shape
carat
color
clarity

BUYING OVER THE INTERNET?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GAA78

Rough_Rock
HELLO ALL,
I LIVE IN A PLACE THAT IS REMOTE AND I DON''T EXACTLY HAVE THE MEANS TO PERSONALLY LOOK AND SHOP. WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO I HAVE IN BUYING A RING OR DIAMOND FOR THAT MATTER? THERE ARE LOTS OF WEB SITES SELLING JEWELRY, BUT HOW SAFE IS THAT? HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU''RE GETTING?
THANK YOU ALL,
SITKA, ALASKA

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hello Sitka. Welcome to PriceScope.

My best advice is to educate yourself using the PriceScope tutorial and reading what has been written here. You can also perform a search on the forum for subjects of interest to you. Of course, you can also post questions directly, as you have here.

Regarding security in purchasing over the internet, I believe going through the above process and reading what consumers have to say here is a great confidence-builder.

Here is a comparison of vendor policies which might get you started on understanding what different online companies are doing to provide security in buying online.

I'm jealous - I bet your jewelry looks FABULOUS in the northern lights
2.gif

Best,

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

Buying a diamond ring is safe as long as the online jewelry vendor is reputable! Many if not most people on this site have bought their diamonds online and are extremely happy! I think all reputable online jewelers are members of the Better Business Bureau/BBB and the Jewelers Vigilance Committee/JVC.

As far as insuring that the diamond is real and you are getting what you''ve paid for some people pick out a diamond and have the loose diamond sent to an independent appraiser to get an opinion on the quality of the diamond. I got my ring from Blue Nile and choose to set up an appointment with an appraiser and have my diamond ring appraised the next day after my ring arrived to make sure that everything was on the up and up.
Honestly, it will be extremely hard to find a jeweler who can beat the prices of reputable online diamond vendors. You should first do your research on the 4Cs and find a vendor that you would like to buy from. Also call the vendor and talk to them! Ask them all the questions that you have. Don''t worry about driving them crazy. I think that most here have gotten their diamond rings from White Flash, Good old Gold, Dirt Cheap, and Blue Nile. Good luck!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send a PM to Colored Gemstone Nut, a PS member who also lives in Sitka. He''s purchased and had custom pieces made by internet vendors. He can give you good information on the risks and rewards.

bimmerboy

Rough_Rock
I am all for Union Diamond! Excellent selection. Excellent service before and after the sale! Not as much adverstising glitz as some of the other online vendors but I found them to be the best.

Also, never felt like I was being sized up to see if I was actually going to purchase something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results