shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a ring in Los Angeles - local and online reviews

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stay Tuned - Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel....

Be sure to bring your camera - charge the batteries and get a fresh memory card in there! we need lots of pictures - Bruce Lee included!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
webdiva|1334189895|3168867 said:
Lotus99|1334177421|3168734 said:
Webdiva, do you (or anyone else reading this thread) happen to know around how much Single Stone eternity bands are? I'm looking for a rough range. I've seen people say they're expensive, but I just don't know how expensive. I couldn't see any prices on their site.

Sorry, no idea. I'm sure you can call them and get a ball park. I did see a gorgeous art deco replica eternity ring at SN Queens - I believe it had either squares or asscher shaped milgraining around the diamonds - for $1100. Bev K also has gorgeous eternity rings - Servis & Taylor has a bunch to try on in their store. Beautiful quality!

Thanks! I'm still in the research stage. I may go try some on when I'm in LA next.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey you. I know you ring is gonna be different that this one (the bezels you added, larger airline plus the high polish accents, plus the over all proportions).

But I was trolling my hard drive for someone else and I came across this and it reminded me a bit of your project.

ringpic.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Gypsy! That is gorgeous! Nice proportions, too!

I can't see in the pic - is that a RB in the middle? or Oval? I actually debated going oval for the size and still making the outside octagonal, filling the corners with melee. Ovals are soooo well priced, but also so hard to find without bowties! I found a couple 1 caraters for $2500 but James Allen examined them and they didn't like their light performance. One was 7.55 mm long! Here were my finalists all together when I examined that route! Plus Love Maegan's ring, which I adore! It's so funny, the journey we take when finalizing our rings! :)
diamond_10.jpg

I have a few inspiration pieces on my HD, as well - and of course, didn't label the sites they came from! ;-) I really like the larger melee on that one, and I struggled with asking to add those, and in the end - asked for the bezels. The other Bev K ring I tried on had those and it added a nice amount of bling. I hope I don't regret the smaller diamonds! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's as radiant or a cushion sweetie. I don't think it's a round though. I love ovals, but yes they are tough to shop for and bow ties bug the ever loving heck out of me too.

The journey's are fun, and we are very lucky you shared your with us. I don't think you will regret the proportions of yours. I think it's going to be amazing. I really mean that with 100% sincerity.

glitterpants

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the reviews- adding to my list of stores to visit when I go to Southern Ca. this summer.

I can't wait to see your ring! I love the airline/gap halo look-my dream ring (currently-so fickle! :loopy: ) is Nicole Richie's ering which has a similar look.

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank you SO much for the super detailed reviews! I'm doing the LA diamond district today to look at some diamonds in person and this was really helpful. Thanks!

cctiny

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1334395366|3170772 said:
Hey you. I know you ring is gonna be different that this one (the bezels you added, larger airline plus the high polish accents, plus the over all proportions).

But I was trolling my hard drive for someone else and I came across this and it reminded me a bit of your project.

Gypsy, I think this is my ring!:) Art deco but not overkill with double halo. Unique and great finger coverage.
My center stone measures 6.35x6.32, do you think with this design I can get the whole face to total somewhere between 11-12mm across?
:appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
cctiny|1393306345|3622502 said:
Gypsy|1334395366|3170772 said:

Gypsy, I think this is my ring!:) Art deco but not overkill with double halo. Unique and great finger coverage.
My center stone measures 6.35x6.32, do you think with this design I can get the whole face to total somewhere between 11-12mm across?
:appl:

Tell him to use 1/2 point melee and make the halo as delicate as humanely possible with the minimum amount of metal on the edges of the bright cut. And to dial down all the milgrain to the most delicate he can manage. And tell him not to exceed 11mm total width. IN WRITING this time. :wavey:

Julia4

Rough_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to give you an update. We've ordered the engagement ring online. It was an Canary Diamond Engagement Ring. So, if you are not sure about online purchasing, the quality is very good and the price too. I love it! Any thoughts? :)
26228.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results