shape
carat
color
clarity

Bullet vs Baguette?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twein28

Rough_Rock
Can someone describe to me what tte cut difference is with a bullet and a baguette? I saw a bullet setting I loved, but I don''t know if it''s harder to find. No store seems to carry bullets. Are they rarer and more expensive?

Also, are most bullets a brilliant cut or step cut? I think I like the brilliant cut better. Does anyone have pictures to send me of their rings or a websites rings that have brilliant tapered bullet side stones? I am in NYC...if anyone knows of a place to go to find this setting, please let me know.

I saw a bullet setting in a store but it was very pricey. I saw a baguette setting today that I liked, but I think I like the cut of the bullet better. Is it cut differently? It looks like the baguette is a clearer looking stone. I am not sure though. Please explains.

I have a 2 carat round stone I wnt to use to set my ring. I am looking for a tapered, brilliant cut bullet setting.

Thanks!!!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
A baguette is rectangular or trapezoidal (the narrow sides are straight). A bullet ends straight on one narrow side, but pointed on the other. I have never seen bullets or baguettes cut in any way other than step - in fact, I think given the typical proportions of baguettes and bullets (l:w >= 2) it would be next to impossible to cut any other way.

If you are talking of shields or trapezoids (traps) - same outline as bullets and tapered baguettes, but fatter - then brilliant-type cuts become possible. As far as I know, none of those shapes is particularly difficult to find.

twein28

Rough_Rock
thanks! does anyone else have advice? I love this Tiffany ring (there are apparently only about 5 in all the Tiffanys). I think I decided on the bullet cut ring, but this is a favorite too! I love the way the stones go right up to the diamond.

tiffany ring picture phily.JPG

twein28

Rough_Rock
here is the side of the tiffany ring...i LOVE this ring but don''t feel like getting it made up. I think I will go for the bullets b/c it''s more diverse in terms of other jewelery and wedding bands.

tiffan side.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results