shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
shimmer - let us know how the new snacks do for ya!

EmptyLeftHand - weight training is always good for you. It helps you build muscle, which in turn ups your metabolism, even at times you're not working out. So when you're sitting at your desk typing on here, you're burning more than you were with less muscle. Plus toning and strengthening muscles helps you feel better, have better posture, and be stronger. If you're looking for good ways to start out, just don't go crazy at first. You need to build your body up some and get some stamina. You can go out to the store and get some 2-3 lb weights and find a good introduction exercise video, if you like at home things. Or there are lots of good starting-out weight exercises everywhere online - just look for descriptions of basic arm exercises with weights such as bicep and tricep curls, and leg exercises such as lunges, leg lifts, etc. And remember to stretch.
1.gif
And if you're looking to get rid of a little flab like you said - cardio, cardio, cardio. Getting your heart pumping really trims you up - running outside, treadmills/elliptical machines, or even some cardio videos, if you like exercise videos. Like I said, just don't overwork yourself as you start out, especially with only 3 months to go - don't want to risk hurting yourself. Well, just my 2 cents
1.gif
- maybe some other people will have good starting-out suggestions too.

HH - congrats on your dress!! Sounds like you're in just the right predicament!!
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
To add to Luv''s benefits of weight lifting, it also helps women increase bone density which helps prevent osteoporosis. I look at my dad''s sisters and they really shrunk as they got old. They grew up back in the days that girls didn''t do anything and it was "ugly" for them to have muscle mass. I''m already short and the thought of getting shorter? No Thank YOU!!!

EmptyLeft, you can start with some light dumbbells that you can buy @ Target. Check out any exercises online, just google weight lifting exercises, or dumbbell exercises. Some quick and easy things off the top of my head: bicep curls, chest flys, shoulder presses, kickbacks. Basically just any movement with weights will help.

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
Hi Girls, I am new to this thread, but I wanted to say hi and hope to keep updated on it! I to am trying to get into shape for my October 10th wedding! I have lost about 15 pounds and want to lose another 10 pounds then I will be happy! I mainly want to get toned up, especially my arms! ;-) I have been going to the gym, but lately I have been way too busy to find time to go, so I have pulled out my Taebo tapes that I love and also my 30 day shred that I mix up. BUT... Fiance and I just decided to purchase the P90x workouts and they should be here any day now, has anyone tried those or heard of them? I don''t know how long he will keep up the workout, he is not one that likes to workout much, but I love working out so I am really excited!! Thanks for listening! :)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Im doing well, worked out tonight (monday) of course, i usually do Mon - Fri and take Sat/Sun off.
I have recently stopped my constant running (was doing 6.5 - 7 miles each day). now im doing weight training each day and ONLY 15-20 min of cardio max.
I have been a cardio slave for 10+yrs, its time for a change. LOL
19.gif

how are you all doing? water water water. right?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Iluvstrawberries: I had yogurt, a banana and a few bites of granola for my morning snack and 1/2 a bowl of veggie soup in the afternoon...I feel so much better today!!! I actually have energy this evening, when usually I am a zombie! Thank you so much for your suggestions, you really helped me out here!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Jena17 - I know some people around here have talked about P90X in past BWW weight loss threads, specifically the March one I'm pretty sure. I know it's intense - maybe someone will chime in with experience about it. My FI used to do it, and it's seriously hard core.

shimmer - I'm glad that's working out for you!
36.gif
Haha I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a zombie! I haven't been working out lately and have felt the same way. Gonna get back into it today! Let us know if we can help any more, glad to.
1.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:19:53 PM
Author: Jena17
Hi Girls, I am new to this thread, but I wanted to say hi and hope to keep updated on it! I to am trying to get into shape for my October 10th wedding! I have lost about 15 pounds and want to lose another 10 pounds then I will be happy! I mainly want to get toned up, especially my arms! ;-) I have been going to the gym, but lately I have been way too busy to find time to go, so I have pulled out my Taebo tapes that I love and also my 30 day shred that I mix up. BUT... Fiance and I just decided to purchase the P90x workouts and they should be here any day now, has anyone tried those or heard of them? I don''t know how long he will keep up the workout, he is not one that likes to workout much, but I love working out so I am really excited!! Thanks for listening! :)
Jena and Strawberries: You are indeed right, we did talk a bit about P90X in March''s thread. My fiance bought it too. He really didn''t keep with the diet, but did keep up with the dvd''s for about 2 weeks. I tried some of the workouts too, and they were pretty good. I could feel the difference from the sessions I did. However, I think my FI got bored with it, plus he is into working out midday, so he has kinda shelved the P90X. I would say give it a go, it definitely can''t hurt. If you keep with it, please let me know the results!

Well, for me, the end of March was kinda a wash b/c I was dealing with hip and knee injuries. However, I stepped up the training the last week of March/beg. of April as I had a 10 mile run on Sunday (the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler, for those in the area). Although I was hurting a bit still from injuries and I had to go a bit slower than I would have liked, I did finish in 1 hour and 51 minutes (about an 11-minute mile, ah...) so I am back on track now!

I have my first fitting on Wednesday, so we shall see just how well I am doing. On a happier note, when I weighed myself at the gym last week I had lost a VERY stubborn two pounds, and was down to 146. I wanted to be sub 145, so please cross your fingers for me
9.gif

Thanks for the support ladies!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I just love this thread. Everyone is so helpful and supportive! Welcome to the newbies and welcome back for another month to the rest!

Alright, everyone, I, too, had a bad end of March. School and work got CRAZY, and I fell of the 30 day shred wagon. So sad.

School is done in a mere two weeks, and I am really going to focus on this stuff, but for now I''m just going to fit in 30DS when I get a chance, and finish writing my capstone and finish other final projects!

I had my "wellness assessment" at work today, and they weighed me, took my measurements, cholesterol, etc. B/P and cholesterol are in great shape! Of course, my BMI is 28.1, so they recommended I lose at least 18 pounds to put it under 25. Meh. It may happen if I really start to work out, but I''m not going to stress about it, just focusing on eating well and moving!

Also, my bday is today, so I indulged in some yummy cupcakes made for me by a co-worker! Yummy!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, LeeNY!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:32:29 PM
Author: leeNY
I just love this thread. Everyone is so helpful and supportive! Welcome to the newbies and welcome back for another month to the rest!

Alright, everyone, I, too, had a bad end of March. School and work got CRAZY, and I fell of the 30 day shred wagon. So sad.

School is done in a mere two weeks, and I am really going to focus on this stuff, but for now I''m just going to fit in 30DS when I get a chance, and finish writing my capstone and finish other final projects!

I had my ''wellness assessment'' at work today, and they weighed me, took my measurements, cholesterol, etc. B/P and cholesterol are in great shape! Of course, my BMI is 28.1, so they recommended I lose at least 18 pounds to put it under 25. Meh. It may happen if I really start to work out, but I''m not going to stress about it, just focusing on eating well and moving!

Also, my bday is today, so I indulged in some yummy cupcakes made for me by a co-worker! Yummy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE!!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:19:53 PM
Author: Jena17
My sister has the P90x dvds and although I haven''t tried them I have watched a video while sitting like a slob on her couch (it was the chest and back one with alternating push-up and pull-up activities)! My sister really likes them...she says they''re extremely challenging and she is feeling the benefits, but her one complaint is that the workouts are LONG; they''re 45 minutes - 1 hour each and it''s quite a bit of time to be working out in front of your TV. The owners of the gym I go to said that P90x is a good at-home workout because of the whole ''muscle confusion'' theory. Good luck with it!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am so excited! I had my first fitting again y''day and the dress fits PERFECTLY. When I went in last time, it fit but was too tght across the hips and so it wouldnt sit properly. The seamstress said she cant take it out because of the fabric and I was sooo sad.

BUT, it''s all good now! It sits perfectly, doesnt need to be taken out at all! Woohoo!

And for anyone who''s becoming disappointed - get this: I haven''t lost any weight at all - just inches!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic Kama, congrats!!!
36.gif

I lost a pound yesterday, woohoo!!
10.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the bday wishes, ladies!! You are so sweet!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha I just had a thought and wondered where this thread had gone... apparently it got buried many pages deep, hehe.
3.gif
No posts in 2 weeks.

Looks like yall have had just about as busy an April as I have?

I've been super busy with other things, except not so much with exercising.
20.gif
I have been eating well though. Keeping to the same pattern/diet I've been doing for months and months now. Being a creature of habit helps that a lot.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I hit a wall. For some reason I''ve just been exhausted lately! And being exhausted coming home from work = no excercise.
14.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:03:10 PM
Author: sunnyd
I hit a wall. For some reason I''ve just been exhausted lately! And being exhausted coming home from work = no excercise.
14.gif
Same here!!!
14.gif
38.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:23:45 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

14.gif
Same here!!!
14.gif
38.gif
An exhaustion epidemic!
24.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:45:32 PM

Date: 4/23/2009 4:23:45 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

14.gif
Same here!!!
14.gif
38.gif
An exhaustion epidemic!
24.gif
Haha. A. MEN. I''ve been sitting at home exhausted for a few hours now.
14.gif
24.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, at least it isn''t just me! I haven''t worked out all week...and only twice last week
7.gif
I''ve been so tired, the alarm goes off and I fall back asleep until I HAVE to get up. But I cut back on soda! I''ve been drinking Crystal Light flavored water all this week
9.gif

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
I took your advice Luv - mostly! I have been doing a bit of weight training and aerobic exercise by stripping off more wallpaper, painting the ceiling and walls of my new bedroom and digging the garden. Flipping knackered but 3lb lighter and sleeping like a baby.

If any of you are on the UK side of the atlantic and fancy joining in this house-decorating-boot-camp-hell you are very welcome.

Anyone else getting on ok?

x

meresal

Ideal_Rock
**PSA: Saving what you have typed doesn''t help if your company''s server crashes!!!**
11.gif

Anyway, in much less words, I was going to say...
I have been doing crappy, and I am back up to my initial weight of 141lb
39.gif
. I did join a gym again, and my first boot camp class is tonight. I''ll be sure to update on how it goes.

I have friended the girlfriend of FI''s usher, and we have committed to at least 2 classes a week, not including the "30 minute Ab Blast" after each class. I''m hoping to shed at least a lb or two by this weekend. I got these awesome white pants for my bridal shower on Saturday, and flabby doesn''t look good in white
14.gif

I''m also going to start doing pushups and tricep dips in the morning and before I go to bed. A little toning here and there never hurt anybody
4.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 9:58:51 AM
Author: Missy0483
Ok, at least it isn''t just me! I haven''t worked out all week...and only twice last week
7.gif
I''ve been so tired, the alarm goes off and I fall back asleep until I HAVE to get up. But I cut back on soda! I''ve been drinking Crystal Light flavored water all this week
9.gif
That''s my favorite thing to drink! I''m addicted to the peach tea.

Sooo I need a change in diet.
14.gif
Anyone have good recipes for high protein/low fat/carb/sodium meals? Is there a protein injection I can just get and not worry about eating ever?!?!

I did a minorly dumb thing and bought a dress that''s 2 sizes too small to wear to a wedding in June. It fits, but not quite right, and at present, I can''t wear a bra with it because it won''t fit underneath without looking ridiculous. Crap! This is the shape, but different colors.

AAAAAhr936sAAAAAAO4qVg.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 4:13:00 PM

7.gif
9.gif

14.gif
Anyone have good recipes for high protein/low fat/carb/sodium meals? Is there a protein injection I can just get and not worry about eating ever?!?!

I did a minorly dumb thing and bought a dress that''s 2 sizes too small to wear to a wedding in June. It fits, but not quite right, and at present, I can''t wear a bra with it because it won''t fit underneath without looking ridiculous. Crap! This is the shape, but different colors.
I agree with the protein injection...I want one too! Eating is no fun! It''s like a vicious circle...the only time I like eating is when it''s bad for me...I enjoy it at first and then I''m mad at myself! haha. I wish I could go back 3 years ago and 20 pounds lighter and start all over again!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 4:13:00 PM

7.gif
9.gif

14.gif

Hahaha... I always think of doing a similar minorly dumb thing, but with a bikini, not a dress. And an expensive bikini, too.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t know what kind of sign this is, but the instructor who apparently NEVER misses, didn''t show up for our boot camp class on Tuesday night.
15.gif

It was about 5:45, so when I came out of the aerobics room EVERY sinlge treadmill or elipitical was being used, and I did 20 grueling minutes on a stair master, and called it a day. We''re in the playoffs for softball, so we had two games last night, which we won, and another possible 2 tonight. I don''t think we will do very well tonight, because 3 of the guys are leaving in about 3 hours for FI''s Bachelor Party weekend in Vegas. It would be nice if we do well, but the team we play first is incredibly good.

Doesn''t bother me if we lose though, because that means I get a whole Thursday night with the TV and no FI to interrupt my stories.
36.gif

I hope everyone is having a good week!! Any big plans for this weekend ladies??

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My plans include laying the smackdown on myself and having a good workout both days and stop eating garbage. I have some bathing suit wearing to do in 1 month. Yikes!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Man, 3-4 months ago, my plans were to get on a roll and have a killer body for the summer. Haha, and now... I''m exactly where I was. Love it...

FI and I are starting May 1 (tomorrow) with a good routine, and we''re going to stick to it. I''m so tired of this back and forth - I have good motivation now.

It''s so hard to motivate myself to go to the gym when I get home from work. So I''m going to go home and download some good songs for my mp3 player, and get outside like I used to do. I used to come straight home from work, not even sit down, change, and head outside to run, then come back and do weights/etc. That was my best summer ever when I did that consistently - EVERY DAY!! So my plan is to try that (even though I live somewhere different now) - get my butt outside and do it. Then use the gym on the weekends or days when it''s raining or something.

As for weekend plans, I''m gonna be cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!! (And start my new workouts, of course!
9.gif
)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 9:29:09 AM
Author: meresal
Well, I don't know what kind of sign this is, but the instructor who apparently NEVER misses, didn't show up for our boot camp class on Tuesday night.
15.gif

It was about 5:45, so when I came out of the aerobics room EVERY sinlge treadmill or elipitical was being used, and I did 20 grueling minutes on a stair master, and called it a day. We're in the playoffs for softball, so we had two games last night, which we won, and another possible 2 tonight. I don't think we will do very well tonight, because 3 of the guys are leaving in about 3 hours for FI's Bachelor Party weekend in Vegas. It would be nice if we do well, but the team we play first is incredibly good.

Doesn't bother me if we lose though, because that means I get a whole Thursday night with the TV and no FI to interrupt my stories.
36.gif

I hope everyone is having a good week!! Any big plans for this weekend ladies??
Yuck on stairmasters!!
14.gif
I'm interested to hear how the class goes if your instructor shows up next time. I used to like the gym classes when the one I went to at college offered them. Mine now doesn't.

Yay for TV to yourself, hehe!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results