shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
First of all - thanks to everyone on the site,
I have learned an invaluable about about diamonds here.

My girlfriend really likes super sparkley diamonds and I
want to make sure I get a excellently cut stone. I also know she
slightly prefers Princess cuts. How much of a hit on light
return do I get by going to a fancy cut stone? Is it really
that significant?
Also, I''d really like to be able to check out various stones
with an ideal-scope, but is it really kosher to ''buy'' several online
and send back all but the one I want to keep? How would you all go
about buying online without being able to see in person what your getting

THanks for your help
Jon

kim

Rough_Rock
Hi Jon,

The best stone for light return is of course the round brilliant. But a well cut Princess cut with a high color and clarity can be a very beautiful stone as well. it is hard to give you any idea on what proportions you should be looking for because I do not know what you want to spend. I also think that the best way to buy a stone is seeing it in person yourself (Loose/out of the setting of course!) I hope that this helps a little!

kim

Rough_Rock
Hi Jon,

The best stone for light return is of course the round brilliant. But a well cut Princess cut with a high color and clarity can be a very beautiful stone as well. it is hard to give you any idea on what proportions you should be looking for because I do not know what you want to spend. I also think that the best way to buy a stone is seeing it in person yourself (Loose/out of the setting of course!) I hope that this helps a little!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results