shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: 2/15-2/21

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 7:58:24 PM
Author: leeNY
Now he keeps yelling at Jillian to shut up! So funny!
Thats what I was doing the 3 times I did the 30DS. Her facial expressions really made me want to either throw something at the TV or laugh. Especially during the static lunges.

Glad he did the 30DS and realized that it really isn''t a joke!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Swam 3/4 of a mile + 50 yards!

I''m really loving this swimming thing! Really clears my head.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 1:13:31 PM
Author: Clairitek
Swam 3/4 of a mile + 50 yards!

I'm really loving this swimming thing! Really clears my head.
I love being in water, BUT I....can't swim!! You know how people say that you can never forget how to ride a bike or forget how to swim? Yeah, well, not true. As a kid, I was an excellent swimmer and used to ride a bike everyday. And then I forgot BOTH! I had to re-learn how to ride a bike when I was around 14. Go figure.

I also knew how to skate as a kid....I did twists and what not. Forgot basic skating too. I guess I'm just weird!

On another note, ran for 30 minutes today and did 30 minutes of core. Off to buy weights today so I can start 30DS tomorrow!! AND I'm down 2lbs since last week!!!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:46:17 PM
Author: kama_s
On another note, ran for 30 minutes today and did 30 minutes of core. Off to buy weights today so I can start 30DS tomorrow!! AND I''m down 2lbs since last week!!!
36.gif
Thats so great! 2 lbs in a week is an excellent, healthy rate to lose weight. Did you run on the treadmill or outside? I LOATHE treadmills which is why the running portion of my triathlon training will be saved for warmer weather.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 2:09:44 PM

Thats so great! 2 lbs in a week is an excellent, healthy rate to lose weight. Did you run on the treadmill or outside? I LOATHE treadmills which is why the running portion of my triathlon training will be saved for warmer weather.
Yeah! I've also cut my portions by a teeny bit (I eat relatively healthy, so if I cut down anymore I'd be starving and I dont want to lose weight by starving myself!) - but I do let myself have little treats every now and then, like a glass of wine or a square of chocolate (both are MAJOR weakness for me!).

I run on the treadmill, since it's too icy outside to run outside at this time of the year. I switch it up between treadmill and running laps around the indoor track field. I actually dont mind running on the treadmill, since I can monitor my heart rate and my pace and adjust the incline etc to my liking. I find it much harder when I'm running outside to track my running...although it is LOT more fun running outside (especially since I live right at the harbour!)

I'm soooooo proud of you for doing the triathalon! You GO, girl!!
36.gif

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Man this week has been hard! I only did 30DS twice and ran once
FI and I finally bought a scale this week so we can track ourselves better. I know I shouldn''t compare with two different scales, but I''m down ~5 - 6lbs since the last time I weighed myself at my parents house (around xmas). So I''m using this as my starting point for bikini/wedding dress weight.

Clairitek - great job with your swimming!

kama_s - Congrats on the 2lbs

leeNY & shimmer - that''s awesome you got FI''s to do 30DS - I love yelling at Jillian esp at the end LOL. I have 2lb and 5lb weights & I switch them for certain exercises. I''ll use the 5lb for some things like biceps and squats etc, but use the 2lbs for my weaker areas like back and shoulders. Hoping to use 5 all the way in a few weeks. I can''t imagine 8!!
32.gif

Good luck this weekend - I have a bday to go to on Sat (all you can eat sushi/all you can drink) and a St.Patty''s parade Sun...it''s gonna be a tough one!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Kama_s, let us know how 30DS goes today! Have fun! I just finished Day 3 and am already feeling really great - energy levels are up for sure!

I am logging in with an exciting report! I regularly clean out my closet and get rid of things that don''t fit, I don''t wear anymore, etc. I HATE clutter and we share a very small closet, so I do this about 3-4 times a year. Well, I have this one pair of jeans that I got for Christmas in 2006 that I have hung on to. I bought them too small, and then I think I gained some weight, so they haven''t fit in forever! But they are really cute and kind of expensive, so I just kept them around.

This has been a REALLY busy/crazy semester for me, and I have been on the go non-stop for the last 8 weeks. I feel like I could have lost weight, so I tried them on out of curiosity. They FIT!! And fit well, they''re so cute!

So my body must be changing just due to an active lifestyle, etc. I am TOTALLY motivated to keep on keepin'' on with 30DS and healthy living and totally sculpt my body - woohoo!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
leeNY: Congrats on the jeans fitting, that''s awesome!!! I have a pair of R&R''s that I keep in my closet for "tracking" purposes. I got them for my birthday, (On Wednesday, Woohoo!!) in 2007 and they fit great. It was my "happy" weight. Now I know where I stand when they are too snug or a little loose.

Clairitek: You''re a machine in the pool!! In college, our coach used to do swimming to substitute outdoor running as our offseason workouts. It''s a great workout, and it''s really revitalizing. One thing I noticed though, was that I wasn''t drinking enough water, becuase my feet used to cramp up horribly from dehydration. Do you ever get that?

UPDATE: Well, first dress fitting is tomorrow night and engagement pics are on Monday. I weighed myself the other morning, and was down to 133, but I had a very small lunch and dinner the day before. So, at this point I''m guessing I''ve lost about 4 lbs since we started tracking a month ago!! C and I went shopping for e-pic clothing last night, and got some really great stuff. I got jeans in a size less that what I was previously wearing, and FI who can''t ever find jeans that fit, found a pair that look amazing
31.gif
!! I''m ordering 3 more pairs online next week.
12.gif

I fell off the DS30 wgaon for a little bit, but at the same time I really turned my eating habits around, so I think they have balanced eachother out, so far. Now, just to get them both on track at the same time... New short term goal, since my old one ends tomorrow!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luvbug: Yay for dropping some lbs! Let that be your inspiration! And be strong this weekend, think of how long you'll need to work out to get rid of every thing you put in your mouth. The other day we were at someone's house for dinner, and we had pecan butter tarts for dessert. I had half the tart, and then thought I'd need to run atleast 20min to burn the whole tart off. Kinda made me lose my apetite for the rest of the tart! I made myself run an extra 10min for half that tart!!

LeeNY: YAY! They fit! How wonderful!

I did my first day of the 30DS today with 4lb weights each. The workout is good, but I didn't feel it was enough. Usually when I do core, I do atleast 45 min...so 20 was a bit too short for me. I was sweating, but definitely not at the cant-do-this-anymore point. Has anyone tried doing the same routine twice, back-to-back? I dont feel like running today (my back is sore), but I guess I could run for 30 minutes and then do 20min of 30DS everyday?

ETA: Meresal, you posted your message just a mere seconds before me, so I didnt see it when I posted...butttttt....way to go on the 4lbs!! Your treat was a sexay pair of jeans (or should I say, FOUR pairs of jeans
31.gif
).

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 1:43:26 PM
Author: meresal
leeNY: Congrats on the jeans fitting, that''s awesome!!! I have a pair of R&R''s that I keep in my closet for ''tracking'' purposes. I got them for my birthday, (On Wednesday, Woohoo!!) in 2007 and they fit great. It was my ''happy'' weight. Now I know where I stand when they are too snug or a little loose.

Clairitek: You''re a machine in the pool!! In college, our coach used to do swimming to substitute outdoor running as our offseason workouts. It''s a great workout, and it''s really revitalizing. One thing I noticed though, was that I wasn''t drinking enough water, becuase my feet used to cramp up horribly from dehydration. Do you ever get that?

UPDATE: Well, first dress fitting is tomorrow night and engagement pics are on Monday. I weighed myself the other morning, and was down to 133, but I had a very small lunch and dinner the day before. So, at this point I''m guessing I''ve lost about 4 lbs since we started tracking a month ago!! C and I went shopping for e-pic clothing last night, and got some really great stuff. I got jeans in a size less that what I was previously wearing, and FI who can''t ever find jeans that fit, found a pair that look amazing
31.gif
!! I''m ordering 3 more pairs online next week.
12.gif

I fell off the DS30 wgaon for a little bit, but at the same time I really turned my eating habits around, so I think they have balanced eachother out, so far. Now, just to get them both on track at the same time... New short term goal, since my old one ends tomorrow!!

Thanks for the congrats - always feels good!

So exciting about your new e-pics clothes! Woohoo! You''ll have to report back and let us know how the experience is!

Good luck on your new short term goal!

Kama, you are a machine! Maybe try moving right up to level 2 or increasing the weights on level 1?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:59:53 PM
Kama_s, let us know how 30DS goes today! Have fun! I just finished Day 3 and am already feeling really great - energy levels are up for sure!

I am logging in with an exciting report! I regularly clean out my closet and get rid of things that don''t fit, I don''t wear anymore, etc. I HATE clutter and we share a very small closet, so I do this about 3-4 times a year. Well, I have this one pair of jeans that I got for Christmas in 2006 that I have hung on to. I bought them too small, and then I think I gained some weight, so they haven''t fit in forever! But they are really cute and kind of expensive, so I just kept them around.

This has been a REALLY busy/crazy semester for me, and I have been on the go non-stop for the last 8 weeks. I feel like I could have lost weight, so I tried them on out of curiosity. They FIT!! And fit well, they''re so cute!

So my body must be changing just due to an active lifestyle, etc. I am TOTALLY motivated to keep on keepin'' on with 30DS and healthy living and totally sculpt my body - woohoo!
I somehow skipped over this post at first! Thats awesome on the jeans! Ever watch SATC? This post reminds of me when Miranda realizes that thanks to her busy lifestyle and constantly doting on her infant son she lost enough weight to fit into her skinny jeans that she hadn''t fit into in years. I am so happy for you! I have a few pairs like that too from two years ago. I always tell FI that if I can fit into those jeans again I will be a happy camper.

I swam again today. Only 1/2 a mile because I was pretty sore from my 3/4 mile yesterday. I am hoping that by Monday I will have my new bathing suits. I feel slightly ridiculous wearing a flowery, semi-cleavagy bikini in the pool when everyone else is in sensible one piece suits!

I have my own good news today as well. I think that I have finally begun to lose weight. There are two scales the gym. One (that is a balance scale) said I am 136-137. The other (digital read out) said that I am 141. I started at 142 so I am going to take the difference and figure I am around 139 aka a weight loss of 3 lbs. My friend who goes to school here thinks that the digital scale is a little off so that validates my assumption enough for my taste. Wooo!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:32:07 PM
Date: 2/27/2009 12:59:53 PM

I somehow skipped over this post at first! Thats awesome on the jeans! Ever watch SATC? This post reminds of me when Miranda realizes that thanks to her busy lifestyle and constantly doting on her infant son she lost enough weight to fit into her skinny jeans that she hadn''t fit into in years. I am so happy for you! I have a few pairs like that too from two years ago. I always tell FI that if I can fit into those jeans again I will be a happy camper.

I swam again today. Only 1/2 a mile because I was pretty sore from my 3/4 mile yesterday. I am hoping that by Monday I will have my new bathing suits. I feel slightly ridiculous wearing a flowery, semi-cleavagy bikini in the pool when everyone else is in sensible one piece suits!

I have my own good news today as well. I think that I have finally begun to lose weight. There are two scales the gym. One (that is a balance scale) said I am 136-137. The other (digital read out) said that I am 141. I started at 142 so I am going to take the difference and figure I am around 139 aka a weight loss of 3 lbs. My friend who goes to school here thinks that the digital scale is a little off so that validates my assumption enough for my taste. Wooo!

Of course I watch SATC, in fact the movie just arrived today from NetFlix, and FI and I are going to have a wine and movie watching night (easy on the wine!). I totally remember that episode - aren''t they like 80s style jeans and she wears them out just cause they fit? Love it!

That''s so awesome that you''re finally seeing some progress - congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results