shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Hikari

Rough_Rock
I am not clear what your question is regarding the type of moissanite look you are going for? A 2 carat brilliant pear is going to be quite sparkly and is a good choice. If you are looking for something like tapered baguette side stones, I think that will look fine. Having had them myself, it might be better to go with the long, skinny version if moissanite baguettes are what you truly want. Don’t expect them to sparkle like a round though. I have both and they don’t even sparkle that much in diamonds. You also have the option to buy a loose stone and have it set by a jeweler online or more locally to you. That way, the ring is at least warrantied and they will probably check your pear out for you and clean it each year to make sure everything is in tact.

Fancy cuts can be colorless in the DEF range. Sometimes larger or crushed ice might show some body tint. There is no warranty from China because they are being sold much cheaper then US prices. There is a trade off for that. A 2 carat pear will be in the $150-$200 range vs some of the other US companies that might charge up to $1000 for a loose stone. It really comes down to your budget and the after sales services that you would like in the future.

There are a lot of posts on here and weddingbee because that is where we started this ordering process with these Chinese vendors. Lately, there is just more traction over on Reddit because it reaches more people. This website is more of a mined stone site and just doesn’t have the volume of new users on this part of the forum. It does, however, have a ton project history for Tianyu, Starsgem and Provence and is worth looking through for ring ideas before ordering.

Thank you. I originally wanted a princess center with baguettes on the flat sides and rounds at the corners in a halo style, kite set.
The pear would be straight pear with maybe a tiny halo.
It’s so hard! I think I know exactly what I want and then I see something or read something and it changes everything. Perhaps you are correct that I should source the pear from China and then have set locally. Thank you again for answering my questions.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I originally wanted a princess center with baguettes on the flat sides and rounds at the corners in a halo style, kite set.
The pear would be straight pear with maybe a tiny halo.
It’s so hard! I think I know exactly what I want and then I see something or read something and it changes everything. Perhaps you are correct that I should source the pear from China and then have set locally. Thank you again for answering my questions.

The colorless Princess is okay from Tianyu. The baguettes in moissanite are not great. If you could afford to do a diamond setting with a moissanite center, that would certainly improve the appearance. There are several similar rings to this being done by David Klass right now. The one is my avatar could be done in a square version and with baguettes. I prefer the brilliant pear cuts personally. The Chinese companies could do a pear in a halo of lab diamonds and that would be a much more affordable option. It woudln’t look much different then what you source here except for the cost savings.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have ordered already earrings and loose stones from Tianyu.
A few weeks ago I have seen, they have an antique asscher cut stone, and I knew, I had to have it.

I have got pre shipment pictures and videos from my sales assistant Ella.
39EE8342-9E41-402D-BD56-72FC43FE5CB2.jpeg CA34A8D9-8CB8-4A30-A377-5E350D29A883.jpeg

In this Link you can find also a video:

The stone is 9*11 mm, GH color. My ring size is 5.25. I know, it may have a bit of warmth, but it doesn’t bother me. I prefer warmer colored stones.
The ring is already on the way to me, shipped by Fedex. I hope I get it mid of next week.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
A few weeks ago I have seen, they have an antique asscher cut stone, and I knew, I had to have it.

39EE8342-9E41-402D-BD56-72FC43FE5CB2.jpeg CA34A8D9-8CB8-4A30-A377-5E350D29A883.jpeg

The stone is 9*11 mm, GH color. My ring size is 5.25. I know, it may have a bit of warmth, but it doesn’t bother me. I prefer warmer colored stones.
The ring is already on the way to me, shipped by Fedex. I hope I get it mid of next week.

I love it! Please update us when you receive it!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After a long journey, my ring has arrived.

Ella has sent me the PSP‘s last week on Thursday, and the ring was shipped on Friday last week by Fedex. I’m located in Austria, Europe, and my ring took following route:
Gouangzhou-Singapore-Cologne-Paris-Budapest-Vienna! At least my ring travels, when I cant! The journey took 1 week!

The ring is from Tianyu, my SA is Ella. The stone is an antique asscher, GH color, 9*11 mm, the ring is 14k yellow gold. My ring size is 5.25.

At first I wanted to choose 8*10 mm in DEF color, but than I thought to myself, if I go big, I want really big, so I asked for a 9*11 mm stone in GH color. On the video of the stone itself the stone seemed a bit yellowish. I know, this called for a yellow gold setting.
I usually wear only white or rose gold, but Ella suggested also yellow gold. At first I was skeptical, but I trusted Ella, and have chosen yellow gold.

After my ring arrived, I have opened the box, and I loved it at first sight. I have worn it today, and took a lot of pictures. If I look at it on my hand, for me it is absolutely not yellowish, it’s white. Unfortunately in the pictures it seems completely different, it’s really hard to capture, how white it is. But make your own opinion, here are my pictures:

I just realized, I need a few yellow gold pieces, at least earrings and a pendant. 01C94FFE-7207-435A-AD0E-3612767F85DE.jpeg 683684B7-8E90-4047-933F-B2BDF8E05A8B.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and a honker.
Yellow gold looks really good with your skin tone.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and a honker.
Yellow gold looks really good with your skin tone.

Thank you! I also really like yellow gold on me! I think I have to purchase a few more yellow gold items!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s stunning! :kiss2:

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
That’s stunning!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is gorgeous - I have questions. I have a large finger size - I got the AV antique emerald moissy that was 8.3x10 and face up it was the same size as my antique euro cut diamond that is 2.55 carats - so it is very deep and as I feared not the finger coverage I was looking for. I sold the AV and have been waiting to save up for a much larger AV. The quality of the AV was amazing - it was so so crisp and looked exactly like a diamond to my eye. How do you find this stone? Do you see any fuzzy, hazy or uncrisp aspects? It looks great in photographs. Do you know if they sell this stone in a larger size than you received? And lastly I hope you don't mind me asking the cost so that I have an idea of cost comparison - I know August Vintage are at the top for pricing.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous - I have questions. I have a large finger size - I got the AV antique emerald moissy that was 8.3x10 and face up it was the same size as my antique euro cut diamond that is 2.55 carats - so it is very deep and as I feared not the finger coverage I was looking for. I sold the AV and have been waiting to save up for a much larger AV. The quality of the AV was amazing - it was so so crisp and looked exactly like a diamond to my eye. How do you find this stone? Do you see any fuzzy, hazy or uncrisp aspects? It looks great in photographs. Do you know if they sell this stone in a larger size than you received? And lastly I hope you don't mind me asking the cost so that I have an idea of cost comparison - I know August Vintage are at the top for pricing.

At first I would like to state, a moissanite is a moissanite, so it’s just different. I tried to choose the best cut for my preferences, and it’s really crisp in the sun or in some lightning conditions, but not completely equal to a diamond. I have a 2.86 ct. OEC, and the diamond is more crisp in dim light. But I was aware of this, and I love this stone for what it is. In love the cut and the size.
I can tell you the price, it Was justified for such a big stone and a 14k setting with melee. 595$ + shipping, and I think it was worth it.
Regarding bigger size: I was told, this stone was cut for me, so I guess they can cut any size.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
At first I would like to state, a moissanite is a moissanite, so it’s just different. I tried to choose the best cut for my preferences, and it’s really crisp in the sun or in some lightning conditions, but not completely equal to a diamond. I have a 2.86 ct. OEC, and the diamond is more crisp in dim light. But I was aware of this, and I love this stone for what it is. In love the cut and the size.
I can tell you the price, it Was justified for such a big stone and a 14k setting with melee. 595$ + shipping, and I think it was worth it.
Regarding bigger size: I was told, this stone was cut for me, so I guess they can cut any size.

Thank you so much for your response! I agree your ring is beautiful and totally worth the price you paid. I think I will reach out and see what they can do - I may find that this would meet my wants at a much lower price point than I was expecting - nothing wrong with that! How do you contact someone to place an order?

Jane_in_June

Rough_Rock
CAD 3.jpg
How does my CAD look? I'm wondering if I should up the thickness from 1.5mm to 1.6 or so? I'm at the price point I'd like to be at, so I don't want to add more platinum if I don't have to. TIA!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
CAD 3.jpg
How does my CAD look? I'm wondering if I should up the thickness from 1.5mm to 1.6 or so? I'm at the price point I'd like to be at, so I don't want to add more platinum if I don't have to. TIA!

I don’t like to go under 1.6 mm myself because their platinum is a bit softer then what is used in other countries. You probably won’t go up by just adjusting the size on the CAD by that little amount. The rest looks fine for your finger size.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
I hope someone can help answer a question for me. I am ordering a tennis bracelet from Tianyu. They are recommending H&A over brilliant cut...these are 4mm stones. What do you think?

embdiva

Rough_Rock

WOW...REALLY beautiful! Wear it in good health and smile.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I hope someone can help answer a question for me. I am ordering a tennis bracelet from Tianyu. They are recommending H&A over brilliant cut...these are 4mm stones. What do you think?

I would go with H&A if you want a cut that looks more like a diamond. The brilliant cut is more splintery and has the disco ball effect. Some people like that but the H&A is a newer looking more precise cut.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
Thank you for answering me. That is exactly what the rep said! "It looks more like a diamond." I admit I am a little bit in sticker shock for a sim, but it is 14K white gold. 13.9g. I hope they do a good job with the H&A, you ladies here seem to think so.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
Has anyone here purchased a tennis bracelet from them? I admit, I am nervous. The cad look good.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for answering me. That is exactly what the rep said! "It looks more like a diamond." I admit I am a little bit in sticker shock for a sim, but it is 14K white gold. 13.9g. I hope they do a good job with the H&A, you ladies here seem to think so.

Thought I answer before I sign off for the night..

Part of what is driving the price is the cost of gold right now. The prices will probably go down once the markets settle but the corona virus is making it rather unpredictable. I would also try to get a quote from SG to compare. Sometimes the prices are close and other times they are drastically different. SG has the advantage of being a much bigger company so they can offer more discounting. It is hard to get around the gold weight price but you might consider just dropping down to 3.4-3.6 mm stones. I think they have standard sizes that fall in that range but they are much cheaper when they are under 4mm. You need to verify with them that you would still be getting H&A cut though. There is some size in which they switch to round brilliants and you really don’t want that for something with this many stones. You can try Cherry at [email protected] or Demi at [email protected]. I will bump the long thread from them so it is on the first page if you want to look at some of their work.

If you do decide to stay with Tianyu, don’t forget to ask for the reddit discount. You can save another 3% or 5% depending on price.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
thanks...I asked for the discount and they want the name of who gave the disc info. I told them PriceScope but I don't think they liked that...lol

embdiva

Rough_Rock
I guess I have to trust the video they send, I'll try to look really close when I enlarge it to page size. She keeps saying their customer service is excellent.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
thank you, they gave me 3% disc

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, they gave me 3% disc

We don’t get anything for it but I think they like to see where the orders come from. You can use angelwaye or autumn soupgirl and they should give it to you.

embdiva

Rough_Rock
considering the price, they should give me the 5%. lol

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
If you are at $1000 then I think that is where 5% starts.

Jane_in_June

Rough_Rock

I definitely prefer H&A over brilliant! Like someone else already said, it's a newer, better cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results