shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 10:57:15 PM
Author: Clairitek
Strawberries- I just went back and read your initial post to the thread. Welcome! Sounds like you and I are in a similar boat, along with Meresal and some others.

I can totally relate to being in a better mood when I feel like I have gotten a good workout. If I go into the gym unhappy I NEVER leave unhappy. This is what I remind myself of when I am hesitant to deal with the gym.

Good for you on keeping track of your food and such. I find that when I try to do that one of two things happens. 1) I just get bored of it or 2) I get obsessive about my food in take and question every little thing I put in my mouth and guilt trip myself about higher fat stuff. Eating disorders run rampant in my father''s side of the family. My grandfather, uncle, and cousin all suffered from this sort of thing sometime in their life. I just don''t want to slip into that mentality.

I wish you the best of luck in figuring out the migraines and such. My mother has suffered from migraines for a long time. Not sure if you already know this but blue cheeses, red wine, and smoked salmon are all known migraine triggers and the definitely have that sort of effect on her.
I''d love to be able to do a triathalon. My brother''s girlfriend did one - we were so proud of her. Haha I think she got an actual triathalon bike for Christmas a year ago, and it was something like $1000 or something... whew!!
22.gif
Haha.

I hear ya about the food journal. I just try to keep the mindset of not beating myself up if I want something a little different. Haha actually the thing that aggravates me the most is when I cook something or go out to eat somewhere that I can''t get the nutrition info on, haha so I can''t get my totals for the day. I like to keep up with the calories and PCF, but I also like to do the sodium, fiber, and potassium. I tend to retain water really easy, so the sodium is pretty important so I can keep up with its effects. A while back, I really realized I needed more fiber to even out my digestive system, so keeping up with it helps me make sure I''m getting enough. And I''m taking Yaz right now on a trial basis (first month), and it has info in there about potassium, so I just want to be wary of how much I''m taking in. But I can definitely see how it can become almost an aggravation watching over your shoulder every time, instead of just a list.

Thank you for the info about the migraines too. It''s weird, because I don''t eat any of those 3 things. But I know there are other triggers too. The bigest aggravation with them is I''ll get the headaches (I''m not sure when they''re migraines or not) and when they''re bad enough, they debilitate me all day. Which means going to the gym is the last thing on my mind. Even if I have the motivation, I just can''t imagine making my blood pump any more at the moment - I just want to lay down and close my eyes.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:50:54 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

I''d love to be able to do a triathalon. My brother''s girlfriend did one - we were so proud of her. Haha I think she got an actual triathalon bike for Christmas a year ago, and it was something like $1000 or something... whew!!
22.gif
Haha.

I hear ya about the food journal. I just try to keep the mindset of not beating myself up if I want something a little different. Haha actually the thing that aggravates me the most is when I cook something or go out to eat somewhere that I can''t get the nutrition info on, haha so I can''t get my totals for the day. I like to keep up with the calories and PCF, but I also like to do the sodium, fiber, and potassium. I tend to retain water really easy, so the sodium is pretty important so I can keep up with its effects. A while back, I really realized I needed more fiber to even out my digestive system, so keeping up with it helps me make sure I''m getting enough. And I''m taking Yaz right now on a trial basis (first month), and it has info in there about potassium, so I just want to be wary of how much I''m taking in. But I can definitely see how it can become almost an aggravation watching over your shoulder every time, instead of just a list.

Thank you for the info about the migraines too. It''s weird, because I don''t eat any of those 3 things. But I know there are other triggers too. The bigest aggravation with them is I''ll get the headaches (I''m not sure when they''re migraines or not) and when they''re bad enough, they debilitate me all day. Which means going to the gym is the last thing on my mind. Even if I have the motivation, I just can''t imagine making my blood pump any more at the moment - I just want to lay down and close my eyes.
You bring up some wonderful reasons to keep a food journal besides for weight loss. I just started taking that pill too. Perhaps I should watch my potassium intake! I also hate how much my weight can fluctuate because of water retention. I do love salty things too. Thankfully by blood pressure is really healthy so that isn''t an issue. Maybe I will re-think ruling out the food journal and think of it as a total health tool, not just a fat/calories thing.

I am going to be able to get a deal on a tri-bike. I''m not going to get something super fancy, just workable until I see whether this is something I am going to do for just one season or for a lifetime. My friend knows owners of 3 bike shops in my area and has told me he can get me something at wholesale so I am hoping that I will spend $400-$450 at the most.

I find that when I get a migraine I am extremely light sensitive and a little nauceous. My mother actually gets quite violently ill if she doesn''t take her migraine meds at the first sign of one. The pain is fairly intense and sort of "flashes" in my head. Its really hard to describe. Thankfully I only get them once a year or so.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:22:17 PM

You bring up some wonderful reasons to keep a food journal besides for weight loss. I just started taking that pill too. Perhaps I should watch my potassium intake! I also hate how much my weight can fluctuate because of water retention. I do love salty things too. Thankfully by blood pressure is really healthy so that isn''t an issue. Maybe I will re-think ruling out the food journal and think of it as a total health tool, not just a fat/calories thing.

I am going to be able to get a deal on a tri-bike. I''m not going to get something super fancy, just workable until I see whether this is something I am going to do for just one season or for a lifetime. My friend knows owners of 3 bike shops in my area and has told me he can get me something at wholesale so I am hoping that I will spend $400-$450 at the most.

I find that when I get a migraine I am extremely light sensitive and a little nauceous. My mother actually gets quite violently ill if she doesn''t take her migraine meds at the first sign of one. The pain is fairly intense and sort of ''flashes'' in my head. Its really hard to describe. Thankfully I only get them once a year or so.
I''m not quite sure if the potassium is a huge issue. I know on the commercial, they say something about kidney and adrenal disease, because of the potassium. I have none of those worries, but I eat bananas every day, and once I started keeping track of it this week, I didn''t realize how many things I eat have potassium. Problem is, potassium''s not one of the required nutrients on nutrition labels yet, so some don''t have it. I don''t think there''s any worry really for the average person, but I''ve been having aggravations from past BC pills and this is my last try before I go all natural. So I just want to have a record of triggers so I can try to know when headaches or any other problems are the result of food or the hormones.

Yeah when I first started a food journal about a year ago, I had a really hard time after a while with keeping it up. I think it was because I was totalling it every single day, and really concerned about making sure my intake was under a certain amount every day. Now I am really trying, like you put it, to look at it as a full health tool. I really only retain water around that time of the month, but it''s really bad then, so maybe this will help me avoid certain foods then. My blood pressure is really good too. I think the journal just helps me be aware of my goal but not let it eat at me. I mean, I ate Chick Fil A for lunch today, and FI and I split a Japanese meal tonight. But I also didn''t snack today, and my servings were small. I won''t have nutrient info from tonight''s dinner, but instead of freaking out about it like I used to, I just write down what I ate and that''s it!

Hopefully this will help with the headaches and all too. I keep the headache diary in the same book, and I write down things I did that day and the weather so I can track possible patterns. And now that I''ll have the food journal, I''ll be able to look back at what I ate before I had a headache. Or if my digestive track is weird, I''ll hopefully easily be able to see why and remedy it. Just a little more proactive approach to learning my body, I guess. Lord knows I''ve tried everything else, haha which usually just includes ibuprofen or antacids!
20.gif

I need to start keeping up with the water I drink too - I like doing that because I tell a huge difference in my skin, lips, energy, hunger (everything!) when I''m drinking enough water, which for me is at least 40 ounces a day. I try to drink more, but even when it''s all you drink, it''s hard.

That''s awesome about the bike - I hope you enjoy it a lot! I know my brother''s girlfriend said it''s addictive - she does them with her mom!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Well, my personal update is not too profound by any means. I wasn''t feeling the gym yesterday, so I did Pilates at home - the 20 minute workout, then the 20 minute upper body sculpting video. I felt pretty good and my circulation was doing really well. Plus, today, I noticed my abs were sore, so that''s good! Guess it does work.
5.gif
I worked around the house a lot today - streamlined and cleaned up the junk room. No sweating, but I worked pretty darn hard and am tired now.

Hope everybody''s having a good weekend! I''m loving the 70 degree weather we''re having! Hehe and I''m spending my Saturday night on the couch with the computer and TV!
10.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I posted about a month ago (maybe less) about how I was going to start exercising and all of that. I never did it!

Starting tomorrow my MOH and my sister are coming over to work out! I''m excited about the idea of finally getting healthy. I just need to think about my health, fitting into a wedding dress and bathing suit, and about later on wanting to conceive.

Wish me luck ladies!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t go to the gym at all this weekend. I did walk around the city for a couple of hours on Saturday though and FI and I walked a little over a mile at Valley Forge yesterday (plus the walking around the mall). I did have the most indulgent lunch yesterday. I don''t even want to look up the nutrition information on it. I had a burger, fries, and coke from Five Guys. What I didn''t know what I was ordering, is that the burgers are DOUBLE BURGERS and even the regular fry is pretty big. It was so delicious though. I thoroughly enjoyed every morsel. It was more of a celebratory dinner for my birthday since FI is on a plane going on a business trip as I write this.

I plan on swimming today and tomorrow. Doing a land-based work out on Wednesday and then swimming Thursday and a land-based workout on Friday. I am going home this weekend and I doubt that I will work out while I am there.

Date: 3/8/2009 11:03:51 PM
Author: taovandel
Okay, I posted about a month ago (maybe less) about how I was going to start exercising and all of that. I never did it!

Starting tomorrow my MOH and my sister are coming over to work out! I''m excited about the idea of finally getting healthy. I just need to think about my health, fitting into a wedding dress and bathing suit, and about later on wanting to conceive.

Wish me luck ladies!
Good luck taovandel! Getting started is the hardest part for me. Before I get back into exercising I will procrastinate about it for weeks. Once I start I begin to look forward to it because I know that I am contributing towards being healthier.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Claritek,

I"ve done a couple of triathlons in the past summers. Good luck on yours! $500 for a road bike is a GREAT price! FI bought one last year for about $1200 and it wasn''t even one of the uber fancy ones. I''ve got a "beater" road bike that I''ve had for years that I do my tri''s with. I want to buy a new bike this year, but we''ll see.

What distance tri are you planning on doing? I want to do an olympic this year, but am trying to figure out which one. I did a wonderful sprint last summer with FI in Lake Geneva, WI (actually Fontana, WI) but it had a HUUUUUUGE hill that you have to run up. Don''t want to do that for the olympic...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:38:58 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Claritek,

I''ve done a couple of triathlons in the past summers. Good luck on yours! $500 for a road bike is a GREAT price! FI bought one last year for about $1200 and it wasn''t even one of the uber fancy ones. I''ve got a ''beater'' road bike that I''ve had for years that I do my tri''s with. I want to buy a new bike this year, but we''ll see.

What distance tri are you planning on doing? I want to do an olympic this year, but am trying to figure out which one. I did a wonderful sprint last summer with FI in Lake Geneva, WI (actually Fontana, WI) but it had a HUUUUUUGE hill that you have to run up. Don''t want to do that for the olympic...
I plan on doing all sprint distance until I sort my knee out. I did something to it a few years ago and it sort of gives me a ton of trouble after about 2.5-3 miles. I know this will definitely limit my capability to do a longer distance race. I just hope that after the swim and bike I won''t have pushed my knee to the limit and will still have it in me to finish the running part.

Bex215

Rough_Rock
Happy Birthday, C-tek!! (its today, right?)

And YAY for Philly Beer week!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:00:41 AM

Date: 3/8/2009 11:03:51 PM

Wish me luck ladies!
Good luck taovandel! Getting started is the hardest part for me. Before I get back into exercising I will procrastinate about it for weeks. Once I start I begin to look forward to it because I know that I am contributing towards being healthier.
Good luck also taovandel! Just stick to it. Make yourself a goal for a certain number of times a week or something, but not too high at first so you can actually meet it.

I feel the same as the highlighted part above - I actually did that recently for weeks. But now I''m back into it and actually look forward daily to the high and feeling cleaned out and great!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t physically work out Saturday, but I worked around the house a lot and put a serious dent in the junk room. The only real physically beneficial thing was moving big boxes around, hehe.

Sunday I spent the afternoon cleaning out both mine and FI''s vehicles. My arms and hands are literally sore today from the vacuuming and all, so that worked me out somewhat. Then I did my Pilates 20min video last night.

I could really tell Saturday and Sunday that the Pilates video was working, because my core was sore for the first time in a LOOONG time... so I must have done something right! Gonna keep it up!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:48:30 AM
Author: Bex215

Ditto...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
9.gif

ps... this "Beer Week" sounds like something I could really get into
31.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies!

I just wanted to brag that my fiance has lost 25 pounds since January 1st! His goal is to lose another 15 by the wedding (end of July). He looks soooo good. I''m so proud of him for sticking with it.

I''ve maintained my goal of losing 5 pounds and keeping it off. Now I just need to tone and continue the cardio.

We have been going to the gym together every day for 35 minutes a day (we will skip a day maybe, but usually just once a week if at all) and we are cooking for ourselves every other night. We have leftovers the off nights. Lots of good recipes I''ve found on Cooking Light, so it''s really fun finding new things that are healthy for us.

Yea!!! Go us!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Lanie: That is awesome!!! Congratulations to you and FI!!!
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Good core workout anyone? Turbo Jams!! Disk 2, the Ab section. Only 18 minutes but DAMN! I did it on Saturday and I''m still dying today. And my abs are still semi strong despite not dancing for a year. Holy moly. Okay, PSA over.
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 1:34:27 PM
Author: Lanie
Hey ladies!

I just wanted to brag that my fiance has lost 25 pounds since January 1st! His goal is to lose another 15 by the wedding (end of July). He looks soooo good. I''m so proud of him for sticking with it.

I''ve maintained my goal of losing 5 pounds and keeping it off. Now I just need to tone and continue the cardio.

We have been going to the gym together every day for 35 minutes a day (we will skip a day maybe, but usually just once a week if at all) and we are cooking for ourselves every other night. We have leftovers the off nights. Lots of good recipes I''ve found on Cooking Light, so it''s really fun finding new things that are healthy for us.

Yea!!! Go us!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Wow!!! This is so inspiring and wonderful to hear! You must be so proud of him and he shouild be proud of himself as well! Its great to have someone to close to you to keep you motivated.

What are your new favorite recipes from Cooking Light? FI and I enjoy making a low fat chili. I think I''ve even posted a thread about it. We probably eat it once a week or more.

You two are going to look fantastic at your wedding!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 2:12:19 PM

Date: 3/9/2009 1:34:27 PM
Author: Lanie
Hey ladies!

Yea!!! Go us!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Wow!!! This is so inspiring and wonderful to hear! You must be so proud of him and he shouild be proud of himself as well! Its great to have someone to close to you to keep you motivated.

What are your new favorite recipes from Cooking Light? FI and I enjoy making a low fat chili. I think I''ve even posted a thread about it. We probably eat it once a week or more.

You two are going to look fantastic at your wedding!
Claritek, where''s your chili recipe??? I would love to try it! I just posted my 2 faves in the Healthy recipes thread over in Healthier Lifestyles. There are some really good ones on there! I never knew eating healthy could still taste so good. I was scared we''d be eating salads and vegetables until the wedding! And that''s frightening to me. I''m a meat and potatoes type of girl!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I officially started today!

Ate really well and then went to the gym and worked out. Did 25 minutes on the bike and did some leg work and squats.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:48:30 AM
Author: Bex215

Thanks! Yes, it was yesterday.

I think FI is so sad that he only got in one day of beer week. Though, I''m sure his bank account is happy he had to fly off on a business trip.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 11:42:40 PM
I officially started today!

Ate really well and then went to the gym and worked out. Did 25 minutes on the bike and did some leg work and squats.
Wonderful! You''re on your way now.

Personally I notice a huge difference in my mood when I work out regularly. Those endorphin things are no joke! I try to remember this part when I am having trouble with motivation (i.e. now when FI is away on a business trip).

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Happy Belated Clairitek!!!

Last week was a bad bad week, thought I was coming down with a cold but turned out to be the worst stomach virus (possibly food poising) I''ve ever had ughhhh
14.gif
Since then I''ve had no appetite so no energy.

Gonna try to go on an easy run tonight

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!!

So after a few lazy weeks of doing my normal once a week Zumba class I have offically kicked myself into geer. Monday marked day 1 of my P90X workouts! Let me tell you....that it kicked my butt!!! I feel like I have to get in shape before I try to get in shape if you know what I mean!!

Day 1: Arms and Back: I think I did about 20 total pull-ups (something I never thought I could do) probably 150 push ups and countless tricep exercises in the course of an hour... My arms, chest, and back have NEVER been so sore.

Day 2: Plyometrics: Lots of lunges and jumps. Great cardio work out. I actually really like this workout.

Day 3: Today: Lower Back and Abs: I''m curious to see how this goes...I''m actually pretty excited for it. I really do like doing crunches and having my abs feel sore...We''ll see if I feel the same way tomorrow.
3.gif

After my P90 workout tonight is my Zumba class. It should be good...I''ll do all of my weight training first and then my cardio!

So that''s where I stand right now. I had to take some "before" pictures so maybe if I get brave I''ll share....or maybe I will once I''m done with the program and have AWESOME "after" pictures to share too
2.gif

Sounds like everyone else is on the right track too! I''m really starting to see that just a little bit of self motivation a day can do a lot! If you can just get yourself to the gym, or get yourself to press play on the DVD player for a home workout you''ll really be surprised what you actually can do.

Keep up the hard work ladies!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Worked out again yesterday. Did my cardio and then did my arms, shoulders and back. Need to look good in a strapless dress, right ladies!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 1:08:34 PM
Author: ams0124
Hi Ladies!!

So after a few lazy weeks of doing my normal once a week Zumba class I have offically kicked myself into geer. Monday marked day 1 of my P90X workouts! Let me tell you....that it kicked my butt!!! I feel like I have to get in shape before I try to get in shape if you know what I mean!!

Day 1: Arms and Back: I think I did about 20 total pull-ups (something I never thought I could do) probably 150 push ups and countless tricep exercises in the course of an hour... My arms, chest, and back have NEVER been so sore.

Day 2: Plyometrics: Lots of lunges and jumps. Great cardio work out. I actually really like this workout.

Day 3: Today: Lower Back and Abs: I''m curious to see how this goes...I''m actually pretty excited for it. I really do like doing crunches and having my abs feel sore...We''ll see if I feel the same way tomorrow.
3.gif

After my P90 workout tonight is my Zumba class. It should be good...I''ll do all of my weight training first and then my cardio!

So that''s where I stand right now. I had to take some ''before'' pictures so maybe if I get brave I''ll share....or maybe I will once I''m done with the program and have AWESOME ''after'' pictures to share too
2.gif

Sounds like everyone else is on the right track too! I''m really starting to see that just a little bit of self motivation a day can do a lot! If you can just get yourself to the gym, or get yourself to press play on the DVD player for a home workout you''ll really be surprised what you actually can do.

Ams0124: My fiance and I are both trying to "shape up" before the wedding. He just bought the P90X program and started it on Sunday too! I am not a huge fan of the diet part of the program and some of the exercises, so I am going to kinda half follow it, along with running (getting ready for a 10-miler) and following the Weight Watchers (WW) food program. I would love to follow along with you as you do it and share any tips/feedback on the program.

Otherwise, I posted a few weeks ago about getting to my "fit in my dress" size. Prolly another 5 pounds only, but more toning in general. Since then, I have bouyed back and forth with about 4 pounds, but am back down by 3+ lbs now. Between being more vigilant with WW and through a mix of running and P90X, I hope to get into great shape for not only my wedding, but for the rest of the year too!

Thanks for the support ladies and keep it coming!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:06:30 PM
Worked out again yesterday. Did my cardio and then did my arms, shoulders and back. Need to look good in a strapless dress, right ladies!
Woohoo!! Amen sista!
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
ams0124 and dcgator - My FI used to have the P90X and said it was SOOOO hard, but really good for you. I didn't know it had a diet program with it, but FI used to be REALLY cut up (like body builder cut up and lean) and is on his way back there now. When he was, he's talked about how strict the diet was, so I'm sure the P90X was about the same. Very small meals, snack often but very lean, exercising his heart out every day. He ate egg whites and plain oatmeal for breakfast and for supper, every day. Eating out at all was basically a no-no. He had to come home and nap after work, then wake up and go run and lift weights or do the P90 stuff, then come home for the supper. Very very strict, and something he couldn't budge on. I didn't know him then, but I'm sure he looked good.
2.gif
Anyway, I'm sure the P90X people on those videos have to do about the same thing. It's awesome you're giving the workouts a try!!!
36.gif
I've heard people get really good results with it.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I worked out Sunday as I mentioned in my last post, but didn''t do anything Monday or Tuesday. Monday''s usually my day off since the gym is always so crowded, and we get our grocery shopping done then. Yesterday I just felt like poo. This time change is really throwing me for a loop!!! I''m SO DANG TIRED!!!!
14.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:47:58 PM
Author: dcgator

Date: 3/11/2009 1:08:34 PM
Author: ams0124
Hi Ladies!!

Day 3: Today: Lower Back and Abs: I'm curious to see how this goes...I'm actually pretty excited for it. I really do like doing crunches and having my abs feel sore...We'll see if I feel the same way tomorrow.
3.gif

After my P90 workout tonight is my Zumba class. It should be good...I'll do all of my weight training first and then my cardio!

So that's where I stand right now. I had to take some 'before' pictures so maybe if I get brave I'll share....or maybe I will once I'm done with the program and have AWESOME 'after' pictures to share too
2.gif

Sounds like everyone else is on the right track too! I'm really starting to see that just a little bit of self motivation a day can do a lot! If you can just get yourself to the gym, or get yourself to press play on the DVD player for a home workout you'll really be surprised what you actually can do.

Ams0124: My fiance and I are both trying to 'shape up' before the wedding. He just bought the P90X program and started it on Sunday too! I am not a huge fan of the diet part of the program and some of the exercises, so I am going to kinda half follow it, along with running (getting ready for a 10-miler) and following the Weight Watchers (WW) food program. I would love to follow along with you as you do it and share any tips/feedback on the program.

Otherwise, I posted a few weeks ago about getting to my 'fit in my dress' size. Prolly another 5 pounds only, but more toning in general. Since then, I have bouyed back and forth with about 4 pounds, but am back down by 3+ lbs now. Between being more vigilant with WW and through a mix of running and P90X, I hope to get into great shape for not only my wedding, but for the rest of the year too!

Thanks for the support ladies and keep it coming!

YAY!!! I'm so glad you’re on P90X too!! We can trade stories!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I know what you mean about the food part of the program...I find it hard to follow something preset b/c I'm not a fan of all the foods that they have outlined. I just figured that I'm going to follow a more strict diet. I looked through food recommendations and picked out main themes. No junk food, keep your protein up, and carbs before a workout. I am eating pretty much all day to keep my metabolism up. I have a protein shake in the morning right before I leave for work about 6am (the Slim Fast protein powder with a scoop of Whey powder in about 10oz of organic fat free milk), I have a small cup of yogurt around 9am (light and fit 100 calorie kind), lunch at noon, (Campbell’s select harvest light soup, carrot sticks, and a 100 calorie snack thing cause I kinda have a sweet tooth), at 3 I have about a hand full of almonds and dried fruit, at 5 when I leave work I have another protein shake and when I get home I have my workout. Dinner at about 7. and water ALLLLLL day long...I drink probably 3 - 3 1/2L of water a day.

It's actually been pretty easy these past couple days with the food. I thought it would be hard since I've always been in the mode of not eating unless I'm hungry....But with the workouts being as tough as they are I think my body is really craving something to keep it going.

There were a bunch of exercises that I definitely couldn't do fully. The pull-ups I use a chair (but I only use one leg for support so I was really proud of myself for that), the push ups I do as many as I can normal then drop to my knees. I'm really trying to do everything on the videos at least at a modified level if I have to. Its exercises I would have never done by myself at the gym so I'm actually excited to really push through and see what comes out in the end.

So you started on Sunday...that would put you on Day 4 today right? What's day 4? I haven't even looked that far a head...I don't want to get too overwhelmed
3.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blah. Another week without any loss in weight. I''ve been working out 5x/week with mad amounts of cardio, keeping my diet at 1200 cals and nothing. On a slightly brighter note, lost 2 total inches from last week.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:38:05 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 3/11/2009 2:06:30 PM
Woohoo!! Amen sista!
36.gif
This is what I tell myself when I am swimming and my triceps get sore! I know the swimming will be great for my dress. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results