shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: 2/15-2/21

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
New week ladies!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and Valentine''s Day!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Well, just finished day 7. Mjso, I''m trying to keep up!!
2.gif

Instead of going up to Level 2, I decided to follow Natalie(girl in red) the entire time. I noticed that I hadn''t done this yet. It was good and I definitely feel it in my legs more than I have previously.

I also need to work on my diet. I "snack" alot on unhealthy things, so I''m going to go to the market today to get lots of fruit for the week. Grapes, and oranges are much healthier than a handful of chips.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 4:30:49 PM
Author: meresal
Well, just finished day 7. Mjso, I''m trying to keep up!!
2.gif

Instead of going up to Level 2, I decided to follow Natalie(girl in red) the entire time. I noticed that I hadn''t done this yet. It was good and I definitely feel it in my legs more than I have previously.

I also need to work on my diet. I ''snack'' alot on unhealthy things, so I''m going to go to the market today to get lots of fruit for the week. Grapes, and oranges are much healthier than a handful of chips.
Woo Hoo! Good job completing day 7 - that''s one week! I really like to demark my time into different segments, since sometimes it just sound better in other ways - 7 days, 1 week, 1/4 of a month, etc.

Just finished day 9 - I can''t believe I only have one more day of level 1 left.

I have almost the opposite problem of you in regards to eating. I almost NEVER snack. But I have a hard time keeping my meal portions under control. I generally only eat twice a day, lunch and dinner. But I''ve been trying to force myself to eat breakfast too, since it is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. Gapes and Oranges are really good snack foods...not a lot of prep needed and not a lot of garbage created!

30 day shred - Day 9 - Level 1

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I was a lazy lump last week. No gym on Monday. 30 Day Shred only on Tuesday and Wednesday. Nothing Thursday-Sunday. This week will be different because my paper is done and FI is home and he is good at motivating me to go to the gym.

I didn''t eat too horribly though so I think I still broke even. I tend to eat a lot less when FI is gone. He always wants a full dinner but I''m more likely to have a bowl of soup and call it a night.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock

Happy Monday everyone!

I slacked on Jillian this weekend but went for 2 short runs.
Wow and congrats to meresal & mjso! Why do I find it harder to do that 20 minute workout on the weekends with so much extra time?
25.gif

I''m a big snacker too. I keep chips and salsa around all the time for my crunchy cravings and I pop my own popcorn all the time (no butter, little salt) its so yummy and filling!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone! i have about 15 lbs to go (ideally) before the wedding, but i would mainly like to shape up my legs and upper back for my strapless dress.

ok...so maybe i''d like to get rid of a lot of my hips and some butt, too...and add some boobs...but i''m not going to push it that far! :)

have you guys been doing the 30 day shred every day or alternate days?
my legs sure were sore after day 1 and i was wondering if its ok to do it again the next day if i am sore.

have a great week everyone!
i am a huge snacker, too....had to not buy crackers last time i was at the store...i figured if it wasnt in the house i couldnt eat it! i also had to stop buying things like luna bars!

what are your healthy snack choices?
mine now are:
fruit
cooked green beans
carrots and cucumbers
handful of almonds
lowfat cheese stick
jello sugar free pudding or jello
apple slices
kashi mighty bites cereal

if only i could stop drinking wine and beer for a bit....thats my next goal

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey all. I did a video yesterday, Abs, Upper Body and Lower Body of Steel. OMG it was so funny! It''s totally 80s style, the instructor was wearing one of those thong underwear things with a belt. At one point she said ''ladies you won''t need those shoulder pads in your jackets anymore because yours will be so nice...'' Hahaha!!! I did 2 15 minute workouts with 5lb weights and only my neck is sore. I don''t know if I need to kick it up more, jump on the 30DS train or what.
37.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 3:31:44 PM
Author: sunnyd
Hey all. I did a video yesterday, Abs, Upper Body and Lower Body of Steel. OMG it was so funny! It's totally 80s style, the instructor was wearing one of those thong underwear things with a belt. At one point she said 'ladies you won't need those shoulder pads in your jackets anymore because yours will be so nice...' Hahaha!!! I did 2 15 minute workouts with 5lb weights and only my neck is sore. I don't know if I need to kick it up more, jump on the 30DS train or what.
37.gif
AHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFL!!!

DMB: I have been trying to do 30-day shred everyday. I have yet to be sore the following day yet. I started without weights, so that I wouldn't be sore the first few days. I then moved up to 3-lb weights, and still haven't been sore. If I find a day where I am really sore, then I think taking that day off would be fine. Otherwise maybe sticking to just a cardio workout would be good that day.
For good snack foods, I am trying lots of fruit. It has a bunch of water in them as well. I love heating up cut green beans, and I also like a handful on edamame if I'm feeling hungry. I also got these sugar free things called "Freezers", they're good too.

Stop drinking wine and beer?!?!? I don't have the strength.
18.gif

Daily update: Happy President's Day!! I had the day off, so I did my workout this morning, and then went with FMIL to look at the charter boat we are going to use for my bridal shower!!!
30.gif
Great day!! Hope everyone else has had a good one.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Yay for having days off! I <3 3 day weekends.

Just finished day 10!!! Done with Level 1 (unless I try level 2 and think I'm going to die). It was really cool listening to the end when she says "You have just finished Level 1 of the 30 day shred...blah, blah" and knowing I am finished with it (for this cycle at least!).

My endurance is definitely much, much better. But man, my shins really hurt today. I think it is because they got a lot less rest this weekend than usual. On a normal week I am at work, in my office, at my desk for about 8 hours of the day, plus driving 45 minutes each way for my commute. That's all "shin resting" time. But on the weekend, I'm on my feet a lot more.

FI and I went to the cheesecake factory last night for V-day dinner (we wanted to avoid crowds on the actual day of valentine's). I got a fairly healthy chicken dish and only ate half of it, so I felt pretty good about that. But we got a slice of cheesecake to go, which we shared today.

I also made homemade dill pickles today - which are one of my favorite sort of healthy snack foods. They are high in sodium, but satisfy my salty cravings while having not that many calories.

DMB - I do it every day. I was really sore the first couple of days, but I fought through it. I am no fitness or excercise buff so I wouild say you have to feel how your body is reacting. If you think you are going to hurt yourself if you do it two days in a row, then rest a day in between. You will still see results, I think it will just take your body longer to adjust to the new regimen. As far as alcohol goes, that one is rough for me too! I try to stick with Vodka and Club Soda if I'm going to be drinking because the club soda has no calories. I used to drink Vodka and 7up so I feel like this is a good compromise.

Sunny - that video sounds hilarious!!! FI and I were just watching some movie and there were women in typical 80's jackets with huge shoulder pads and it had me cracking up. When you say your neck is sore - do you mean the muscle that kind of connects your shoulder to your neck? I get worried about sore neck stuff because that usually means I wasn't using the right muscle for the exercise, but since you said you were doing shoulders, I'm guessing its probably that muscle?

Meresal - Good job on finishing day 8!! Wedding traditions around the country are so interesting. In the area where I grew up brides aren't included in or aware of their bridal shower at all! They are always "surprises". I say "suprise" because usually everyone knows they are going to have one, they just don't know where or when or any of the details. When my mom married my dad, it was the same way, except the area that my dad is from, the bride is involved. So my mom was talking to her FMIL (my grandmother) and asking about RSVPs from that side of the family. My GM says "well just wait to see who shows up at the shower" and my mom says "...well I don't even know if I'm having a shower" (all confused because she wasn't aware that in my dad's neck of the woods showing up to the shower means you are coming to the wedding) GM - "Well I thought (my dad) said it was the (insert date of the shower)" My mom realizes that my grandmother just told her the date of her surprise shower and was all taken aback, didn't know what to say and just handed the phone to my dad
3.gif
Still a funny story to this day about 33 years later!

30 day shred - Day 10 - (Last day of!) Level 1

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
msjo, I think it''s the muscle, not the neck. It''s not sore anymore, so that''s good!
1.gif

I picked up cold #4 for the season yesterday and have been eating like a cow because it makes my throat feel better. Send me some feel better vibes please!
14.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:48:30 PM
Author: sunnyd
msjo, I think it''s the muscle, not the neck. It''s not sore anymore, so that''s good!
1.gif

I picked up cold #4 for the season yesterday and have been eating like a cow because it makes my throat feel better. Send me some feel better vibes please!
14.gif

Hope you feel better soon!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Well, no 30-day shred for me today, but Chris and I started our softball league. We had a double header and won both games!! Unfortunately it was raining, so I didn''t get to really break a sweat, but a couple times around the bases can''t be all that bad.

How is everyone else doing this week? Better than last?

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your wins, Meresal!

I did my first day of Level 2 today. Wow, it is waaaaaay different than Level 1. I like the fact that it seems to be a little less impact-ful on my shins, so maybe they will have time to recover (I have a feeling I''m going to be doing the beginner variations for a few days!)

I need to remember to bring my lunch to work tomorrow. I went out to eat with coworkers today since I didn''t have a lunch. I had a half sandwich and soup, not terrible, but not great either.

30 Day Shred - Day 11 - Level 2

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
sunnyd - Hope you feel better!

meresal - Congrats on the wins! Joining a league together sounds like so much fun and a great way to exercise together. I go to the gym with FI and he says he''s training me to look like Arnold LOL

mjso - You are a machine! I actually like L2 better (mostly because of the pushups being easier)
1.gif

I''ve been a slump the last two days - got home from work late and talked myself out of working out. Did watch biggest loser last night to see other people working out
20.gif
Wish me luck for getting back on track!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks y''all!! We love doing sporty things together. It''s nice to get out and be active in different things.

So morning after update... OWWWWWWWW!! I would love if I could detach my arms from my body and no longer feel the pain. I can''t lift my arms over my schoulder level. It''s horrible. Yes, I''m being a hug baby, but it hurts.
babba2.gif
I feel like the first time I played Wii. I had no idea the muscles I was using, just to bat and throw in a fake baseball game.

I''m going to do my 30-day shred when I get home, then head to Chris''s softball game. I have a feeling that today''s might be a painful one.

Mjso, I''m excited to get to level 2. What are the differences? What do you like better/worse?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
ITA with that Wii comment! I did Wii bowling for the first time a couple of years ago and felt like my arms were going to fall off for days afterwards! Not to mention the weird butt muscles I used in my follow through!

That pacifier sucking emotie just made me giggle! Too funny/cute.

I am going to the real gym today for the first time in a while. FI was sick this weekend and my mother was here so I didn''t make it in. The paper that was sucking the life/time out of me is done so I don''t have to worry about it anymore and therefore can''t use it as an excuse.

I discovered one thing... I really don''t like the idea of doing the 30 Day Shred with FI around! It just feels silly. I prefer to jump around in my living room without an audience.
5.gif

So here I go... off to the gym after an almost week-long absence! I''ll let you know how it goes!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Another day down.

Differences... let''s see... this one is by far harder on the arms, lots of plank position time. I like that a lot of the strength moves aren''t as impactful on my shins and I feel like the cardio is more creative, which I like. I am not a huge fan of the walkout pushups which are the first strength move in circuit 1. I am soooo slooooow with them, I feel like I can''t keep up with them in the video without falling over. My favorite move is probably the oblique twists, which is a cardio move in the second circuit. Its basically jump and twist - lots of fun! There are a lot of lunges in the second level also.

All in all, I think I like level 1 better, but maybe that''s because I''m so new to Level 2.

Clairitek - OMG I hate the fact that my FI is always around when I do it. He likes to watch and make comments about stuff. Then I''m always like "why don''t you do it!" and he says, "I''m trying to gain weight..."
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

30 Day Shred - Day 12 - Level 2

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 12:04:43 AM
Author: mjso
Another day down.

Differences... let''s see... this one is by far harder on the arms, lots of plank position time. I like that a lot of the strength moves aren''t as impactful on my shins and I feel like the cardio is more creative, which I like. I am not a huge fan of the walkout pushups which are the first strength move in circuit 1. I am soooo slooooow with them, I feel like I can''t keep up with them in the video without falling over. My favorite move is probably the oblique twists, which is a cardio move in the second circuit. Its basically jump and twist - lots of fun! There are a lot of lunges in the second level also.

All in all, I think I like level 1 better, but maybe that''s because I''m so new to Level 2.

Clairitek - OMG I hate the fact that my FI is always around when I do it. He likes to watch and make comments about stuff. Then I''m always like ''why don''t you do it!'' and he says, ''I''m trying to gain weight...''
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

My FI only weights SIX POUNDS more than I do right now! He has had a terrible cold all last week combined with some heart burn that hung around for a while so he is down below 150. He said he was so embarrassed to slide the scale down to a starting point of 100 pounds before sliding the 1 pound increment up. I laughed because whenever I weight myself I always slide everything back to the beginning so no one else has an idea of what I weight.
20.gif

I made FI go upstairs with his laptop and hang out in our bedroom so he couldn''t watch. Thankfully he easily obliged me.

Ugh... 30 Day Shred Day 3 completed.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
You girls are funny. I have never done it with FI at home... or awake at least. I try to finish before he comes home from work, and on Sunday''s I get up earlier than him, so I can be done and he doesn''t see me.
16.gif

SO... update... I tried to start my 30-day shred yesterday, and almost burst into tears. I was still sore from softball, so I opted out and went to watch FI play on his mens league team.

Got up this morning, and it hurts as much as yesterday times 10!!!!
39.gif
I completely forgot that I am a "second day" burner. I can feel it in my legs, my abs, and all over my arms. I''m trying to stretch my arms about once every 30 minutes, and yes at my desk. I have a feeling I won''t be doing 30-day shred this afternoon since I can''t even carry my purse on my shoulder. Maybe I''ll try one of the all cardio videos today?

Mjso: You make level 2 sound so exciting... lol. I can''t wait!!
32.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:21:02 AM
Author: meresal
Thanks y''all!! We love doing sporty things together. It''s nice to get out and be active in different things.

So morning after update... OWWWWWWWW!! I would love if I could detach my arms from my body and no longer feel the pain. I can''t lift my arms over my schoulder level. It''s horrible. Yes, I''m being a hug baby, but it hurts.

Good for you Meresal! Sounds like you are making PROGRESS
36.gif

Overall, I''m super impressed with how everyone is sticking to their exercise goals. I think I''ve been on an off-on track. I made it to two dance classes last week (could barely move by sat) but haven''t been at all this week. Maybe a little bit of extra walking, I average 2 miles a day, but this isn''t new so it just maintains my weight. I feel like my posture is better, and my emotions are better getting up and out, but it''s a little soon for me to actually feel or see progress in my body.

A friend started jumping on a trampoline and lost a whole dress size. She is pushing me to try it. She swears that all she does it put on music and bounce around for a 10 minutes or so at a time. Anyone else do rebounding, either as a class or at home?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
what are your healthy snack choices?

Walnuts and pecans
dried wasabi peas
Water with lemon
Dark chocolate covered gogi berries (often mixed w. the nuts)
Greek yogurt
humus on flat bread

This ones a little strange but eh...Sheets of dried Nori. Not sure what it satisfies, but I like the texture. It is high in sodium though so I limit it to one sheet in a day, and it isn''t an every day thing.

I don''t usually have sweets in the house, but when I do I buy quality. It tends to be a bit better in terms of absence of fillers and more satisfying taste wise. I''d rather have the dark chocolate gogi berries than a snickers bar. One of my food splurges vs. cost effectiveness...I buy premixed greens. I just don''t eat as much salad if it isn''t ready and waiting for me.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:30:09 AM
Author: mayachel
A friend started jumping on a trampoline and lost a whole dress size. She is pushing me to try it. She swears that all she does it put on music and bounce around for a 10 minutes or so at a time. Anyone else do rebounding, either as a class or at home?

That sounds like something you could definitely do in front of the TV! Not to mention fun. I''ve never tried it but I''m going to put it on the list of things to consider... along with those pole dancing classes.
31.gif
31.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Healthy snacks-

White cheddar rice puffs from Trader Joes
goat cheese on Ryvita crackers
glass of skim milk
fruit (I have a huge bag of pears that need to be consumed... gonna get sick of those by the time they are gone)
Almonds

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am at 5 weeks from today until my 1st fitting. I have been good lately- working out 5x/week, eating realtively healthy and limiting the drinks when going out with friends! I am trying to eat less carbs and incorporate snacks like almonds, peanut butter and celery sticks, peanut butter and apples, blueberries, etc. into my diet. So far I have only lost 1/2 a pound but I am hopeful that things will pick up. I am definitely sore after my workouts with my trainer and after kickboxing class so something must be working....

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
2 days of 30 day shred and i am soooore. did it with 5 lb weights. i should have taken someone''s advice and started without weights! i guess its good to be sore. i took today and yesterday off because of the soreness, but is it ok to work through that and keep pushing or will that lead to injury?

hope everyone is having a good week!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am officially giving up on the 30 Day Shred. I just don''t think its doing anything for me. When I do it I do break a sweat and feel tired afterwards but the next day... nothing. Perhaps I need heavier weights (which stinks because I don''t feel like spend another $10 on weights) or to go straight up to Level 2 but I''m just not that in to it.
40.gif
Oh well

In other news I went to the gym tonight. I would only do 20 mins cardio because there were so many people there that they kept announcing on the PA system that when people are waiting there is a 20 minute limit. Though, I didn''t see the people next to me honoring that limit which was sort of annoying. After cardio I did assisted chin up (narrow and wide grip) and dips. 3 sets of each with progressively less assistance weight each set. I know I will feel that tomorrow. I never have really focused on my shoulders, back, and arms before but I figure with the dress that is what matters!

After that I did some leg lifts to work my lower abs.

I plan on going again in the morning or afternoon tomorrow and since FI and I don''t have any visitors this weekend we should be able to spend some quality time there on the weekend. I love doing that because then I get to do stuff like bench presses that I can''t do when he''s not there.

Oh yes! My gym is starting to offer a hip hop class once a week!!! I hope to go in two weeks when it starts.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:21:46 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 2/19/2009 12:04:43 AM
Author: mjso
Another day down.

Clairitek - OMG I hate the fact that my FI is always around when I do it. He likes to watch and make comments about stuff. Then I''m always like ''why don''t you do it!'' and he says, ''I''m trying to gain weight...''
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

My FI only weights SIX POUNDS more than I do right now! He has had a terrible cold all last week combined with some heart burn that hung around for a while so he is down below 150. He said he was so embarrassed to slide the scale down to a starting point of 100 pounds before sliding the 1 pound increment up. I laughed because whenever I weight myself I always slide everything back to the beginning so no one else has an idea of what I weight.
20.gif

I made FI go upstairs with his laptop and hang out in our bedroom so he couldn''t watch. Thankfully he easily obliged me.

Ugh... 30 Day Shred Day 3 completed.
LOL - my FI gets excited when he can break 150! His goal weight is 160, but in the 8 years I''ve known him the highest he''s ever weighed (when he was working out in college and eating at the dorm cafeteria so he could eat and lift as much as he wanted for basically free) was 153 and his "status quo" weight is 143.

Sorry to hear the 30 day shred isn''t doing it for you! Sounds like you get a good workout in at the gym anyway, so that''s probably the better route for you.

One more day of the 30 day shred down. Level 2 is getting a taaaad easier, but I feel like there is a way bigger difference between beginner and advanced on this level. I don''t think I''ll be doing everything Natalie is doing by day 20, but I think I''ll still move on to Level 3 just to see what its like. I''m thinking about getting up early tomorrow to weigh myself on the Wii Fit to see if I''ve made any progress, but I''m also a bit scared that there won''t be any movement!

30 Day Shred - Day 13 - Level 2

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
hey girls, so have you guys lost any wieght (Fat) on the 30 day shred or is it more of a toning thing?

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
I hate doing 30DS in front of FI too, he''s the class clown type and waaaay too distracting. He''ll do Richard Simmons moves next to me until he gets bored with it LOL

Well I''m finally back from my short workout hiatus (Mon, Tues, Wed did NOTHING). Last night I tried to make up for it with a run just under 3miles with FI - was freeeeeezing and windy - then came home to do 30DS. I slept like a baby last night
1.gif

mayachel - what kind of dance classes do you take? I danced for years and was thinking about going to the studio near my work to check out their adult classes.

Clairitek - Sorry 30DS isn''t working for you. I hate busy gyms, I wish I could build an at home gym...maybe down the road. Classes are fun though!

Lynny0780 - I did the 30DS pretty consistently in Nov/Dec and lost ~10lbs. I think it''ll do both weight loss and toning but I like paring it with other form of cardio a few days a week.

Good luck over the weekend ladies!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Just checking in. Haven''t done the video/running because I''m fasting--been too tired. Today I feel really good so I''m going to definitely do it after work.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results