shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:09:05 PM
Author: kama_s
Blah. Another week without any loss in weight. I''ve been working out 5x/week with mad amounts of cardio, keeping my diet at 1200 cals and nothing. On a slightly brighter note, lost 2 total inches from last week.
Holy crud kama... 1200 calories! Is that enough for working out too? I don''t want to see you get sick! Have you ever used any online tools to calculate your basal calorie usage? I believe thats the term to describe what you need to consume just to get by in the day without any exercise.

2 inches is a LOT to lose in a week so you must be doing something right! Took me a month to lose 1/2 an inch!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:02:55 PM
Author: ams0124

YAY!!! I''m so glad you’re on P90X too!! We can trade stories!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I know what you mean about the food part of the program...I find it hard to follow something preset b/c I''m not a fan of all the foods that they have outlined. I just figured that I''m going to follow a more strict diet. I looked through food recommendations and picked out main themes. No junk food, keep your protein up, and carbs before a workout. I am eating pretty much all day to keep my metabolism up. I have a protein shake in the morning right before I leave for work about 6am (the Slim Fast protein powder with a scoop of Whey powder in about 10oz of organic fat free milk), I have a small cup of yogurt around 9am (light and fit 100 calorie kind), lunch at noon, (Campbell’s select harvest light soup, carrot sticks, and a 100 calorie snack thing cause I kinda have a sweet tooth), at 3 I have about a hand full of almonds and dried fruit, at 5 when I leave work I have another protein shake and when I get home I have my workout. Dinner at about 7. and water ALLLLLL day long...I drink probably 3 - 3 1/2L of water a day.

It''s actually been pretty easy these past couple days with the food. I thought it would be hard since I''ve always been in the mode of not eating unless I''m hungry....But with the workouts being as tough as they are I think my body is really craving something to keep it going.

There were a bunch of exercises that I definitely couldn''t do fully. The pull-ups I use a chair (but I only use one leg for support so I was really proud of myself for that), the push ups I do as many as I can normal then drop to my knees. I''m really trying to do everything on the videos at least at a modified level if I have to. Its exercises I would have never done by myself at the gym so I''m actually excited to really push through and see what comes out in the end.

So you started on Sunday...that would put you on Day 4 today right? What''s day 4? I haven''t even looked that far a head...I don''t want to get too overwhelmed
3.gif

ams, that sounds amazing! My sister got P90x and is burning me a copy. She says the workouts kick her butt
3.gif
. I honestly believe that I''m incapable of following any type of nutritional plan though...I lack the self-control!

My FI and I do Crossfit and for the pullups I''ve been using resistance bands. I found a video on youtube for ya! We bought a pullup bar for our house and I''m waiting for my resistance band to come in, so maybe then I''ll make a short video of how to do a pullup (with the band) without the natural strength that men have (not that I''m that great but I''m thisclose to doing a real, full pullup on my own).

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:00:30 PM
Author: Clairitek

Blah. Another week without any loss in weight. I've been working out 5x/week with mad amounts of cardio, keeping my diet at 1200 cals and nothing. On a slightly brighter note, lost 2 total inches from last week.

Holy crud kama... 1200 calories! Is that enough for working out too? I don't want to see you get sick! Have you ever used any online tools to calculate your basal calorie usage? I believe thats the term to describe what you need to consume just to get by in the day without any exercise.

2 inches is a LOT to lose in a week so you must be doing something right! Took me a month to lose 1/2 an inch!

Clairitek, you make a good point here regarding the basal metabolic rate (I think this is what you mean). I will share what I know for all if it's helpful!

Disclaimer: I am no doctor, just a Health Educator, and have a ton of experience with helping people to lose weight healthily (and way too much education for my own good!) - take the advice if it's helpful!

Your basal metabolic rate (which maybe is what Clairitek was referring to above?) is the number of calories your body would burn if you literally lay in bed all day. This is the amount of energy your body uses to breathe, digest, pump blood, etc.

This site helps you to calculate your basal metabolic rate:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

But of course, all of us (obviously!!!) do not just lay in bed all day. So once you have your BMR, multiply it by your factor of activity, according to these guidelines:

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Note: VERY few people will fall into extr. active (except professional or Olympic athletes) Some of us could be in very active, most of us probably fall into moderate I think, if we want to be realistic. Usually hard = 2 solid hours or more (in other words, REALLY hard!)

Ok, now that you have that number, that tells you how many calories you actually burn in a day. Then you just need to figure out how many calories to cut out of that to lose weight. A good and healthy place to start is 20% of your total energy expenditure. Here's my example:

My BMR: 1561
My activity level: 1.55
My Total Energy Expenditure: 1561 x 1.55 = 2,419

So that means my body uses about 2,419 calories a day.

I need to take in just less than that to lose weight (about 20% less).

So, 2,419 x .20 = 483.91

Then I just take 483.91 off of 2,419 and that = 1,935 So that's how many calories I should take in to lose weight.

Remember that a pound is equal to 3,500 calories, so at that rate it would take me 7.2 days to lose one pound.

I took a 483 calorie deficit by using the 20% rule, which is a good place to start. However, you can cut your intake up to 1,000 calories, and not use a percentage. If I did that, I would lose two pounds per week, and I could take in 1,419 calories a day, assuming I am keeping up with my exercise. If I stopped exercising, I would need to eat less. The recommendation is that you don't cut any more than 1,000 off of your total energy expenditure (so for me, that would mean I couldn't go lower than 1,419 calories). Everyone is different, but most experts agree that 1,200 is the lowest any woman should go (2,000 for men, if you're wondering).

Ideally, you create the calorie deficit by working out, not by cutting food. So the absolute ideal is to eat as many calories as possible and still create this deficit by working out like crazy. Of course, no one has time for this, so we create deficits by "dieting" instead. See what I mean?

Another disclaimer: everyone's body is different, and will react differently to different diet and exercise habits. This is not as cut and dry as it sounds, and I am a firm believer in listening to your body: it will tell you what it needs if you learn to interpret its signals!

Feel free to ask questions, and I can try to help!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
So other than typing that incredibly confusing thread above, I''ve been doing 30DS!

Ready to move to level 2 tomorrow - ahhh! I am still loving it, though! It has taken just over two weeks to get all ten in, but I''m hoping to take just one day off per week starting tomorrow.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
kama_s - I''m not sure what your goals are, but you should be SOOOOO proud of yourself for losing 2 inches! I really wish we could just ban weight scales. If you lost 2 inches, that alone is SO much proof that you''re doing everything right! You''re losing fat, but obviously gaining some muscle in place of that fat if you''re not losing any pounds. Which is doubly good - you''ve lost fat and inches, but gaining muscle helps with your metabolism, so you in turn burn more calories on a daily basis! PLEASE don''t feel bad about the scales - they are not a true testament to your hard work. Don''t pay attention to the numbers - look at your measurements and body fat - that''s the true testament. Good job on losing the inches!!
36.gif
And please, be sure you eat enough to stay healthy.
1.gif
Please don''t take this as me saying you''re not, b/c 1,2000 may be perfect for you. I just want people to be careful - it''s much easier than most people realize to accidentally rob so much from your body that it doesn''t even have enough energy to function correctly, let alone exercise.

leeNY - It is so refreshing to see someone else that takes the time like I do to calculate all that out! Hehe sometimes I feel like a nerd for doing it, but it''s what helps me see that I''m putting out more than I take in. Haha I thought my FI and I were the only people on earth worried about those equations and our "deficit."
9.gif
Anyway, good job on the explanation - I think it''s very well said.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
leeNY: thank you for doing that! I''ve been curious what the amount of calories I should be consuming are. My total came to 1,837 calories if I do the 20%. Honestly I don''t think I ever get that high, unless I eat fast food. My meal portions are usually pretty small compared to most people that I see. It''s funny, the people at my work laugh at me during lunch because I eat SO slow. I heard it''s a lot easier on your body to digest your food and it''s easier to tell when you''re full that way.

So at the gym today I did 10 minutes on the bike, and then switched to the weights. My arms are gonna hate me tomorrow! I''m going to try on wedding dresses on Saturday (yay!) hopefully my arms will cooperate with me because it''s hard to move them right now!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:50:14 PM
Author: leeNY

Date: 3/11/2009 9:00:30 PM

Blah. Another week without any loss in weight. I''ve been working out 5x/week with mad amounts of cardio, keeping my diet at 1200 cals and nothing. On a slightly brighter note, lost 2 total inches from last week.

Holy crud kama... 1200 calories! Is that enough for working out too? I don''t want to see you get sick! Have you ever used any online tools to calculate your basal calorie usage? I believe thats the term to describe what you need to consume just to get by in the day without any exercise.

Clairitek, you make a good point here regarding the basal metabolic rate (I think this is what you mean).
Yup! That is exactly what I meant. I couldn''t come up with the right words last night and I knew basal was in there somewhere. Thanks soooo much for taking the time to explain everything. I''ve read it here and there before and I have an idea what my rate is but I have never counted calories, just done a rough estimate.

Now I''m off to that link to see exactly where I am for basal metabolic rate!

Well I missed my workout yesterday. I was too exhausted from 3 nights of not sleeping well. I am going swimming in less than an hour though so I will get my workout in today.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
So you started on Sunday...that would put you on Day 4 today right? What''s day 4? I haven''t even looked that far a head...I don''t want to get too overwhelmed

Ams: Day 4 is the 90 minute + yoga session. I actually didn''t do it yesterday b/c I went running instead. I think FI and I will do that one tonight when he gets home from work. It''s supposed to be killer. You should probably be on that one today too, so we can comiserate tomorrow about how rough it was, lol.

SammyJ: I would say as long as you are doing some kinda activity and not going to crazy with the bad stuff you should be good. I am actually putting P90X into the mix b/c while I lost 25 lbs with only doing WW and following their food ideas, my body has gotten used to the exercise I do, and I have gained back some weight. I am hoping this program will give my body the kick in the ass it needs!

LeeNY: Thanks for the tips, I am going to try that out!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:24:21 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

leeNY - It is so refreshing to see someone else that takes the time like I do to calculate all that out! Hehe sometimes I feel like a nerd for doing it, but it''s what helps me see that I''m putting out more than I take in. Haha I thought my FI and I were the only people on earth worried about those equations and our ''deficit.''
9.gif
Anyway, good job on the explanation - I think it''s very well said.

Haha, so funny! I just know waaaay too much about that stuff. Thanks for joining me - you''re not a nerd at all!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Missy0483, DCGator and Clairitek: You're welcome! I hope it's at least somewhat helpful. If nothing else, I think it's a nice reality check that our bodies are strong and when we're working out, we need calories to keep it that way!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
leeNY: WOW! Thanks so much for that. I have actually done that calculation in the past, but I have a ridiculously slow metabolism
38.gif
, so if I eat 1900 calories a day, I WILL gain weight, despite having moderate activity.

Claritek: Really? I was feeling so sucky past few days....but maybe I should only total up my inches lost on a monthly basis then. I normally eat 1500 calroies if I dont workout. Any more than that, and I'll be gaining weight left, right and centre. Crazy slow metab and I also have early stage PCOS. Booo. I eat more healthy then ANYONE I know, yet I have excess weight baggage!! It's just SO disheartening, when I'm doing pretty much everything and still not losing any lbs.

luvthemstrawberries: Thank you sooo much for your kind and encouraging words! I think my diet is healthy, I dont think I'm robbing myself of food. I'll post what I generally eat on a daily basis sometime, and maybe people can chime in to see if it's too less? I just try not to eat any junk, and stick to a low sugar and carb diet. Sucky, because I love all things carby and sugary hehe!!
3.gif

My dress came in 3 weeks ago, and I went to try it on. It looked absolutely awful on me. Apparently, I've lost a lot of weight around my tummy, and the dress is quite fitted....so it gave me such a fugly hour-glass shape. I almost wish I hadn't lost all those inches around my stum!! So I'm kinda terrified of going in for my first fitting, I want to first lose a few inches across my hips. Anyone have suggestions? I know spot treatment is impossible, but I'd love to even tone up in the hip-ular area!

katica

Shiny_Rock
HI guys,
I''d love to join you on this thread. You''r so full of good information.
I don''t need to lose much weight but I''d love to tone up. I used to go out a lot and just dancing kept me in great shape but now we hardly do that and I sit at my desk from 9-5.. Before I got engaged I was good with going to the gym straight after work but I don''t want to work out with my ring on and I don''t want to leave it in my locker at the gym so I come home after work and then it''s a bit hard to make myself leave home (especially in this freezing weather) to go to the gym. I guess I''m going to have to suck it up and stop being lazy :)
Just by eating less, I''ve been able to lose 3 lbs in the last week or two. It''s not hard for me to cut down on eating during the day. I only eat an apple and an orange at work but I''m an evening eater so I have to be careful during the night. Especially since my fiance loves me to have dinner with him. I know that sounds like very little during the day but I don''t feel hungry at all!!
I''m going to try to work out more and just try to be careful in the evenings.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha kama_s I just realized when I reread my post above to you that I put that you eat 12000 - 12 THOUSAND calories, hahahahahaha.... that made me laugh. Hehe, sorry.

I have a really slow metabolism too, so I have to be careful as well.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:12:07 AM
Author: katica
HI guys,
I don''t need to lose much weight but I''d love to tone up. I used to go out a lot and just dancing kept me in great shape but now we hardly do that and I sit at my desk from 9-5.. Before I got engaged I was good with going to the gym straight after work but I don''t want to work out with my ring on and I don''t want to leave it in my locker at the gym so I come home after work and then it''s a bit hard to make myself leave home (especially in this freezing weather) to go to the gym. I guess I''m going to have to suck it up and stop being lazy :)
Just by eating less, I''ve been able to lose 3 lbs in the last week or two. It''s not hard for me to cut down on eating during the day. I only eat an apple and an orange at work but I''m an evening eater so I have to be careful during the night. Especially since my fiance loves me to have dinner with him. I know that sounds like very little during the day but I don''t feel hungry at all!!
Welcome katica!! Happy to have another on board!!
35.gif

I tried eating less during the day, but I hated the bloated feeling I got whenever I went on a company lunch or the lack of energy when I would work out at night. I started eating Healthy Choice meals, and they are great and very light. We have alot in common... if I go home before working out, I never make it to the gym... and I am a horrible snacker in the evening. I''ve gotten better and now keep lots of grapes in the fridge for any hunger attacks after dinner.
Congratulations on the 3 lb loss!!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:20:43 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 3/13/2009 10:12:07 AM
Author: katica
HI guys,
Welcome katica!! Happy to have another on board!!
35.gif

I tried eating less during the day, but I hated the bloated feeling I got whenever I went on a company lunch or the lack of energy when I would work out at night. I started eating Healthy Choice meals, and they are great and very light. We have alot in common... if I go home before working out, I never make it to the gym... and I am a horrible snacker in the evening. I''ve gotten better and now keep lots of grapes in the fridge for any hunger attacks after dinner.
Congratulations on the 3 lb loss!!
Thanks Meresal!
Wow we do have a lot in common :) I hate that bloated feeling too. I think since I''ve started eating smaller meals I realize just how bloated and uncomfortable I used to be after eating a big lunch/dinner. I like this lighter feeling so much more. Another reason it''s hard for me to go to the gym in the evenings is because I do almost all the cooking at our place and my fiance loves my cooking so I hate telling him to grab something on his way home. I''ve stopped having dinner with him, or I''ll have salad instead of the yummy casseroles and stuffed pastries/vegetables I cook for him. It''s weird spending an hour or more cooking and then not having any (other than a bite or two). I''ll try the healthy choice meals you mentioned. Thanks!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow! This thread made it all the way to the THIRD PAGE just now! I had to do some hunting. I suppose we all had a light weekend in the exercise department?
3.gif
I know I did.

I just wanted to share that I saw an ad for a new workout DVD that made me giggle. Its called FlirtyGirl Fitness or something like that. Basically its a DVD of stripper-like dance moves to tone up your core and thighs. Actually looks sort of fun, as much as I hate to admit it.
40.gif
I bet FI would love to watch me doing that workout!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Claritek,

I saw that ad too! It came on when I was watching Rock of Love, my guilty pleasure. Go figure, with the demographics of that show that a commercial like that would come on.

I thought it looked fun! I''m very modest when it comes to bedroom stuff, so maybe that would make me more "uninhibited"??? I would have to do it all alone with no chance of FI coming home early. I would be so embarrassed!

On another note, one of my bridesmaids threw out the suggestion of going to a belly dancing or even a stripper workout class as part of my bachelorette party! If you guys knew me, you''d be laughing bc it is NOT me at all! I kind of like the idea of doing all of that with all of my friends, but I bet it won''t pan out. It would be a good laugh though!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies! I have been MIA from this thread for a few weeks but luckily not from the gym :) I have been really trying to mix it up with classes, working out with my trainer, lifting on my own, and sticking to 4-5 days/week. I think the motivation from my upcoming fitting (3/26) is working because I have lost 2 lbs and based on the way my clothes are fitting I think I have lost inches too... guess I will see next week. The other fun thing is that FI and I have been really trying to cook healthy meals together which is working for both of us because he has lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks- lucky men! Anyway, things are going well and now that we are in the home stretch of less than 2.5 months til the big day the motivation has really kicked in!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone - I want to join too!!!! :) My wedding is in Oct and I''d like to loose at least 15!

The only problem is, last Oct I was in a car accident, severe bulging disk in lower back, and severely strained sacriliac joint (this is what hurts the most.) so bending and pivoting is waaaaaaaaaaay out. I''ve been doing the stuff on Wii fit and I''m good except for the hola hoops! LOL! I went from gym 2x a week and doing into on my own 2x a week to NOTHING with the accident. Not sure how to get moving again.

So basically I''m all for ideas, and on here for motivation!! go us! lol

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:01:10 PM
Wow! This thread made it all the way to the THIRD PAGE just now! I had to do some hunting. I suppose we all had a light weekend in the exercise department?
3.gif
I know I did.

I just wanted to share that I saw an ad for a new workout DVD that made me giggle. Its called FlirtyGirl Fitness or something like that. Basically its a DVD of stripper-like dance moves to tone up your core and thighs. Actually looks sort of fun, as much as I hate to admit it.
40.gif
Yes, I have been L-A-Z-Y.

Haha I think I''ve seen that DVD infomercial too.

I''m considering giving up my gym membership and putting $35 back in my pocket every month. Then just running outside every day like I used to, and doing weights at home. I watched the infomercial for P90X this weekend and was impressed again, as I always am, haha. FI used to have it and said it was really good, but the workouts were over an hour each. And that thing is EXPENSIVE too!! Whew. I just gotta find something to motivate me and get me in the groove.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:23:06 PM

3.gif
I know I did.

40.gif

I''m considering giving up my gym membership and putting $35 back in my pocket every month. Then just running outside every day like I used to, and doing weights at home. I watched the infomercial for P90X this weekend and was impressed again, as I always am, haha. FI used to have it and said it was really good, but the workouts were over an hour each. And that thing is EXPENSIVE too!! Whew. I just gotta find something to motivate me and get me in the groove.

I''ve been L-A-Z-Y, too!! Came home from class Friday night with a fever of 100.3! Went straight to bed and slept through till Saturday, then was in a total funk. Had a weird low-grade temp all day, so no workouts.

By Sunday I felt much better, and spent the day walking around town for the St. Pat''s celebrations! Of course, I think the Guiness canceled out any calorie burnage!

Oh, well, back on the wagon this week!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 7:23:06 PM

3.gif
I know I did.

40.gif

Yeah, not so much activity this weekend, but instead of LAZY, I was not conformist b/c it was my bachelorette weekend! I guess I worked out it shaking my bon bon for a few hours counts...
9.gif

But, the good news from the weekend is that when I went to show my girl my dress, it fit, YEAH!!! I also scheduled my official first and second fitting, so I need to make sure I keep up the hard work in the coming weeks. My first fitting is March 31st and then I will have my second fitting on or around May 5th.

One little hick-up in my exercise plan is that with the running and other activities, I have managed to mess up my always annoying knee. While I have already had surgury, now have custom orthodics, and try not to be too harsh on it, sometimes it doesn''t want to participate. So, I will go the Dr. manana to check on it and make sure I didn''t do anything new to it. Please cross your fingers for me though, b/c I have a 10-miler in 3 weeks that I would really like to run
2.gif

AMS0124: How is the P90X going? Wasn''t the yoga killer?

Keep up the good work ladies!
36.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:00:05 PM
Author: leeNY

I''ve been L-A-Z-Y, too!! Came home from class Friday night with a fever of 100.3! Went straight to bed and slept through till Saturday, then was in a total funk. Had a weird low-grade temp all day, so no workouts.

By Sunday I felt much better, and spent the day walking around town for the St. Pat''s celebrations! Of course, I think the Guiness canceled out any calorie burnage!

Oh, well, back on the wagon this week!
Yuck! I had that a few months ago - kicked me out of exercising for a few weeks. I felt so gross. Glad you''re starting to feel better!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:43:11 AM
Author: dcgator

Yeah, not so much activity this weekend, but instead of LAZY, I was not conformist b/c it was my bachelorette weekend! I guess I worked out it shaking my bon bon for a few hours counts...
9.gif

But, the good news from the weekend is that when I went to show my girl my dress, it fit, YEAH!!! I also scheduled my official first and second fitting, so I need to make sure I keep up the hard work in the coming weeks. My first fitting is March 31st and then I will have my second fitting on or around May 5th.

One little hick-up in my exercise plan is that with the running and other activities, I have managed to mess up my always annoying knee. While I have already had surgury, now have custom orthodics, and try not to be too harsh on it, sometimes it doesn''t want to participate. So, I will go the Dr. manana to check on it and make sure I didn''t do anything new to it. Please cross your fingers for me though, b/c I have a 10-miler in 3 weeks that I would really like to run
2.gif

AMS0124: How is the P90X going? Wasn''t the yoga killer?

Keep up the good work ladies!
36.gif
Glad your dress fitting went so well!! Good job!!
36.gif

FI has a bad knee and problems with his foot too - it seems like every time he gets in the groove with exercising, his problems pop up again - his foot is killing him this week, and he was on a roll. Hopefully it''ll heal up soon! I hope yours is ok!

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! I am not engaged yet (will be soon!!!), but am in serious need of losing 15-20 pounds. I want to be down 20 pounds by our wedding, which is looking like next summer! So, I bought the 30 Day Shred DVD last night, and plan on doing my first workout tonight. I feel like I''m pretty active and eat relatively healthy. I used to take Power Yoga twice as week for an hour and 15 mins. each day. Now I''m down to 1 day a week of yoga, because of grad class. I teach Kindergarten, so I''m constantly running around all day!

I have one egg for breakfast, almonds or a granola bar for a morning snack, lunch consists of an apple, string cheese, carrots, yogurt, and another fresh fruit like strawberries or pineapple. Dinner is usually turkey tacos on whole wheat tortillas, grilled chicken wraps or salads, brown rice and veggies, etc.

However, I have stayed the same weight for the past several months! I''m hoping the 30-Day Shred will kick start a big change, and now with the weather getting nice in PA, I can finally go out for walks and hikes.

I haven''t tried to calculate how man calories I should be consuming for my body, but my boyfriend and I have calculated everything we do eat in a day, and I am falling close to 1200 calories, which I assume is a good number for me. If anyone has any tips for other foods/snacks that work for your, or dinner ideas that would be great! Thanks! :) Happy weight loss!
35.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
L-A-Z-Y here and very disappointed
7.gif

this week i slipped off the 30 day shred - i was doing so well - doing it every day.
the thing that stinks is that once i take a few days off from it, its harder to do that first time back. after about 3 days in a row its so much easier.

my problem is definitely stress eating. ive been snackity like crazy this past week - even today - i should be working out but im being lazy and eating crap instead. no wonder im not losing weight!

i was reading an article about how your serotonin levels drop when you are under stress and that your body actually craves food to get that serotonin rush. your brain actually sends out an order for carbs so that you can get those levels back....if thats true, how do we combat that? (other than having the willpower to just say no of course!)

cinnamongurl

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh man...the boyfriend and I just did our first workout with the 30 Day Shred...and boy was it a tough, but good workout. We were both drenched in sweat and had red faces! We both need to lose a serious amount of weight, so I''m hoping we can stick with this together and see results!

Tomorrow will be Day 2, and will be tough since I have grad class until 9pm. *boo*

How many days do you usually stay at each level? I have a feeling we''ll be at Level 1 for awhile. Thanks!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:24:01 PM
Author: cinnamongurl
Ohhh man...the boyfriend and I just did our first workout with the 30 Day Shred...and boy was it a tough, but good workout. We were both drenched in sweat and had red faces! We both need to lose a serious amount of weight, so I''m hoping we can stick with this together and see results!

Tomorrow will be Day 2, and will be tough since I have grad class until 9pm. *boo*

How many days do you usually stay at each level? I have a feeling we''ll be at Level 1 for awhile. Thanks!

Hi Cinnamongurl! Yeah, 30DS is no joke! I did my second day of level 2 today - whew! It''s really tough. I felt the exact same way you did after my first day, and by day 4 even noticed a huge difference in endurance. By the time I got to Day 10, I could do it pretty well, and it was not nearly as much of a challenge (wasn''t even sore at all the next day). So I bumped up to two and it is like starting all over again. I stayed 10 days at the first level, but I would say as soon as you are start feeling like it''s not as much of a challenge and you are doing all of the "advanced" versions you should move up!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I finally got back into the gym today with FI, now that he is home. I swam twice last week because I had a lot of other stuff going on. Now that we are moving up our wedding from next Spring to June 20th I have to make sure I am in the best shape possible for my first dress fitting that will be in the very end of May. Man, if that doesn''t motivate me along with my triathlon I don''t know what will!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
If you don''t mind ladies, I''d like to join this thread! I''ve been developing some bad eating habits over the past few months and have about 5-7 lbs to lose before I go for my first fitting sometime within the next month (the dress literally will NOT zip if I don''t lose a little). Today was the first day I actually committed to exercising and went for a decent run
9.gif
I have 30 Day Shred and am hoping to use it on the days that I''m not able to run outside. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results