color
clarity

Buyers remorse :(((

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
solgen|1447641359|3950112 said:
Wink|1447604768|3949939 said:
I am going to make a recommendation that you contact a qualified appraiser and have the diamond grades checked by that appraiser. If the appraiser feels that the diamond is misgraded by more than one color and/or clarity grade that you may want to contact the seller and let them know that you are going to have the diamond graded by GIA and that if the GIA grade is more than one color and clarity grade off from the values given by the seller that you will be contacting an attorney for a replacement diamond with a GIA report that matches what they said that they sold you. (Do not settle for one with less than a GIA Excellent cut grade. My feelings about the value of the GIA Excellent cut grade are well known here, they can be wonderful or garbage, but they will at least be better than one with a GIA Very Good rating.)

I do not recommend that you spend a lot of money on an attorney without first playing a little poker with the original vendor, and do understand that you will have a hard time with a chain of custody if it actually came to an attorney. What you are trying to do is to get them to make good on what they sold you and keep away from the court of public opinion that you will raise against them if they do not make good.

Of course, if the diamond turns out to be properly graded, then you will want to consider getting the diamond recut, as you are now a victim of the "It's good enough" cutting that is so prevalent in the diamond world.

Either way, contacting a highly qualified independent is a great way to establish in your mind whether or not you were hoodwinked by a high appraisal into paying too much for a poorly cut diamond, or whether you were sold a diamond that was not as represented.

Wink

P.S. If you were sold a diamond that was represented as being especially well cut, then I would ask for an AGSL report. Your qualified INDEPENDENT appraiser can tell you whether or not you need a report that gives the best cut grade analysis or just an accurate color and clarity report.

If they made no references to GIA then how can you expect them to abide by GIA's grading standards and not that of another? Is GIA really the defacto in the industry? Why couldn't they just obtain a EGL or some smaller even less reputable lab who certs it as they stated? Would it even qualify as misrepresentation if they never stated by who's system it is?

As to the OP that diamond isn't of the best cut. It's not horrendous by any means but it might be worth having AGS or GIA graded it and then having it sent in for a recut.

If they are using GIA terminology, then they are telling their clients that they are using GIA standards. Ask EGL how using their own standards while using GIA terminology worked out for them in the long run...

Wink

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
MrsCWantsAnUprgade|1447644153|3950123 said:
Solgen used the term "OP". What does that mean?

"OP" is you.. Original Poster

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty!!

(I did have my diamond recut by Brian btw)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does look very pretty! Nothing wrong with upgrades, but it is usually best to start over buying from vendors who specialize in well cut stones at better prices, usually, than we can find locally. You have a nice diamond that will make a nice pendant or three stone ring later when you decide to upgrade your e-ring diamond!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
I believe this is her upgrade.. which is why she's so upset. It looks lovely.. but YOU need to love your diamond. You most certainly should have it appraised and then plan a course of action. If your ok loosing a bit of size for a better cut = then get it recut. BUT - you mentioned the color bothering you.. that won't change. So, armed with the correct ratings you could sell and buy a new diamond... utilizing the incredible resources of the board.. BUT - you will not make back what you paid. decisions ..
decisions

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
MrsCWantsAnUprgade|1447644153|3950123 said:
Solgen used the term "OP". What does that mean?

Either "Original Post" or "Original Poster".

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The clarity and color of your diamond look fine to me, even when the picture is blown up. Your diamond has a very large table, and that usually goes with a shallow crown. If you don't love the appearance of the diamond, do contact Brian Gavin about a recut. Here's a link to my recut experience:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sent-an-ugly-1ct-diamond-to-brian-gavin-for-recut-analysis.203438/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sent-an-ugly-1ct-diamond-to-brian-gavin-for-recut-analysis.203438/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results