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey There,
So I have seen so may gorgeous moi et too and bypass rings lately they kind of got me intrigued.

I wanted to do a 3 shank bypass ring.
So I repurposed some diamonds I had left over from a diamond band, some studs and an 7 stone. Then I purchased 3 pears and sent my idea to David K. and Amy. All stones total about 2.2 ctw.

When I showed DH the bezel design he said it reminded him of Madusa. I was like 'WHAT'!!

So now I would like to put this to my PS family to help me decide.

Tell me your thoughts. Keep bezels or do prongs?

Aka 'Madusa'
DK 67815-QUAD.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
With this design, I’m thinking bezels would be better. The stones will be protected. And less chance of snags...it’s going to be a cool ring!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Raindance style ring, and I really like the bezels, it makes each stone stand out.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medusa was just misunderstood. Embrace her. :lol:
But seriously, I don’t think you can go wrong either way. DK typically does nice both prongs and bezels.
by nature the bezels will be a smoother wear. And prongs sometimes do catch lint.
His cluster /mixed cut rings don’t typically look to be porcupine-ish.

can you show us the stones? I love your idea!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With this design, I’m thinking bezels would be better. The stones will be protected. And less chance of snags...it’s going to be a cool ring!

I agree with this, and I also think prongs just might look messy with that many stones in that configuration.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
+1 for bezels, plus you’ll have the added peace of mind that you can wear it more often without worrying about snags. Very cool design!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thabks. I initially thought bezels too but the stones are so small the extra metal of bezels seemed to make the stones seem smaller.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Raindance style ring, and I really like the bezels, it makes each stone stand out.

I'd love to see your Raindance style ring. May give me another perspective.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezels! As someone with a million tiny prongs...
I really like it, and bezels will make this eminently wearable in any situation:))

I do agree bezels protect more. This will be worn on my middle of finger from time to time so maybe daily wear...maybe not? Idk

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also voted for bezels - super cool and pretty design - looking forward to your finished-piece thread!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medusa was just misunderstood. Embrace her. :lol:
But seriously, I don’t think you can go wrong either way. DK typically does nice both prongs and bezels.
by nature the bezels will be a smoother wear. And prongs sometimes do catch lint.
His cluster /mixed cut rings don’t typically look to be porcupine-ish.

can you show us the stones? I love your idea!
Lol!!! If I embrace her I will turn to stone!!! (haha)

I was so outdone when he said that, because to me with the round and pear stone orientation the way it is I saw little tadpoles or piece of flower petals...

Your are really right, DK will do a nice job with either prong or bezel so I can't go wrong. But my wrong has the two side stones with 4prong baskets and I haven't had a problem with the snagging at all.

Here are The stones (ignore the blue sapphire) IMG_20210401_113438__01__01.jpg IMG_20210421_140616__01.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with this, and I also think prongs just might look messy with that many stones in that configuration.

I thought about the messy look aspect but I may have Amy show me CAD with claw prongs just to see it. But idk.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for bezel, however, I bezel everything if I could!

DK :))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for bezels, plus you’ll have the added peace of mind that you can wear it more often without worrying about snags. Very cool design!

Thank you!!
Again the protection bezels provide are a plus. I'm on the fence.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also voted for bezels - super cool and pretty design - looking forward to your finished-piece thread!

Thank you and I appreciate your vote!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for bezel, however, I bezel everything if I could!

DK :))

Lol I get it! Bezels done right, provide such a clean contemporary look. I love them too!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Hey There,
So I have seen so may gorgeous moi et too and bypass rings lately they kind of got me intrigued.

I wanted to do a 3 shank bypass ring.
So I repurposed some diamonds I had left over from a diamond band, some studs and an 7 stone. Then I purchased 3 pears and sent my idea to David K. and Amy. All stones total about 2.2 ctw.

When I showed DH the bezel design he said it reminded him of Madusa. I was like 'WHAT'!!

So now I would like to put this to my PS family to help me decide.

Tell me your thoughts. Keep bezels or do prongs?

Aka 'Madusa'
DK 67815-QUAD.jpg

Definitely bezels with this design.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I am not a fan of bezel but this design looks great with bezel setting.
Clean looking & yet safe.
So +1 bezel =)2

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is CAD with prongs DK 67815-QUAD-7.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, an example with coloured stones

7F9790D1-A061-4F00-B614-0FCBEFCE4947.jpeg IMG_0338.JPG

mine is all diamonds.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I thought bezel at first but after seeing the CADs with the prongs I’m torn! There’s something about that one haloed stone that I love.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think adding the halo is interesting and with the prongs, it kind of changes the vibe of the ring for me. I like them both. To me, the bezels make the design a bit more casual while the prongs with the halo make it a bit "fancier" for lack of a better word. So I'd say go with the one that suits your style best.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought bezel at first but after seeing the CADs with the prongs I’m torn! There’s something about that one haloed stone that I love.
@m1918 yes. I'm torn too. I asked DK to halo that stone only but When I saw the halo for the 1st time in CAD my mouth dropped. I love it!!
But on prongs I don't think I can go wrong Either way. Thanks for chiming in!!

I think adding the halo is interesting and with the prongs, it kind of changes the vibe of the ring for me. I like them both. To me, the bezels make the design a bit more casual while the prongs with the halo make it a bit "fancier" for lack of a better word. So I'd say go with the one that suits your style best.
@Lookinagain thanks for saying so. I agree haloing the center does change the feel and look of this piece. I kinda wanted to make that center pear the focal point.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the halo design, too. Haven’t seen anything like it and it’s very cool. Are you doing a mix of plat and 2 YG? Curious why you are doing two different YG.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the halo design, too. Haven’t seen anything like it and it’s very cool. Are you doing a mix of plat and 2 YG? Curious why you are doing two different YG.

Thanks a bunch!!
Doing it in unplated wg and rose gold :))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there!!
Just want to post the end result! I appreciate everyone thoughts and opinions! I decided I preferred prongs and bezel on center pear only.:))

Here's the SMB thread

67815-09.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results