shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Hey gals - I''ve been guilty of being a little lazy in the workout dept too. Just been running a bit here and there. So yesterday I decided I needed something different to hopefully motivate me again & went through the on demand exercise programs on tv. I''ve been getting tired of 30DS so tried to mix it up with a newer one Jillian has called No More Trouble Zones - OMG it was brutal!! If you want to get your butt kicked I totally recommend it!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I''ve keep meaning to join and I keep forgetting to do so...so here I am.

I need to lose about 35 pounds by August. I started the day after Mardi Gras taking advantage of the fact that I gave up eating out for Lent. So far, I''ve lost 8 pounds, but I am very short, so it makes a difference very quickly. I already dropped a full pants size.

Hopefully the remaining 27 pounds will drop as well...It''s VERY hard for me to work out just because I have a mental thing against it, but I can usually keep a closer eye on what I eat.

So good luck to everyone and hopefully, we all get to where we need to be.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That Jillian is an evil woman!

It hurts so good! I did the 30DS last night from onDemand, and holy moly. My thighs hurt, my arms hurt...and I love it! Ahhhh.
26.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats WannaB on the 7 lbs, and welcome Winslet!!

Personal update: I realized that I don't do well without deadlines...
11.gif
So, I made my second fitting appointment for March 18th, which is less than a month away. I have gone back up about 3 lbs, but that is because I have done nothing cardio related in two weeks. My softball games, though fun, are a joke of an actual workout.

We got our E-pics done on the 2nd and we still don't have any pictures. One of my photogs big selling points is that he edits every single picture before you can see them, which I love, but it has been 3 weeks. I wore the smallest jeans I've bought since highschool, I want to see how FI and I looked!! I sent him an email last Thursday, but he was out of the office until today, so I'm hoping to hear something back this week.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am back, hanging my head in failure fuelled shame! I fell off the band wagon with a mighty thump BUT the good news is I am back to do this thing!

I stated weightwatchers again yesterday, I havn''t been for years, but I can honestly say, out of all the diets I have tried over the past 15 years, this is the only one that works for me and it''s a healthy approach to changing your lifestyle, not just a fad.

So for all my shameful details : starting weight - 95.7kg (too embarrased to convert to pounds, it sounds like a lot more then)

Ultimate goal weight - 65kg - not sure if I can realistically get there before the wedding (33 weeks) but I am going to give it a bloody good try!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Mind if I join in :).

Before I went on hols I was working out with a personal trainer for 4mths (4 times a week) and saw bugger all results my weight was staying the same however I was losing inches, went to Europe lost 5kg came back quit personal training because of lack of results and change in management and got a little lazy with no motivation.

Have since then joined a ladies only gym (which I love) restarted PT sessions weekly (this week and she is a fantastic trainer) and so far lost 4kgs (in one week which is massive for me). I now feel happy because now I see there is a possibility I can get to my goal weight for the wedding next year - I find it hard to lose weight as well so this is fairly big for me :). I slogged myself at the gym doing interval training and have been working on my tuckshop ladies to get them in tip top shape :).

I am 7kg''s from my first goal weight, at which point I will permit myself to go try on wedding dresses, I know that sounds crazy but I want to do this for my health and set myself an achievable goal with a sweet reward :D. I haven''t really changed my nutrition to much yet (I do tend to eat mostly pretty healthy) so I was pleasantly surprised (okay massively shocked) when I weighed myself.

I want to join WW as well so that is next on the list :) - hopefully that will really kick my weight loss into gear.

Honey Don''t be ashamed we all have to start somewhere, your goal weight and my goal weight are practically the same so we can work towards it together :D. WW is meant to be brilliant every single person I have known who has done it has had success - you will get there, 33wks is possible to lose that much weight that is a kilo a week :).

meresal I hope you get your pictures back soon :), congrats on the jeans that is quite an achievement
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:59:04 PM
Author: Clairitek
I finally got back into the gym today with FI, now that he is home. I swam twice last week because I had a lot of other stuff going on. Now that we are moving up our wedding from next Spring to June 20th I have to make sure I am in the best shape possible for my first dress fitting that will be in the very end of May. Man, if that doesn''t motivate me along with my triathlon I don''t know what will!
Honey, you are SO DAMN GORGEOUS!! I saw your dress pics in your wedding thread, and it fits you so beautifully! I wouldn''t change one thing :)

BTW, I''m in perfect shape too. Round counts, doesn''t it?!
31.gif

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Okay, I've decided it's tiime for me to join this thread. I've had 30DS for awhile, but usually fall off after day 3. I am just not generally motivated to work out AT ALL (which is a pain because FI is a workout fanatic, ugh
38.gif
). Anyway, I have finally made it to Day 4 of 30 DS and I'm hoping participating on this thread will help hold me accountable. No significant weight loss yet, but I already feel more toned on my sides, which is helping to keep me motivated.

Also, I've started keeping a food journal. I haven't really changed my eating habits yet, but I've noticed that keeping the journal has cut down on my snacking big time, so that's a bonus.

You guys all have some great ideas that I am going to try to incorporate going forward. I'm starting to get down to the wire, wedding is 6/19, yikes!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:27:28 PM
Author: kama_s
Date: 3/22/2009 9:59:04 PM

Author: Clairitek

I finally got back into the gym today with FI, now that he is home. I swam twice last week because I had a lot of other stuff going on. Now that we are moving up our wedding from next Spring to June 20th I have to make sure I am in the best shape possible for my first dress fitting that will be in the very end of May. Man, if that doesn''t motivate me along with my triathlon I don''t know what will!
Honey, you are SO DAMN GORGEOUS!! I saw your dress pics in your wedding thread, and it fits you so beautifully! I wouldn''t change one thing :)

BTW, I''m in perfect shape too. Round counts, doesn''t it?!
31.gif

Aww thanks so much! You are just too kind. I am now just paranoid about stress from school and anxiety over the wedding that I will eat too much. I have certainly been watching it even more carefully than I did before we moved the date.

I will be having my first fitting in about 2 months and then the tri will be 2 months after that.

I''ve been so lazy this week. I haven''t been able to make it to the pool but ONCE. I am going to try and swim tomorrow morning and if not that then a work-out on dry land.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been lazy too this week. But in my defense, Jillian tried to kill me. I could barely walk until yesterday! Literally wincing in pain.
8.gif

I also started keeping a food journal on caloriecount.about.com. It''s pretty cool to see the totals adding up. I don''t eat as much as I thought I did, yay! But I seriously need to cut down on sodium. My favorite food group!!!
9.gif

Here''s to a good weekend everyone!
emcocktl.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Have you guys heard of the 100 pushup challenge? My friend told me about it and she has amazing arms. Here''s the link. I think I''m going to start it. The challenge is for 6 weeks, and my bridal portraits are 8 weeks away, so this can be my new goal!!!
36.gif

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Also, a question for you ladies. Do you ever do exercise videos in front of your FI/DH''s? I will run/walk on the treadmill or eliptical in front of my fiance, no problem. But when it comes to doing exercises, I won''t do them when he''s home!!! I really want to do 30 Day Shred, but I sometimes get home from work after him so I won''t do it! It''s like I''m embarrassed...am I weird?
33.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:58:20 AM
Author: Deelight

Before I went on hols I was working out with a personal trainer for 4mths (4 times a week) and saw bugger all results my weight was staying the same however I was losing inches, went to Europe lost 5kg came back quit personal training because of lack of results and change in management and got a little lazy with no motivation.

Have since then joined a ladies only gym (which I love) restarted PT sessions weekly (this week and she is a fantastic trainer) and so far lost 4kgs (in one week which is massive for me). I now feel happy because now I see there is a possibility I can get to my goal weight for the wedding next year - I find it hard to lose weight as well so this is fairly big for me :). I slogged myself at the gym doing interval training and have been working on my tuckshop ladies to get them in tip top shape :).

I am 7kg''s from my first goal weight, at which point I will permit myself to go try on wedding dresses, I know that sounds crazy but I want to do this for my health and set myself an achievable goal with a sweet reward :D. I haven''t really changed my nutrition to much yet (I do tend to eat mostly pretty healthy) so I was pleasantly surprised (okay massively shocked) when I weighed myself.

I want to join WW as well so that is next on the list :) - hopefully that will really kick my weight loss into gear.

Honey Don''t be ashamed we all have to start somewhere, your goal weight and my goal weight are practically the same so we can work towards it together :D. WW is meant to be brilliant every single person I have known who has done it has had success - you will get there, 33wks is possible to lose that much weight that is a kilo a week :).

meresal I hope you get your pictures back soon :), congrats on the jeans that is quite an achievement
36.gif
Hey Dee!!! We can do it together!! I just need to stay motivated. WW hasn''t taught me anything new regarding which foods to eat, how much etc, it''s just now I am tracking everything I eat everyday online now, and I have to weigh in in front of another human being, I am realising how much extra I was eating when I thought I was doing ok. I am trying to see this weight loss not just as an effort to look fabulous in my very expensive wedding dress (which of course I want to), but also to see our wedding as a new chapter in our lives, and I want to start that chapter healthy and happy!

I also find that I need one day in the week where I can be easy on myself, not totally binge out all day, but I do allow myself whatever dinner I want, including chocolate for dessert. I will try and do a bit extra exercise to make up for it, but I need a day where I can relax and allow myself the nice little extras. I am really excited now, I can''t wait for the weight to drop off!

You go girl too, we are going to look smokin hot on our big days!!!!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:09:49 PM
Author: Lanie
Have you guys heard of the 100 pushup challenge? My friend told me about it and she has amazing arms. Here''s the link. I think I''m going to start it. The challenge is for 6 weeks, and my bridal portraits are 8 weeks away, so this can be my new goal!!!
36.gif

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

Also, a question for you ladies. Do you ever do exercise videos in front of your FI/DH''s? I will run/walk on the treadmill or eliptical in front of my fiance, no problem. But when it comes to doing exercises, I won''t do them when he''s home!!! I really want to do 30 Day Shred, but I sometimes get home from work after him so I won''t do it! It''s like I''m embarrassed...am I weird?
33.gif
Hi Lanie! I just checked out that website, and I have printed out weeks 1-6, so hopefully I can tone up my arms too - there is nothing better for tuckshop ladies than pushups apparently!!
36.gif

Great find, thanks!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:36:17 PM
Author: honey22
Date: 3/27/2009 7:58:20 AM

36.gif

Hey Dee!!! We can do it together!! I just need to stay motivated. WW hasn''t taught me anything new regarding which foods to eat, how much etc, it''s just now I am tracking everything I eat everyday online now, and I have to weigh in in front of another human being, I am realising how much extra I was eating when I thought I was doing ok. I am trying to see this weight loss not just as an effort to look fabulous in my very expensive wedding dress (which of course I want to), but also to see our wedding as a new chapter in our lives, and I want to start that chapter healthy and happy!

I also find that I need one day in the week where I can be easy on myself, not totally binge out all day, but I do allow myself whatever dinner I want, including chocolate for dessert. I will try and do a bit extra exercise to make up for it, but I need a day where I can relax and allow myself the nice little extras. I am really excited now, I can''t wait for the weight to drop off!

You go girl too, we are going to look smokin hot on our big days!!!!
36.gif

For Shizzle :), your a hottie now so you will definitly be stunning on your big day :D.

That is the good thing about WW you can eat chocolate it just has to be in propotion - the WW ice-creams are YUMMY
36.gif

I have to hit the gym big time on Monday (working tommorow
14.gif
) I ate Chinese for dinner last night and noodles for lunch today - big mistake I feel like crap.

Treadmill and Eliptical here I come :D.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Aww Dee, you are such a sweetie! Don''t feel like crap, you will get there.

I find that when I am doing step aerobics and getting tired out, I just repeat over and over in my head, wedding dress, wedding dress, wedding dress, and it gives me another burst of energy to keep going. I must look like a mad woman though! Who cares, it gets me through!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Honey Tis the truth :)

I have the same mantra I also add you don't want to be a fat on your wedding day.

Apprently (I need new scales) I gained 6kgs in about 20hrs - think that might be a world record
20.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only worked out 3x this past week (It''s so hard to go everyday
7.gif
), but I''ve lost 1/2" across my hips since last wednesday and I''m down a pound!

so I celebrated by pigging out on chinese food last night!!
14.gif

Honey: That''s EXACTLY what I do. I close my eyes for a secon and picture my dress and how I''d like to look in it. Haha.

Dee: OMG, that''s great! Keep up the good work!!

Lanie: I refuse to do the 30DS infront of Mr. Kama too. It''s just....too weird. Lol. I dont mind going and palying badminton/squash, but none of the grunting stuff in front of him!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 6:26:02 AM

I have the same mantra I also add you don''t want to be a fat on your wedding day.

Apprently (I need new scales) I gained 6kgs in about 20hrs - think that might be a world record
20.gif
OMG, your scales are totally broken - throw them out asap girly, those things will do your head in I tell you!!!!
32.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kama :)

Date: 3/29/2009 3:50:18 AM
Author: honey22
Date: 3/28/2009 6:26:02 AM

I have the same mantra I also add you don''t want to be a fat on your wedding day.

20.gif

OMG, your scales are totally broken - throw them out asap girly, those things will do your head in I tell you!!!!
32.gif

I agree - I really really should. I will weigh myself at the gym tommorow
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results