shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying "eye clean" SI1 stones sight unseen... HELP

D8612

Rough_Rock
Two ares of the 4c's I'm really downgrading to get more are color and clarity. I went from having my heart set on a VVS Diamond to now wanting a eye clean VS2 - SI1 diamond. I have visited blue nile which has great prices but no picture. When I check the GIA certificate to see where the inclusions are in the notes it will say more inclusions not shown and even though there might be a inclusion on the table it doesn't always nesscarily make the diamond not eye clean.

I'm super confused.

1) how to shop for diamonds on blue Nile without seeing it?
2) how to tell of the inclusion directly on the table will render it not eye clean?
3) blue Nile has a web room will I be able to see diamonds there?

subbie_419

Rough_Rock
You could try searching by the GIA number on other sites that may have pictures or videos of the stone. Many times a stone is on multiple sites.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn't consider buying a diamond below VS2 without magnified photos of the stone or gemologist inspection and guarantee of 100% eyeclean. James Allen is a better option than Blue Nile because they provide videos of their stones. You can also tell which ones are better cut, and I will tell you that all excellent cut stones are NOT equal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results