shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: 2/15-2/21

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Caliritek- I''m sorry 30DS isn''t working. If you think it''s even worth it, I would try to skip straight to level 2 or 3. I am so jealous of your hip-hop classes!! When do you start?

Bia- FASTING?? What type? I''m interested!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:32:32 AM
Author: meresal
Caliritek- I''m sorry 30DS isn''t working. If you think it''s even worth it, I would try to skip straight to level 2 or 3. I am so jealous of your hip-hop classes!! When do you start?
I think it starts on March 2nd but there are two LA Fitnesses in my area so maybe I''ll be able to start earlier at the other one.
10.gif

I am finally a little sore today after my dips and chin ups at the gym. My legs are sore too and I think thats because I didn''t use my normal cardio machine. Thats a good sign! My abs aren''t sore at all though so I need to find something different and more effective. This happens every once in a while when my old ab routine just doesn''t feel effective anymore. I''ve been looking in my Shape magazine for some ideas.

Well, I have some news!
Today I am going swimming in the lap swim pool at my school for the first time ever. Why you ask? Well...

I registered for my first sprint distance triathlon! I''ve been saying I would do this for the last two seasons and never followed through with it. I have become friends with someone who started doing them last year and its quite inspiring. We are both in school here so we can swim together.

So on July 26th I will be swimming in the ocean and biking and running the roads of my home state! Woo!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So I just went swimming and I am dead. I won''t be surprised if I can''t lift my arms for the next two days. I think I have found a great butt-kicking workout!

I swam about a 1/3 of a mile. I think the race that I signed up for has a 1/2 mile swim in the ocean.

When I got out my legs almost buckled underneath me because I was used to carrying my weight in the water instead of on dry land! What a difference the full effect of gravity makes! I could hardly walk or hold myself up in the locker room and I thought I was going to pass out for a few minutes. Now I know I need to eat more before I head up to swim!

I am actually excited to go next week! My training program has me swimming 3 days a week.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Master Cleanse. It''s the ''lemonade detox.'' Basically it''s water, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup and a touch of cayenne pepper. You drink it all day for as much as 12 days. I''m on day 3 and I''m hungry...

I''m going to do 2 more days and then I''m bowing out. I was feeling crappy that last couple of days but today I feel really good (and light!).

TheMasterCleanse

mjso

Shiny_Rock
14.gif

Date: 2/20/2009 2:51:39 PM
Author: Bia

Master Cleanse. It''s the ''lemonade detox.'' Basically it''s water, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup and a touch of cayenne pepper. You drink it all day for as much as 12 days. I''m on day 3 and I''m hungry...

I''m going to do 2 more days and then I''m bowing out. I was feeling crappy that last couple of days but today I feel really good (and light!).

TheMasterCleanse
Make sure you come off of it correctly. A friend of mine did the master cleanse and didn''t come off of it exactly the way they recommend and has had some serious digestive problems ever since. A lot of your internal bacteria that you develop over your life to aid in digestion dies when you fast, so if you don''t come off of it properly you could have trouble getting the bacteria back.

Well I had a crappy day yesterday...1) I missed doing the 30 day shred!! 2) I had two drinks (vodka and club soda) 3) I ate two (kind of big) slices of pizza for dinner! I know its only 1 day and I was pretty good about my lunch, so I''m not too stressed.

Buuuut, I weighed myself on the Wii fit today and I weight EXACTLY THE SAME as I did last week
14.gif
I have a feeling some of that is muscle gain, because I feel like I am more toned and my tummy is a little smaller, but maybe I''m just crazy
33.gif

I was thinking about doing the 30 day shred twice today to make up for yesterday, not sure about that yet though....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:18:39 AM
Author: mjso
Well I had a crappy day yesterday...1) I missed doing the 30 day shred!! 2) I had two drinks (vodka and club soda) 3) I ate two (kind of big) slices of pizza for dinner! I know its only 1 day and I was pretty good about my lunch, so I'm not too stressed.

Buuuut, I weighed myself on the Wii fit today and I weight EXACTLY THE SAME as I did last week
14.gif
I have a feeling some of that is muscle gain, because I feel like I am more toned and my tummy is a little smaller, but maybe I'm just crazy
33.gif

I was thinking about doing the 30 day shred twice today to make up for yesterday, not sure about that yet though....
Don't beat yourself up over indulging a little. It doesn't sound like you have been doing that often so why not reward yourself after a long week.

I can relate to the weighing yourself w/o seeing a change thing. I weighed myself recentely after not doing so for a couple of weeks and I weighed the same. It was sort of annoying. Keep at it and you will see changes. It sounds like you feel some anyways and I don't think that the more tone and smaller stomach is in your head! Afterall, you've been kicking the 30DS's behind!!

My arms are killing me today after my swim yesterday. I think that the pain actually woke me up a few times last night. I am going to go soothe my pain by walking around this huge mall while FI is out paintballing and trying on wedding bands at Tiffany's.
9.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 11:50:47 AM
Author: Clairitek

Well I had a crappy day yesterday...1) I missed doing the 30 day shred!! 2) I had two drinks (vodka and club soda) 3) I ate two (kind of big) slices of pizza for dinner! I know its only 1 day and I was pretty good about my lunch, so I''m not too stressed.

14.gif
I have a feeling some of that is muscle gain, because I feel like I am more toned and my tummy is a little smaller, but maybe I''m just crazy
33.gif

Don''t beat yourself up over indulging a little. It doesn''t sound like you have been doing that often so why not reward yourself after a long week.

I can relate to the weighing yourself w/o seeing a change thing. I weighed myself recentely after not doing so for a couple of weeks and I weighed the same. It was sort of annoying. Keep at it and you will see changes. It sounds like you feel some anyways and I don''t think that the more tone and smaller stomach is in your head! Afterall, you''ve been kicking the 30DS''s behind!!

My arms are killing me today after my swim yesterday. I think that the pain actually woke me up a few times last night. I am going to go soothe my pain by walking around this huge mall while FI is out paintballing and trying on wedding bands at Tiffany''s.
9.gif
Thanks for the support! FI told me he thought I was losing weight (unsolicited and before I told him that I weighed myself and weigh exactly the same) so that validated my not feeling like I was crazy.

Did my 30 Day Shred today, it was actually easier today, even after skipping yesterday. I know that it is meant to be done every day, and I''m going to keep trying to do it every day because I only have two weeks until my dress fitting, but I think taking a day off let my body recover a little more than usual.

Swimming used to be one of my favorite things to do! But now it seems like so much work to find a pool, get all wet, etc, etc. I should really find a convienent place to swim more often. Glad you''ve found something to help you feel like you are getting a better workout.

30 Day Shred - Day 14 - Level 2

Bia

Ideal_Rock
14.gif

Date: 2/20/2009 2:51:39 PM

Author: Bia

TheMasterCleanse

Make sure you come off of it correctly. A friend of mine did the master cleanse and didn''t come off of it exactly the way they recommend and has had some serious digestive problems ever since. A lot of your internal bacteria that you develop over your life to aid in digestion dies when you fast, so if you don''t come off of it properly you could have trouble getting the bacteria back.

Very true mjso. Thanks
5.gif

Yea, I came off of it today. Had fresh squeezed orange juice and some grapefruit throughout the day, and then a small salad. It felt sooo good to just eat that! I do have to admit though, I feel really good. My energy is up and I feel...cleaner. It''s weird! Going to continue eating light over the next few days to give my body time to adjust.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
uggggh i never post on here but i could use some motivation big time!
i was doing good losing weight and then i got sick and took a week off which ended up turning into a month off UGH and now i went back UP a size!!!!
32.gif

why!! why why why! its not fair lol
anyways, i am getting back on track tomorrow (i use sundays as my days off)
i want to get into running but its so hard because im a triple D bust size, anyone else have this problem too? yesterday at least i went hiking up in the mountains with my sister for about 4 hours so thats something i guess ha
also ive been missing my buses in downtown denver (well when i had my job anyways) so i was walking like an hour and a half to my second bus stop which is something too but its not working out 6 days a week like i had been and our kitchen is full of junk food because fi likes it, i try not to eat it too much although yesterday he went to whole foods and got some things to make healthy wraps with which totally came out of left field. he quit drinking for awhile too to lose weight but i''m not gonna push him into dieting with me (he''s stubborn)
wow this was quite a rant, sorry guys
7.gif
ugh, well wish me luck starting tomorrow!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Clairitek - Congrats on signing up for a triathlon!! That''s so awesome, good for you
1.gif

My dad is a tri-athlete and I''ve been trying to muster up the courage to enter (a short) one for two years. What state is it in?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I skipped the gym on Saturday but I did walk around the mall for three hours (and only managed to spend $27!!) so at least I was up and about. I cleaned a lot yesterday (tons of running up and down stairs, lifting stuff) and then went to the gym for 20 mins of cardio and legs.

I will go swimming in an hour!

Date: 2/23/2009 9:42:49 AM
Author: luvbug
Clairitek - Congrats on signing up for a triathlon!! That's so awesome, good for you
1.gif

My dad is a tri-athlete and I've been trying to muster up the courage to enter (a short) one for two years. What state is it in?
I am doing one that is in Rhode Island but I live in PA. I have been trying to find some around here too but the races that interest me the most are all in a month thats really busy for me (August).

If you want to find some races here are two sites that I have been using for information.
Just Triathlons

All sorts of races- not just triathlons.

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Started the 30 day shred as usual last night, after circuit one my foot was in some serious pain so I took my shoe off and my foot was all swollen. Odd, because I don''t remember injuring it (as in, I don''t remember an action followed by OUCH, it was just really really painful all of a sudden). So, I didn''t finish the workout and I elevated my foot and iced it. It looks somewhat better today, but a little swollen still. I''m going to drink a lot of water today to see if it is just swollen because it is retaining water/poor circulation (I have had issues with poor circulation in my leg before). Then I am going to go buy ankle braces and shock pads for my shoes on my way home today and try again!

30 Day Shred - Day 14.3333333 - Level 2
41.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been doing poorly over-all for the past week or so... Not working out as much (though doing lots of general walking/cleaning/carrying) but those things do not provide the results that an hour-a-day at the gym provide. Oyyy. Plus my sister was visiting this weekend which was awful/stressful/un-fun. She leaves today. I''m glad. I know that sounds horrid, but trust me... She & I do not get along anymore. At all.

I''m excited to hop back on the bandwagon, though and am feeling positive. After a week or so of slacking I don''t feel that my endurance or strength has reduced significantly, so hopefully the bounce-back will happen pretty fast!
1.gif
And today it is 65 and GORGEOUS outside, so maybe FI & I will go for a nice jog
10.gif

I also REALLLLLY feel that I need to comment on something:

Bia & others contemplating cleanses: #1- Bia-- SOOOO glad to hear that you''re coming off of the cleanse!! HOORAY! I''m happy that you''re feeling better!!! Cleanses are NO GOOD for our bodies. Yes, they detox, but they also majorly screw up our metabolisms, dehydrate & steal away nutrients. As grown women you can do what ya''ll want, but as a Pricescope Friend I am PLEADING & BEGGING that fasts/cleanses be avoided during pre-wedding fitness & weightloss journeys. They''re nothing but dangerous & often the long-term effects outweigh the temporary weight loss.

If you are interested in a true DETOX, the best thing to do is take a multi-vitamin, drink only water (no juices, soda, coffee, alcohol, etc), eat brown rice & raw veggies! Even with this ''diet'' you''re (super) at risk for not consuming enough calories, so only do it for a handful of days... But it will rid your bod of nasty things and reduce bloat. If you''re working out a lot, add lean chicken, turkey, or fish to the equation. It is essentially a super-duper-healthy diet. A bit more restrictive than what we should be eating on a regular basis, and not very varied... But it will not mess with your metabolism and you won''t be hungry or malnourished. Liquid-water-based diets are never, ever, ever, ever, ever good for you. In the long-term, its likely that fasting will only slow down your overall weight loss.

BE HEALTHY, LADIES
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Remember that our bodies NEEEEEED food! Calories = ENERGY!
1.gif
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Luvbug-I''m taking classes at the Alvin Ailey School, they offer a ton of options, but so far I''ve tried two different level Horton Technique classes, (the first was a little over my head, the second was too easy, so next I''ll try the one in between) and west african and a congolese african classes. I used to be primarily a ballet dancer, but now I prefer classes that have lots of full body movement vs. the refined lines, (and ya, Horton goes totally against that logic but some habits die hard)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 2:17:00 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
I''ve been doing poorly over-all for the past week or so... Not working out as much (though doing lots of general walking/cleaning/carrying) but those things do not provide the results that an hour-a-day at the gym provide. Oyyy. Plus my sister was visiting this weekend which was awful/stressful/un-fun. She leaves today. I''m glad. I know that sounds horrid, but trust me... She & I do not get along anymore. At all.

I''m excited to hop back on the bandwagon, though and am feeling positive. After a week or so of slacking I don''t feel that my endurance or strength has reduced significantly, so hopefully the bounce-back will happen pretty fast!
1.gif
And today it is 65 and GORGEOUS outside, so maybe FI & I will go for a nice jog
10.gif

I also REALLLLLY feel that I need to comment on something:

Bia & others contemplating cleanses: #1- Bia-- SOOOO glad to hear that you''re coming off of the cleanse!! HOORAY! I''m happy that you''re feeling better!!! Cleanses are NO GOOD for our bodies. Yes, they detox, but they also majorly screw up our metabolisms, dehydrate & steal away nutrients. As grown women you can do what ya''ll want, but as a Pricescope Friend I am PLEADING & BEGGING that fasts/cleanses be avoided during pre-wedding fitness & weightloss journeys. They''re nothing but dangerous & often the long-term effects outweigh the temporary weight loss.

If you are interested in a true DETOX, the best thing to do is take a multi-vitamin, drink only water (no juices, soda, coffee, alcohol, etc), eat brown rice & raw veggies! Even with this ''diet'' you''re (super) at risk for not consuming enough calories, so only do it for a handful of days... But it will rid your bod of nasty things and reduce bloat. If you''re working out a lot, add lean chicken, turkey, or fish to the equation. It is essentially a super-duper-healthy diet. A bit more restrictive than what we should be eating on a regular basis, and not very varied... But it will not mess with your metabolism and you won''t be hungry or malnourished. Liquid-water-based diets are never, ever, ever, ever, ever good for you. In the long-term, its likely that fasting will only slow down your overall weight loss.

BE HEALTHY, LADIES
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Remember that our bodies NEEEEEED food! Calories = ENERGY!
1.gif
1.gif
Thanks for the information PPM! Its always good to be reminded about healthy eating habits. I have to admit that I was tempted by the cleanse stuff but I know that I couldn''t do it. I suffer the consequences handily when I don''t eat enough. I''ve passed out in the shower a few times.
14.gif

mjso I hope your foot feels better soon! I am not an expert on these things but do you think it could be a stress fracture?

I just did my swim for today. A whole 1/2 mile and I feel great! Definitely not as worn out and tired as I did on Friday. I have a feeling that this is going to help with my back toning a lot!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
claritek what do you do for your swimming workout? how do you know how far youve gone? i have really bad knees from all my years of ballet and as soon as it gets warm out i was gonna start using our pool to work out
any advice would be great :)

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
mayachel - That sounds so fun! Are you in the city? I''m thinking about trying out some adult classes at the Princeton Ballet School but am nervous, it''s been a few years! I classically trained as a ballerina for ~16 years but the only thing I''ve done lately is a Ballet aerobics class at my gym! Hopefully I''ll scrounge up some courage to try it out - I don''t think my old leotards will fit anymore
23.gif

Btw - I LURVE your ring
30.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 3:57:48 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
claritek what do you do for your swimming workout? how do you know how far youve gone? i have really bad knees from all my years of ballet and as soon as it gets warm out i was gonna start using our pool to work out
any advice would be great :)
I''m not sure how good my advice will be but I just went for it. It took a lot of courage to go jump in with all the more experienced swimmers in the pool and I was really self conscious about my horrible form but after I got into a rhythm I stopped thinking and just swam. It really helps me take my mind off of things too! I find that I don''t obsess over wedding details or my work when I am in there. I just focus on not drowning.
21.gif

I swam 600 yards (~1/3 mile) the first day, 800 yards (~ 1/2 mile) the second day and I did 1000 yards today (~5/8 mile). I noticed a HUGE difference in my endurance after the first day.

I wish I could give you more advice! I really don''t know what I''m talking about.
41.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:03:49 PM
Author: Clairitek

I''m not sure how good my advice will be but I just went for it. It took a lot of courage to go jump in with all the more experienced swimmers in the pool and I was really self conscious about my horrible form but after I got into a rhythm I stopped thinking and just swam. It really helps me take my mind off of things too! I find that I don''t obsess over wedding details or my work when I am in there. I just focus on not drowning.
21.gif

I swam 600 yards (~1/3 mile) the first day, 800 yards (~ 1/2 mile) the second day and I did 1000 yards today (~5/8 mile). I noticed a HUGE difference in my endurance after the first day.

I wish I could give you more advice! I really don''t know what I''m talking about.
41.gif
Wow!! That''s awesome, congrats!!

I haven''t done any workouts since the softball games last Tuesday. It didn''t help that I couldn''t move my arms, without pain until Friday. This weekend was a busy one, with birthdays and getting 3 major wedding related obstacles done; so no workouts, but I was sure to watch my food, which I have been getting really good at for the last 2 weeks.

I''ve started bringnig my lunch everyday. Healthy Choice meals are actually pretty good. And I''m on my 3rd "re-filled" bottle for the afternoon.
19.gif

Anyway, we have another softball game tonight, and it''s much warmer out, so I''m hoping to get more calories burned this week than last. E-pics are on Monday, and I''m down to a steady 136. Haven''t flucuated or decreased all weekend, and I even feel healthier in general. I''m going to try and focus on some last minute toning this week, but this morning when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed a some definition in my bicep, yay!!

Also, my apologies for forgetting to start a new weekly thread on Sunday... It was a very busy weekend!! I''ll have them change this one to a 2-week thru the 27th, and then we''ll start a new week on the 28th.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Meresal- Congrats on getting down to 136. Is that about 5-6 lbs down from when we all started this journey together?

I don''t think that I have lost any weight yet. I have promised myself I wouldn''t step on a scale until a few weeks from now so I can hopefully see a nice big change. I had to abandon my original goal of losing 5 pounds this month because I sort of slacked two of those weeks thanks to school.

Date: 2/24/2009 4:22:16 PM
Also, my apologies for forgetting to start a new weekly thread on Sunday... It was a very busy weekend!! I''ll have them change this one to a 2-week thru the 27th, and then we''ll start a new week on the 28th.
Wha?? I didn''t even notice that it wasn''t a new thread! No worries.

Have fun playing softball tonight! I am so jealous. Our season for school doesn''t start until April. FI is trying to find a league around where we live but they all seem to be independent and not associated with the township, which makes it really hard to find them! Online information is non existent.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi, I just wanted to update my progress with the 30day shred.

On Day 6 I moved from 2lb to 5lb weights, it wasn't bad at all. I did Day 7 yesterday with the 5lbs and it was a bit more difficult...I'm looking forward to Day 8 tonight!

I have taken 2 or 3 days off since the start, but I did shovel snow for 1/2 hr on two of those days.

My cardio has improved quite a bit since the beginning, I am following the higher-intensity girl now (I'm so bad with names).

I haven't noticed any weight loss, but I feel a lot stronger!

How is everyone else doing?

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies! Sorry I''ve been a bit MIA lately. We can thank finishing up school and work as well for that!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say that I finally bought 30 Day shred!!! I did it once last week, it kicked my a**, and I immediately fell off the wagon!

However, I am now re-committed to it, and have given up facebook for Lent, with the intention of replacing it with productive things, like 3DS!

I did it today and feel great - I need to remember that I always have so much energy after a great workout! FI was getting ready to go to the library while I was doing it, and he was watching me. I think I''ve caught his interest, and he said he''d try it this evening. I''ll let you know how that goes!

Also, you might remember that I didn''t include weight loss in my goals, but I thought it might be interesting to do inches, so I measured myself last week (waist, hips, bust, thigh and upper arm) and I''m not going to do another measurement till the shred is halfway done, and then at the end (I plan to do it through all of Lent, increasing weights and which girl I follow so that it''s a challenge - through April 11).

I''ll keep you posted on how I''m feeling with the shred - you girls are inspiring!!! Congrats to all on their success!
36.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
meresal I have to tell you how jealous I am when you talk about softball! I''m in Michigan, and it''s still so cold. I long to be playing outside when it''s warm! It makes me think of my high school softball days
1.gif
Always so fun - enjoy!

Shimmer - so good to hear that you are on Day 6 and moved up the weights! I am using 2 lb. soup cans right now, hehe. I am heading to buy handweights tomorrow. Should I start with 3 do you think? Then move to 5, then what, 8?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am heading off to the gym to get in some cardio on dry land. I didn''t swim today because I wanted to give my sore body a chance to heal (and I am waiting for two more appropriate bathing suits to arrive in the mail
41.gif
).

I measured my waist this morning and I think I have lost about 1/2 an inch. So hard to tell because measuring with a seamstress tape isn''t exactly the easiest way to determine weight loss. I am trying hard not to step on a scale until I am sure I''ve lost something. Getting on there with no change is just discouraging.

Swimming tomorrow and Friday! I can''t wait!! I am really getting hooked in it.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 30 day shred gets here tomorrow, and I can''t wait to try it! I usually go to a core-strengthening boot camp twice a week, but it ends up costing me an arm and a leg ($150/month, and I''ve been doing this for 9 months). I watched videos of the 30 day shred and it seems to incorporate most of the exercises we do at the boot camp.

I think I''ll start with 3lb weight, even though we use 5-7 lbs at bootcamp, just because I''m going to be doing this everyday instead of just 2 days a week. I''m glad it''s a home workout, this way I can break between my cardio and strength...maybe cardio in the morning and then strength in the afternoon.

Keep it up ladies! You all ROCK!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Meh... guess who took her running shoes out of her gym bag to make space for swim gear then forgot to put them back in?

I drove all the way there (a few miles past my house) and then realized it. Oh well.

Just made fresh pasta for dinner. Can''t wait to chow down! I love the texture of it.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that sucks Clairitek! So sounds like something I would do....

Guys, I''m watching my FI do 30 day shred (level 1 for the first time) right now and after about 3 minutes he says: "Ok, you''re right this is no joke." Now he keeps yelling at Jillian to shut up! So funny!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha Lee, my FI is doing 30ds with me and he yells obscenities at Jillian!

I would recommend going from 3 to 5 to 7lb for the weights. The jump from 2 to 5 is a little tough. I just finished my workout today and my arms are pretty tired.

Yay, I get to move to level 2 in two more days!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
hehe, shimmer, there were definitely some obscenities!!

Thanks for the tip - I''ll try to go in 2 lb. increments
1.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:13:15 PM
Author: shimmer
Haha Lee, my FI is doing 30ds with me and he yells obscenities at Jillian!

my FI did 30ds with me on monday and had a hard time keeping up! he was yelling at her, too!

too funny.

he also said that he was going to tease me about doing a dvd, but now he sees how hard it really is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results