shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
First of all - thanks to everyone on the site,
I have learned an invaluable about about diamonds here.

My girlfriend really likes super sparkley diamonds and I
want to make sure I get a excellently cut stone. I also know she
slightly prefers Princess cuts. How much of a hit on light
return do I get by going to a fancy cut stone? Is it really
that significant?
Also, I''d really like to be able to check out various stones
with an ideal-scope, but is it really kosher to ''buy'' several online
and send back all but the one I want to keep? How would you all go
about buying online without being able to see in person what your getting

THanks for your help
Jon

Hi Jon,

The best stone for light return is of course the round brilliant. But a well cut Princess cut with a high color and clarity can be a very beautiful stone as well. it is hard to give you any idea on what proportions you should be looking for because I do not know what you want to spend. I also think that the best way to buy a stone is seeing it in person yourself (Loose/out of the setting of course!) I hope that this helps a little!

Hi Jon,

The best stone for light return is of course the round brilliant. But a well cut Princess cut with a high color and clarity can be a very beautiful stone as well. it is hard to give you any idea on what proportions you should be looking for because I do not know what you want to spend. I also think that the best way to buy a stone is seeing it in person yourself (Loose/out of the setting of course!) I hope that this helps a little!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP