shape
carat
color
clarity

buying diamond ring in Israel

holeniche

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the very useful information @sledge and @Rockdiamond !

I didn't know about the 60/60 cut before and should've better prepared. I wish the manager had explained the differences between 60/60 and super ideal as well as you guys did. (The fact that the salesperson saying a 53-57% table would be too small and would not get an excellent cut grade from GIA didn't help either.)

I wasn't looking for a D and IF and wouldn't be able to afford them anyway. I was mostly curious about the prices and wanted to see if they are in general reasonable, and I think there is very little point to negotiate when the prices are so much higher.

I will read some more about the effects of different cut proportions before visiting another shop.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the Knowledge tab at the top of the forum :))

Corely

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have experience with this website? www.aradiamonds.com I am looking to buy an engagement ring very soon. Been shopping around and stumbled on this site. I am working overseas right now and need to get a ring before my next RR vacation so I can propose. The prices on this site are considerably cheaper than anywhere I have seen ever and I have been actively searching for six months. I did an online chat with the guy on there and they are based out of Israel. This is all online purchasing. The prices are awesome... which makes my spidey senses go off that something cant be right here. They of course say they are legit and 100% natural diamonds. The only catch I can see is they use a GIS certification system. Which I can find info on online but haven't really seen anywhere else that uses GIS. They can even customize rings to. I mean we are talking 4 carat diamonds for less than $6k here? I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone know whats up with this site or buying diamonds online. I cannot travel to any of these places so looking to buy online.. or in Dubai, which I would rather not have to deal with the markets and haggling there. Thanks

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have experience with this website? www.aradiamonds.com I am looking to buy an engagement ring very soon. Been shopping around and stumbled on this site. I am working overseas right now and need to get a ring before my next RR vacation so I can propose. The prices on this site are considerably cheaper than anywhere I have seen ever and I have been actively searching for six months. I did an online chat with the guy on there and they are based out of Israel. This is all online purchasing. The prices are awesome... which makes my spidey senses go off that something cant be right here. They of course say they are legit and 100% natural diamonds. The only catch I can see is they use a GIS certification system. Which I can find info on online but haven't really seen anywhere else that uses GIS. They can even customize rings to. I mean we are talking 4 carat diamonds for less than $6k here? I'm a bit skeptical. Does anyone know whats up with this site or buying diamonds online. I cannot travel to any of these places so looking to buy online.. or in Dubai, which I would rather not have to deal with the markets and haggling there. Thanks

I would recommend creating your own thread and we will be glad to help. I would avoid that website as a 4 ct diamond for 6k is too good to be true and does not exist. Be sure to only consider GIA or AGS stones. Otherwise you will not know for sure what you're actually buying. We know many online vendors that are trustworthy. Be sure to let us know your budget, size, color, clarity preferences and we can give you some recommendations.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've not dealt w/ them but the prices and GIS certifications tell me you should be cautious.

Is this the ring you were looking at by chance? If so, it would be worth noting this is 4.1 carat weight total. According to the specs below the main stone is a 2.18ct F VS2 clarity enhanced natural diamond, GIS certified. Ring is 18k WG. Side stones are round and total 1.92ct with D VS quality, no clarity enhancement treatment and also natural diamond.

That clarity enhanced I bolded is bad news.

https://www.aradiamonds.com/shop/diamond-ring/round-cut/4-1-carat-round-cut-diamond-engagement-ring/

4.1-Carat-Round-Cut-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-18K-White-Gold-3-600x600.jpg

Capture.PNG

Clarity Enhanced Diamonds

Advanced technology nowadays has enabled the jewelry industry to improve the visual appearance of lower grade diamonds by the process of laser drilling or fracture filling. This practice is referred to as "clarity enhanced". Laser drilling, and fracture filling treatments result in an unnatural product. These diamonds have been altered and are no longer considered "natural" diamonds.

The treatments are permanent as long as the diamonds are never introduced to a jeweler’s torch (as in sizing or mounting). High heat or any type of acid or caustic substance will not affect a natural diamond. A treated or an enhanced diamond will crack or break in these environments.

The cost of treated diamonds should be at least 50% less than a natural diamond. Some retail jewelers don’t disclose the fact the diamond has been fracture filled or laser drilled. Jewelers can simply write the abbreviation “CE” for clarity enhanced on the paperwork, and an unsuspecting consumer would never know what that means. For those customers who wish to purchase diamonds as investments, treated diamonds cannot and will not appreciate in value or hold value as would an untreated diamond.

Laser Drilled Diamonds

Description: Laser drilling creates a minuscule passageway into the heart of a diamond. This is a small tunnel that is used to reach a large inclusion in a diamond. The manmade opening allows for further treatments, such as boiling out included crystals with acid. In other cases, an internal fracture, feather or knot, can be laser drilled to create a passageway to introduce glass-like substances that soften or minimize their appearance. Once a laser-drilled hole is filled, the Federal Trade Commission states the treatment must be disclosed.

Detection: Laser drilled holes are sometimes noticeable without the aid of a 10X loupe, but it is thought that the drilling is less noticeable than a natural birthmark in a stone, such as black carbon. When looking through the pavilion of a diamond, the facets reflect the drill hole, so it appears that there is more than one. The purple pools of color at the bottom of the drill holes are called a flash effect, and signal the area has been treated with a diamond-filling compound to make it appear clearer.

Fracture Filled Diamonds

Description: The treatment process eliminates most eye-visible fractures and feathers in a natural diamond. The artificial filler does not add any coloring or measurable weight to a treated stone. Fracture filled diamonds are hard to detect with the naked eye, because the filler closely matches a diamond’s refractive index. While treatment can improve a stone’s clarity, it cannot be used to fill voids and laser drilled holes in a diamond. The treatment is permanent even under prolonged exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet lighting. However, the direct heat of a jeweler’s torch and contact with acid can alter the treatment.

Detection: This treatment is virtually impossible to detect with the naked eye, but every fracture filled diamond has a built-in signature called the flash effect. All fracture filled diamonds will reflect either a purplish-blue or green color when examined under a 10X loupe.

Fracture filled diamonds cost approximately 50% less than comparable non-treated diamonds.

Corely

Rough_Rock
Right on the money that is what I was looking at. I figured something had to be up with this site. Thanks so much. I posted a new thread about this and the possibility of buying a 3.05 carat Princess cut color H VS2 diamond out here in Afghanistan diam.jpg attached is a pic... I'm sure it doesn't help a whole lot. There are some inclusions so I'm pretty sure its real. I have purchased some Tanzanite in the past from this vendor and they all appraised well in the states. He wants $12k for the rock and $16k for an entire elaborate ring. However their metal work is subpar here so was thinking of just buying the stone and getting it made into a ring stateside. Tips or info would be appreciated. Thanks!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right on the money that is what I was looking at. I figured something had to be up with this site. Thanks so much. I posted a new thread about this and the possibility of buying a 3.05 carat Princess cut color H VS2 diamond out here in Afghanistan diam.jpg attached is a pic... I'm sure it doesn't help a whole lot. There are some inclusions so I'm pretty sure its real. I have purchased some Tanzanite in the past from this vendor and they all appraised well in the states. He wants $12k for the rock and $16k for an entire elaborate ring. However their metal work is subpar here so was thinking of just buying the stone and getting it made into a ring stateside. Tips or info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Not trying to bust your chops here, but that H looks really yellow to me. I bought my fiancee an H VS2 round from BGD and it's considerably different.

This is a side view, where color shows the most. As you can see, that is quite the difference in the top view of the princess H you are showing.

2018-07-02 21.01.00.jpg

Corely

Rough_Rock
It for sure has a yellow hue to it. I posted some more pics on this original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-use-gsi-afghan-diamonds.244755/#post-4443886

It looks for more yellow when I wedged it between my gross yellow hands though haha. There are some side pics that show a bit better when not next to my skin. But yes it does have a tint to it for sure. for size and rating is $12k a good price? it took him months and months to find a stone that large. Thanks

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It for sure has a yellow hue to it. I posted some more pics on this original thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-use-gsi-afghan-diamonds.244755/#post-4443886

It looks for more yellow when I wedged it between my gross yellow hands though haha. There are some side pics that show a bit better when not next to my skin. But yes it does have a tint to it for sure. for size and rating is $12k a good price? it took him months and months to find a stone that large. Thanks

Seems like a very good price. A quick search on RC and WF revealed that a 3ct H VS2 princess cut is going for about $27-30k. These stones are GIA certified. Sounds like the one you are looking to purchase isn't certified and I don't know what it means to get a cert from India.

If it's not GIA or AGS certified you are gambling on the true specs and what value it may end up coming back at. So it just depends if you are comfortable with that risk on a $12k stone or not.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-4033939.htm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results